The Stein Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
K.K.
K.K.
3,052 Followers

"Did you ask your husband about Sarah Bowden?"

"Yes. He told me he dated her a few times during his junior year in college," Nicky said.

"Did you believe your husband?"

"Yes."

"Did you tell your husband that it was Mr. Parker that wanted to know?" Detective Harris asked.

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't know."

"Have you seen Mr. Parker since the shooting?" Detective Harris asked.

"Yes. At school and he came to the hospital one day."

"He was at the hospital? Why?"

"He said that he needed to talk to me and he wanted to know how Eric was doing."

"What did he want to talk to you about?" Detective Harris asked.

"He wanted to make sure that I hadn't told anyone what really happened," Nicky said.

"Thank you, Mrs. Anderson. I think we are done here for now," Detective Harris said. "We may want to talk to you again so check with us before you think of going out of town."

Detective Harris moved away from the table and walked over to a phone on the wall and picked it up and spoke to someone. I couldn't hear what was being said. When detective Harris put the phone down he turned toward Jim.

"Mr. Culkin, can I have a word with you?" Detective Harris said.

Jim and Detective Harris huddled in the corner for a moment and then Jim escorted Nicky from the room. Immediately after that the screen went black and then snow.

After seeing the tape things were looking up a little but there was still the possibility that Nicky had been lying through her ass. I still didn't know what to do about her. That evening Tony came over for a drink and told me that the DA's office was not going to file any charges against Nicky. When I asked him why Tony told me that the Assistant DA was satisfied that Nicky had answered all of their questions truthfully. I ask Tony how could they assume that Nicky didn't lie to them.

"Detective Harris asked your friend Jim if Nicky would be willing to take a polygraph test and Jim said he would discuss it with Nicky and get back to him. Jim called Detective Harris the next day and said Nicky had agreed to take the polygraph," Tony said. "During the polygraph test they went over her responses to every question that she had been asked and they asked her if she had responded truthfully. They asked the questions in several different ways to make sure of her responses. Your wife swore that she answered every question truthfully and the polygraph confirmed that she had told the truth. There was nothing on her test to indicate that she had lied in any of her responses during the initial interview."

Now, Nicky is a bright girl but I knew there was absolutely no way she could ever fool a polygraph. So I was satisfied that I knew the truth. Nicky did not have an affair with John Parker and was not even attracted to him. Parker had bought the beer stein for her as a ploy to try and get something going but Nicky had cut that off quickly even though she had been drinking heavily.

Why the beer stein was the only item that was broken when Parker tried to make it look like burglars had been in our house made me curious. According to Nicky, Parker had brought the stein upstairs with him as a reminder that he bought that for her and then he tried to talk her into having sex with him based on his interpretation of what had gone on in Germany. I guess he thought that the fact that she had let him kiss her then meant that she might be interested in having sex with him. I interrupted his plans that afternoon by entering the house when I did.

I had begun to believe Nicky felt that by accepting that stein as a gift from Parker she had caused this whole mess. I thought that she smashed the stein on the hearth because she knew it would always remind her of what happened and that it was her fault.

That was the only question I needed Nicky to answer. If she broke the stein everything was all right, if Parker had broken it I would have been left with some doubts.

The End

K.K.
K.K.
3,052 Followers