All Comments on 'The Sweetest Days'

by podga

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very, very sweet indeed.

The initial description gave me hesitation, as I was afraid Nate might be in for heartbreak - I'm a sucker for happy endings - but I was pleasantly surprised.

Thank you for yet another lovely story.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your next.

Cheers from Tokyo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Sigh....what a way to begin my week

I was torn in the beginning between new possibilities and past dreams. Sometimes it is better to let go of those past dreams unless they finally grow up and want to become your reality. Loved this story and Connor was the right reality :o)! Awesome job....as usual. I'm always on the look out for your contributions. Thank you for sharing your gift.

woman3450woman3450over 13 years ago
The Sweetest Days

I don't often comment but this story was moving and felt so real. You have a terrific style of writing that just carries me along. I am looking forward to reading more of your work. Thank you!

WickedWendyDruWickedWendyDruover 13 years ago
Beautiful

Excellently crafted, wonderfully written. A fine story and terrific characters. Thank you for sharing such a lovely gift with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it!

I love your writing, it's so beautiful.

I would love a story about Paul falling in love...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I loved it

This was the sweetest story I have ever read here. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

It really was a great story. I kinda felt badly for Paul b/c he was left as an unfinished character. But in the end, like Connor and Nate, he was holding himself back with fears. I guess his role was kicking Connor into gear and getting him to put down or shut up. But at the same time, I felt badly that he seemed to be reaching to someone and ended up cut off. I guess that he never would have let it be more anyhow so...

I really loved the dance between Connor and Nate. I loved how vulnerable Connor became in the end. I guess Evan was right...they were the same in waiting decades for their loves to wake up.

I think you're a great writer. There were some basic mistakes that someone proofing it could have caught. I'd find someone to go over it for you before you submit. It's hard to correct your own work. You can tend to miss stuff. I felt it was obe of the better stories I've read lately. Keep writing.

zolia_lilyzolia_lilyover 13 years ago
Sweet!

I loved this story- it had everything and I am half in love with Connor myself...

You're an amazing writer and i'm incredibly grateful to you for sharing your gift. Your stories are always so real and so heartfelt and always make my day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Can't wait

for the next story. Wonderful, as are all your stories. I dont know what previous comments were about editing. Without fail your stories are the best edited in this category at least. Keep it up.

Bill_MonosandBill_Monosandover 13 years ago
I agree with Lily!

This story is so beautiful and heartfelt - and it so realistic.

You have a talent, and I'm glad I found your postings; reading your work gives me hope that one day I could do as a good job.

xxBilly

hopkinscmhopkinscmover 13 years ago
Wiping the tears...

Hold a minute, got to dry the tears from my eyes. This was such a beautiful and well written story. I am so glad to have read it and I'm adding you as a favorite author now. Keep up the good work!

khrdkhrdover 13 years ago
I agree with Lily and Billy!

I've read your stories from day one and you get better with each story posted here! You have a marvelous style of writing that keeps the reader on the edge of their seats!

Please ignore the proof-reader slam by Anonymous! Most people that hide behind it are just jealous! I'm an editor on this site for 2 authors and nothing raises my hackles more than someone bashing Anonymously, especially when their post isn't error free.

Please keep up the good work that you are doing here. You have been on my favorites list since day one and I don't see you coming off of it. I look forward to reading more from you soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yay!

I'm glad he ended up with Connor. The end definitely merits an "Awwww." Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
It has been two months

Since this story...I hope you're submitting another soon? I love your stories (especially Matt and Benny!). Please hurry!

geemeedeegeemeedeeabout 13 years ago
Where's the next one?

I love your stories so much -- esp. the way you remind us that love and sex aren't bodice-ripper-book perfect. :o) More, please. I miss you! Start a new series. I just keep re-reading the old ones.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thanks...

I love your stories and your writing style...please keep writing.

cpm09cpm09about 13 years ago
Bloody Hell!

What an amazing story! I actually got emotional whilst reading it. Thank you so much. Beautiful and the ending couldn't have been better.

booklove101booklove101about 13 years ago
well done

i liked the story very much. not just sappy and porn and young studs happy ever after. it felt like real people with real life. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Plz write more

I totally agree with geemeedee...fyi love ur biography page....(one happy podga...lol...cute)...plz write more..

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Loved how he ended up with Connor and not Paul.

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

Very sweet and more anxious than most of your other stories, you really kept us worrying till the very end. But still with those quietly humorous moments that are so much a part of your style.

I felt sorry for Paul, when I first read this story - but now that you have started a new series with him, it's easier to be pleased about the happy ending here.

91ndsykes91ndsykesalmost 12 years ago

I'm glad you gave Paul his own story. He seems so sad caught between Nate and Connor.

jonathanlovescockjonathanlovescockalmost 12 years ago

dull and drawn out i thought sorry.?

ladymaryladymaryover 11 years ago
wonderful

I enjoy your style of writing greatly. There are a couple of really talented writers on this site but you are truly unique. You are somehow very gentle yet deep in your portrayal of relationships and there is also attention to details that makes your characters and their interaction very real and touching. Plus your stories are super HOT

LadyRazaLadyRazaabout 10 years ago

I'm such a sucker for best friend stories :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I hate connor. Hes not likeable

JRSONJRSONover 2 years ago

Connor is/was selfish and a coward, his own words! This was not one of my favorite stories from podga, (I have now read everything this author has posted on this site) but after dragging along for way to long, I enjoyed the unexpected ending!

Unrequited love between best friends that dare to dream about having something more together, usually has the fear of fucking it all up and loosing the valued friendship!

I love that it took seeing Nate acting in a domestic way with Paul to shake Connor up enough try and go after what he didn't seem to even realize he wanted!

I felt so bad for the younger conflicted Paul, at least until he was so awful to Nate, just because the honesty touched a few nerves! Nate did him a huge favor... I wonder if he ever realized that truth?

After reading Paul's story with Andy in Athens, I cannot help but wonder just how much what happened with Nate likely helped Paul to want the same things Nate expressed, even enough to leave everything, family, his comfortable financial life! I'm happy Paul's actions were the catalyst to bring these two together in the end! So even though they were not able to have anything meaningful together, it seems meeting changed the course for them both to end up with what they wanted down the road!

I wish there were a whole lot more stories from podga! I loved the honest realism in the writing and honestly some of the very best I have read! 10 years later... thank you for sharing such touching meaningful stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To both JRSON and the most recent anon,

Connor seems to have a very clashing mindset where he just doesn't believe that a long-term relationship will ever work, therefore he would always have this impression that he will only do flings.

Based on the story alone, he only realizes that Nate is still into him for all this time very recently, for about a year. Confronting this kind of feeling must be very new for him, and also considering his age, it's way riskier to develop this relationship even more. Imagine a 20+ year of friendship going down the drain just because the dating phase doesn't pan out.

As for how it feels dragged out, it matches the theme, though? Nate's family got this record of being into one individual for a looooong time before it's reciprocated, and sadly, Nate is going the same path too.

At the very end, the two of you need to read the story thoroughly. I don't think it's an "unexpected" ending from the moment Connor calls Nate during his birthday, it's just too bad that Paul has to be a bit involved to cause that spark even more.

Also, at least Jrson elaborated a bit about their opinion. Anon, on the other hand, just sucks and didn't bother explaining and just typing one sentence and thinking it explains all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous