All Comments on 'The Snowbound Brunette'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
reader1000reader1000about 1 year ago

No surprises but a nice simple feel good romance. Some back stories and believable plot development. Seems like she should go to truck driving school instead of just staying a passenger, though.

KachinaDollKachinaDollabout 1 year ago

Nice story with good characters.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

No more six days on the road and I want to see my baby again for him!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed riding with both of you, very true to life. You definitely nailed it, very, very well written.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

King & Queen of the road. And Wal-Mart parking lots. Another five.

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Good story, well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sweet!

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Lovely love story. I can see it working and possibly even better if she passed the requisite testscand bcame a trucker herself and able to share the driving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As a recovering truck driver, I related so much to this story. My dream was to take my wife with me on the road (she is faithful!), but she has MS and could no longer get into and out of a cab. More's the pity as she loves traveling, too.

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Clevelandabout 1 year ago

Well written. Ronde understands how English grammar, sentence-structure, and good prose style work. I enjoyed reading his well-crafted, economical, low-error prose. The plot is well constructed too, with enough well-chosen specific details to create credibility.

.

My personal tastes run to erotic stories that are more transgressive than this one. "The Snowbound Brunette" celebrates all of the most conservative of Traditional Values (apart from allowing a little premarital sex by adults). Some of the attitudes here seem transplanted directly from the early 1950s--women who recoil from cunnilingus (let alone fellatio), men embarrassed by a box of tampons, etc. And to make the marriage work, the woman makes radical changes in her life, while the man makes almost none. So she decides to spend most of the rest of her life riding as a passenger in a long-haul truck. That's "togetherness" for you--another relationship ideal from the 1950s.

.

I'm glad to see a talented writer return to publishing after an absence of nearly 20 years. It's not entirely his fault if I am unable to join the audience he is addressing. On the other hand, the values a story celebrates are part of the story. Overall: 4 stars (for technical merit) and thanks for an entertaining read.

Magic_CapMagic_Cap9 months ago

Sometimes less sex is more ! 😉

An absolute well-rounded story - thank you !

5/5 Stars !

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is a very sweet story that develops into real love. I imagine Tim with a sexy hairy chest for that muscular, masculine man. They deserve each other, and he is such a real gentleman to have rescued her!

J6480J64806 months ago

good one mate

SatyrDickSatyrDick5 months ago

[03.12.23]

Que Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"...The parts for Japanese cars came from Japan and landed at the docks in San Francisco. I'd drive out to San Francisco and pick them up, then drive back to the main warehouse in Raleigh. That part of the trip took about five days..."

Kind of silly. Containers are delivered to the east coast too. It would have to be far more economical to just have them delivered to an east coast port. Also, San Diego is a much more likely west coast delivery point.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

'Infective' really is a word; I looked it up.

You learn something new every day. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories