All Comments on 'The Tax Divorce'

by taylorsam

Sort by:
  • 89 Comments
vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 4 years ago
Good story

Good story but it ended abruptly. 5*

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

Very good. Could have added a few more paragraphs to tell us how his wife got on over the next year or so. Still a 5 star story for me.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

Oh no! You ended it just as you got to the best part! The true consequences to her infidelity.

What happened when Libby found out he was now worth $10m? With that kind of money, he could buy a fantastic home and attract a hot young trophy wife. Reading about the cheating ex-wife's jealousy and anger would've been great!

Did the children ever forgive her? What about a post-divorce confrontation where she's either:

1) enraged that he swindled her out of millions and tossed her aside for a woman half her age.

2) depressed and full of remorse that she destroyed her marriage and ruined her relationships with husband, children, and parents.

RougeHunterRougeHunterabout 4 years ago
Nice plot, weak finish

Tax divorce plot was very nice but the part after he confronted his wife was rather weak.

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
IF ONLY!

It's a pity more things like this don't happen to selfish sluts! The US 'family law' regarding divorce makes an oxymoron of the phrase 'American Justice' I agree there should be a 'no fault' alternative to allow divorce without violence and acrimony but if there is one spouse at fault THEY SHOULD PAY for their breech of the marriage CONTRACT... and contract IT IS! One of the most open and public display of a 'meeting of the minds' is a marriage ceremony. Not even considering the 'offer', 'acceptance' and 'consideration' of "with all of my worldy goods"... etc! There has to be a time when this CORRUPT system is repealed and forever abandoned!

Good Story if a little complex for my simple... and somewhat aged mind!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A reward ?

Nice story, good old Gerry !

I hope you give him a very large bonus for digging you out of so much crap

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 4 years ago
Too short

Good imagination and good plot. But no development of main characters. After being married for 20 years, cheating without any detail or explanation just falls a little flat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A good story

A little to much narration and lacking in the dialogue for this reader. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Painful.

"But she is the cheater, she needs to be punishment?" is an example. Sloppy and poorly written.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
An interesting idea, but . . .

. . . the end seemed kind of abrupt, as though the author lost interest once he had settled the tax issues.

The kids hating the cheating mother has been used so often it has become a cliche on LW. Yeah, kids can get angry, but how many really hate their mothers?

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

Creative and well written. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A good plot idea, but the execution was mechanistic and lacked emotion.

In fact the only person who expressed real emotion and distress was the whore, Libby. The husband became rather perfunctory and calculated, not caring about why his marriage failed, how he had chosen such a despicable person for a wife, or what had changed her from a loyal wife and mother to a common promiscuous slut. Yes, she may learn from her experience to be a better wife to the next husband, but this guy only learned how to escape a bad marriage, not avoid a bad woman. Just maybe he contributed in some way to her disrespect and arrogance?

Anyway, it was an interesting idea for a story. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

It seemed like the ending wasn't really an ending. It just.......stopped.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

If the kids are out of the house, wouldn't the house be split? Either sold and the proceeds split, or one buying out the other?

Why would the business have to be sold? Wouldn't they each just own half?

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 4 years ago
A Tax Divorce.

Finally! The government comes through for the husband! 5* for the story and 10* for being so original.

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Nice plot; great revenge. But you need an editor to eliminate the obvious errors. I hope you keep writing.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 4 years ago
Nice and tidy

Original way to deal with the fallout of divorce - well done.

5/5

TeslerTeslerabout 4 years ago
Fun Story

Not sure if this is legal and frankly I don’t care. It was a unique way to BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good Story - BUT...

When you are writing about the law - you should probably do just a tiny bit of research first... there is no such thing in the law as a "Quick Claim" Deed, those do not exist (in any jurisdiction I am aware of - but I'm NOT a lawyer either)... What you are thinking of is called a Quit-Claim Deed (or) Quitclaim Deed.

You have a few other small grammatical errors - but nothing too serious... like I said its a GOOD Story - just not a "Great" one. 4/5

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 4 years ago
Not taught in school.

My last federal income tax course I took st Seattle U in 1975 did not have the tax divorce as part of the curriculum.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
In the real world this would not work

All she need was to find the bill for the services used by the P.I. And that would put the divorce in the garbage dump. I am not taking her side but givin the years and 2 children she didn’t need to lose so much. We all know there is no justice in divorced. Men fail to pay child support and the children live in property while most men make out much better. That’s a fact. Men cheat more as there hormones and opportunity will get them to break their vows. So many reasons for both side to cheat.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Wow

The utter shock at seeing Taylorsam doing a BTB caused me to give you *5. The story was pretty dang good until the end. As virtually every comment has pointed out, it just died. It needed at least a good epilogue to wrap things up cleanly. Despite the end, I did enjoy your story. The first one I've ever read and scored. Thanks.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
A great burn Bitch burn story

I love when a plan comes together

sdc97230sdc97230about 4 years ago
Ended a bit too soon for me

Would have liked to see Libby's rejection by her parents and children played out longer.

penneydog55penneydog55about 4 years ago
Wowee!

Yep! She got burnt and collected on garbage day..5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 4 years ago

First things first, thank you for a story that at least saved the day as far as stories go.

Next, nice different idea for revenge.

Last, why do people ask for thoughts, emotions and endings for other people in a story written in first person, the MC would have no idea how or what they felt. As far as an ending after where he left it off would have meant that TJ gave a shit to follow up on her, I didn't get that impression that he did.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Tax divorce?

Well I don't know about the legal aspects, but the story was funnier than hell! He seemed to step back and forth about telling her that he knew she was cheating long before the divorce but she never admitted to herself that she was a greedy bitch that wanted to have her cake and eat it too. I wonder how that cake tastes now? Well played.

4 stars

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
5* for the interesting angle alone.

Fun short!

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 4 years ago
Appropriate

It is tax season

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I hate to say...

...that it was too short....because I liked it..was fun, entertaining, and no one got killed, nor sick with anything...*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Burn

I love these kind of stories. Better than that limp dick pathetic cuck garbage.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
she cheats its a mistake

he cheats he's a dirt bag,,,,,talk about a double standard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Normally I give 5 stars....

But this got what it deserved - none - pathetic attempt

saxman1947saxman1947about 4 years ago
Hard to believe...

that you know anything about tax law when you say "quick claim deed."

It's "quit claim deed", and it isn't even necessary when the property ownership is mentioned in the divorce decree.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22about 4 years ago
Very good.

Well it's some unbelievable bullshit, it toes LW trope "divorce laws are set up to screw the man" nonsense, but still the best short (4 page or less) LW story I've seen here in at least a month, so bravo.

Very original revenge idea with the tax divorce. Absolutely zero cucky shit like describing still fucking her after finding out she's cheating or any of that nonsense. No wimpy RAAC bullshit. No soft and gentle split up, the bitch actually did get burned and it was all (technically) legal, no murder or slavery shit. No "ex special forces buddy stomps their balls until their nuts are ruptured" garbage. No unnecessary final page about the happily ever after with the new model big tits cocksuck machine with world class cooking and housekeeping skills. I like it.

DearfieldDearfieldabout 4 years ago
Great short story

Even though the story was short, I enjoyed the Tax Divorce angle of the story ,Great Short Story.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Nice story

Haven't heard of a tax divorce previously. Way to come up with a different kind of BTB. I liked it.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

I thought Sweetie was hot to quit her job?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well done...

...good story. Thanx! 5 stars.

Loklie

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
Moblane expressed the frustration of so many here that . . .

. . . the law doesn’t always mete out justice for cheated on husbands. But the law does not exist to dispense justice; it exists to make order easier for the state. Once you understand that, everything makes sense.

The state doesn’t care that your wife cheated on you, and certainly doesn’t care why she did it. The state simply wants to make divorce orderly and reduce the liability of the taxpayers for supporting children. The only reason the state recognizes marriage at all is to regularize inheritance and require men to support their children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
As a lawyer and MS in Tax

You premises are just BS.

The lawyer would be disbarred.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I swear.

The second most common, asinine thing said in the stories in this category is “if it had only been once, I might have” blah, ba-blah, ba-blah! The first, of course, is “Honey, it didn’t mean anything”.

Completely ridiculous - every time!

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 4 years ago

BTB at it's finest!

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
she had ego issues.

she felt like she could control and manipulate others, use and abuse others.

and people noticed, not just her husband. if married spouses were punished in divorce court for infidelity, there would be a lot less cheating going on.

it used to favor women very unfairly, but now it's more about "who makes more money?" and tries to socialism the whole affair, meaning the government gets the lion's share of their assets, and then they hand the crumbs evenly to the spouses. now, if you're the cheating spouse, and contribute less than the other...than that broken system only empowers you to cheat (man or woman).

so good on you author! you made a very clever tale that seemed plausible. the cheated on spouse manipulated the system to make a more clean and fair break from his cheating wife. ultimately, the wife punished herself. her greed for sex and belief that she could manipulate her husband if ever caught created a monster. he never hurt her physically nor mentally. he just handed her a shovel to dig her own pit-fall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

But I felt it kind of came to an abrupt ending, but overall really great story with a unique idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
"I said no, what, are you am me if I'm lying?"

I got that far. Too many errors to keep reading.

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
Forget the lawyers,

You made me smile.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 4 years ago
Yeah

Even the wife's own father is on the perfect husbands side.

The level of fantsy shown by lit authors in their fevereshly desperate attempts to really burn the bitch would make Walt Disney blush.

It does not happen in real life but it happens in lit stories almost every other time.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Still a great story

But , I ran into my wife Anonymous, dude your comment was better than 2/3 of the actual stories posted here in the past month. Your story is in the other 1/3 taylorsam.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 4 years ago

Okay. Needs proof reading, but not really bad. At least he got her a good one.

Needed a bit more at the end. Telling her was too fast and an anticlimax.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Seems like it stopped short

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Anony said

As a lawyer and MS in Tax

You premises are just BS.

The lawyer would be disbarred.

.

.

.

The accountant suggested it

Helen1899Helen1899almost 4 years ago
Load of rubbish

What a load of rubbish, everything about it was false, how could it be cheating when she was divorced. Parents (hers) don't ditch their children like that, regardless of her cheating, blood is still thicker than water

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better

Need to make a better ending

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago
Helen 1899 read it again

In court with her parents and kids present, she admitted to cheating with two men "before" the divorce. She got what she deserved. She has no remorse. The holidays are going to be very lonely for a while for her.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

It was fun even if incredibly far fetched

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
The Real Humor

is in the comments.

Really? The readers expect legal, medical and logical perfection in a LW fantasy? Get real. Just enjoy the ride.

.

I have to agree with the complaints regarding punctuation and grammar deficiencies. When the smooth reading flow is interrupted with multiple blatant errors, my score takes a dive, usually by a full star.

.

I found my favorite response for the cheated husband while wifey is whining about learning her lesson/be the best wife ever/etc. ("Libby, that's great I'm so glad you see what you did was wrong. Your next husband will benefit from your experience.") Amen, brother!

.

Kudos to taylorsam for a fresh plot device, but bleh! on your failed editing. Nice first draft - not ready for release. Thanks for the contribution.

Keep 'em comin'.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

I think there should have been another chapter to finish it. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Oh my...she was cheating.......

The best part of this story is...we got to see the bull shit she was throwing to make up for all of her mistakes....haaaaaaaaaaaa.........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved it; great story! Dlh143 complains that the story wasn't finished??? Try reading it again, bud. What more could you want? He lived happily ever after. There, does that satisfy you?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fun tale, marred by so many typos and errors, even in the first few paragraphs, I almost didn't finish it.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

The ending seems a bit blunt. It needed an epilogue where she feels true regrets for her action. Somewhere in the near future she is a wreck where no one wants or love her, and the only relationship she has are one night stands. Her name is now garbage in the community and TJ has moved on and is now traveling the world and living in a even higher income tax bracket with someone new. All fantasy per se but it would make the story ending more complete.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Not too bad but another couple paragraphs would made the ending much better. Actually the whole ending could've been extended as well. It felt really rushed at the ending there.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Possible or not this is a very creative way to do to her what she's been doing to him.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 2 years ago

The plot itself was bit interesting. One could well understand why laws were changed to put an end to tax avoidance in this form, but it does stir some thought as about using other devices to achieve a similar aim.

.

But the story was woolly, seemed not cohesive, felt unfocussed, didn't hang together, as if it had been rushed.

Sorry, no offence, -just the way it struck me, it might be an idea to do a re-write at a later date?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Once again, people: it's a QUIT claim deed, not a quick claim! Pay attention to some other items, too. Despite some irritations, a pretty good BTB.

LeontheKingLeontheKingabout 2 years ago

Ending seemed a little rushed but did enjoy the story

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Always love to see the cheater get what they deserve which is nothing. good story.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

Ending was way too rushed, but other than that, good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

( It ended with her mom slapping Libby's face. Libby turned to Jennifer and Derrick who turned their back on their mother. None of them wanted anything to do with her after the hearing. )

Well that seems good except, You had her burned and then had to burn her more! Destroy her with her kids and family and think you will live happily ever after....

She has plenty of time to plot to find a man to go undercover and get him to get a job at her ex's business and then get him to fake a divorce to get the ex to tell how he did it and then ask which lawyer he used to do the same thing talking about loosing a lot of investment money getting them both to talk about how they did it! Now you back in court with evidence of fraud.

OR

On her daughters wedding, day she shows up and shoots her Ex husband right in front of her daughter. Right when he is walking her down the isle

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story - lot of thought and great description of steps taken

moultonknobmoultonknobalmost 2 years ago

What a load of bullshit

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 2 years ago

Nice. Some unique element in the divorce.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The spelling and grammar errors were particularly noticeable. A few typos here and there is fine but this went way beyond that.

I don't think it added to the story at all to have the lawyer advise him incorrectly that the wife would get the house. With the kids having moved out there's no reason for her to get ownership of the house, just half of the property like everything else. The company being the main asset and the possibility he'd have to liquidate it to pay her off was sufficient to make him want to find some way to avoid the normal split.

The ending, like most of the rest of the story, was of course over the top,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This plot could have made one hell if a Story, if written by GeorgAnderson or somebody.

Your concepts are great, just your style is unfortunately ( for me) lacking something. 4*only, therefore.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

its funny how its a mistake for her but he's a fucking dog if he cheats

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Got the wife to agree to an amicable and equitable divorce by applying to her sense of greed to use a legal tax avoidance measure. Oh, how horrible...Snark!

Lowrider2020Lowrider2020about 1 year ago

I am not a literary critic, so I can only say that I enjoyed the read.

SatyrDickSatyrDick12 months ago

[18.05.23]

They got Capone via taxes and so did he!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Probably never happen but damn that was sooooo goooood! Burn bitch burn!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it. It was a different sort of BTB, that's unusual. Like someone else said, they got Capone for tax evasion, so he got rid of her the same way. I gave it 4 stars, and thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Perfect.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Kind of abrupt, but not so much that it feels like a whole segment of the story is missing. I'd recommend having someone do a spelling and grammar check for you, and you should be good to go.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban5 months ago

Fun read! 4/5 BRB

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

All’s fair when burning a cheating bitch. Great story.

MountainMan1336MountainMan13362 months ago

Great story, I gave you 5 stars. Too bad such a divorce was not really legal.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

This is a nice treatment of the consequences of Greed and Lust, the two perennial favorite mortal sins in LW. The "Tax Divorce" would be a perfect trap for a greedy cheating spouse

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

You lost me on page one. It's beyond belief that ANYONE would mistake his wife walking into a motel,well out of most people's travels and have photo to prove it. Her lying about where she had lunch seals the deal. He doesn't need more to dump her. Using this cheap device as a lead to the story bespeaks a lack of imagination.

To bad too, he otherwise weaves a pretty good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous