The Stand-In Girlfriend Ch. 03-06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mspat
mspat
545 Followers

It was picturing and facing the disappointment, hurt and he would see in their eyes about what he'd done that stopped him.

Now he had to get Chevonne to wear the ring. He knew it wouldn't be easy but he had to try and get her to agree to wearing it. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

The knocking on the door awaken Chevonne. She looked down at her watch and saw that she had only been asleep thirty minutes. She took a pillow and put it over her head as the knocking started again.

'Maybe he'll go away if I ignore him', Chevonne thought to herself knowing that it was Ashton knocking on the door.

The knocking started again.

"Come in," Chevonne almost screamed.

The door slowly opened and Ashton entered the room. He found Chevonne still lying n the bed this time with a pillow over her face. He stood by the door waiting for Chevonne to remove the pillow from her face.

"What is it Ashton?" she asked the pillow still over her face.

"I would like to speak with you," Ashton said.

"Speak, I'm listening," Chevonne said.

"Would you remove the pillow from your face please?"

Chevonne removed the pillow from her face but her face was now covered by her hair.

"What is it," she almost growled her hair still covering her face.

"My mother gave me something to give to you," Ashton said walking toward her with the box containing the ring hidden behind his back.

"What is it?" Chevonne asked.

"This," Ashton said brining the ring from behind his back and presenting it to Chevonne.

"I can't take that," Chevonne said jumping back from the box as if Ashton had given her something covered with mud and gunk.

"You have to take it," Ashton said sitting down on the bed, "if we're going to pretend to be engaged you have to take it Chevonne."

"You bought this ring for Katrina," Chevonne said. "It wouldn't be right for me to wear it."

"I didn't buy this ring," Ashton assured her.

"Where did it come from?"

"It was left to me by my grandfather," Ashton said opening the box and showing Chevonne the ring. "He gave it to my grandmother when he proposed to her."

"It's beautiful," Chevonne said looking down at the ring. "But I can't wear it. Your grandfather left the ring for you to give to the woman, you're going to marry and that woman is Katrina."

"I haven't asked Katrina to marry me yet," Ashton said. "We talked about it but I never asked her. So you can wear the ring."

"I don't feel right about it," Chevonne said. "What if I lose it? I'll never forgive myself and I'll never be able to replace it or pay for it."

"You're not gong to lose it," Ashton said removing the ring from the box and slipping it on Chevonne's finger.

The ring slipped onto Chevonne's finger with no trouble at all. It fit perfectly like it was bought specifically for her hand, her finger.

"I trust you to take care of it and not to lose it," Ashton said still looking down at the ring and how beautiful it looked on Chevonne's hand.

"Ashton we can end all of this by telling your parents the truth," Chevonne said bring his attention back to her.

"It's too late for that," Ashton said. "Katrina called, she saw the proposal on television."

"Please say you're teasing me," Chevonne pleaded.

"I wish I could," Ashton said, "but I can't. The rest of my family and friends must know about the proposal by now. We're going to have to pretend to be engage and then break up for this to come out alright."

"I don't know if I can do this," Chevonne said. "What will I tell my parents? Things weren't suppose to go this far."

"Tell them the truth," Ashton said. "That we're engaged to be married."

"That isn't the truth," Chevonne pointed out.

"You're wearing my grandmother's ring, Chevonne," Ashton said. "I'd say that makes us an engaged couple."

"This isn't the time to be joking," Chevonne said smiling slightly at Ashton's remarks. "Your mother has been nothing but nice to me and I don't like lying to her. She's going to be very upset with both of us when she realizes we've been lying to her."

"I know," Ashton said. "But if we work things neither my mother nor your mother will ever have to know that we were never actually engaged."

Chevonne was about to ask Ashton a question when her cell phone started ringing. She looked at the screen and saw that it was her mother calling her. For the first time in her life Chevonne was sorry she took steps so that her mother and she could still talk to each other.

Chevonne knew that she was in serious trouble if her mother saw the news broadcast of Ashton proposing to her at the airport. Sarahh Michaelson didn't play. It didn't matter to her that Chevonne was old enough to make her own decisions, she was still mama. She opened her phone up and spoke to her mother.

"Hello," she said tentatively.

"I'm in the Bahamas enjoying my vacation, snuggling with my man, your father when guess what shows up on the television screen?" Sarahh Michaelson said to her daughter. The calmness of her mother's voice sent a chill through Chevonne's body and caused her to start shivering.

"Hi, mom," Chevonne said sounding and feeling like a little girl five years of age.

Silence.

"Are you and dad enjoying your cruise?" Chevonne asked.

Silence

Chevonne started silently quoting the Lord's Prayer because she knew she was in serious, deep, stink, stank trouble.

"You know what I want to hear?" her mother said after Chevonne remained silent too long.

"We'll talk about it when you and dad return home," Chevonne told her mother.

"You damn right ..."

Sarahh Michaelson cut herself off. "Girl you're going to make me forget my religion. I want to know what's going on and I want to know right now."

"I'm getting married," Chevonne said swallowing the bad taste that developed in her mouth as the lie left her lips. "Ashton surprised me by proposing to me at the airport. I thought he was just bringing me over to meet his parents I didn't know he planned on proposing."

"You never mentioned you were seeing anyone named Ashton," her mother said. "How long have the two of you been dating and when did it turn serious?"

"I'll explain everything to you when you return home mom," Chevonne said, "we'll sit down and I'll tell you everything. I promise."

"Chevonne, I know when you're lying," her mother said. "You know that don't you?"

"Yes, mom," Chevonne said.

"Call me when you're ready to talk alright?" her mother said.

"Yes, ma'am," Chevonne replied.

"I love you," her mother said.

"I love you too mom," Chevonne replied.

By the time Chevonne hung up the phone tears were streaming down her face. Ashton put his arms around her and apologized for creating their current situation.

CHAPTER 6

Ashton held Chevonne as she cried. He reached over to the night stand next to the right of the bed and pulled out a couple of tissues and gave them to Chevonne. She took them and wiped her eyes.

"Chevonne, I'm so, so ...."

"Don't say you're sorry," Chevonne said wiping the tears from her eyes. "You're not responsible for the lie I told my mother."

"But you did it because of me," Ashton said.

"You asked me to do it," Chevonne said, "but the decision to lie to her was mine so that makes me responsible for any hurt my mother is or may feel because of it."

Ashton couldn't believe the woman he was holding in his arms. She was refusing to let him shoulder any of the blame or guilt for what had just happened between her and her mother.

He couldn't believe that she was willing to shoulder all the blame. He knew that if Katrina had been in the same situation he would've been putting a major dent in his credit card trying to get her to forgive him.

Katrina would've been playing the martyr to the hilt for days. Milking it for all it was worth.

But with Chevonne he was pleading to share some of the blame and she wouldn't let him.

"Are you going to call your mother back?" Ashton asked.

"Yes, but not right now," Chevonne said. "I sent them on that cruise to enjoy themselves and that is what I want them to do."

"You sent them on a cruise?" Ashton asked amazed at what she said.

"Yeah," Chevonne said smiling when she thought about the look on her parents face when she presented them with the tickets the day she graduated from college. "From the first day I attended college I made up my mind that when I graduated in four years, the same day I received my diploma that I would give my parents a gift for having faith in me and supporting my dreams. I knew exactly what it would be because my mother has talked about it for as long as I can remember. She has wanted to go on a cruise around the world with my father. I went looking for a job the next day and I found one. I took the first paycheck I received and every check after that and put it in the bank and I promised myself I wouldn't touch that money for any reason. I managed to keep that promise and when I graduated I had more than enough money to send my parents off on the dream vacation they wanted."

"You don't have any siblings?" Ashton asked.

"Just my brother Martin," Chevonne said. "He's older than I am and he graduated college five years before I did so my parents didn't have to worry about someone to take care of us because we're old enough to take care of ourselves."

"Are your parents retired?"

"No," Chevonne said moving out of Ashton's arms.

"My father has his own business and my mother says that her job is to keep him in line."

Ashton broke out laughing. "Your mother does sound like my mother."

"I think they would get along very well if they ever met," Chevonne said.

"Sounds like your father could've taken your mother on that cruise without your assistance," Ashton remarked.

