All Comments on 'The Thorns Upon the Roses Ch. 01'

by SarahSal

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Pest999Pest999over 1 year ago

This is interesting so far! Can't wait to see where it goes!

KatiwantsKatiwantsover 1 year ago

Very well written!!! I can’t wait for more!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting indeed. I'll keep an eye on this. Please continue

SarahSalSarahSalover 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks for all the support, reviews, and comments so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The amount of thought that must have gone into the creation and of course the writing as well is very well done. The mysteries in this story that you have come up with are daunting to say the least while the reality of his( now her?) situation can understandably be emotionally draining as well as confusing. Who are they, what are they doing this and why to me, how do I know that after they get whatever it is they are trying to accomplish that they won’t just shoot me and dump the body. From their earlier comments alone, they obviously don’t regard him as anything more than a lab rat and having him sign a contract of sorts stating he is there by choice is an exercise in futility so then was it an attempt to somehow put him at ease regarding his situation? It appears they have this little drama all rehearsed and now they are all playing their parts although if actually considered, starting off with stalking, drugging, abduction and finally a threat of agree or die would pretty much seal the deal that whoever they are, they cannot be trusted and to have Kripke constantly threatening harm or death and then apologizing and wanting to seemingly be friends is one of the biggest slaps in the face that they have no respect for you even as a human being let alone a Guinea pig of sorts. To be able to collect this much information (and there is much more but even I tire of hearing myself talk) from just a beginning of a story should show how into and impressed with this chapter that I am. This is the kind of start that I expect from a movie or a best selling novel so to come across it here (while not shocking) is a wonderful surprise and even more so when I see it is a first posting of a new author. I know that I do tend to gush over something that I find highly impressive and while my ramblings may become tiresome, I find it completely justified just knowing that there are writers out there who can flex their literary muscles when they want to. Thank you for putting so much effort and thought along with the time that must have been required to come up with and post such a incredible piece of work. I appreciate all you have done to get to this point and I hope and look forward to enjoying more of this story and whatever other work you post.

Be well and stay safe.

J.D.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story, but the writer makes the same mistake as every other story involving non consent. A human being held against their will, will fight with all of their being against captors. They don't willingly put handcuffs on or just jokingly put on women's clothing and they sure as shit don't pick up a pen and sign contracts. A captive slows things down, looks for things to use as weapons, spots escape routes and no one sneaks up with a syringe. Things may end up same, but the writer gives no critical thinking to the victim, but includes plenty by captors. I just think with little effort the reader wouldn't have to view this guy as a dumbass being lead to the slaughter.

darthnader19darthnader19over 1 year ago

Always enjoy reading these types of stories and so far you have set it up brilliantly.

Some people forget that this is fantasy and not a documentary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful well written you should get an agent!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous