All Comments on 'The Tattooed Woman Pt. 39'

by Gortmundy

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
jwmcleanjwmclean3 months ago

damm good addition to the story...love it all

GortmundyGortmundy3 months agoAuthor

Hmm, seems to have been a bit of an issue in the publishing. No idea why a chunk appears in "bold". If I had the chance I'd resubmit (also found a couple of typos etc Ive corrected for if I ever republish). C'est la vie, I guess. Apologies.

Lobosolo51Lobosolo513 months ago

Glad you've resumed the story. I enjoy your writing.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew3 months ago

Awesome! As usual, I gulped it down hurriedly and likely missed some items. So I will reread later when I have more time to digest it. So good...

pk2curiouspk2curious3 months ago

No errors disturb the brilliance of this tale . This chapter delivers again . So good so deep so hilariously dark .

Thank you .

DistantConstellationDistantConstellation3 months ago

Oh it's good to see another chapter - thank you!

EssEssCehEssEssCeh3 months ago

Now they picked up Valair a Slavegirl, every named dwarf and 80 of their friends.

This lethal traveling circus of a mercenary gang still picks up any halfdecent named person they meet. :-D

My bet is... at the end of the story every named character is either part of Ash's gang or dead. :)

Oh... and which other story boasts a shit-shoveling demigod?

It sure stays a very special kind of bollo... ah epic novel. ;-) :-) :-D

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you for another most excellent chapter! I will go back to waiting with bated breath for the next installment.

golf2lzgolf2lz3 months ago

Always look forward to a new chapter. Wish they would happen a little more often or with more regularity as they are so enjoyable. I understand that life happens. Really like the whole series.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

My 2 cents

Another excellent chapter. You write such an interesting story. Please continue.

Southpaw1430Southpaw14303 months ago

One of the best stories on the internet. I look forward to each chapter. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent as usual, please don’t stop this series.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just awesome.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dang. I need to start from the beginning again. This is well written and complex tale, and i want to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Please continue the story, I eagerly look forward to learning more.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago
Finally

A great new addition. I had almost given up hope for this to continue.zDQnhE

KrittaKritta3 months ago

So very, very good! I await these chapters most eagerly.

GortmundyGortmundy3 months agoAuthor

Folks, I have no intention of stopping the story (well, that's not entirely true, I mean it will end at some point, but that's at the actual conclusion of the story, not before). It's just the wife and I were away on vacation for a month (Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thialand, Hong Kong - it was great) so that slowed everything down. I'll try my best to get the chapters out a wee bit more timeously in future.

SkiingphotogSkiingphotog3 months ago

Love this story but Samhain is Nov. 1st.

AeralitoAeralito3 months ago

Fabulous as usual, I never want this story to end.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Magnificent, truly Gortmundy. i can't wait until you publish this and I will buy my own to re-read eleventy times. Just brilliant. And how was Cambodia? The missus and I haven't knocked that off our list yet.

AlluredAllured3 months ago

Dun dun dun ....

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thoroughly enjoy the story, although pieces at times seem to come from nowhere. For example, why would a god randomly suddenly appear and kill of a host of humans invading? There are other odd elements, that I hope connect later.

Bluesea00Bluesea003 months ago

the threads are coming together. characters are growingyou really feel them. Good job keep at it

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew3 months ago

Wow, unintended Wall O' Text following...

First off, to commenter EssEssCeh for "...which other story boasts a shit-shoveling demigod?" Much thanks for the chuckle!

Secondly - Every chapter is 5*s with the desire to give more.

Thirdly. The opening scene with the human troops meeting the Morrigan - oh the arrogance of man. Especially when they do not know how much they do not know! And also, Respect Thine Elders!

Fourth(ly?). Minor nitpicking: In the description of Emain it seemed odd that you did not mention that most if not all houses had their own manse. We can certainly assume they do, but the way you described the city one could draw the conclusion that the only one was House Varro.

Fifth. Cassie's language proficiency, especially Dwarven. Perhaps it is the cloak from the Morrigan, or perhaps an effect from hanging out with her and/or Adair. Whatever the source, it is clear that it appeared after the time she met the dwarves at the now defunct 'temple' to the Morrigan. I have said in previous comments that Cassie may be more than meets the eye, and I stand by that.

Sixth. The scene where Cassie met Aventine in the great hall and Shalidar says Cassie looks "delicious". That was a great way to tease Cassie a bit regarding a much earlier scene with her and her daughter.

Seventh, and this is very nitpicky. In the scene where they head to the dungeon and they meet Fergus, where Hilde says, "Riight". While the 2 'i's in a row does technically indicate sarcasm, it can be misunderstood to be a typo. I would suggest in the future to use 3 or more in a row.

Eighth. To an anonymous commenter a few before me regarding the Morrigan 'randomly appearing and killing a host of invaders.' I suggest rereading a few previous chapters. While there is no direct foretelling, it has been made clear that the mists, if not actually a part of her, are certainly her domain. I have no issue when gods take actions that I do not understand, for who could fully understand one and come away sane? And I suspect the Morrigan would agree with me on this...

Lastly and most importantly: I finally found the understanding and words to explain why this story resonates so well with me. Above and beyond how good it is on its merits, the language, attitude, and sense of humor throughout the story is so strikingly similar to my lads and I. I could easily see us speaking similar things in similar circumstances. I do not know if this is just me or universal for other readers, but Damn, it makes the story strike so very close to home!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

By the Gods i pray we do not have long to wait for more of this Wonderful yarn !

RatnorareRatnorare3 months ago

Fair gallus to see ye baith back frae thase eastern places. Hope ye had a braw time. Canna wait for mair o’ these yairns.

Robbb_FangRobbb_Fang3 months ago

That ending was amazing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGortmundy@Gortmundy
The Tattooed Woman - 16 March: Chapter 1 of Tattooed Woman edited (again), rewritten and now on site. Changes in this version are based on constructive criticism I received. So, lets see what you think. Part 42 being written, in the offing and coming soon. Dramatis Perso...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES