All Comments on 'The Tattooed Woman Pt. 15'

by Gortmundy

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi, there! What a great start to a new week: A new chapter of my favorite fantasy story these days. :-D

And I didn't get disappointed. On the contrary.

I very much like the jump in environment and time. It's not a big jump, but it saves some less important lines how Ashunara's team crossed thru the mist and arrived at that dark elven city etc. It looks as if that city isn't too far away from the border to the human world. At least it's far removed from the onslaught by that evil entity. An entity that is an old rival of the Queen of the Night to boot.

The crone surely doesn't disappoint. Interesting that you don't describe the slaughter at the shrine. It surely must have been quite a sight to leave a dragon pissing her pants. Enough info to have the imagination spinning, which is good since who are we to know about the true powers of a god?

Elsewhere I've got to applaud your knack for timing and atmosphere of a certain scene. The introduction to the slave quarters where Hildegard and Muriah is down-to-earth and businesslike. The entry to the tavern of Nyx' daughter starts with a grin and a very figurative description of the tavern's state, only to transform into a whirlwind of action (god, I love bad-ass Nyx !). I also appreciate that you don't extend every scene more than necessary. For instance, when Nyx returns to the half-elf, her playful "Well, hello there." is quite enough.

And Ashunara? Well, her two scenes have everything why I love her character that much: Caretaking (when she introduces Hildegard to the bordello), seduction (the ending of the scene with Hildegard in the bath), manipulation (when she offers Muriah the two choices), and cold-bloodedness ("That's alright Muriah, neither do I.")

We also learn about the next task for Ash's company. It's gunna be damned tough and likely very bloody. I'm curious if they will reach the city under siege at all, or if they'll learn the hard way that the invader has already sacked the city. Also, what part will fall to Gorsini and his two companions? And who will eventually face the main antagonist? Adair or the old woman with the shillelagh? Questions over questions. It's gunna be a tough wait.

- AshFan01

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really enjoying reading this story; the fact it features no actual sex is testament to how good it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really enjoying reading this story; the fact it features no actual sex is testament to how good it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really nice. I am thrilled to see the tale continuing into a second volume. So far one of my favourite stories here, somewhere around top three, I'd say. After the last chapter I already feared for an approaching end, but now I am delighted to see it (seemingly) pushed to farther future.

I must admit that I am not an overly much experienced reader of the fantastic genre, but I'll drop you a few lines of literature critique anyways.

In contrast to many other stories published on this site, this tale captures readers mainly by its plot not by excessive description of saucy scenes. As a matter of fact, those events are scattered through the advance of the story just like nutmeg is added to mashed potatoes: just enough to add a little bit of extra flavour without deflecting the focus from the main thing. At least so far, the main thing seems to be, quite typical for the genre, the epic battle of good and evil.

The cast of figures created is rich in nuances. It is especially entertaining to discover more and more of the connections in the figures' past lives and see them weaving on this net in the present. The large amount of different figures cleverly compensates for the relative flatness of the single characters, which often follow some stereotypes. If I'd wanted to read some serious literature, instead of only for fun, this would probably bother me, but on the other hand, I wouldn't search on this site then. However, just as with the erotic scenes, to almost all stereotypes small alterations are made. The resulting characters are still somewhat shallow, but in the context of the web of figures they work perfectly. Something would really go askew, if Ashunara wouldn't be that resolute or Cassie that timit (not to speak of Nyx).

Together with new details about the world and general setting new figures are introduced. This is done expertly, such that new figures take up roles in the constellation of the cast freed up from others. The most prominent example are probably the Dark Elves, who start as the bad guys, but very soon carry the sympathy. This example might actually be the point I have the most trouble with: Dark Elves are always described as rather emotionally cold and calculating and, sure enough, they often act it. But on the other hand those parts of the tale written down, cast a very friendly and warm light on them, emphasizing the un-elvish behaviour. Maybe it is just the alien, elven psychology at work, but for me the sharp contrasts do not really make sense. Anyways, just around the time the Dark Elves turn good in the perception, the real antagonists (as of now) are introduced, with a likewise unraveling net of relationships.

Keeping a lot of the underlying story arc cast in shadows and only slowly revealing it bit by bit works really good. Also the climax in the persona of the tattooed woman is really subtle. A nice game, to place the anchor of the whole development in a side figure.

Of course the end of this development seems to be predictable, considering the cast and the genre, but the enriching experience of reading this text is not necessarily to see the basic concept developing, but to discover the world, its lore and the extra loops and sidetracks to the story, all of which are finely crafted by the author.

Good work, keep it up, I enjoy it!

(I think you might also find some more readers on reddit or other platforms. Given the relative sparsity and mostly soft-core nature of eroticism, at least I wouldn't see any reasons against it, when flagged with NSFW.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I much enjoy this well-written story. Thanks for sharing!

JoelstopJoelstopover 1 year ago

Wonderful story, your imagination and storytelling are exceptional. I look forward to each new chapter with eager anticipation, and you have yet to disappoint!

WolfenherzWolfenherzover 1 year ago

Love it, looking forward to each new chapter.

Pincher73Pincher73over 1 year ago

Finally caught up. Witty, entertaining, and the characters have grown on me. Looking forward to the next instalment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

letgoletgoletgo!!! lmfao!

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 1 year ago

I want to also compliment your thorough control of this otherlanguage(s) spoken all about . Little reverse comments and nuances . I can imagine dialects and individuality in every character .

Well done Sir .

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca7 months ago

Thoroughly addictive, I see withdrawals in my future.

Richard1940Richard19405 months ago

Still maintaining the same high standard. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you for the story. Can’t stop reading.

janus48janus483 months ago

Very great full for your writing, please keep it up!,

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGortmundy@Gortmundy
The Tattooed Woman - 16 March: Chapter 1 of Tattooed Woman edited (again), rewritten and now on site. Changes in this version are based on constructive criticism I received. So, lets see what you think. Part 42 being written, in the offing and coming soon. Dramatis Perso...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES