All Comments on 'The Stein Ch. 03'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent little story. I should have docked a point for the spelling mistakes and the stupidity of the protagonists but I can forgive a few typos and without stupidity there wouldn't be a story.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The smell of copper, perfect! I was gut shot and ill tell you nothing hurts like that. I lived, the wife moved on. I got fairly wealthy from a law suit against her company. I found a problem in their banking records, they had me shot, she blamed me. i moved on. stay safe

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Still don’t understand why Nicky protected Parker after the shooting? While Parker told her not to tell anyone what really happened, she never said that he threatened her to keep her quiet.

.

And why was the house still a bloody mess…literally…when Eric came home from tne hospital over a week later?

.

But a well told tale. Very solid. Very strong 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A previous anonymous commenter stated ".... without stupidity there wouldn't have been a story".

I agree, but I would further argue that the story is only as good as its' characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Good build up in first chapter. Nicky was a but gullible regarding John and the "accident" but she was in a closet (btw for many minutes after the shooting) and didn't see it. She was freaking out but John said it was an accident and tried to make it look like a burglary. He didn't want her to call 911 but of course she did. The hospital scene is a bit weird but I think she still thought it an accident and told him he couldn't be there. Dude was a psychotic stalker dead set on the MC for perceived revenge. Nicky's biggest mistakes are she took a gift from John Parker and lied to her husband that a he bought it. Ok but why would she think that suggests to someone that she will have sex with him and has feelings and besides the guy just wanted a crack at thr MC. Her other big mistake was allowing him to kiss her the second time. She was drunk, froze after thr first kiss, and then pushed him off and told him no right after the second. That is not some grievous betrayal. Psycho stalker was using that a way to get into her house, as a justification to flirt and get into her pants with goal of revenge against the MC. Thr time gap is explained by her hiding in the closet, while thr cold blooded John Parker was watching her husband bleeding out. Nicky is obviously not thr sharpest tool on the shed or too trusting of others but nor is she a police detective or crime expert. She did not know how to interpret the sounds she heard. She was terrified at the time anyways. Thankfully the detective Tony gave him the tape. The earthquake in Vegas is a weird plot mechanism to delay the tape viewing and shift the venue. And she passed a full polygraph. The BTB crowd should just move on. Nicky made a couple of mistakes but other than being a bit naive, did nothing wrong. And she provided crucial testimony that finally broke the case. Though stupid in hindsight she bought into the "accident" idea put forth by John not seeing the evil in his heart or his murderous actions. She destroyed the 13th Stein that she gave her husband as she thought this was all her fault. I think most women would have confessed to being present at the scene earlier but then not much of a story reveal. She stupidly yet genuinely believed it was a so-called accident. When she learned the truth she really broke down. Thankfully MC got to finish the tape. Anyways provocative story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Got confusing when I was unsure where hero was, driving back and forth between L V and Sherman oaks?. Wife in effect lied about the Stein being a gift from her. Enjoyed it overall though 5 stars.

MarkTwineMarkTwineover 1 year ago

Well you managed to take what was a good story and in the last page turn it into a stinking pile of shit. The sorry ass wife’s boyfriend tried to mill him. She tried to help said boyfriend cover up the crime get he’s still loves her and trusts her completely. Turn in you fucking man card and take a long walk on a shot pier. We will all be better off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Not sure why some of the commenters think Nicky was in on it. She stupidly believed it was an accident and believed in John's threats to take them down with him if the police show. Her only lie to.her husband was about buying the Stein. Readers shouldn't insert their own agenda into a story. It is a work of fiction by an author. Reader cab interpret as they wish but adding own content into the story is just the reader using their own imagination to co-opt the author's plot.

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Excellent story. 5*.

kirei8kirei811 months ago

The main problem with the very good story was Nicky lying to her husband, first about the German incident, then about the shooting. She covered for a man who shot her husband, never telling him even after he was home recuperating. He could trust her after that and did but I don't think many others would. If he died a crime would have gone unsolved because of her. Then Parker's blackmail that she feared would start. Remember, she quit her job because of just suspected rumors that may start. The lies he told Eric would then have believibility to a lot of people.

remb95remb959 months ago

Great tale. I think she should have had mare awareness or suspicion about why John bought the stein for her but it made the story work. 5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I’m left with suspicion there was more to Nicky’s involvement with Parker. She was complicit in lying to the police, covering up for Parker shooting her husband and impeding the investigation - which were all crimes she admitted to - and it seems incredible she was stupid enough to not get that the two delayed gunshots didn’t fit the claimed accident. Not criticizing the story, just thoughts and my perspective. Overall⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nicky let her husband bleed out before calling 911. Clearly, she was lying out her ass. Since the evil PE coach is dead, nobody can contradict her. Great story though. 5*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous