The Subject Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lily's eyes darted to the boy's two friends, but they were not even looking at Dara, or their friend. They were looking past Lily.

Another boy walked from behind Lily toward them. He was tall, dark-skinned, and...

It was Tamu...Kaia's brother.

He towered over the other boys, and he radiated menace. He stood in front of them, Lily behind him.

"And when she is done with you, I will begin. NEVER treat this girl badly again."

The two flanking boys turned and ran. Suddenly, Dara pulled the boy backwards, letting go as she did. He stumbled back, off-balance, hitting the ground on his ass. He then jumped up and took off as well, rubbing his bloody neck.

Lily, still reeling from everything that had just happened, put her hand to her face and touched her forehead. There was a large bump there, and she winced. There were also tears in her eyes. Either from the pain or from fear. Probably both. Her heart was still racing.

Dara was suddenly next to her, looking at her with an odd expression. Was it worry?

"Are you alright?"

Lily looked at Dara closely. From afar, Lily had always assumed Dara just used heavy eye-shadow to achieve her "look", but up close she could see that there was a light powder that made the skin on her face very pale, which contrasted with the eye-shadow and the black lipstick. It was a beautiful effect.

Lily nodded, wiping her eyes. "I-I don't know what happened..."

"Just some prejudiced assholes that don't like seeing girls kiss girls."

"Oh. I should be more discreet."

"What? No, fuck that! You don't change who you are...you kiss whoever you want!"

Lilly tilted her head slightly, and then leaned in and kissed Dara on her lips. Dara's eyes went wide, but she didn't pull away. After a moment, Lily leaned back.

"Thank you. You are my protector. You saved me."

Dara stammered, completely stunned by the kiss. She stared at Lily with an unreadable expression. Meanwhile, Tamu had recovered Lily's books and had kneeled next to her. "That bump looks painful. Perhaps you should visit the nurse."

Lily touched the bump and winced. She nodded at Tamu and smiled. "Thank you. You were very brave." She looked to Dara, then back to Tamu. "Both of you."

Dara and Tamu both helped Lily to her feet. Tamu was like a giant to the diminutive Asian, but she loved the feel of his solid bulk. She looked from him to Dara. The goth girl was overly careful with Lily, her eyes watching everything as the two students got Lily standing

Tamu smiled, and Lily thought it was amazing how much he and Kaia looked alike. "You were going to Mr. Kovitz's Calculus class, yes?"

"Yes. How do you...?"

"I am in that class as well. I shall tell Mr. Kovitz that you fell and needed to visit the nurse. I'll bring your books with me and leave them at your desk. Would that be all right?"

Lily smiled. "Yes, you are very kind to me. Thank you again!"

Tamu looked at Dara. "Can you get her to the nurse?"

Dara nodded. "Definitely. Come on, girl. Let's get going."

Lily shook her head. "No, Dara...I don't want you to miss your class."

"Uh-uh. I'll miss the first few minutes, but it's fine. Let's go."

They said goodbye to Tamu, and then started to the nurse.

As they walked Lily, without turning, said, "You taste like black licorice. Is it the lipstick?"

Dara had enough makeup on to mask the light blush suddenly appearing. "N-no...I had some licorice in my mouth when you..."

"Ah. I like black licorice." And she looked at Dara, and the other girl's hardened exterior began to crumble in the face of the sweet, quiet Asian girl looking at her with affection.

"Wo-Would you like a piece?" I h-have one somewhere..."

"No, just one more taste will be fine", and she took Dara's face and kissed her more deeply. The smell of black licorice mingled with lavender and bergamot. Dara's eyes closed and she reveled in this second kiss.

Dara, a very hard, harsh person normally, tried to reorient herself to this situation. This tiny girl seemed so fragile, so breakable. Dara wanted to make sure she wasn't harmed in any way.

She broke the kiss and started into Lily's eyes. "I won't let anyone hurt you, Lily."

Lily smiled. "My Protector."

They walked together to the nurse.

-----

Katy was sad to realize that she didn't seem to have Kaia in any of her early classes. She got to 4th period Chemistry to see Marcia chatting with Tim Callahan. She sidled up next to the other girl. "Hey guys! What's up?"

Marcia looked over at the new arrival. "Tim won't tell me who his Subject is for the first assignment!"

"What? No way! Come on, Tim...tell us! Is it me? Is it a tit-fuck for me?"

Tim laughed and shook his head. "Girls, no! I'm not supposed to let any of you know. The assignment sheet said it was to preserve the 'spontaneity' of it."

Katy wouldn't relent. "Okay, so you can't say. But what if it WERE me for example? What would you do to me? Because I'm really hoping for a tit-fuck." She pushed her bosom together to stress her point.

Tim smiled. "Well, if it were you, Katy. It would have to be anal. Especially with Mr. Bentley constantly mentioning you and anal!"

Katy pouted, then brightened. "I guess if I can't have a tit-fuck, anal would be okay too." She said that just as their teacher walked by, and it was obvious by her reaction that she had heard Katy's declaration. Katy leaned into Marcia and giggled. Marcia rolled her eyes and shook her head.

The bell rang and Tim rejoined his partner. "See you girls in 7th!"

-----

Marcia walked into Mrs. Makowic's Psych class and immediately looked for Lily. She saw the girl at her desk writing something down. Marcia moved over toward her, and Lily looked up. Marcia gasped when she saw a small bandage on Lily's forehead.

"Lily! What happened?"

Lily smiled and brought her hand to her head. "It's alright. I fell in the hall...or rather, I was pushed."

"WHAT? Who pushed you?" Anger welled up inside Marcia.

"Some boy. He didn't like me kissing Katy, so he got mad. I got this bump when I hit the floor."

"Oh, my gosh...that must have been scary!"

"Yes, and it would have been worse if I hadn't been saved...by Tamu and Dara from 7th."

Marcia's eyes got big. "Kaia's brother...and...DARA...saved you?"

Lily nodded and smiled. "They protected me. They were very brave. And very fierce. That boy and his friends will not bother me again I think."

Marcia nodded thoughtfully. "Rule #1", she said out loud.

Lily cocked her head quizzically.

Marcia smiled. "All of the students in 7th had to sign a form pledging to treat us four with respect and courtesy. They're also supposed to protect us."

"I did not know that."

A pause.

"Dara tastes like black licorice."

"I'm sorry?"

Lily nodded. "I kissed Dara. I think she was surprised by that. She had a piece of black licorice in her mouth. She tastes like black licorice. She's also taken on the role of my Protector."

Marcia giggled. "Really! Part of me thinks that's a perfect role for her."

Lily leaned in closer to Marcia. "I missed you after school. I made myself cum three times last night thinking about you. My pussy aches for your attention."

Marcia closed the gap further. She closed her eyes and inhaled Lily's beautiful scent. Lavender and...

"Bergamot."

Marcia's eyes opened. "What?"

"The other aroma you smell apart from lavender is bergamot."

"How did you..."

"Katy told me you were curious. I'm glad she did. She also said it was alright if we were good friends. I didn't want to cause friction in your friendship with her."

Marcia scoffed. "I love Katy, and nothing can change that. I have so much more love to give though. You want some of that love?" And she nuzzled Lily's face with hers. Lily giggled.

"Yes, please...I will take your love. And your body as well."

-----

At lunch, Katy spotted Kaia in the cafeteria as soon as she walked into the main seating area. Just seeing Kaia made Katy's heart flutter, and she made a beeline to her side, tray of food in hand.

"Hi!"

Kaia smiled warmly. "Hello, little coro! How is your day?"

"So good, now that I'm with you!"

Kaia was in a long sleeve top that hugged her form, but her pants were looser. Katy suspected she knew why. Quietly, she ran her hand around Kaia's rear, feeling for...

Ah, there it is! Katy gripped the metal circle and moved it just a bit.

Kaia turned and glared at Katy, who smiled sweetly.

"I was just checking to see if there was something to find there." She looked up at Kaia with her biggest, most innocent eyes.

"You knew what you'd find there, little coro. I'm almost glad I haven't seen you until now...I know that you would not be able to keep your hands off it!"

And Katy continued to look at Kaia with those eyes.

Kaia relented. "I said, almost."

Katy smiled. "I promise, I won't touch it again...until 7th."

"I will hold you to that."

"Come on...Marcia and Lily are at a table already!"

Soon all four Subjects were at a table together, chatting happily. Lily filled in Kaia and Katy on what happened in the hall. Katy was mortified and blamed herself for seemingly instigating Lily's attack but was quickly rebuffed by the other three. Lily also brought up the timely protection by both Dara and Tamu. The other girls noticed pride radiating from Kaia regarding her brother.

"If I could not be there, I'm glad he was. Tamu takes his oaths very seriously."

Katy looked at Kaia. "You love him so much, don't you?"

"Of course, my little coro. He is my brother. We fight, and have a rivalry sometimes, but he is my twin. He and I grew from the same egg and are bonded in our spirit."

Katy smiled, then frowned. "What does 'coro' mean?"

"It means 'girlfriend' in my language."

Katy blushed sweetly. "Oh."

Marcia and Lily sat silently, watching the interaction between the other two as it unfolded. Kaia and Katy just looked at each other, acting like they were the only people at the table, in the cafeteria, in the world. Rather than it being awkward, the other two girls drank it in as they ate quietly.

Kaia then blinked and looked at the other two. She flushed a bit. "Apologies. I...drifted a little."

Marcia shook her head. "No apologies necessary. I would too if I were looking at that for too long." And she motioned to Katy, who was looking at Kaia with deep affection, mixed with just a little bit of lust.

Then Katy snapped out of it suddenly. "Oh! Marcia! Is it okay for me to have more than one best friend?"

"What?"

"Well, I want to have Kaia as a best friend, but you're already my best friend. Can I have two best friends?" Katy had a very serious expression.

Marcia looked at Kaia, who looked a little embarrassed. Then to Lily who was smiling.

"How about this? What if we were all best friends to each other?"

Katy's expression changed to pure joy. "Really?! YES PLEASE!"

Kaia nodded happily. "I would love that!"

Marcia looked at Lily and put out her hands. "Would you be my best friend, Lily?" Lily quickly took Marcia's hands in hers, and said, "Yes. I want to be best friends with all of you. Especially Marcia though."

Katy said, "Then you guys can be EXTRA BEST friends! That's even better!"

The whole table laughed at that, and all hands went into the center of the table. Then more laughter and everyone leaned back in their chair.

After a minute, Lily dragged the other three back to the reality of the room. She looked past Marcia. "Look...it's Bess Ulrich."

The other three turned to see Bess at a far table. She was alone, eating lunch, reading a book. Every so often, she would look up at people passing by, and Marcia was struck by a sadness in her eyes as she watched the other students.

"Should we talk to her?"

Katy said, "She looks so lonely over there."

Kaia shook her head. "She is alone in a sea of people. I know that feeling so well. It may be difficult at first, but I want to at least say hello to her. Especially since I feel terrible that I did not see her in the first class."

Marcia looked at Lily. The Asian girl nodded. Marcia smiled. "Unanimous. Let's go." They all picked up their trays and walked over.

-----

Bess Ulrich was halfway engrossed in her book. She tried to concentrate on it, but she just couldn't. In a little while, it would be 7th period, and she would be back in that class. With the Subjects. As well as the other students.

She tried to put it out of her mind and focus. She looked at the cover. "Belgarath the Sorcerer" by David and Leigh Eddings. She loved the two series came before it and had already read this book twice. It was good to take her mind off other things. But today...

She looked up in distraction, watching various other students going from here to there.

All of these people are just...regular. Why can't I just be regular?

She cursed herself and looked back down. The words shifted around the page, not staying still. She sighed and looked up again. There were four girls standing on the other side of her otherwise empty table. Bess's mouth went dry. It was the four Subjects.

"Hi! Can we join you?"

Bess blinked in a combination of confusion and panic. She nodded mutely and closed her book. The four girls sat around the rectangular table. Bess felt Katy Jenkins move very close behind her to sit to her right. Lily Chen sat to her left on the other table edge. Marcia Sanderson and Kaia Dansohko sat across from her. Bess sunk into herself in defense.

After an awkward moment, Marcia spoke.

"So, how do like the class? 7th period, I mean."

Bess cleared her throat and spoke, her first words cracking, making her sound like a boy going through puberty.

"It's...it's good. I'm learning a lot."

Marcia smiled, and it was like a sweet tonic to Bess.

"It's okay, Bess. It's just us girls."

Marcia did not expect the reaction she got from Bess to that statement. Bess suddenly looked stricken, and her head bowed.

"Oh! Bess, I'm sorry! What did I say?" The other three girls looked at each other in confusion.

Bess shook her head without looking up. "Nothing! It's nothing. I...I should go." And she got up to leave.

Katy put her hand on Bess's right hand. There was no real strength, but the softness of it struck Bess and she hesitated, and she looked into Katy's beautiful blue eyes.

"Please don't go. Please stay."

Bess shook a little. Her flight instinct was in full force, but she was locked in place by Katy's gaze. She slowly lowered herself back down, lost in those eyes. Katy smiled and grasped Bess's hand in thanks. Bess looked back at Marcia.

"It's a very good book."

Bess looked at Lily. "Huh?"

Lily pointed to Bess's book. "I liked that one. I also liked The Mallorean series, more than The Belgariad."

Suddenly, Bess's anxiousness dissipated. "I...I agree. The second series was better...not MUCH better, but better!"

Kaia, Marcia, and Katy smiled at each other as Bess and Lily chatted about this fantasy book series that none of the others had ever heard of. Marcia even saw, for the first time, the shadow of a smile pass Bess's face.

Then Rick Statler walked by and said something that caused everything to come crashing down.

On his way out of the cafeteria, he looked over at the group, smiled at Bess and said, "Lucky girl!"

Marcia smiled, and then stopped. Bess pitched forward again. Lily gasped as she saw water droplets fall from Bess's face, staining the cover of her book. "Bess! What's wrong?"

Bess looked up, and it was like a knife in Marcia's heart. Bess's eyes glistened with tears, her face torn with emotion. She turned to Lily, and said in a lower voice, a voice filled with a combination of despair and anger, "Because I'm NOT 'lucky'. And I'm NOT a 'girl'. I'm a FREAK."

That last word packed the emotional impact of a sledgehammer. The four girls reeled from the venom coming out of Bess, and they were still recovering when Marcia spoke again.

"Wha-What are you talking about, Bess?"

"I'm different! I'm wrong! I'm...a...freak." And the tears freely flowed now.

Marcia shook her head repeatedly. "I..I don't understand...How are you... ..."

Bess sighed, a sound of utter defeat. She looked at Katy, then took the hand that was on hers, and lowered it under the table, out of everyone's sight except Katy's. Katy was confused, then suddenly she gasped loudly. Her eyes were saucers as she looked at her hand and what it was suddenly on. It was something that Katy had her hand on before, but never in this...circumstance.

Kaia leaned forward. "What? What's going on?"

Katy stuttered. "She...you...have...what...I don't..." She looked at Bess, at Marcia, at Kaia, and back to Bess, and then back down at Bess's lap.

Something moving in her crotch.

Marcia suddenly remembered. Her mind raced as the memories fit together with every other scrap of information like the pieces of a puzzle. She looked into Bess's eyes and saw the truth of it.

"You...you have a...?"

Bess nodded imperceptibly. She could see realization dawning over Kaia and Lily's faces. Then Bess looked at Katy, expecting something, and getting something else.

Katy was looking down under the table still. She was...smiling. She rubbed her hand back and forth lovingly. And then she looked at Bess, and Bess's heart melted. Katy had that radiant smile she was known for, and it was like staring at the sun. She looked back at the others, and they were all...smiling.

Bess was speechless. She expected disgust. Revulsion. Even anger. She expected Katy to pull her hand away, call her a monster, and leave. They would all leave.

None of that happened. They all stayed. The four girls looked at Bess, but there was nothing but love and support.

And Katy. What Katy was doing to her under the table. No one had ever touched Bess like that before. For that first person to be Katy Jenkins, it made Bess's heart flutter.

Marcia stood and leaned over the table.

"Oh Bess, you're not a freak. You're unique. You're SPECIAL. You...are...a LUCKY GIRL." She put her hand on Bess's face and kissed her softly on the lips.

Bess thought Marcia tasted like strawberries. Fresh picked, wild strawberries. Her eyes closed and she breathed in Marcia's scent.

Under the table, Bess reacted to the kiss. Katy gasped. "Oh Bess..." She looked at Kaia. "Oh, she's...oh!"

Kaia was intensely curious but refrained from going around the table to look. She didn't want to put too much pressure on Bess too quickly.

Marcia broke the kiss and sat back. Bess sat unmoving, then blushed as she saw all of them staring at her. Her heart raced, and her blood was pumping. She looked down, then to Katy. She blushed even deeper as Katy continued to marvel.

Marcia chided her BFF. "Katy! Don't stare!"

Admonished, Katy looked up, taking on the role of the child being caught stealing a cookie. She however did NOT remove her hand. It continued to move, and Bess would every so often moan in spite of herself. She looked over at Katy, and Katy smiled at her...this time a secret smile, like they were both doing something naughty. This caused an immediate effect on poor Bess, and Katy giggled and bounced a bit in excitement. Bess gripped the edge of the table.

Lily spoke up. "Bess, did you do the first assignment?". Katy got the message and slowed her work. Again, she did not actually remove her hand.

Bess nodded, thankful to have something else to concentrate on. "Yes, but it wasn't any good. I told Mr. Bentley to throw it away."

Lily shook her head. "I don't believe you. I bet it was very good. I bet you considered your Subject, one of us, and how much you wanted to make love to her, and how you wanted to do it. You poured your heart and soul into it, didn't you?"