The Tattooed Woman Pt. 25

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Abria smiled and gave a curtsy, "Well give or take thirty-odd years I suppose that's true enough Miss."

"I'm never going to get used to that, you look like you're ten years younger than me, and as for you lot," she gestured at Aventine, "Ashunara says you're her older sister by quite a way, yet you're near enough twins."

Aventine raised her glass and smiled in salute of the compliment before rising gracefully from her chair. She ambled across the chamber to examine the sleeve of the gown and whispering softly she blew upon it, erasing the slight crease that was all that remained of the repair. Nodding her head in satisfaction she turned to Hildegard, "Well, what's four hundred years after all, give or take a decade? You know I really think the purple would suit you. After all, Ash already had you in green."

The Dark Elf wagged her eyebrows suggestively at the comment and the servants giggled at the woman's blushes.

Abria held up the purple dress against Hildegard for the Matriarch to see and as she did, she mused, "I don't quite look half your age now though Miss, mayhap a few years younger still, but it won't be so long before you look like a blushing maiden again."

"What?"

"T'is the Fae Miss, it has that effect upon us all. It's not just that we live longer, but we're sort of invigorated as well, I suppose you could say. We don't get younger as such, but a lot of the, um, wear and tear I guess, that life inflicts is sort of washed away in time."

Hildegard shook her head, "No wonder you fortify your borders and discourage visitors. If this was well known there would be a parade of people at your gates, all desperately seeking eternal life."

"Sadly true, but as to your complaint, there is no impediment barring a Human from learning simple magicks."

"So... I could learn to do that?"

Aventine smiled, "Cantrips for a certainty, but more complex spells require an ability to weave magick that very few, be they Human or Dark Elf, possess. Is the idea of learning such a thing one that would delight you? It can certainly be arranged if so."

"Really?"

"Surely, it would not require a Battle-Mage to teach you such simple enchantments, I could probably accomplish such tutoring myself if need be, though a more proficient mentor could easily be found if you desired."

Hildegard shook her head in amazement, "That's..." she looked at the Dark Elf and her eyes sparkled with such child-like wonder that Aventine chuckled, "really? I could learn this?"

"Easily enough I should think."

The woman sighed, "I bet it must cost a fortune to learn though."

The Matriarch tilted her head and smiled, "Tell me Hildegard, have you given any further consideration on the subject we previously discussed?"

Hildegard sighed, suddenly morose, "You mean what I should do with myself once Lady Ashunara has gone off to war? I've been dreading the very thought. And, in truth, I do not really know where I stand."

"How so?"

"Well, I don't know if her affections are real, or if I'm just some passing fancy. I mean, when all is said and done, I'm really nothing that special," she blushed, "I mean no disrespect, she's been good to me, and she saved me from a truly ghastly fate, but... well, she's a rich and powerful lady, a Dark Elf, and a swordswoman, and me? I'm... nobody really."

"I think you may be doing yourself a disservice my dear, and as for my sister's affections? Well, she does so like to flirt t'is true, but I've not yet heard that she has ever betrayed a lover. Well, apart from the one she killed on the duelling sands, but that's another story."

Hildegard looked horrified, "Duelling sands?"

"Indeed. I have a proposal however if you would care to hear it."

"Proposal?"

Steering the woman towards a chair Aventine placed a goblet of wine into her hands and spoke, "I wondered if you would consider allowing me to purchase you from Ashunara so that you might serve as my handmaiden?"

Hildegard frowned, "Purchase me? So, you would own me and not Ashunara?"

The Dark Elf laughed gently at the woman's reaction, "Well, for as long as it took us to sign the indenture papers that would be true enough, I suppose."

"Indenture papers? I'm confused."

"T'is simple enough, if you accept, I will have indenture papers drawn up. Upon agreement of duties, conditions and terms, we would sign them together, and you would become my handmaiden. The payment of your purchase would go towards Ashunara and she would no doubt distribute shares of the sum among her Company. Doubtless, your wages would be garnished to a certain degree until my House had recouped the loss of coin, for my accountants and bankers are a fastidious bunch of money-grubbers, but you would still have a handsome enough salary I should think."

"I would no longer be enslaved then?"

"No, you would be indentured to my House for the duration of the contract, and of course, you would have your duties to fulfil, but otherwise you would be free to do as you will."

Hildegard glanced at the servant standing to one side and saw as the grinning wench winked merrily, "Er, what does a handmaiden do though? Do I dress you in the mornings or somesuch?"

Aventine shook her head with a smile, "Not precisely, I usually dress myself, though I have maids to assist if I must don some ridiculous formal wear with more corsets, straps and stays than a set of plate armour. No, a handmaiden serves as a lady's companion, escort and confidante. She protects a lady's reputation by being present when she might have occasion to entertain some handsome bravo for instance, but basically, she keeps her company," she grinned mischievously, "though she might help her Lady choose her dress in the morning depending on whatever fashion disaster said Lady had decided to inflict upon herself I suppose."

Abria giggled, "Mistress Aventine is not a morning person, Miss."

"Why me?"

"Well, truthfully you were not my first choice. I asked Abria here if she would do me the honour for she has served my House faithfully for years. But she has her family to consider, and a handmaiden is at the beck and call of her Mistress at all times and such an arrangement is not conducive towards a life of hearth and home. However, there are other considerations."

"Such as?"

"Well, I find you agreeable, so that's a worthy point, also my sister favours you and since your arrival and intercession on my part, her temperament towards me has thawed considerably so there is another and I still owe you for that. Further, I suspect keeping you close and treating you well would perhaps please her significantly. But, even more importantly you are a recently arrived Human slave, you have had neither time nor opportunity to become bribed, blackmailed, enamoured or in any other way entangled in the machinations of another House, so I can trust you, after a fashion."

"After a fashion?"

Aventine smiled and shrugged, "I mean no offence, it's just... the way we are."

Hildegard grinned, "I'm fond of you too, you're too much like her not to be."

The Dark Elf turned away to hide her grin, "Oh please, let's not indulge in sentiment. It is an eminently practical proposal."

"Oh, of course..."