The Tattooed Woman Pt. 43

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Or?"

"Or you order a swift and sudden attack. If we can catch that force out of formation as it maneuvers, and so smash into its rear before they can properly form up, we can likely annihilate it with little cost and press on," she shrugged, "of course that increases the risk and exposure to whatever it is you fear."

"Any other word from our scouts?"

"They skirmish with the enemy scouts, with losses on both sides."

Tara glanced off towards the dense woods that skirted both sides of the valley and cursed again, "And so our knowledge as to what lies upon our flanks is significantly impaired."

"As you say."

"Fuck!"

The Captain chuckled, "As you say."

Tara looked at her and snorted, "I hate this job."

She sighed, "Very well, send out more scouts, and use reserves to strengthen our rearguard in case I'm marching us straight into a trap. Then inform the Captains to prepare their Companies. We shall advance."

...

The pyre was made ready, and Ashunara watched as Adair gently lifted the body of Varoona and lowered it onto its final resting place. She sighed wearily, and at her side Nyx reached up to squeeze her shoulder, "It'll be done soon."

There was a slight commotion as Lashelle appeared, and the Captain almost groaned as she cast her eyes towards her oldest friend, for the girl's arrival could only mean one thing. Lifting her chin and squaring her shoulders as a Captain should, she nodded to the younger woman, "He's gone then? He's crossed over?"

The woman's eyes were wide as saucers as she shook her head frantically, "Fuck no! He's asleep, and there's not a mark on the man. I swear just earlier today there was a hole right through him. I patched and padded it myself, and I lost count of the number of stitches I sewed into his hide, and all of it... it's just gone. He's lying there, snoring his damned head off with this daft grin on his face, and his skin looks like that of a new born baby."

"You look like you need a drink, girl."

"Damned right I do."

The smile on Nyx's face was distinctly suspicious, but that was hardly new. Eyes narrowing, she turned to the veteran, "Nyx?"

The older woman shrugged, "Don't look at me. But you'll have to fetch your own flask for that drink. I lost mine."

"Lost?"

She grinned, "Aye, I lost it in a bet."