The Time War Ch. 09&10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After he had seen to Marion's needs, they collapsed in bed together.

"Good?" Marion inquired.

"The best," said Calle, kissing her passionately.

********

They spent Sunday together on the grounds of the Hotel. Mohonk looked even more like a fantasy land with all the color changes. They walked hand in hand, admiring the leaf colors, but every so often Calle would simply look over at Marion, and ask himself if this was really real. She would smile at him, and he would feel a tingle, and realize he was the luckiest man in the whole world.

Time passed quickly, and before he knew it, it was time for four o'clock tea. They took it out onto the lakeside balcony. There was a long row of rocking chairs, overlooking the lake. They sat in them and started to sip contently.

"John," Marion said suddenly. "In all this time you have never asked if I'm Protected."

"No, I haven't," said Calle.

"Why?"

"I... " Suddenly he was at a loss for words. "You're wonderful, Marion. If I got you pregnant, it would be the happiest moment of my life."

He could see how his words pleased her. But with her smile came another probing question. "So... you see a life together for us?"

"Definitely!" he said, reaching out to stroke her arm.

"But... my life is here, John, in New Paltz. And your job is in San Diego. How do you plan to bridge that?"

"I don't know," said Calle. He had given the matter a lot of thought. There simply were no jobs for spaceship designers on the East Coast. The fact is, if he wanted Marion, he would have to give up his profession.

Calle loved Marion. There was no doubt in his mind about that. But being asked to give up his profession... his livelihood... it was a very difficult step to take.

He looked worriedly at her, and wondered what was going on in her mind. Was she growing dissatisfied? Was she becoming restless with only having a boyfriend once a month? He couldn't think of what to say, so he simply continued to stroke her arm.

She smiled at him, and that was enough for now.

[Note: The original version of this story has photos]