The Spot on the Bridge

Story Info
When Tom and Ben meet, will sparks fly?
2.3k words
4.66
7.6k
10

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/02/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey all: This is a multi-part story. This first part is character development and build up. I promise there will be hot sex in the next chapter! Please--give me your feedback. It helps me be a better write. Thanks!

Tom sat at his mahogany desk at 4pm on Friday afternoon and gazed out the 37th floor window onto the city below. His last client of the day had just left and the law suit they had settled would earn him a substantial commission. He was 42 years old, had a corner office, was a senior partner in an international law firm, and had been earning seven figures for the past five years. He drove the latest range rover, lived in a tony downtown loft apartment, and had a terrific group of friends. He was on the boards of the local theater and food shelf and had long been rumored to run for political office.

He seemed to have everything going for him.

But Tom was lonely.

Jeremy, his college boyfriend and love of his life, died from a brain tumor four years earlier. Tom had grieved, thrown himself into work, and had resigned himself to being single in a world of Grindr and Scruff. Occasionally, his friends would drag him to the Eagle for beers and a cigar and some eye candy. But he wasn't interested in casual sex. He made no judgments; it just wasn't his thing. His love with Jeremy had been so complete—they met their first week of college and were together for almost 20 years before Jeremy came home from work one day with a bad headache. He was diagnosed with a glioblastoma—a rapidly growing malignant brain tumor—that despite radiation, chemo, and two surgeries—claimed his life a week after his 38th birthday.

That was four years ago.

And Tom hadn't even considered moving on.

Until this Friday afternoon.

His phone rang.

Looking at caller id, it was his twin sister, Annie.

"Hey sis, what's up?" he asked as he put on his sport coat.

"Uncle Tom, it's not my mom. It's Phillip!" bellowed his seven year old nephew.

"Well hey Buddy! What's going on? How was school?" he asked.

"Well, Uncle Tom. I'm doing a project for school," the toothless boy stated very seriously. "And I need to interview a grown up who I admire."

"Well I'm honored little guy. How can I help?" asked his Uncle.

They chatted for a few minutes about being a lawyer and the work Tom did for the theater and the food shelf and what he wanted to be when he was a kid. But just as Tom was getting in his car, Phillip asked a zinger of a question.

"Uncle Tom, when are you gonna get married?"

Tom sighed. "Well sweet boy, I was married to your Uncle Jeremy. I loved him very much." Tom's voice caught. He was 6'2" and weighed 210lbs. He had short dark brown hair, a tight cropped beard and was fit, though had a little hint of a belly starting. Regardless, he didn't present as a guy who would get teary.

"I know," said Phillip matter-of-factly. "I like the pictures from your wedding. But you can get married again you know? My friend Spencer's mom got married to Bruce. Spencer said that he had to wear a suit. And his mom and Bruce kissed and it was gross."

Tom laughed. "I suppose I could get married again sweet boy. I've got to get going. I'll talk to you soon."

"Ok Unk," said the boy. "Don't forget that next time we get ice cream!"

Tom smiled, put his head on the steering wheel and sobbed. He missed Jeremy more than he could describe. The hole in his heart felt like an endless chasm.

But maybe his nephew was right? No. Not to get married! But maybe it was time to move on and try dating?

That night, after a concert, Tom joined some friends at the Eagle. He wasn't much of a bar guy—he didn't have the emotional temperament to engage in the drama of the gay world. He was serious about work, serious about the community, serious about friends—and he was a dominant personality. He and Jeremy worked because Jeremy was naturally submissive. Their sex life was great—but it was more than that. Tom was in charge. And Jeremy was content to let him be.

But this night was Nick's birthday. Nick and Jeremy were buddies since grade school and Nick had been at Tom's side throughout grieving Jeremy's death. Nick rarely asked much of Tom, so when he did, Tom showed up.

They guys were already out on the patio by the time Tom arrived a little after 10pm. Nick was there and was on his way to being toasted, and a bunch of the other guys were there drinking and smoking cigars. Steve, another friend, offered Tom a cigar, which he gladly accepted and lit up.

While the guys were chatting and talking, Tom sat smoking his cigar and drinking his vodka on the rocks. The usual group was there—Steve, Nick, Charlie—Nick's partner, Scott, David, and one of Jeremy's work colleagues, Doug. Doug and Tom had a nice cordial relationship over the years, but weren't close. Several minutes in, a young man—perhaps 22 or 23—came over to Doug. He was shorter than Tom's 6'2" by three or four inches, wore wire rimmed glasses and had messy brown-blond hair. He was thin and had a scruffy face—not quite a beard, but more stubble than one day's growth. He wore a white polo shirt, jeans, and shoes. And he looked like he was uncomfortable and out of place.

Tom glanced his way and felt a stirring in his grown. The kid was attractive—not in a classic sense—but there was something vulnerable about him. He looked a little nervous. He glanced over Tom's way. Tom froze and stared back. The look they shared was intense.

It was interrupted by Doug. "Tom," he started, "This is my nephew Ben. He just graduated from UMD and moved here from Duluth for a job at Medtronic. Ben, this is my friend Tom."

Ben put out his hand and when Tom shook it, the electricity between the two of them shocked him. Doug moved over to talk with someone else leaving Ben and Tom standing together.

"So you just graduated?" Tom asked trying to sound casual as he steadied his shaky hand and put the cigar to his lips.

"Yes Sir," Ben replied. "I got a degree in mechanical engineering. I start at Medtronic next week. I'm staying with my uncle until my apartment is ready at the beginning of next month."

The kid was fucking adorable. He spoke gently and with enthusiasm and without any guile. Tom felt himself smiling.

"What do you do, Sir?" Ben asked.

"You don't have to call me, Sir," Tom responded as he blew cigar smoke.

Ben blushed. "I'm sorry, Sir. I was raised in the south. I'm just trying to be polite. I mean no offense."

Tom laughed. "No offense taken. But at a bar like this, Sir has... some different connotations..." He stared into Ben's green eyes. The kid didn't blink. But he did blush again. Which made Tom hard in a way he hadn't been in nearly five years since Jeremy got sick.

Ben smiled. "I know," he whispered as he leaned into Tom's ear to be heard above the din of the bar. "Sir."

Tom didn't flinch as he moved closer so their shoulders were touching.

"Well as long as we are clear about that... boy." Tom responded. And he felt Ben relax and almost melt into him. The kid swallowed his drink.

They kept talking and drinking for the next couple of hours, almost oblivious to the noise around them. Ben was a runner and a kayaker—something Tom loved to do but hadn't done in years. They shared a fondness for bad Netflix movies, Asian cuisine, and public service. Ben was clearly a nerd—he was intellectually off the charts and socially a bit awkward. His glasses kept sliding down his nose as he listened intently to Tom—and Tom used every bit of willpower to resist the urge to push them back up.

Tom found himself at ease with Ben in a way he hadn't felt in a long time. There was something about the kid—his utter sincerity, his lack of pretense, his genuine kindness. As he told a story about his dog Goldie stealing the Thanksgiving turkey and Ben's mom running after the dog to get it back, Tom laughed so hard he had tears in his eyes. And when he spoke about his Uncle Doug helping him find a place to live and letting him stay with him until his apartment was ready, Tom was utterly impressed with Ben's sense of duty and responsibility.

Ben was clearly smitten with Tom. He thought the older man was incredibly sexy, smart, and funny. He loved Tom's beard, his lips, his chest hair poking through his shirt, and the way he filled out his jeans—not fat, but thick and sturdy.

Tom, thinking back to the conversation with his own nephew, realized feelings that were awakening inside him that hadn't stirred in several years. While Ben was younger by what—20 years?—the conversation flowed easily.

"Last call," they heard over the loudspeaker. Nearly four hours had flown by! Nick, Doug and the rest of the crew had cleared out. Tom had long finished his cigar. Neither he nor Ben were drunk, but nor were they feeling too much pain either.

As they left the bar together, Tom looked into Ben's eyes. He was lost.

"Ben," he began. "Could we go somewhere to talk?" Ben nodded his consent as Tom put his hand on the younger man's back and they walked to a local bridge with stunning view of the Mississippi and the city skyline.

When they got to a bench at the midpoint of the bridge, Tom had them sit down. And there, under the stars of a warm May night, he told him everything about Jeremy. Ben listened intently, without interruption, holding Tom's hand as the story unfolded. A few times, he blinked back tears, but never once interrupted. He felt as though he were sitting in a conversation that would change his life—and he urged every cell in his body to listen, deeply.

"So you see, Ben, I'm a one man kinda guy. I don't fuck around. I do not cheat and I do not tolerate cheating. I take honor very seriously. I take commitments very seriously. I don't do drama. I work hard. I'm not looking for a playmate—though I do like to fuck," Ben blushed again and the heat radiated off his face. "In a relationship, I'm the dominant one. Do you know what that means?"

Ben nodded in consent. He had always been attracted to older men but had only "dated" a couple of guys in college. The dates were fine, the sex was mediocre, but wholly unsatisfying. He was powerfully attracted to Tom and felt a nervous flutter in his stomach. He didn't know much about being dominant or submissive, but as Tom spoke, Ben felt a peace about himself that felt almost joyful.

"Tom, I understand. I like the fact that you're... in control. You're big and strong and sexy and..." Ben felt like he'd just run a marathon, but given they were putting all their cards on the table, he wasn't about to stop. "But to tell you the truth," he said in a voice so low it hovered just above a whisper, "I've never..." Ben looked down at the ground and shuffled his feet. Tears fell from his eyes. Tom rubbed his back gently but firmly. He realized what Ben was saying.

Tom was dominant. But he wasn't an asshole. The kid was sexually inexperienced. And he assumed he'd never been fucked.

Tom was starting to have feelings for Ben and knew he would have to proceed gently. He looked at Tom with such reverence, Tom's heart swelled—along with his cock.

"Ben—boy—I'm not asking you to do anything tonight," Tom stated with confidence.

Ben looked up quickly and interrupted, "I want to do everything!" he said with a little bit more enthusiasm than he intended. They stared at each other and then both broke into laughter.

Tom reached over and held Ben's stubbly chin in his hands. The boy started to shake.

"Are you ok if I hug you," he asked.

Ben nodded his consent.

"I want to hear you boy. What do you want? I don't want to guess. I want a submissive boy who is clear about what he wants and needs—and that begins with serving me. Do you understand boy?" Tom was firm but caring. Ben melted. This was a dream come true. He was terrified someone would wake him from this dream.

"Yes sir. I understand. I'd like you to hug me and I'd like to hug you back, Sir. I'd like to try to make you feel as good as you make me feel right now," Ben mustered—and was secretly afraid his hardon would explode in his pants.

"Good boy," Tom replied and he enveloped the younger man into a warm embrace. Ben put his head against Tom's chest. His shirt was unbuttoned and Ben could feel Tom's wiry chest hair against his face. He sighed, simultaneously content and incredibly aroused.

Tom felt a tear fall from his eye. This was the spot where he and Jeremy took their final walk before Jeremy had a stroke and then died. This night felt like a new beginning with Ben. He kissed the top of the young man's head and smiled, a new energy and life force coursing through his body.

What would tomorrow bring?