The Society Pt. 07

Story Info
Jason's secrets are revealed.
2k words
4.29
2.4k
00

Part 7 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/16/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JDMatton
JDMatton
30 Followers

I lead Jason into my bedroom and slam my door shut, locking it.

"There's more coming. A lot more."

Jason says breathlessly. Sweat drenches his white generic brand shirt, his face covered in a shiny glaze. There was something odd to his features that I couldn't place, a growing brutish and animal-like countenance that was unnerving. I put it off to the side.

My body felt as if to be several steps ahead of my thoughts.

I wrench my window open, which lead to a rusted metal fire escape, the light of my bedroom casting a pale illumination into the falling darkness of the night.

We diligently climb out the window, and clammer down the rickety fire-escape.

Those men did not look like the FBI.

I think, among the consternation wreaking havoc in my mind.

We reach the bottom of the fire escape, and unlatch the ladder so that is clatters to the cement below.

I unsteadily climb down the ladder, Jason directly following suit behind me. Once we reach the cement of the alleyway, I grasp my hands on my knees, my chest heaving to catch my breath, my heart pounding tumultuously in my ears.

"Who the fuck are they?"

I gasp, my voice noticeably raspy.

I start to jog to the opposite end of the alley, towards the parking lot, where my car was parked. Jason follows.

"They call themselves Night Blades. They are-"

As we reach the end of the alley, a voice yells at the other end of the alley.

"They're escaping through the alleyway- they're almost to the car!"

Like a sharp snap in the night air, the men take fire.

We dive into the safety behind a building as shards of brick explode in spray of dust on the side of the building.

I don't feel my legs as the two of us bound to my car. There, I unlock it, and we throw ourselves on the peeling leather of the seats.

Starting it, I back it out, and exit onto the parallel street behind the apartment complex.

I push the car to forty miles an hour, my body unnervingly numb, my limbs seemingly running on autopilot.

Devoid of my realization, I was instinctively driving us towards exit of town, near my college and the cafe.

With danger finally out of reach, I find myself capable of speaking.

"What the hell is going on. What the fuck are 'Night Blades'?"

I don't look at Jason as he sighs from the passenger seat, my eyes dart cautiously about the road and surrounding streets.

He finally reply, his baritone voice noticeably more potent than it usually is.

"Night Blades are a branch of the government who hunt down my kind."

I give Jason a questioning sideways glare.

"My 'kind'?"

From my peripheral vision, he smooths a hand over his sweaty brow.

"They hunt down Therians."

There was a silence, nothing but the night traffic, and the humming of the radio static.

Finally, I reply, a bit shakily.

"Therians. Therianthropy? Like from a kid's book? Are you telling me- that you can turn into an animal?"

Jason simply nods.

I see my college, standing tall amongst the sun that has almost completely dissolved on the horizon.

Before us- the town exit.

I pick up my speed.

"No. You are bullshitting me. It's your fault I'm in this car with you, running for my life. Stop fucking telling me lies."

He attempts respond, when suddenly from the perpendicular road, where cars yielded to my street, headlights flash from the passenger window, causing us both to flinch.

Jason tries to yell out-

"ALEX-THEY'RE GOING TO-"

My body is wrung against my seat belt as a vehicle rams into my car.

I lose control of the vehicle, my hands blindly going at the steering wheel. We spin out, and the vehicle violently meets with a building.

There were no airbags in the aged vehicle, so my head is thrown into the steering wheel, causing a detrimental dance of stars to flash before my eyes.

I reach for the door handle, I weakly thrust my door open.

I unclip my seatbelt, and stumble out of the car, the world whirling around me in a in-comprehensive blur.

Losing my footing, I scrap painfully onto the cement on my chest.

From across the street, I spot a large postage box, and crawl towards it.

I grip the cool metal, and lean my shaking back against it. My limbs ached. A headache pounded maliciously against my skull. I grit my teeth.

I look back to what was the wreckage of my car.

The entire hood had been dented and smashed in by the impact of the building.

Glass from the passenger side window lay strewn over the cement, sparkling lightly in the illumination of the street lamps.

I see the figure of Jason, as he climbs out of the vehicle, his body landing on the cement.

Blood was splattered over his white shirt. Cuts from glass shards lay carved onto his face like morbid tattoos.

The vehicle that had hit us: a large black van, was parked several yards away.

The doors set at the back of the van are thrown open, and men and women dressed in black spill out into the night air in uniform fashion.

Their weapons aim towards the wreckage.

Jason was pinned. He sits with his back against the side of the car. I see his chest heaving labored breaths.

There was nowhere he could possibly escape to. He would have to surrender.

My hands tremble as I grip the postage box, leaning my body out of the sight of the armed men and women.

Jason then does something I did not expect. He stands.

Looking more closely, I realize something unnatural was happening to his body.

My breath is caught in my throat as his muscles press out against his shirt, tearing it. His body swells, his legs ripping his jeans, his feet outgrowing his shoes.

I hear Jason let out a deep growl that sends a tremor of cold through my body.

Brown hair sprouts over his growing mass. His face and jaw crack open as a short muzzle forms against his facial features. I glare in horrified dismay as thick horns curve out of his skull, glinting wickedly in the lights around him.

Where Jason had once stood, a hulking humanoid bull stood at at least 6"4', Jason's tarnished clothing laying in tatters around the mass of its body.

Jason bolts from the shelter of the wrecked vehicle, directly at the incoming threat.

I painfully suppress the urge to yell towards him:

Stop! You're going to get shot!

Several gunshots ring out into the evening air.

Jason flinches as several bullets enter his body, but he continues his primitive charge.

He lowers his head, and spears the nearest man with his horns, barreling through the line of men and women, causing them to be flatten to the concrete.

Jason heaves the speared man from his horns, and with the fluency of a man hurdling a light child, he thrusts the body towards a man who stood to take aim. Before he was knocked off his feet, though, he got a shot in. The bullet pierces Jason's chest, causing him to recoil backwards, momentarily losing his footing.

He lets out a thunderous roar that echoed and seared the streets around us.

A man and woman scramble to their feet to face the oncoming threat of the humanoid bull, but he is too fast.

He slams his fist into the face of a woman, and she is sent off of her feet, onto the sidewalk behind them.

Now only one man was left standing. He shakily retrieves his rifle from the cement. Before Jason could reach him, he pulls the trigger.

At the impact of the bullet, Jason hitches backwards with a beastial roar of pain.

For a moment, Jason wavered on his feet, his eyes tightly closed. He continued forth, step by step.

The man let another shot fly.

Jason staggered a moment, but continued.

Another step.

Another air splitting shot.

Jason now stood in front of the man, several inches taller, looking down at him like an adult glaring disapprovingly to a child.

He took the man by his head and jaw, tightly.

I felt my heartbeat pulse violently in my throat, a reaction of apprehension of what was to come.

The man suddenly screams up into the face of the bull.

His voice echoes through the street.

"You fucking monster."

Jason snaps his neck, cleanly.

The man's body lifeless body falls victim to gravity, and meets the earth with a disgruntling thud.

Jason stood for a moment, trembling in the blinding white glare of the street lights.

He collapses, attempting to catch himself with his knees, but nonetheless painfully hits the cement on his back.

"Jason!"

I scream, and ignoring the searing protests of my brain and the pain in my limbs, I limp towards the bulking form of the fallen bull.

Unnervingly, his body was trembling, deflating and shrinking. His muzzle was disappearing, the hair covering his body dissolving back into human skin.

He was looking more and more like the man I had gotten to know for the past four days.

When I reach him, I fall to my knees beside him, ignoring the painful scream of my legs.

Bullet wounds spot like polka-dots in his flesh, blood surging over his body, looking black in the bright illumination.

He opens his eyes to my voice.

"Shit. Jason-Jason- we need to get you to a hospital."

His face was almost human, his shrinking muzzle slightly jutting outwards, still giving him foreign and animal-like features.

He shook his head slowly.

"It's too late."

His voice was hoarse.

I feel my body trembling, I protest.

"No- NO- don't say that, Jason we can get you to a-"

The man suddenly grips the collar of my shirt, now damp with my sweat.

His face now returned to normal, blood smoothing over his beard, his brown eyes glaring desperately into mine. The same face that, what seemed like only a moment ago, had smiled at and offered to walk and get groceries.

He was sucking in feeble, labored breath, a nauseating moistness to the sound as he chokes on his blood.

"Alex- listen to me. I'm not going to make it,"

His fist trembled in its grip.

"A team is arriving tomorrow morning to pick me up at the cafe. The Night Blades took my sister, Alex. Please- you have to get her back,"

He suddenly tilts his head away, his free hand paws uncoordinatedly for a jagged piece of torn metal from on of the vehicles. He takes it, trembling in his fingers, and looks back to me.

"I have never met a human like you, you helped me nonetheless if it was a mistake you knew you were making- and its more than I could ever say for myself."

Suddenly, spitting out a clot of bloody mucus, he sinks the jagged piece of metal deeply into his chest, and he cringes, uttering a deep grunt of pain.

I move to stop him.

"Jason-stop- what the fuck are you doing?"

He pulls the shard out of his body, leaving a fine incision on his hairy pectoral. It was now painted a deep red with his blood, it trickled lightly onto himself.

He takes a shuddering breath, and mutters:

"I'm sorry for this."

He thrusts the shard deeply into my side. Pain jolts with the vigor of electricity up my body, and cry out, recoiling from him, stumbling away from him.

"What the hell?"

I scream at him.

He only looks at me, his eyes glassy, reflecting the stark brightness of the lights around us.

"My kind need people like you, Alex."

He said softly.

"Please, Alex. Save her..."

And then there was nothing in those glassy eyes.

I laboriously climb to my feet, the shard stinging in my side.

"Fuck-"

I gasp, as I pull it out with trembling hands. It clatters lightly to the concrete.

I stumble away from Jason's corpse, unable to look at it anymore, my brain failing to register what had just happened-what any of this was.

In the distance, I hear the wailing pound of sirens against the buildings of the city.

I move uncoordinatedly down the street, to the only place I could possibly go,

as the sun finally set and the night wrapped its pitch blackness across the sky.

JDMatton
JDMatton
30 Followers