The Spa Ch. 01

Story Info
Danielle starts her new career working in a luxury spa.
1.4k words
3.96
6.2k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is an introductory chapter. Setting the scene and giving some background on the protaganist.

It had been a long time coming, she knew it was on the cards when finally, word came down from the powers that be that her contract was not being renewed. It had been a difficult couple of years for Danielle. Playing football for Arsenal had been her childhood dream. On the cusp of the first team at 18, she was hacked down in a cup game by a rather ill-tempered Chelsea player, breaking her ankle and causing a rather devastating injury.

Over two years of vigorous rehabilitation had left her able to run but her touch hadn't left her. While she was recovering from the injury, Danielle had enrolled in college to train as a sports therapist. She had hoped maybe a career in the club as a therapist or physio but the offer didn't come. Faced with a life outside of her dream future, Dani searched for work within the footballing world but sadly, was unsuccessful. Having spotted a reasonably well-paying job advertisement for a sports therapist in an estate hotel she tried and was successful in winning an interview. The estate manager, an older woman named Agatha, arranged her interview in Edinburgh.

Dani took the train up to meet her and they got on famously. Although Agatha would have been in her late forties, she was stunningly beautiful. Her tall, slender figure didn't sit right in her classic tartan skirt and navy blazer. Her red hair was almost a caricature of her Scottish heritage, but her calm and even voice put Danielle at ease. A former athlete, having run track at the Commonwealth games but never making an Olympic team, she would glide around a room with grace. Their combined love of sports was a fantastic talking point and as Danielle had achieved all the qualifications necessary to fulfil the position Agatha was more than happy to offer her the post.

The new job came with living quarters on-site and access to everything the estate had to offer during off-peak times. It meant she had to move away from London, something he never thought she'd have to do. This estate was outside Edinburgh so for the first time in her life, Dani would be moving away from her family, friends, and all she ever knew.

With the help of her father, Alan, Danielle packed up her belongings into her dad's old Ford estate car and headed North for her new life. The long drive up the motorway was filled with melancholy thoughts. Her dreams of becoming a professional footballer weren't common amongst girls but it's all she ever wanted. From the age of six, she played against boys and more often than not, outperformed them. At twelve, trying out for the football team in high school was fun. She ran rings around the boys but ultimately wouldn't be selected because of her gender. Dani's dad, being a massive football fan and Arsenal fan from a young age, had been beyond supportive. Driving her around South London to find girls teams and bringing her to practice and games, standing on the sideline cheering no matter the weather. Now not only was she facing life away from her beloved sport, but also the shining light and biggest supporter.

Unfortunately, Dani didn't always have the support she wanted. Being an only child was difficult. The early years were good but once she started being more interested in sports than soaps, her relationship with her mother suffered. Janet wouldn't go to games, would rarely ask about it and flat out refused to be involved. Her dream of having a pleasant little girl to adorn dresses and pretty shoes, with hair in ribbons were dashed when Danielle first found football. Dani very quickly leaned into tracksuits and football trainers, hair tied back in a high ponytail, though her hair got progressively shorter as time went on to the point of it being rather ungirlish.

It came to a head when Danielle turned sixteen, for her birthday she wanted to invite her friends to an indoor football event and her mum exploded and refused. Instead, arranging a rather dull British tea party with all the girls from her school, none of whom Danielle was particularly friendly. One of the other girls made a joke about Dani looking like a lesbian, to which she replied, 'I am, so what?'. Overhearing this, Janet had a blazing row with Alan about how he had turned her gay by letting her play football. The party was cut short and things were tense at home for a few weeks. Alan, ever-supportive, was always there to give Dani the reassurances she needed. Janet barely spoke to her after that fateful day. She left a few months later, Dani and her dad staying in the family home. Janet never got back in touch with Danielle, even when she signed her professional contract or played her first match on TV. It was disappointing but in hindsight, her dad was all the support she ever needed. He always would be.

The drive North was relentless. It was nine hours in total, with a stop off north of Leeds for a 'food and bathroom' stop her body was stiff from the road. She arrived at the end of the driveway of her new life, getting out of the car to stretch and take stock of where she was going to live. The large ornate gates of wrought iron stood high above her head, along with the classic stone walls on each side, sprawling far in each direction. The name of the estate in large brass lettering adorned the wall on one side. Through the gates, in the distance stood the venerable country house, although partially clouded by fog it lit up like a beacon. She starred at her future, excited and nervous about what lay ahead.

The driveway was a gravel road, it must have been two miles long and although obscured by the fog the grounds looked amazing. There were horses on one side of the road and what looked to be a golf course on the other. Arriving at the front door a man in a top hat and long cobalt coloured overcoat approached the car, winding her window down as he approached, he enquired in a clear and polite Scottish accent, 'How may I help you?'

'I'm Danielle, I'm starting work here and I've to ask for Agatha?'

He smiled, then his brogue slipped, 'Aye, I'm Rab or Robert to the members. If ya pull the car around to the right, you'll see the staff area. Agatha's office is through the red door with a staff sign on it.' She thought it funny his dropping the posh accent and becoming a bit more Scottish when he understood Dani wasn't a member. She pulled the car up to the staff area as directed and was met by Agatha.

Agatha greeted her with a warm hug, yet again dressed much older than her years. She brought Dani into her office, a rather modern place, almost at odds with the aesthetic of the main building. After a brief welcoming, Danielle found out the next morning was to be her introduction day. Meeting her new colleagues and being shown around the grounds. She was excited at the thoughts of all to happen in the coming days.

As it was getting late, Agatha showed Dani to her living quarters. They both got in Danielle's car, it was a short drive up a tree-covered lane to an opening in the woods. Surrounding a small green, there were what looked like individual pods, around ten to twelve of them. Agatha stopped at pod number six, there was room for Dani to park the car. Upon closer inspection, the enclosed apartments had a small decking area to the rear with chairs and a table. Inside was a living area with a log burning stove, a tv and sofa bed should there be any visitors and a small kitchen, there was a separate bathroom and bedroom with a queen-sized bed and plenty of storage space. The kitchen had everything a girl might need and more. It was so much nicer than she had ever imagined it would be. Agatha was able to sort out her wifi and ran over the necessary information for heating and lights.

Once Agatha left, Dani texted her dad to let him know she arrived and was comfortable. She sat in her warm little suit excited at the future that lay ahead.