"He could've," Chevonne said, "but I wanted this gift to be from me. Something I earned and did on my own. To show them how much I love them and that I listened to the things they tried to teach me about hard work, being independent and self sufficient. To seek help if needed and to give it when I can and it's deserved."

"I bet your parents were surprised when you handed them the ticket for and around the world cruise," Ashton remarked.

"Yes, they were," Chevonne said smiling again when she thought about the look on her parents faces when she presented them with the tickets. "The look of surprise and pride on my parents faces and in their eyes made everything it took for me to give them the gift worth it."

"You're an amazing daughter," Ashton said.

"No," Chevonne said. "I have amazing parents. Believe me when I say they more than earned the cruise and more. It wasn't easy for them to have me for a daughter."

"I don't believe that."

"Until I graduated from high school I was the vein of my parents existence. I made good grades but I also got into trouble for doing some pretty stupid things."

"We all did that," Ashton replied. "I bet the things you did would be small compared to what I put my parents through."

Chevonne laughed imagining the man standing before her as a child and she had to agree with him that what her parents went through with her probably would be considered small compared to the things he put his parents through.

"Let me take you out to dinner," Ashton said abruptly changing the subject.

The thought of going out to dinner made Chevonne cringe. She wasn't in the mood to deal with the public and the news reporters she knew had to be lurking about outide waiting to take pictures of her and Ashton or waiting to bombard them with questions.

"I don't think so," Chevonne said to Ashton. "I don't want to have to deal with the press or the public right now."

Ashton was about to try and change her mind when his mobile phone began to vibrate. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was his older brother Spencer calling him. He answered it.

"Hello."

"Please tell me you didn't go through with that ridiculous plan you and Katrina dreamed up to get mom and dad to accept the two of you getting married," his brother said without returning his greeting.

"It's nice to hear from you Spencer," Ashton said ignoring his brother's question.

"Answer my question you arse hole," Stephen said his anger at his younger brother coming through in his voice.

"Yes," Ashton said taking a deep breath and pushing it out. "We did."

"I can't believe you," Spencer said anger mixed with shame moving through his body. "How could you do such a thing? How could you use another person in such a manner. How do you think she's going to feel when she finds out what you're doing?"

"She knows," Ashton said looking over at Chevonne letting her know he was talking about her. "She knew before we left the states."

"And she went along with it anyway?" Spencer asked. "Why?"

"She wanted to see if I would go through with it," Ashton said shame now filling his voice.

Feeling uncomfortable listening to his conversation Chevonne stood to leave so he could have some privacy. Ashton's hand reached out and grabbed her wrist. He told his brother to hold the phone.

"Where're you going?" he asked Chevonne.

"Downstairs," Chevonne told him.

"Promise me you won't leave," Ashton said needing her reassurance she would be there when he finished talking to his brother.

"I promise you, I won't leave," Chevonne said not understanding his sudden need for her reassurance.

Ashton released her wrist and continued his conversation with his brother.

Chevonne went downstairs and fund Ashton's mother discussing what they would be having for dinner with the cook.

"Would you like anything special for dinner Chevonne?" Alice asked. "I'm sure Mavis could prepare anything you would like to eat."

"No," Chevonne said. "I'm not sure I'll be eating dinner."

"Why won't you be joining us for dinner?" Alice asked a hint of concern in her voice.

"I think, I have a touch of jetlag," Chevonne said rubbing her stomach. "My stomach is a bit queasy."

"Why didn't you say something earlier?" Alice said walking over and taking hold of Chevonne's hand.

"I could've given you something to help you feel better."

"It's not that bad," Chevonne said. "I can deal with it."

"Are you sure?" Alice asked, "because I do have something you can take for it."

"I'm sure," Chevonne said. "I think I'll be alright by morning."

"Where is your fiancé, our son?" Charles asked.

"He's upstairs on the phone with someone named Spencer," Chevonne said.

"I knew his brother would call when he saw the news reports on the telly," Alice said a smile breaking out on her face. "He's probably reading Ashton the riot act because he didn't tell him, he was going to propose to you."

'I don't think so', Chevonne thought to herself thinking about what she heard Ashton say to Spencer before she came downstairs.

"Would you like to go sit out in the garden or watch the telly?" Alice asked Chevonne.

"Sitting out in the garden would be nice," Chevonne said, "I think the air would be refreshing."

