All Comments on 'The Tattooed Woman Pt. 36'

by Gortmundy

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
pk2curiouspk2curious8 months ago

Oh man . This is so good . So many little twists and turns and factions and characters . Your descriptions come alive . GR8 chapter .

ruddygoreruddygore8 months ago

Love the story but I'm going to need to start over at the beginning and make a cast list including how they relate to each other.

DistantConstellationDistantConstellation8 months ago

Very glad you could come back with another chapter. Thank you! Your characters come alive. I'm greedy for longer chapters with more story in each storyline, but you should think of that as a compliment.

Another complement - I was absolutely delighted to read: "You might be best served finding some other place to whet your whistle." Whet! There are so many authors on this site who write it "wet". It's great to have the whole richness of the metaphor come alive, with that one H!

otr3otr38 months ago

Thanks for another awesome chapter! Look forward to next one.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The wait was well worth it, excellent as always. Thank You

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is a rather confusing chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thanks for the awesome chapter! Look forward to the next one and the posting of the stories who's who.

Sunni_Ali147Sunni_Ali1478 months ago

Bravo! This just keeps getting better and better with each chapter. Can't wait for the next fix.

Arkie77Arkie778 months ago

Just getting better and better

Southpaw1430Southpaw14308 months ago

Reading these chapters has greatly improved my vocabulary. It will be interesting to see where this takes us. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

By The Gods! You are most devious and a brilliant writer as well.

Loved this chapter more than expected, and I do expect to love each of your offerings.

Keep them coming.

Tygre137

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thanks for the chapter, nice to see Shalidar returning and some fleshing−out of the drow

FrankllamaFrankllama8 months ago

I second the request for a cast list. I've forgotten so many names

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago
Thank you mate!

Another Good One!

I really like your style of writing and the, sort of, olde tongue dialogue,

I will await your next instalment in this marvellous journey and saga you let as accompany you on.

PercySledge

AeralitoAeralito8 months ago

I hope this story never ends. It is the best thing I have ever read in my 50+ years

Demented917Demented9178 months ago

Great stuff.

But as others suggested, a list of the cast please. Cannot keep up with the many different charcters

GortmundyGortmundy8 months agoAuthor

For folks who may have missed it, there is now a cast list. It is entitled "Tattooed Woman: Dramatis Personae". Literotica lists words alphabetically.

Cheers

G

WolfenherzWolfenherz8 months ago

Love it, so much drama 😃

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hi, there!

A new chapter starting with Ash + Nyx. Can it come any better? I just love these two.

Also, I liked the chapter centering on Sura. I mean, sometimes I wonder if we really need these elaborate backstories on secondary chars (like Kasa-Dur, who only has sporadic appearances, for instance) but, hey, you write those so lively, it's an art. And of course it's your fault that I'm now curious about Sura's and Dullahan's storyline. What scheme is Nemain spinning?

Finally, Shalidar's reckoning time has come. I assume she has a hidden trump card up her sleeve, or at least I hope so. Don't disappoint me, would ya?

Keep it coming.

-AshFan01

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew8 months ago

Another great chapter, Gortmundy! As expected. But we've come to expect no less than that since every chapter is so good. The section on dragons in the Dramatis Personae explains the relationship between the dragons and the Danu, which solidifies my guess after chapter 25 that Cassie has an important role to play. Dragons are bound to serve the Danu - Cassie is adopted by a Danu - Ellen is bound to Cassie by personal oath and quite possibly by the Danu/Dragon connection... We shall see.

My guess regarding Shalidar's trump card is that the Morrigan is visiting her, hence the appreciation of the drop of blood will be seen as a valuable gift of something red. The 'crone' at the shrine is likely one of the three aspects of the Morrigan, probably Nemain. If not, then likely Adair in disguise.

I don't know how you manage to keep all the plot lines organized and separate. If we took your brain in for imaging it would likely resemble either an octopus or a plate of cooked spaghetti.

Thank you for the Dramatis Personae, and consider mentioning it in the intro to each new chapter.

WilyRodentWilyRodent7 months ago

This series is so good, I binged it twice.

A tiny bit of critique, though: you seem to have that habit of pairing up all of your characters in a rather predictable fashion. Real relationships are way more messy than that. I don't ask for anything stupid like love triangles or something, but how come nobody has a lover that is completely uninvolved in anything and just lives in the capital?

All those multi century old women seem to have suddenly found their true love and all of the pairings seem to be miraculously from a very small group of people.

The pairings themselves are well written, it's just that the hand of the author is plainly visible in the way they are structured and set up.

GortmundyGortmundy7 months agoAuthor

Wish I could argue with you Wily, but you make some good points (damn you). I'll have to have a wee think on this.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew7 months ago

Four days ago I first posted on this chapter. Since then I have read the entire series, and while this may be tldr for most, I am going to post it anyway.

First, to WilyRodent - Ashunara's group are nomadic warriors. As such it is always them against the world, and not unreasonable for very close friendships or more to develop within the team. Gorsini and Magda are an example. Obviously there is the relationship between Ash and her sister, and Ash and Hildegard, as well as other examples. But is a good question and it will be interesting to see Gortmundy's response.

Second - Gortmundy, I have commented on two previous chapters regarding you using references from other literature. Given the widespread use of ravens being tied to the Morrigan, I wholly expect to see a quote from EA Poe in the near future. Or perhaps this is reserved until the demise of 'the opponent' whereupon we will hear, "Quoth the raven, Nevermore!"?

Third - If you update the Dramatis Personae, can I humbly request we get a small blurb on the Dagda? Given he is Adair's father it would be informative/helpful. If you referred to him in earlier chapters, my apologies, but I (borrowing a phrase you used) cannot be arsed to sort through them all to find it.

Fourth - Morrigan and her 'aspects'. As I work to wrap my head around how this works, and why should that be easy for me as Adair was told that she might understand it given a millenium or two to ponder it, it seems that there are 4 creatures here. While the Morrigan is the 'uber', she is not just a simple sum of the parts of her three (sub, if you will) aspects. It appears that there are separations not only between the three but also between the Morrigan and them. They all seem to act without complete knowledge of the what the others are doing/have done.

Fifth - My guess for the next chapter. Three scenarios have been created, Narrisa's Inn, the Morrigan Stone, and Shalidar's homebase, that are all being visited by dragons. Each of the three will be defended by one of the three aspects, and these were set up as a ambushes by each of the aspects. I fully expect that the dozen or so dragons mentioned in a recent chapter as supporting 'the opponent' to be whittled down significantly very shortly.

Sixth - There is background communication between the protagonists that us readers are not made aware of, regarding my fifth point above. How did Aventine Varro know that Narissa's Inn was to become a point of contention?

Seventh - If Narissa was taken to House Avarro, who is pretending to be her behind the bar? And who is the urchin? I am assuming the urchin is one of the aspects, but prior to now we have no evidence pointing in that direction.

Eighth - If I am correct in the three scenarios listed immediately above, where does Adair come into play? She should have a part in this, shouldn't she?

Ninth and final - I read everyone's comment. And I did so on each read-through. Sometimes I find them enlightening or expanding of my thinking/understanding of the relevant chapter. I encourage everyone to post comments for they are valuable to more than the author. (Like we should kiss his ass, or something! <wink>)

<endWallOfText>

GortmundyGortmundy7 months agoAuthor

Well Dontyouwishyouknew, you're just going to have to wait to see how acurate your guesses are... But somehow I don't think you'll be kept in the dark too long.

I think I did get in a "I hear a rapping, perhaps a tapping, upon my chamber door" in an earlier chapter.

Good point re the Dagda, I'll address that if and when I update.

The Morrigan? Pretty much spot on, well done that chap. You deserve a prise, I'll think of something.

Three scenarios? Oh, that sounds like a LOT of work... <evil chuckle>

Sixth: A certain blonde someone told her it was very likely to hjappen.

Seventh: Good guess. If true then are there any aspect you haven't met, or wouldn't recognise?

Eighth: Their keeping her under wraps as much as possible.

Ninth: I love reading comments. Might just be feeding my ego, but some are damned useful, so thanks.

I'm very keen to see what you make of the next chapter.

GortmundyGortmundy7 months agoAuthor

Soo many typos in that last comment. I'm black affronted so I am.

billdaviesbilldavies3 months ago

Excellent as always. This line was especially pleasing: "most of the clowns down there couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were writ on the heel"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGortmundy@Gortmundy
The Tattooed Woman - 16 March: Chapter 1 of Tattooed Woman edited (again), rewritten and now on site. Changes in this version are based on constructive criticism I received. So, lets see what you think. Part 42 being written, in the offing and coming soon. Dramatis Perso...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES