All Comments on 'The Sundress'

by AveryDrake

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

The comfort of true love!

5

SerradaCSerradaCover 1 year ago

You made me cry, it was sad but beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Borderline incestous !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is this implied incest? If so, gross. If not, why all the stuff about the daughter being her mom’s “twin.” Sick

luverlybubblyluverlybubblyover 1 year ago

what a beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This might be in the wrong category if what I suspect is true, is. This would then go into Taboo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Why Would You Include The Interlude With His Daughter, . . .

if we aren't to assume he was fucking his daughter? He obviously wasn't fucking his dead wife, and the scene with the daughter wearing the wife's sundress and perfume, then repeated when his "wife" visits and fucks him later that night, makes this lame, and perverse. I think you have this story in the wrong category. There are those readers, and writers, who really enjoy Incest, I suppose. Maybe you should refile there. Thanks for the effort.

pepepilotpepepilotover 1 year ago

A very well-done story with a great ending. Was it her? Was it their daughter? Was it just his imagination? I loved it.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ok, I did say I like Hallmark movies. Ghost Whisperer was a good TV show. This was just a Hallmark merge with Ghost Whisperer story. I loved it.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story. Wrong category. Should be in Romance.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Whew! I thought you were heading to incest. Glad it was a dream.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just perfect.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

Well done for a first submission.

This seems to fit Romance more so than LW.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

well done. Love to see this evolve in another chapter with his expanding his relationship with his daughter.

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

OMFG.....

MY THEORY

Daughter was going through her mothers things. She comes across her mothers diary. Reads it and finds out she doesn't belong to her father. It was stated that the dad was NEVER her mothers type. Take this seriously, he never was because Keri willingly remained APs side piece this entire time.

The funny thing is that the husband as IN LOVE with Keri but only loved him as a friend. Keri was IN LOVE with her AP but her AP only wanted to have sex with her...or COULDN'T be with Keri for some reason....heheheheheh wait for it...

Keri intentionally got herself pregnant with her APs baby since graduation was fast approaching. Keri was smart and could have got a scholarship easily but she didn't want to leave the town. This is because this is where her AP was. And so she got pregnant and passed it off as Jayces. Keri was more than happy to be a stay at home mother rather than make something of herself like other 18 year olds. She willingly stayed CLOSE TO HOME/FAMILY which is incredibly out of character for someone this age and never minded she didn't go to college when she totally could.

AND THE BIG TWIST? KERI WAS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH HER OWN FATHER THIS ENTIRE TIME!!!!!

This would give some hand-wavy excuse as to why Keri and Hannah are absolutely identical in almost every way possible it seems. Because it's the same gene pool. And luckily Hannah didn't get some incest related issue.

WAYYYYYY back in the beginning when they were chilling at the park they made that pact to get married if neither were married at 30. It was Keri that made this suggestion. Why? Well Keri just broke up with her LATEST boyfriend. She's had if this was the "latest". Well Keri has been porking her dad and is in love with him. And this is causing her to not really connect with the boys her age she's dating. She notices this pattern that no man will measure up to her father and because she thinks perv daddy is so great she probably will never find a guy. So she makes this deal. But when our guy kisses her she has an epiphany! Our hero is an absolute Simp for her and she can use him! And while she isn't in love with him he is her good friend!

HER PLAN. Date our hero. Just before graduation she gets herself pregnant to make sure she is able to stay home and close to her father. She insists that she she be a stay at home mom. Early in the relationship after Hannah was born Keri and her father was able to be with each other as long as husband was at work. As Hannah grew up they could always pawn her off on grandma when Keri has "errands to run". Grandpa is "always off doing god knows what" but the Grandma doesn't care since she's able to spend time with her grand daughter more. If it really was Keri's plan to get pregnant by her father out of love then Keri is just too damn evil. I'm hoping there's something else going on like maybe the pregnancy was accidental because things would have worked just the same had she gotten pregnant with Jayce's kid.

In the end their lives turns out pretty great. Her little buddy Jayce was a happy little camper as long as he had his little reward every Friday. She probably mentions this in her Diary which is how Hannah knew. The rest of the week her and dad took care of business. Maybe somewhere there was an abortion since Jayce might have insisted on condoms since they are 1 salary from a dude that didn't go to college and trying to support a small family. This would prevented Jayce from ever having a child with the woman he was nuts about.

On that fateful night after raw dogging her dad for the zillionth time she lost track of time and had to rush home to help her clone pack for her plane. And Karma finally caught up with her.

IN THE PRESENT Hannah had finished reading her mothers diary and was crying her eyes out. She loves her father like crazy. It was so much more than the paternity. It was just all so evil. He threw away his potential for her. He loved Keri so much and she just used him. Hannah is furious. But she has a plan. Keri loved grandpa so much. Grandpa is a freaking bastard also. She's going to confront that bastard and she will dress like her mother to make the point of how screwed up she is because of them. She goes to the bathroom because it has a mirror and realizes that goddamn she is practically a clone of her mother. She cleans up some from crying and heads out when her dad sees her. He asks about the dress and she was going to say something like "Yeah I was going to go out and blah blah blah" some kind of excuse since she doesn't want to break the new yet....but she hesitates and comes up with how she's going to save it the dress instead. She sees her father and realizes how she can help him. She's going to give him the baby that her mother couldn't. Because her and her mother are identical she makes a point of calling him Daddy as much as she can to highlight her personality. She hams up her daddy's little girl routine. Very innocent and immature. And she makes her only mistake, she says she likes his scruff. Keri never did. (how much you wanna bet her dad was smooth shaven) She throws in one last "daddy" when she makes a point to tell him she's going to bed. But he see's she actually still awake from the light since she isn't actually planning on going to bed.

Jayce goes to bed and after enough time had pass Hannah makes her move to rock Daddys world. She slips into bed and now talks like how her mother would talk. She drops in things wherever she can that she had obtained from reading her mothers Diary such as the Friday thing. She says she likes his scruff it turns out her mom never liked his scruff. Realizing she never mentioned this she improvises and was able to save things and go on to screw her dad.

Before Jayce fell asleep he says "Don't leave me." Hannah smiled at him and said "I'm always with you."

Jayce passes out and Hannah slips out.

There NEEDS to be a sequel because she needs to slip out of the house to confront her real dad/grandpa. I'm betting she had one plan but will end up with him having a heart attack from seeing his dead lover.

Hannah is now pregnant with Jayce's kid. She will have to find an excuse for the baby like it being a one night stand or something. It looks like Hannah will need to drop out to have that baby and follow in her mothers footsteps. But Jayce will offer to raise the kid and maybe have help from grandma. Or maybe some other woman will be around to help redeem him. And Hannah can go to school and distance herself from her mother as much as she can. Probably change her hair color and all kinds of crap. Hannah will have to keep all of this to herself because of how devastating it will be to her dad who didn't deserve to be treated like that.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineover 1 year ago

Kari’s last words should have been “Just sleep, Daddy”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I do not agree with or enjoy incest stories. There is a category for that type of story and anything close to that particular fetish should be there. The veiled reference to that fetish ruined the story.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Excellent! Great first 'published' story, though OP hardly seems to be an amateur writer. 5+/5!

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Good story that leaves the reader with questions.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

Wow. You must broke me emotionally. My wife is terminally ill and this hit too many buttons. 5 stars and a fave.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

Not sure where this story fits best, but it is NOT LW! Fantasy, perhaps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can’t vote on questionable implication.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'll never understand how some people can take the sweetest of love stories and twist them to seem something else. Whether this was a ghost story or a dreamscape there was no indication that the father coveted the daughter nor vice versa--it was all about the sense of wondrous love that had existed between the husband and wife--a connection that spanned both time and what some insist doesn't exist--the connection between heaven and earth. And even had this moment been the gift of a daughter to a beloved father SHE never said so, nor tried to usurp her mother's place in her father's heart.

This was an outstanding love story. Thank you for the uplifting poignancy of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And just like that, he discovered he had just fucked his daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice switcheroo. In the wrong category, so you get 1star. Could have been 5 if I was into incest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@wavedave45: Write your own story! Don't fuck up somebody else's!

AveryDrakeAveryDrakeover 1 year agoAuthor

Hey everybody, AD here. I am so so very thankful for your feedback both positive and constructive. I wanted to take the tine to address some of the issues I keep see pop up.

1. Category - I honestly wasn’t sure where to categorize this, LW or Romance. But considering it was about the wife making a visit I thought it would fit best there.

2. The implied taboo - Father x daughter was never my intention with this. His daughter being his wife’s twin and wearing her stuff was meant to act as a catalyst for the visit. I’m sorry I didn’t convey that well through the story and will definitely work on that moving forward.

3. Ghost or Dream? Honestly, I love leaving that up to you guys to decide.

Again, thanks for all of your feedback and please know that I do read it all. Hopefully you enjoy whatever I drop next!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

There’s enough describing Hanna as Keri’s clone, that I kept wondering if he’d wake up with his daughter, and how each would react.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19814 months ago

The way everything was implied couldn't help but wonder if it was his daughter in his bed but after reading the comment from the writer it's a hard sell for it to have actually been his daughter though that would be funny other than that ill say dream cause unless she is a high up ghost she wouldn't have been able to physically touch him and he would have not been able to physically touch her though some spirits has that ability

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous