The Succubae Seduction Bk. 02: The Twins Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked at her mom, remembering stories about how she met Lyden Snow. Sheila Lance used to be a hardnosed, and very strict boss. One day her dad snapped and all but raped her. The story wasn't told that way from Lyden's view, but Sheila had told her a few more details than she ever wanted to know. It changed her mom. Sheila Lance found that she preferred to be subservient. She demanded to be Lyden's slave after that, and had served him faithfully ever since. There was love between them that no one who knew them could deny. Shelly wondered on more than one occasion if it would have been the same if Lyden hadn't been a generator. Lyden didn't change who a person was, but he did affect them.

"That's only magic. That doesn't prove a soul," Sonia claimed.

"No humans believed in magic, until after the Chaos War," Lyden replied. "I didn't believe in magic, until Angela found me. It still took me awhile to accept it. It wasn't until after I wrecked my car, and was nursed back to health, and then taken to the Shadow World that I started to accept that magic might be real."

"Magic doesn't equal a soul, though," Sonia continued to argue. "If a fireball were cast at me, it'd still cause my systems damage."

"But what about magic that's more subtle?" Sheila cut in. "I've seen what changes my master's magic can create. It's not flashy like a fireball, but still powerful."

"That's different," Sonia refused to give up. "They're not the same. The fact that magic exists, doesn't prove the existence of a soul."

Lyden held up the statue of Areth. "Yes it does. When a fairy loses its virginity, their entire soul is transferred to whoever takes their maidenhead. This ties them together. A fairy can't be far from their soul, or she will die. The demon Marchosias once tried to force me and Areth to be tied together in this way. He put us both in an imaginary world, and made me fight to free her, or die. We couldn't leave that world until I took Areth's virginity. Except that he didn't know that we had already swapped out portions of our souls via other means. When I took her maidenhead, I was able to give her a portion of her soul back, even as I took everything she had at that moment. It meant that Areth could survive being away from me. It also proved to me that souls exist. The Orange Bubble would be another example, sharing a portion of Angela's soul. Even if it didn't, remember that the Pillars of Light and Dark are the proverbial God and Devil. They collect the souls of those that die and believe in them."

Sonia's eyes looked from Lyden, to the statue, back up, and then opened wide as she turned to Shelly. Without words, Shelly knew what was going through her electronic brain. "You gained a soul, Sonia. Your diagnostics can't check for it, so they come back clean. It would explain why you can't turn off your emotions. You may be mechanical, but you're also alive. Now you're a ghost driving a meat-covered skeleton made of stardust. Um... except for the meat part."

"But... how did I get one?" Sonia shook her head. "Your father exchanges them, but I didn't enter his Mens Mundi, and I didn't have anything to exchange with you."

"That just means I gave you a portion of mine, and it grew to be your own over the last two weeks," Shelly replied, starting to feel sick. "That might also explain why you're focused on me. It was my soul, so you gravitated to me. You don't really love me. Your soul just feels the connection to mine."

"No," Sonia stated almost immediately. "I've run everything you've said against every argument I have. With all the information you've given me, I have to admit the possibility I have a soul now, but your assessment of why I feel for you is invalid. When we copulated in your Mens Mundi, it felt better than anything my circuits have ever felt before. At the time, I associated it to me being linked directly to your brain. I assumed it was some form of feedback. I have run simulations, both physical and in my software. Nothing has felt as good as that time with you."

"Simulations? Do you mean you masturbated?" Sheldon asked with too much honesty. Mandy and Shlee both smacked his chest. "What? It's a valid question. Masturbating never feels as good as the real thing."

"I compensated for that in my calculations," she informed him with a touch of acid.

"May I speak again, Master?" Sheila asked, though she was staring at Mandy.

"Always," Lyden smiled at her.

"There is an easy test to see if she has a soul, besides her emotional state," Sheila informed them. Some of her older self showed as she faced them with confidence.

"There is?" Shelly asked.

"All Sonia has to do is try to lie." Sheila nodded to Mandy, and Shelly understood. By the look on her brother's face, he was lost. "When we first met Sonia, Mandy's effect of forcing those around her to speak the truth didn't influence her. I surmise that it was because Sonia didn't have a soul at that time. If she does now, then she won't be able to tell a lie while Mandy is around."

Before anyone else could speak, Sonia intoned, "I'm a hot sex-bot that is also an undercover agent for the United States government." She paused for a moment before a frown marred her face. "That wasn't what I'd meant to say."

Sheldon chuckled, and Shlee covered her mouth, but everyone else kept a straight face.

Shelly didn't know how to feel. On the one hand, she was no longer alone, as she'd fretted about, but on the other, she didn't know how to feel about the android. She wasn't ready to jump into another relationship. Her brother might be able to do it, but not her.

"What does this mean for you?" Shelly asked.

Sonia remained silent for a long time. Considering how fast her brain functioned, it must have been an eternity to her. After a large pause, she blinked and shook her head. "I need to turn myself in and be dismantled."

"Dismantled? You mean you need to kill yourself?" Sheldon spat. "What the fuck?"

"Eldon!" their dad snapped.

"No, Dad," he replied but refused to look at Lyden. "That's not right, and you know it. She can't throw her life away just because she has a soul now."

"I'm no longer fully mission capable," Sonia informed them. Shelly looked at her, just as aghast as her brother.

"So you have to die?" Shelly asked as her heart beat even faster. How could her heart pound so hard, and yet start to feel so empty?

"Not die," she shook her head with a sad smile. "I'm not alive. I should be decommissioned. Another one of me can be built and put in my place."

"No," Shelly surprised herself as she got up from the bed and confronted the woman. "Nuh-uh. That's not right. You have a soul, so you can die. What makes you think you're no longer able to complete your mission?"

Sonia smiled and a tear leaked from one eye. "It makes me happy that you care, but the point is moot. With a soul, my emotions are no longer under my control. Some of the things I've had to do required that I turn off my emotions. Part of my primary duties required that I seduce men and women to gain intelligence, or access to restricted areas. I can't do that now, because I care for you, and how that may hurt you. I can't emotionlessly kill some dirtbag, because I'll worry that he might have a family. I'm no longer fully capable of performing my missions as I was programmed. My purpose, what I was created to do, is now invalid. I am invalid. My worth is—"

"Is more than just your job," Shelly interrupted. "I don't care if you can't do what you used to. There is still so much you can do. You're still a valuable person, Sonia. As far as I'm concerned, you can now do more. You can make judgement calls you couldn't before. You can care where you couldn't before."

"I can also hurt," Sonia stated, meeting Shelly's eyes.

Shelly had to look away. Her stomach turned, knowing that she was causing that pain in the other woman, but there was little she could do. She still hurt from Jessica's betrayal, and didn't want to commit to something else right away. She knew rebound relationships were a terrible idea. She thought and chose her next words carefully.

"I'm not telling you I don't care for you, Sonia." She looked back up to meet the android's sad, steady gaze. "I'm hurt right now also. I understand the desire to be able to turn off my emotions. There's a part of me that wants to welcome you with open arms, but that wouldn't be fair to you. I welcome your friendship, and I hope you stay with us. I don't want you to turn yourself in. Stay with us. You can be a great asset, but more than that, I need a friend. Right now, that's all I need. I won't promise that it will become more. I can't. But if you're—"

This time Sonia cut Shelly off as she was pulled into a powerful embrace. Shelly hugged her back, unsure if it was a good idea, but the simple feeling of being held warmed her inside, and for just a moment she didn't feel as lonely, or empty.

"I wish you would have said that a few minutes ago," Sonia's voice sounded sad and Shelly felt cold enter the pit of her stomach. "I've already relayed the request in and been accepted. I'll need to be dropped off so I can turn—"

"No!" Shelly shouted and pulled away. "No, I won't allow it. Damn it, Sonia. Didn't you listen to anything I said?"

"You shouldn't swear," Sonia gave her a soft smile that did nothing to warm Shelly. "Your father doesn't like it."

Shelly ground her teeth, but didn't respond to that statement. "Send a message back. Tell them it was a mistake. You're not broken."

Sonia glanced at Mandy, then turned back to Shelly. "But I am broken. I can't lie right now, remember?"

"And I said you weren't," Shelly retorted. "You can't say anything you believe to be a lie. That's not the same thing as stating absolute truth."

"Can you retract that order?" Lyden interjected.

"It is already above my level," Sonia stated. "The directive has been sent to me to return. It is hard coded into my programming. I can't disobey it."

"You have to," Shelly demanded.

"Thank you, Shelly. It means a lot that you care." Sonia stepped back up to her, arms outstretched, but Shelly couldn't handle it.

She turned away and walked to the side of the car, away from her. No one looked at her, but she was okay with that. Once again she was alone. It felt like years ago, though it had only been a couple months, but she remembered being okay with being alone. She fought next to her brother and saved lives. Things were so much simpler then, before Jessica stepped into their lives and ruined everything. Before Sonia grew attached to her, and now she was losing that fledgling friendship. Despite herself, Shelly felt it was more than a friendship, though not what she'd felt for Jessica.

She was alone, and it hurt.

Her father and mother returned to the front of the car, Sheldon was on his phone, while his girlfriends watched him anxiously. She could feel Sonia's eyes on her back, but she couldn't face the android. Why couldn't Sonia understand that she was important? Not just as a person, but as a member of this team. She had skills and access to information that none of the rest of them possessed.

"I understand," Sheldon said with a calm voice.

She felt her anger rise at the sound of his voice. How could he stay so calm in this situation? Why was he on the phone? Why couldn't just one thing go in her favor? Just once!

"Is that yet another girlfriend you're on the phone with?" Shelly demanded of her brother. She couldn't handle it anymore. She felt ready to burst with the injustice of it all. "Sonia is standing there, talking about committing suicide—suicide—and you're on the phone. I heard that female voice on the other end. What? Having two women here to love and care for you isn't enough? You've got to call another one? You even had that hot redhead calling for you from that crowd. I always knew you were a bit cocky, but I never thought you were this self-centered!"

She saw her words strike deep as a pained expression crossed his face. Serves him right! she thought vindictively.

"Shelly—" Mandy laid one of her four hands on his shoulder, and held two others out to her, pleading.

"What, Four-Arms?" Shelly demanded of her. "You got something you want to say? You know your love for him isn't real, right? It was forced upon you by Gloria. Same thing with Shlee! Neither of you really love him. You just think you do. You'd both be better off leaving our family alone. We're nothing but trouble. Lisa died before we were born, now Becky and Areth are gone as well. Sonia's off to commit suicide because her programming won't allow her to live for herself." Tears streamed from her eyes as she vented, but she didn't care. The pressure built inside her, demanding to be let out, and this was the only way she could relieve the stress. "At least Gloria wised up and left him, before something bad could happen to her. Obviously Jessica saw it, too, or she—" She choked up a bit, mentioning that name out loud.

"Shelly Lisa Lance!" Sheila's voice snapped in the air like a whip, using her full name. The tone and rebuke in it were so sharp, she almost wondered for a moment if she might be bleeding. It didn't fill that empty spot in her, or assuage her pain and grief however. Instead, it offered her another target.

"Don't start with me, Mom," she sneered. "Just drop back to your knees like a decent slave to your master. Or maybe you should run too, before it's too late. Dad has enough wives to take care of him. Those that aren't dropping like flies. Run, Mom, before it becomes too late for you too."

Shelly had never seen her mom move so fast before. In the time it took her to blink, Shelly felt pain blossom across the side of her face and found she was laying on the floor, head ringing from the unseen, but powerful slap.

Sonia dropped next to her, to comfort her, and she was in too much shock to even think of pushing her away. Sheila Lance had never struck her children like that. She looked up and saw her father with one hand on Sheila's shoulder, but his eyes were on her. Those eyes were angry in a way that made her want to crawl into the deepest darkest hole and never come out.

"We understand you're hurting," Lyden stated in an even voice that was all the scarier for the rage burning behind his eyes. "I also accept that for the moment, you believe what you're saying. But you might want to get your facts straight. I can't speak for Shlee or Mandy, but I can speak for Lisa, Areth, and Becky. Lisa's and Becky's deaths were tragic and unnecessary. Lisa made perfectly clear before her death that she didn't regret a moment between us. I've talked with all of my wives numerous times over the years, and they all know what being with me entails. It's not the safest life, but we love each other. And if you think for a moment, that I could do without one of my loves, just because I have others, then you have no idea who I am. I am nothing without them. Every single one is a part of me. Not because I'm a generator, but because they have become a part of my heart. Even Areth, before... before she sacrificed herself for your brother. I know I'm not the least bit worthy of any one of them, but I can't give up a single one. I love them all. I love them still, even those we've lost. I will not have you speak ill of any of them."

Tears sprouted from her father's eyes, filling Shelly with shame from her outburst. She opened her mouth to apologize, but no words formed. What could she say? She'd meant what she'd said, even if she felt sorry for it now.

It was Shlee that filled the silence. "After the, um, orgy in here when Gloria left us, Mandy and I had a long talk. The wolf in me had to know where each of us stood in the relationship. Mandy made it clear that she'd never stopped loving your brother." She saw Mandy nod in agreement. "And yes, I didn't fall in love with your brother naturally. I liked him, and maybe could have fallen for him on my own, but that doesn't change how I feel now. Whether it was natural, or a magic spell, I still love him. Given the choice, I wouldn't have it removed. I love him, and I'm happy to love him."

"What about—?" she started to ask, but hesitated.

"Dimitri, my fiancée?" She asked with a wry twist of her lips. "We're going to work that out after we talk to the Pillar of Fire. I love him as well. Eldon understands and accepts that. Dimitri is a bit of the jealous type, but I hope we can get him to understand."

The whole time everyone else spoke, Sheldon remained on the phone. He hung up now, and looked at Sonia. "You should get an update soon."

Sonia's gasp a split moment later proved his words.

"What have you done?" Shelly demanded as Sonia's body stiffened. Shelly was still in her lap after her mother's strike, but the woman had become hard as stone. She wriggled free of the rigid arms, but Sonia started to tip over. The android didn't move to brace herself, so Shelly tried to hold her upright. While Shelly was no wimp, she wasn't strong enough to support the robot by herself and carefully laid her back on the floor. The Android's joints were locked and rigid, looking awkward as she lay on her side, body in a seated position. "What did you do?"

"I called Martha," he said in a soft voice.

"Why? So she could be killed remotely?" she cried.

"Shelly, I swear to the Pillars...." He stopped and shook his head before pinching the bridge of his nose. "I know you're hurting, but like Dad said, you need to start getting your facts straight, and stop jumping to conclusions. Sonia may have given me the cold shoulder, but she fought next to us when we went to save you. She is important to me also. Do you really think I would want her harmed?"

She opened her mouth to snap back at him, but didn't have an answer. He was a bit cocky, sure, but he was never cruel. She was saved from any further arguments as Sonia relaxed and straightened out, then sat upright. Her eyes remained closed as everyone stared at her.

"S-Sonia?" Shelly stuttered and slowly reached a hand out to her.

The android's head turned at the sound of Shelly's voice. She pulled her hand back, unsure of what was happening.

"Update complete.... Curious. My infrared and standard spectrum vision seem to be disabled, but my x-ray vision is working fine." Sonia turned her head as though looking around the car, but her eyes were still closed.

"Um... your eyes are closed," Shelly offered, trying to be helpful.

"Oh!" Sonia jerked as she opened her eyes and looked around. "Curious. My core programming has changed. I still have access to the Department of Defense records, but it's restricted now." Her brows knit together in thought. A second later she smiled at Sheldon. "You did this for me?"

"I hope you don't mind," he said.

"What?" Shelly wanted to know. "What's going on?"

Shlee stepped forward and helped Sonia to her feet. Shelly stood as well. "Sonia stated that her orders to return and be dismantled were above her level, so your brother went to the top. He explained everything to the President, and Martha agreed. Sonia won't be terminated." Shlee sounded ecstatic with the news. Considering the geek that she was, she probably couldn't bear to have something as technologically advanced as Sonia go to waste.

"You... You got me fired...." The smile was still on Sonia's lips, but her eyes took on a different light.

"Yeah, I... wait... What?" Sheldon spluttered for a second. "That wasn't the plan. She was just supposed to remove the order to have you return for decommission. She wasn't supposed to fire you."

"I no longer officially work for the US government," Sonia stated in a tone that was impossible to read any emotion from. She turned to face Lyden and gave him a crisp salute. "I work for you, now, Ambassador Snow. My prime directive is to keep you and your family alive at all costs. I am to follow your orders explicitly, unless they conflict with the United States, their allies, or are illegal. Outside of that order, I am free to do as I please, as long as it doesn't cause harm to any innocent civilians. I still have some access to DOD files and data, but the highly classified or sensitive information has been blocked to me."