All Comments on 'The Storm'

by HectorBidon

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
rightbankrightbankalmost 5 years ago
one storm has passed

What happens next?

WilCox49WilCox49almost 5 years ago
Not one of your very best . . .

. . . but very nicely done. I wonder whether she'll find the reality so wonderful over the long haul—wife to a working man, and mother to a bunch of children out there with no luxuries. A lot of hard work for her, too. But it's evident enough that he'd be a good choice, within those limits—an honest, conscientious, and humble man.

Once again, thank you for a good read. Keep up the good work

-- Wil Cox

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Please sir ...

... there is more to this tale that needs to be told. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Joy

This was pure joy to read.

maddictmaddictalmost 5 years ago
No Bull

The forest warden is made of sterner stuff than I thought, for her to present herself so trustfully and come away still sealed......

A nice story I enjoyed it very much. I put my devices dictionary to good use.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11almost 5 years ago
Great story - it left me wanting more

Well crafted tale nicely conceived.

Neat ending too.

Thank you

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 5 years ago
Magnificent

Lovely romantic tale, I loved it. The little stepping stones of the story, building the characters and hints to her upbringing, her defiance in her right to have a say in her future, to have her own mind to formulate her own thoughts on the world and philosophy, were well done. Therefore the reveal of her royal birth was a believable surprise. Of course the story ends with divers questions, which begs further exploration in chapters to follow, particularly as you cleverly engaged us in both characters. Not least is that stance posed by the bull ur's warning to the pair that he would hurt any puny human who would seek to harm his offspring, so there are few doubts as to her father's reaction to any mismatch Ludmilla proposed and I have fears of the future of the woodman, who exists on the momentary whim of a monarch who answers to no mortal. Even if the King acquiesces to the princess's pleas, what of her probable difficulties in subjecting her naive self to a relatively short and brutal lifetime as a vassal on the bottom rung of Society with so little preparation, her hands soft, her knowledge of real life non-existent? A benign ruler may be genial enough to share a bowl of porridge with a humble woodsman in his employ, while sheltering an hour or two from a storm, but would he allow his youngest daughter to share the same humble fare for the rest of her natural? Could he relegate his grandchildren, potential generals, dukes and alliance bargaining chips with neighbouring royal families, to be raised on an earthen floor and no education, airs or graces? The woodsman may be well-versed in his chosen occupation, gentle, considerate in his treatment of travellers, however comely they may be, but would he cope with a different life if the King relented, to allow his daughter her choice of mate and elevated him above his present station in order to ease the physical burden of pre-modern life on the wife of a serf? Despite these reservations, it was a lovely fairy story that was beautifully written and therefore I wouldn't hold back a single star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
excellence indeed.

What a pleasant change from the usual contemporary dross. A beautifully crafted piece of considerable imagination and no little knowledge. I look forward to your next offering with eager anticipation, well done sir.

PerryNormalPerryNormalalmost 5 years ago
Bravo! * * * * *

This is what a romance should be. I wish that more writers would craft their tales with as much care. Thanks for an excellent read.

PN

scruffnzscruffnzalmost 5 years ago

And there i was thinking he was going to turn out to be the King until her reveal...

Well done

jetpacksamjetpacksamalmost 5 years ago
This was perfect in my opinion.

This was chapter one right?

There is more coming, right?

Please?

jetpacksamjetpacksamalmost 5 years ago
Perfect. 5 Stars. However, There will be more, Won;t there?

Please?

So much to explore here.

Please.

JupiterMarsJupiterMarsalmost 5 years ago
Extremely Well Done

Crafted with skill on every level.

KerilaBleboKerilaBleboalmost 5 years ago
Fame and fortune and forest-fairies ...

This was enjoyable and engaging, with a highly unexpected setting. You've devoted plenty of attention to getting the backdrop right and I appreciate this a lot, because you could just as easily have rushed towards the sexuality while sketching the rest in rough lines. I find that your stories generally do this well. The author's mind seems not to be clouded or narrowed by sexual excitement. The first paragraph and quarter of the story had me wondering by what secret forest paths you would lead us from the topic of aurochs to human love. It was only at "The lad was somewhat reticent to undress" that I guessed what was about to come. Before then I was wondering whether this would be homoerotic (that would have surprised me a lot) or even non-erotic. I liked the naturalness with which they share a naked hug while the storm is raging. It gives their intimacy a primal necessity that is lacking in a lot of casual erotica. The angel-inside-an-ape metaphor had me laughing out loud in recognition ;-) And their discussion of his cock beginning with "more consequential" and turning to elephants and monkeys was hilarious.

I also agree with other commenters here that this is a foray into territory largely uncharted by Literotica and leaves plenty to be explored. Does he fully appreciate the fix they're in and does it get solved? He has a temperamental princess (bit of a cliché there ;-)) who, if he rejects her, might denounce him to her father in a regrettable mood swing, maybe costing him his life or livelihood. If he accepts her, he may face no small punishment either. Her simultaneous power, perilousness, innocence and vulnerability is important to me and I feel that might be talked about more.

He has to perform the tightrope-walk of making sure that he makes his own good intentions believable to the king without denigrating her in the process. That suggests pretending nothing happened between them, that she has had a fit and run off, come down at his lodge and returned with him. However, they basically want each other (or she him --he seems a little less attached) and should, I think, be wondering how to break that wish to her completely uninitiated father. Would a full, candid confession be best? Or should things be revealed to him bit by bit? Should they have a secret, flaming relationship full of wild nights among the trees, while pretending to the king that their closeness is slowly growing?

I can't help feeling that our woodman is scared out of his wits when she betrays her identity and has to put in a considerable effort to stay calm while suggesting they ask her father together. Unless, that is, his rapport with the king is so good that he feels no fear. Does he trust in that? Or maybe he's a noble savage to whom life and death, his own included, are everyday topics that fail to shake him.

Anyway, do they get the king's permission? And later, is their immediate attraction vindicated by a happy marriage? Do they want children? If not, can they still have physical intimacy in an age where birth control was akin to alchemy. You just had me researching historic birth control on Wikipedia and I don't regret it.

Ludmilla's character also remains a bit archetypal and could perhaps do with some personal interests, quirks or aspirations to set her apart from other innocent, sensitive but strong and independent young women to give us more chance to get to know the person behind the princess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I know this story leans to the realistic side and the MC is not a scum but it is also kinda disappointing that nothing happened after so much teasing and tension between the two.

Why didn't you get into temptation!

Coochielover71Coochielover715 months ago

Great story. Wish it had continued for a more satisfying conclusion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHectorBidon@HectorBidon
The pear is sweet, but the one who offers the pear is sacred.

SIMILAR Stories