Alice led Chevonne through the house out to the patio and the garden.

"Would you like something to drink?" Alice asked.

"No, thank you," Chevonne replied.

"Well, I have to go check on dinner," Alice said, "let me know if you change your mind about wanting something to drink or if you get hungry."

"I will," Chevonne said.

Chevonne had been sitting in the garden and gotten comfortable by relaxing on one of the chaise loungers with her eyes closed when a shadow fell over her blocking out the sun.

She opened her eyes and looked into eyes that mirrored Ashton only they were more serious. She assumed the man standing over her speaking on the cell phone was Spencer, Ashton's brother. Her assumption was confirmed when the by the next words he spoke into the phone.

"What is your fiancée wearing Ashton?" Spencer asked.

Ashton must've asked why because Chevonne heard him tell Ashton, he was in the garden with a woman who had to be a Princess or a Queen from Africa because the woman was too beautiful to be anything less.

The word 'player' immediately flashed into Chevonne's mind as Spencer spoke.

"Ashton said to tell you he's on his way down," Spencer said to Chevonne his eyes traveling up and down her body like she was a chocolate dessert laid out just for him to enjoy."

"Thank you," Chevonne said.

"I'm Spencer by the way," Spencer said introducing himself to Chevonne and extending his hand out for her to shake. "Ashton's older and more charming brother."

Chevonne looked up at Spencer. He stood about six and half feet tall, she put his weight at about two hundred or two hundred and ten pounds.

His hair was long hanging past his shoulders, which he wore in a pony-tail. He was dressed casual wearing a shirt and a pair of denim blue jeans. Chevonne looked down at his feet and saw that he was wearing a white Nike basketball shoes.

She wondered if he played. He definitely spent time in the gym, his muscular body was a testament to that.

"I'm glad you didn't include modest in your description of yourself," Chevonne said shaking Spencer's hand. "I'm Chevonne Michaelson, Ashton's fiancée."

"That's not what I heard," Spencer said his voice teasing and gifting Chevonne with his most devastating smile.

"That's the line we're going with," Chevonne said her tone absent of teasing.

"I didn't mean to upset you," Spencer said noting the tightness in Chevonne's voice.

"I'm sorry," Chevonne said realizing she was taking her feelings out on the wrong person, "you didn't upset me. I'm tired and I'm not having a very good day and I'm taking it out on you. Which I shouldn't do because my mood and my bad day aren't your fault."

"I understand," Spencer said sitting down on the chaise lounger next to Chevonne, "and I forgive you."

Chevonne smiled at him and went back to trying to relax and enjoying the garden. Spencer eased back into the lounger where he was sitting, never taking his eyes off Chevonne.

"The image would last longer if you took a picture brother dear," Ashton said as he stepped out on to the patio into the garden and saw his brother staring at Chevonne like she was a meal he couldn't wait to dive into.

"I don't need a camera dear brother," Spencer said his eyes still trained on Chevonne, "this image is forever burned into my memory.

"I'm gong upstairs to my room," Chevonne said standing and heading back upstairs not wanting to deal with the tension she was feeling between the brothers. "If the two of you are going to talk about me as if I'm not here I might as well not be here."

"What're you doing?" Ashton asked his brother when they were alone in the garden.

"Just getting to know my future sister-in-law," Spencer said finally turning his attention to his brother after Chevonne entered the house. "She is beautiful."

"Yes, she is," Ashton said, "and everyone thinks that she is engaged to me so that means she is off limits to you."

"I don't think that is your decision to make little brother," Spencer said standing and stretching. "I believe Chevonne is the only one that can decide if she is off limits to me."

"Spencer, you can't try to bed Chevonne while everyone thinks she and I are engage," Ashton warned his brother.

"I have a feeling that Chevonne isn't going to continue to allow you to use her for your little charade," Spencer said. "I don't think she's going to continue to let you disrespect her the way you're doing. She doesn't appear to me to be the type of woman that will to allow this to continue."

"Whether she does or not isn't your concern," Ashton said walking over to confront his brother, "and you will stay away from her. She is not to be used as one of your little female dolls and thrown away when you tire of her."

"Do you like or care for the lady, little brother?" Spencer asked.

mspat
mspat
545 Followers