The Summer of Francesca Ch. 28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It would be useless to resist; Mr. Schuyler's servants would make short work of dragging her out to the lawn. And Francesca alone could overpower her. No, she would go quietly. By tomorrow night, ... It was too much for her. She trembled in every limb.

The next morning well after dawn, for the first time in many weeks, Frieda appeared in Anne's cell. Anne wondered dully if Francesca had already left. But no; after giving Anne water and a handful of feed - for which she was grateful - and attending to her toilet, Frieda walked her out to the lawn beside the frame. Mr. Schuyler in a suit and Francesca in traveling dress awaited her.

She focused on being a credit to her trainer. Must not break down and make an embarrassing scene.

She knelt before them. He held a set of prepared notes, which he had never done before, and Anne made ready to accept the inevitable with as much grace as she could muster. She reminded herself that all good things must come to an end and for a season she had known a happiness she had not imagined possible. As Frieda handed the end of her leash to her owner, she waited soft and silent with bowed head for his final words.

She glanced up to see Francesca smiling at him and looking pleased. How could she? This cut her to the heart but she maintained her composure; just another minute now.

He began by thanking Frieda, Paul and those who had assisted him; Anne was glad to see Eugene and the others receive credit for their part in her metamorphosis. Then he praised Francesca. He spoke of her intelligence and warmth and good nature, of her dedication to long hours of hard work and study in his employ, and of his wish to further her career.

Therefore, after extensive discussions, ahem; he now in the presence of this company and before all other persons gave Anne to Francesca without conditions; and if he later sought Anne's services for himself or others, under terms and for compensation to be determined, Francesca would consider his requests.

In her exhausted state Anne barely comprehended one in ten of his many words, even when Mr. Schuyler bowed to Francesca and handed her the end of the leash. But as Anne followed her toward the waiting vehicle that would take them to their new life together, understanding flowed and Anne smiled with a glow that outshone the morning sun.

- THE END -

12