All Comments on 'The Thorn Tree Cafe'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
reader1000reader10007 months ago

You consistently write about different environments as though you spent your entire life there. Your characters and plots are believable and you evoke the settings in each to make the reader feel them. Your research is superbly applied to each location and time about which you write. You consistently remain one of the best - and not only on this site. Thank you for your time and effort. You are really really good at what you do.

goodshoes2goodshoes27 months ago

I was there with them on safari. I could see the ritual mating dance. I could feel the love for the country and each other. As usual, you write one heck of a story. You are able to use the least amount of words to bring the reader into the story, and also be a part of it.

Thank you.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u7 months ago

Incredible story, a joy to read. Loved your characters and the ethics they embraced.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

May I second reader1000's comments. It's always a thrill to see you've posted a new story for I know it will be vastly enjoyable and memorable. The former is true of many stories by a number of writers, the latter not so much. I also thank you for sharing your talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You write well (certainly better than me), but I think you repeat your settings a little too much.

Several of your stories are about (A) cops that meet a cute on the job, (B) soldiers in the Civil War that are going back home, (C) PIs, (D) hunters in Africa that meet a cute client and (E) people on the Oregon Trail.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The only thing that's hard to believe about this, is you have an English man that's good in bed, instead of a beta wimp and total cuck. Maybe the time period of the story makes that plausible, instead of a parody of the pathetic life of the modern Brit? Before they lost all the actual men in endless wars?

dannyduckdannyduck7 months ago

Re second paragraph, Africa is not a country, it’s a continent!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Pity about the start. There's a Royal Navy and a Royal Air Force but there isn't a Royal Army.

[To explain that here's a piece from the Guardian - Why do we have a Royal Navy and Royal Air Force but not a Royal Army? THE REASON for the British Army not having the prefix 'Royal' is because only certain regiments and corps are called 'Royal'. The prefix Royal before the title of a unit is considered an award in much the same way as a battle honour.]

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

1910-05-30 was a Monday, not a Saturday ...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I have been reading Literotica stories for several years. I have read this or a very story before. This is true with several other authors. Did Literocia do something to cause the authors to repost? This is a great story. 5*

linnearlinnear7 months ago

A such a wonderful story. Just ignore all the nitpicking, I thought it was excellent.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Another splendid story with great characters!

5

SlithyToveSlithyTove7 months ago

Very nicely done, and quite evocative. You truly managed to capture the amazing sense of place Kenya provides, along with the natural dynamic. I think the veldt there is the most affecting landscape I ever experienced, and I've been a lot of places.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

To answer the prior question about having read this story before, it's because plagiarism is actively encouraged here.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very well done!!! Good flow, likable characters,and story line invites you in!!

Smiffy69Smiffy697 months ago

Nice gentle romance story. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So if I have the chronology right, the story is being written in 1914. Pity your MC is about to be called for service in WWl, where his demise is likely.

Ravey19Ravey197 months ago

Beautiful romance and changing how they use and manage wild animals.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft7 months ago

A lovely romance and an enjoyable read. Haven’t been to Africa yet, but this story makes me want to move it up a few places on my bucket list. 5*

Hugo999Hugo9997 months ago

Excellent ... Great story well told

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

One hates to bear bad news, but no matter how hard Colonel Plushbottom and the self-styled Great White Hunters wished, Africa was never a single country. This story was a nice simple boy meets girl, and not complicated by too much thought or depth of feeling.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

As usual a great story only criticism is that the royal army should be the British Army as there were other royal armies

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another wonderful and captivating story! Just one pedantic point, unlike the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force, the British Army is not “Royal “ it just “The British Army” or sometimes just “The Army “.

Publius68Publius687 months ago

Simply fabulous.

PurplefizzPurplefizz7 months ago

Great story and I thoroughly enjoyed it, although normally I shy away from period pieces, especially if they’re centred around atypical English types, but with a few exceptions this worked really well. The story came first, although it was a touch thin, other Ex-Pat women’s reaction to her choices of clothes and lifestyle would have added flavour and rounded out the story imho. One of my personal dislikes is the killing for pleasure that some of us have, so the occupation of our MC is already suspect, but it was socially acceptable over a hundred years ago so I’ll let that go, but tbh the wildlife was the real star and you did really well in highlighting in simple terms how a food chain works in the wild.

The fact that the British Army doesn’t have “Royal” in its name has already been mentioned, which must seem very odd to non-Brits when you consider all Commissions for Army Officers are given by the Monarch of the day and all U.K. Forces allegiance is sworn to said Monarch, not the British Government, so perhaps our King having one or two politicians shot, stuffed and mounted in Westminster might provide some impetus for improvement in future governments. We live in hope.

Many thanks for both writing and posting, Cheers, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

MainboyMainboy7 months ago

Oh pretty well done old Sport I say. What?

Very well told and done with an obvious heap of research to back it up. Loved it.

BlastusBlastus7 months ago

1. The sheer volume of stories you are publishing here is beyond impressive.

2. The quality of the writing is also exceptional.

3. The same can be said for the imaginative settings and characters.

Thank you for sharing with us.

technofrog2002technofrog20027 months ago

I echo the sentiment of Blastus’s comment. I have thought that for a long time. While I reading this one I was amazed at the details you put in this story, almost like someone who had personally experienced East Africa. I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I’m in awe of your talent and I’m thankful for you sharing it here.

J6480J64806 months ago

Well researched, well told and enjoyable. I spent some years working in Africa, not on safari but still hunting. Could close my eyes and be back there, many happy memories

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Loved the period piece immensely. While we all knew where it was going, it was a wonderful trip with a few insights into the bush, both of them. 5.0*

RasmatRasmat6 months ago

Another very enjoyable story by a very talented writer. The setting and time added greatly to the story. I thought Kenya but had to look up BEA to be sure.

Magic_CapMagic_Cap6 months ago

A perfect example that a good story in the category "Romance" doesn't need fucking, not even a great deal of sex.

Love it !

5/5 stars !

WilCox49WilCox496 months ago

Excellent story. Too many typos, and a couple of very minor logic (sequence) problems. Reliable birth control not being available then, Lisa seems to have been playing against the odds, what with her earlier encounters and then the one pictured herein. Still, a VERY nice and well-done romance. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Greatly enjoyed this story. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories