All Comments on 'The Strawberry Flower'

by weftandwarp

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 6 years ago
Unexpected

This was an unexpected offering for Geek Day. I enjoyed it but got a little confused with the changing narrators toward the end. Keep up the good work.

ElectricBlueElectricBluealmost 6 years ago

Magical writing, really quite extraordinary. Thank you for submitting this.

Strawberries...

HectorBidonHectorBidonalmost 6 years ago
"School wasn't answering my questions."

Very nice story. You present a narrator who is almost unrecognizably alien, but at the same time quite recognizably human. The botanical filigree is delightful. I also really liked Mrs. Austen, the way she crept into the story and into his life. Thanks.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 6 years ago
An oddly beautiful story

Not gonna lie, I had some trouble getting into this one, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I was impressed with the research (or was it first hand knowledge?) you had to do for this. You brought the science and the psychology to life in a way that felt very real and accessible. The ending was touching.

Alice_RosaleenAlice_Rosaleenalmost 6 years ago

As soon as I started reading, I was reminded of Jitterbug Perfume, when Tom Robbins talks about floral consciousness and human evolution, and prepared myself for a cosmic orgasm. The diary/memoir format didn't necessarily work for me, and I felt it could have used more focus, but the story had an overall sublime quality I appreciate. The only thing I didn't buy was that anything could make carob taste good ;-)

yowseryowseralmost 6 years ago
Foreign Lands

You take us on a jarring, strange journey, some paths unrecognisable, others almost human, but dense with greenery, lush with images. Lovely read, it must not have been an easy creation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Amazing

Spectacular - a great piece of writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I loved the first part story; very direct, very clear, it made sense. To me, the last part, starting from ‘the update’, broke the pattern and spoiled the atmosphere; suddenly, for me, the reality was gone and it appeared to me that it was traded away for ‘sentiment’.

Nevertheless, it did make me curious enough to read more of you (but only after I managed to get through the rest of the Geek-stories, and some of the stories literally take weeks for me to read…)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wonderfull story

very emotional had me blinking at the end.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous