The Third Date 02: Dazed by Dizraeli

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
THBGato
THBGato
117 Followers

Me: Good to know!

Me: Er... how do YOU know? Are you sure I'm not stepping on your toes here?

Melissa: No way.

Melissa: All yours babe! ;-)

I flipped back to my conversation with Priya:

Priya: How did it go? I bet you were brilliant at the conference; I can just imagine you on stage. What did you wear?

Me: It was great thanks. I had about 30 people for my presentation. Warm reception. Um, I wore a suit. Why?

Priya: I like the way you dress. You've got great taste. Any photos?

Me: No, I forgot to take a stage selfie.

Priya: Awww. Shame.

More pings, so I flipped back to the chat with Melissa.

Melissa: To answer your question I've seen Priya throw herself at too many deeply inappropriate guys over the years after getting all wound up on the dancefloor.

Melissa: She met her Uni boyfriend Paul that way. He basically sussed this out and took her dancing 3 times a week and managed to stick it out for 11 months. Smart guy. Shame he was a slimy fucking fart-weasel in all other respects.

Me: Lol!

Me: Fart-weasel!

Me: That's brilliant!

Me: By the way, I think Priya might be flirting with me.

Me: We're texting.

Melissa: Now?

Me: Yeah.

Melissa: Fine, I won't tell her you're two-timing with me. ;-)

Me: *Blows raspberry*

Me: Anyway, should I read anything into it?

Melissa: I don't know, what's she saying?

I check back.

Priya: Seriously, you always look so good in trousers. I wish I had your legs.

Priya: Are you still there?

Me: Yes, sorry, I'm trying to get dressed.

Priya: Oh, sorry, are you... naked?!

Me: Plus I have to proofread everything before I send it, check punctuation is on fleek.

Me: Don't want to get blocked for poor apostrophe use.

I switched back to the chat with Melissa.

Me: She's saying that she likes my legs and is asking if I'm naked.

Melissa: Yep. That sounds like flirting. But I don't think she realises that's what she's doing.

Me: Ah ok.

Me: God this girl is driving me crazy.

Me: Not sure I can deal with the pussyfooting around anymore.

Melissa: Really? I thought you'd be into a bit of pussyfooting? ;-) I was!

Me: TMI TMI TMI

Melissa: LOL

Laughing to myself, I switch back to Priya.

Priya: Very pleased to hear you are maintaining your high standards.

Me: Yeah, but you do realise that as a Cambridge graduate I'm allergic to Oxford commas? I hope this means we can still be friends?

Me: So tell me what you've been up to while I finish getting ready.

I was in fact fully dressed, but figured a little misdirection was allowed. I was in two minds about Jenny's plan for me to be Priya's third date. Melissa was being far too cavalier about this.

Me: But seriously Melissa, if she's going to blow hot and cold all the time, I'm not sure I can deal.

Me: I've been there, done that, had the heart-break.

Me: I want something serious; I don't want to be her bi-curious experiment.

Melissa: Do you want me to hook her up with Chas? Let her check if she can do it!?

Me: :-o

Melissa: Joking!

Melissa: No, I get you.

Melissa: So push her a little. Once she realises what she's feeling, push her to say it. Before you get in too deep.

Me: Maybe too late for that.

Me: I'm not sure about this date idea.

Melissa: Kate, she's worth it. You know it. And honestly, if it doesn't work out, you just have a meal between friends. No harm done.

Me: Yeah. I suppose.

I glance at the time. I've still got 15 minutes before I need to be downstairs. I flip back to the thread with Priya.

Priya: Our friendship will weather this storm, future storms, and your allergy to Oxford commas.

Priya: To answer your question, I've been lazy today. Just hanging out with my housemates. Called my parents. I've been reading "Hero worship" by JC McNeilly. I think you'd like it. It's about a lifeguard who saves a girl and then falls in love with the girl's sister.

Priya: It's super hot.

Priya: What are you doing next Wednesday?

Priya: Can we get together? Dinner?

Me: Hi. Let me check. I had to swap a shift at the Lounge because I'm missing a shift. Not sure which day I have to do in return yet.

Me: Let me try and find out now.

I quickly message Melissa.

Me: Priya's asking me to have dinner on Wednesday.

Me: What do I say?

Melissa: Fuck, ok, stall...

Melissa: I'll sort this.

Melissa: No worries, Jenny is on it.

Me: Ok.

Melissa: Check your messages from Priya.... Now!

What? Were they texting in the same room? I hoped Priya didn't think to ask who Melissa was chatting with.

Priya: Ug, Jenny's just told me I have to go on her date on Wednesday... well, keep the weekend free for me instead will you?

Me: Ok. What do you have in mind?

Priya: I want to show you something.

Me: I'm intrigued. What?

Priya: Wait and see

Me: Tease

Priya: :-)

Me: Listen, I really do need to get dressed.

Me: I'll chat later, ok.

Priya: Ok, or call if you like.

Priya: You can tell me all about how you charmed them with your kind smile.

Me: Do I have a kind smile?

Priya: Yes.

Priya: Among other things

Priya: I'll let you get dressed now.

Me: Thanks. Kind of you!

Five minutes until I was due downstairs. I quickly message Mel.

Me: Wow that was fast.

Me: I'll keep Wednesday free then! ;-)

Melissa: Roger that.

Me: Listen, I'd better go. Need to network. Thanks for chatting. And for all the advice.

Melissa: My pleasure.

Me: Oh, and did you tell the others about the other night...?

Melissa: No, and I don't plan to.

Me: Ok, well they won't hear about it from me. Are you ok about it?

Melissa: Yeah!!!

Melissa: It was fucking brilliant.

Melissa: Can't believe I'd waited this long.

Me: Welcome to the team. :-)

I needed to go. But I couldn't resist flicking back to Priya's thread.

Priya: Have fun!

Priya: Miss you!

Priya: X

Me: Miss you too

Me: X

Ok, wow, that was intense.

I needed to get downstairs to the buffet. But all I really wanted to do was keep on texting her. I was falling hard and this was bad. Melissa was right: when I saw her next I needed to push this to a crisis. I just hoped it wouldn't hurt either of us too much, and that I'd be able to keep her as a friend if it didn't work. She and her friends had become such a central part of my life in such a short time; I hadn't realised how lonely I'd been before, but now I had them, and especially her it was clear I'd be bereft without them.

"Get it together Kate," I told myself.

I grabbed my key card and headed out.

Priya:

I was sitting there nervously, in the window seat on my own. My date was late... but that was as planned. I felt a bit guilty about the subterfuge, but hoped she'd appreciate the result.

Jenny had picked a Mexican restaurant - not the Lounge this time - just around the corner. I was just sipping a beer, trying not to fidget. God I hope this worked! I was getting more and more nervous.

I almost wished I'd just propositioned her in the Lounge last night, but it had been weirdly busy for a Tuesday and she'd not had any time to chat. It had been so good to see her, and reassuring too, with the sight of her long legs, graceful arms, blue eyes and slender neck just confirming the feelings that I was now aware I had. We'd been texting almost non-stop while she'd been away, and had chatted a couple of times, including late on Friday for over an hour. I was sold on the rightness of this and long conversations with the girls over the weekend about my past romantic and sexual disasters had just confirmed this for me.

Nadine has spent ages with me helping me choose clothes and do my hair and make up. Tom's eyes had gone wide when he saw me, which suggested it would have the desired effect. Given we were going dancing, I'd gone for sensible platforms with only a slight rise, a colourful split skirt that would allow me to both flash some leg and also twirl out on the dancefloor. It also showed my curves in a flattering light while accentuating my waist. Up top I'd gone for a sparkly tank top that plunged a bit and, with a push up bra, put the girls front and centre. It was warm in the restaurant, so I'd been able to shed the sequinned jacket to leave them on display. My hair was mostly up, with just a few tresses running down my neck and my make up was bold, flashes of gold and glitter bringing out my eyes. I hope she liked!

And here she was! God, she looked gorgeous! Tight, pale jeans gripped her long legs and ran into soft boots. Her bright blue eyes were echoed by a blue jacket, buttoned at the waist, drawing the eye to what was above. She had on some kind of halter in shimmery material, that plunged at the neck, showing pale cleavage and gentle curves. I could feel heat spreading through me. Her short hair was spiked up, and her long face made more angular and beautiful by gentle highlights. Her pierced eyebrow picked up when she saw me.

I bit my lip: I couldn't help it.

"Priya! What are the chances?" Oh, she wasn't a bad actress!

"Kate, oh my! You look beautiful!" I stood up and wrapped her in a hug that immediately sent waves of warmth to my most intimate parts.

"You too! Is this the third date then? Third time's the charm!"

"We'll see."

"Well, they are going to love your outfit!"

"I really hope so! Join me for a bit?"

"Ok. If you don't mind?"

"As if." I took my seat. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm meeting somebody."

"Somebody special?"

"I hope so," she replied with an enigmatic smile. Oh, so she was going to keep up the pretence! Well, so would I then.

A waiter approached as if on cue (which it totally was - my old coursemate Juan worked here) with another beer for Kate and a pile of veggie nachos.

"Oh, thanks," she said, clearly slightly discombobulated.

"So tell me about this person you're meeting?" I purred, looking her straight in the eye, as I hooked a little bit of sour cream on my finger and slowly sucked it off.

She swallowed, not able to take her eyes off my mouth. This was going well.

"Well, err, they're lovely and beautiful and... talented," she gulped, " and very clever. I really like them. I'm just not sure they're into me. I'm hoping."

"They huh?" I thought to myself. Out loud I said, "I don't know how they could fail to be. You're amazing, gorgeous, caring, clever, fit and funny. They are bound to fall at your feet."

The blush spread across her face as she took a drink. I delicately popped a nacho in my mouth, then licked my lips slowly with my tongue while staring her out. God this felt good. Not just being here with her, but knowing, for once, exactly what I wanted, and who I wanted: rather than making me nervous it was empowering.

"How about you?" she asked, "Who are you meeting?"

"I'm not sure. Jenny didn't give me much: she just promised me that they," two could play this game, "were amazing... gorgeous... caring... clever... fit... and funny." My eyes held hers. It was like a game of flirting chicken.

"He sounds wonderful," she said.

"Hmmm. Funny, ´cos one word Jenny never used was 'He'. She thought I didn't notice, but I did." I swirled another nacho in cream and brought it to my lips.

"Oh. So she's set you up with a non-binary person? How do you feel about that?"

Oh, she's smart. "See, I said you were clever," I smiled and took a sip of my beer.

She grabbed some nachos and started chewing, waiting me out. I eyed her cleavage and arched my back slightly to push the girls out a little.

"To answer your question," I said (damn, I was cracking first!), "I wouldn't have a problem dating a non-binary person. But do you know what?" I treated her to a big smile. "I've missed you so much this last week. What with the recording and the conference it seems like ages since I saw you. I'd rather just blow off our dates and spend the evening with you." My voice had lost its teasing tone and just gone back to being, well, me. No pretence. This was what I truly felt anyway.

Kate:

Oh dammit, I couldn't do this any longer. I couldn't just sit here and let her flirt with me like that, looking as mind-blowingly hot as she did and not say how I felt. I had to know. She had to know.

"Priya," I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose for a moment, then leaning forward and looking straight at her, "I'd love to do that. So much." I paused. "I can't pretend any more Priya. I'm your date. I'm your third date. I was meant to walk in here by accident and rescue you from being stood up by some non-existent guy." I took a deep breath. "I'm gay and I'm very, very attracted to you and am falling in love with you. Jenny and Melissa set this up, please don't be mad at them." She was looking shocked, but at least she hadn't run. "But I have to know," I went on quickly, as she opened her mouth, "because I care for you so much, and don't want to mess this up, and I value your friendship so much Priya," I cautiously reached for her hand, which she let me take, seeming to shiver a little as I did, "and..." I gulped, "I can't be an experiment, somebody you try out your curiosity on, that would hurt too much."

I looked at her expectantly. She seemed blindsided, staring at me slightly wild-eyed. God, maybe Melissa and Jenny were wrong? Maybe this was a massive mistake? "Look, Priya, sorry, I know this is a lot and we're in public," my voice began to crack. Dammit, mustn't cry! "Maybe I should just go and we'll talk later and find a way to get our friendship back on track? Yeah?" I started to push my chair back, trying to wipe my eyes subtly.

Take me!

Two clear, loud notes rang out around the restaurant, cutting over the hubbub. Shocked, I looked at Priya, just as she began singing again.

Take me

Take me dancing

Take me from this place where I can't even breathe

Oh, take me, take me dancing

Got no-one to pray to; I'm on my knees

She sang, clean and high and rich and warm, staring directly at me, an angel, a goddess, not looking away for a moment. I sat there open-mouthed, transfixed, my whole body blushing furiously. My whole world shrunk to this gorgeous, beautiful, brave woman singing to me, drowning me with her eyes.

She paused, and I realised there was dead silence in the restaurant. Even the music had stopped. Then, she smiled and began again.

Take me, take me dancing

Another voice had joined in.

Take me from this place where I can't even breathe

More voices joined, swelling in chorus, adding layers of harmonies, but Priya's rode them all. I tore my eyes away momentarily, to see Nadine and her band by the bar. My eyes went back to Priya, a lump in my throat. I was close to tears now.

Sail, sail away now

And when you sail away, let me aboard

Cos I am tired, tired of running

Tired of screaming out, and I'm tired of being ignored

More voices had joined, including people at neighbouring tables. A familiar voice yelled out "Where's the beat?" and the waiter started beatboxing, while the bartender began beating out a rhythm on the bottles behind the bar.

Priya stood up, and swayed round to my chair. My mouth was hanging open as she hitched her skirt, straddled my legs, still singing, resting one hand on my shoulder and placing the other behind my neck. My hands automatically went around her. I was intensely aware of the heat of her on my thighs and the press of her chest on mine. As she finished the verse she leaned in to kiss me. Her lips brushed mine, the whole restaurant burst into applause as joy rushed through my veins. She smelled divine, heavenly, of sandalwood and vanilla and a dozen notes I couldn't describe. She tasted of dreams and lust and salt and, unsurprisingly, guacamole. Her tongue teased mine as strands of her glorious hair tickled my cheek. Her hands stroked my neck and curved up into my hair.

It lasted forever and hardly any time at all.

As the applause died down, Priya broke the kiss and, hugging me tight, whispered in my ear: "I'm falling for you too, Kate. But," she kissed my cheek, "I think I'd better get off you now."

There were whistles and more applause as she sat down, and I suddenly became aware of our audience.

"Ok, show's over everyone," yelled Melissa.

"Here," the beatboxing waiter said, "I've got you a more private table at the back."

"Aw, thanks Juan." Priya, got up, and took my hand, and we followed him back, people still clapping and cheering. We got lots of back slaps and touches from her friends and the band, but they quickly disappeared and wished us a good night, then, suddenly, we were alone in a dim booth at the back. Juan deposited our drinks and two menus and said he'd be back in a bit.

"Priya, what the..."

She cut me off with a kiss, snaking her arm up around my neck, hooking her leg over mine and pulling me close. I could feel it with my whole body and I was deeply aware of her other hand on my upper thigh.

"I hope that was ok?" she said, at last, looking up at me through her lashes. Bloody hell she was cute!

"The kiss or the song?"

"Both! Either."

"They were both amazing. You're amazing. I'm not really one for PDAs but I couldn't care less right now! Wow."

She blushed and ducked her head, looking up at me through her thick eyelashes. Bloody hell she was beautiful - I could get used to this. "That was the best kiss ever, Kate."

"Aw, you don't have to say that..."

"No, I mean it. I've never felt... I feel... like, something's been unlocked in me... and you've unlocked it. It's like it had to be you. Whatever happens, and I want a lot to happen, you will always be that to me," she paused, "my first. And I hope it's ok to hope you're my last too."

"That's very ok Priya," I whispered as I leant in for another achingly soft kiss. She hummed with pleasure.

"Mmmmmm. So good! Listen, I've got something else for you. I'm new to this and all these feelings I'm having, so we'll need to go slow. I'm sure I'll have hang ups and disappoint you." I tried to interrupt, but she silenced me. "No, I will. And we'll need to really talk, but I love talking to you so that's no... anyway, what I'm trying to say is I don't want you to feel that you're an experiment. I want this, so, I want to..." she'd been fiddling with her phone and now she held it up next to my ear and played a whatsapp voice message.

"Priya Beta, I hope you're well. Your mother and I were just a bit worried we might have been too flippant the other day. I wanted to just make it clear we absolutely support you in your choice and hope it works out with Kate. We realise it's all very hypothetical at the moment, but whenever you feel ready, we'd love to meet her. We can come down for a visit, or you come up here. Whatever works. We love you Priya Muuna. Call us soon. Bye."

THBGato
THBGato
117 Followers