All Comments on 'The Toy Box'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 157 Comments
zed0zed0about 9 years ago
Ah Well! You Tried!

I really believe you are trying to grow a pair.

Better luck next time.

zed0zed0about 9 years ago
p.s.

You can't rape the willing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

A bit different and interesting. Having so much detail via the son left me wondering how he knew all this. Mousy mom telling him all that? How did he get the real story? When did he learn all of this? Why was she not thinking more clearly between episodes? Continuing to go back is on her. The story is a bit messy and sometimes hard to swallow, but that kind of makes it a bit more real.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
NO MATTER WHAT

when you try to do whats right, you are still bound to piss some people off. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

The son is an asshole, no way mousy mommy is telling her son all that! Just more racist clichés in this POS!

Breezy1Breezy1about 9 years ago
Sorry

Generally,I like your stories and the way you write them.But neither this time.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 9 years ago
Gave it a 4 star rating.

Not sure why he had such antagonism toward his son or why Teavis "smirked" during the divorce proceedings. Or when was she supposed to have gotten the rope burns around her wrist if they hadn't gotten to actual sex yet, or how Jeannie became withdrawn, uncommunicative, distant, moody or why she started turning down sex with the man she claims to love.

There was no real reason why she cheated...it did she cheat? I'm confused at that point, line why the hell did her son know all the details or why didn't Angela because during the divorce, Angela shrieked and and Travis smirked and I really have no idea why.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A bit surprised

according to dates given he was married at 16 and 25 years later didn't seem to know who to. Didn't follow the plot with his son either nor the racist path

njlaurennjlaurenabout 9 years ago
sorry

I know you took the time to write this but quite frankly it is a disjointed mess.The opening prolog made no sense [it talks about his married children,yet talks about his youngest daughters 4h project when he has one daughter and she is married...or was that prolog a mistake?].His wife is miserable yet takes him to the cleaners,never tried to explain herself, it makes no sense. In the end we find out Glenn is an asshole, but then he moves home and basically reconciles w his wife,yet pretends like he didn't,even though he treats her better than he did,and is,seeing the Polish woman,so who is the cheater? I guess Glenn is supposed to be the guy who loves his wife but can't admit it,so he creates this fantasy of being the tough guy who won't be a wimp,but what he comes off as is a nasty jackass....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Oh good, you're a racist on top of everything else? You are just the fucking worst, aren't you?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
sorry I gave it a two, really the marriage and the aftermath dont come together

she was supposed to have lost interest in the marriage, lost interest in sex with him, lost interest in the home and financial aspects. It seems she enjoyed living as a whore in an IR relationship. And this story being in LW instead of IR makes no sense, she is the typical white BBC ho, basically the company ho. Take her back, why, what changed? Did she unfuck the black guys? Did so find new respect and love for her husband and marriage? And the rope marks on her wrist, bondage games, sorry my wife and I were into BDSM for years and she never had marks where she was tied up. She was to much into this, with the storage unit, the changing station, her choices of clothing to have been forced or drugged into anything, she was a willing participant. If later regret, ruins her life, that is the cost to her of her lifestyle and her contempt for her husband, family, and marriage. I did find it interesting it took the son to get revenge on the three fellow adulterers. Again I see this as just another RAAC husband is an idiot story.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 9 years ago
Jeannie's reaction

when confronted with the Fancy name by her husbad is not consistent with the submissive nature portrayed later.

The idea for the story is good, the execution is very poor.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 9 years ago
Good Effort

I like the fact that you try something different. Making the hero a selfish lame brain instead of an injured saint is a nice touch. Regrettably, most of your commentators can't keep up.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Not bad at all. I really like the dialogue style - fits all the characters but the son nicely.

dsthom1954dsthom1954about 9 years ago
Different.

This was a very different type story than most. And as you stated, a very long worded one. But all in all, it was still a good story to read. I'm sure most everyone has known someone with that type of personality (the husband), as well as the rest of the family. That is what made this such a good story. Congrats, and well done.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 9 years ago
The story

The thing you said at the beginning is true: you use too many words on details lol,that being said the story is confusing to say the least but after filtering the whole story it turns out to be that it basically pinpoints the madness of our times:the making of money at all costs and above all the non-comunication,the not paying attention to our better halves and what's goiing in theyr lives

whirlwind_66whirlwind_66about 9 years ago
Confusion galore ..!

A set of two people , who never knew to be strong and decisive in their lives ...and ultimately made a mess of it....a truly pathetic story....!

cpetecpeteabout 9 years ago
Life is not always neat

and this story was well done showing that.

Nice tale-thanks for posting

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
If this one was just a little drier...

It could have been posted in Humor. De Nile ain't just a river in Egypt. I think our hero needs to take a couple of weeks in Nevada and spend some of that hard -earned money on serious partying before he re-ties the knot. My Dad always said, "never underestimate the power of a woman."

javmor79javmor79about 9 years ago
Not one of the best

I like reconciliations and I like stories that don't completely blame the cheating wife, however...there seems to be a trend with blaming the husband for the wife's infidelities. It seems like the husband is expected to "protect" the wife from all evils, even the ones that she produces; if she cheats then its because he didn't protect her like he should have. To me, this assumption infers that women need a man to keep them on the straight and narrow. In a marriage the husband is her guide of what is right and wrong. If she is manipulated into having sex with other men it is because he "failed" to keep her out of harms' way.

My idea of marriage is to not have a grown kid to take care of that I happen to have sex with. My idea of marriage is to have a partner by my side who is just as capable as I am. I do believe in providing a safety cocoon for your wife and kids, but this does not mean that she doesn't have a brain and a function to the marriage other than cooking and cleaning. She is an equal partner and I expect her to bring her brain, her ideas, and her opinions to the table. Also, her fidelity.

If my wife were to cheat on me I would go back and evaluate where I went wrong. I would look back and see where I could have stepped up. There is always a lack in the marriage that produces infidelity. Like I said before, there are two sides to the story of an unfaithful spouse. But if someone were to try to make me believe that she wasn't properly "protected" from the big, bad wolf who saw a helpless lamb just ripe for the kill then I would have to hit him in the face. Hard.

I gave the story a two. For one, I hated the racism. I am a black man and I don't get a secret "thrill" from having sex with a white woman. I don't drug or manipulate any female into having sex with me. I know of a few black men other than myself who have had sex with white women and they have not had to resort to such tactics either.

Another thing I didn't like was the innocent wife needing to be protected theme. Women are just as capable and smart as men and don't need to be protected in order to keep their vows. Besides that, the author made this wife TOO stupid. She didn't realize that they were drugging her? Dressing up in outfits so the "degenerate black guys" can get the thrill of controlling a white woman didn't seem like a big deal?

The third thing I didn't like was the reconciliation that seemed so out of place. It just didn't match the character. Another thing that seemed out of place was her telling the son all of the details of her sex play. That had a kind of oedipal feel to it that was eerie.

The writing was decent though so I gave a star for that.

Sidney43Sidney43about 9 years ago

Great story, too bad some of the people reading it didn't get it.

kelchakelchaabout 9 years ago
She Was Guilty

After the first time, she should have quit her job. Then she deserved a break from hubby. Drugs don't last for That long. Lots of time to think bout her actions.

Thanks

seekerazseekerazabout 9 years ago
A well told tale.

The characters are real and the dialogs very believable.

The whole story made me uncomfortable and the discussion of sex at the end really cheapens the protagonist in my eyes. I also don't think beating up the Freemans was any kind of solution. The consequences for them should have been much more profound (I am not talking about violence here).

Another fine tale from carvohi

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
You destroyed the story

You destroyed the story as a german. The small G is what that represent. How small the father and son are in this story. I like most of your stories, but this one doesn't deserves a rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awful, awful story

You can't write for shit.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 9 years ago
I back and I'm offended that you didn't use mexicans

I wouldn't care what race they where. Fuck her and the kids

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
dont see it .

Im black and a male I have to agree blacks screw white girls to shit on there race. I also must say most white girls I slept with did it to shit on there asshole fathers. Some to shit on there husbands. I can also say out of all the white girls that I have slept with and its over 50 I have felt like I was a token black toy to be used as there prize. I would never marry a white girl there just to nasty ,you can make a white girl craw on there knees to a plate of shit and make her eat it she will have a orgasm .She will tell her friends your a kinky lover .Now you tell a black woman to do that she will cut off your dick. All girls no mater what race they are think there gods gift to the world.That they can do whatever they want and men are to be at there beck and call.You think Im lying then answer this who though they were so much better then god and ate the damn apple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
give a head

to a green monkey with aids

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
you've done better

This whole thing was all about him. That's why it's so boring and long

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Preface to this comment:

If anything in here offends you, it was just for the purpose of the comment, so you can't be offended.

Carvohi is a racist, a violent rapist, and a pedophile.

Epilogue: Remember, because I put that preface there nothing I said can possibly be offensive or taken seriously.

Benedict12Benedict12about 9 years ago
Aurtistic Influence

I think you may have fallen prey to a trap that catches many authors who have a large body of work. The influence of your own stories can undermine your effort to achieve originality. In this regard The Toy Box is not a bad story but in my opinion it revisits themes better addressed in Wife Gets What She Wants, Sally's Trip to The Theater,and Home and Hearth. I am certain that despite the narrator's assertion that he will never never forgive his wife,he will in fact do that and care for her for the rest of her life. Despite her transgressions she is the prototypical Carvohi heroine- small,delicate and completely in love with her dominant husband. Women like her are never abandoned in the Carvohi universe.

Benedict12Benedict12about 9 years ago
Oops

I can spell artistic- really. I just can't proofread.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Race

The commentary on race was interesting but did not go far enough. It also did not really play into the cheating wife theme that well. Certainly black people are often racists. In my experience I have seen more black racists than white racists. Black people are obsessed with race because they are a minority that has been on the losing end of it for so long. I have seen many black men go after white women only to dump them as soon as they fucked them. As far as those women are concerned; I would never have anything to do with them after they have proven how stupid and gullible they are in making important decisions. So, he was well rid of his developmentaly disabled wife. As far as the girlfriend was concerned, if she was stupid enough to trade a nice stable man for a disabled cheater, he was well rid of her too. Not all women are stupid, or mentally ill. Good women do not turn into shit overnight. So, there are some very basic issues with the plot that were not really resolved. I have watched cheating women cheat. I can tell you they were not good people before they cheated and only got worse after they cheated. For better or for worse we become more who we really are as we age. The good are distilled and become better and the bad simply get worse.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Well written, but...

Well written, but the plot is too dense, not in the sense of heavy, but in the sense of woman like the wife still exist in the 21th century...Sure she was drugged, but in the beginning she would never go for that, more being the woman her son described her...That kind of woman never would seat in the lap of her boss!!! That was against all she was!!! What came after, ok, she was drugged, but only happened because she gave the first steps...3*

fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Oh dear oh dear!

Always good writing from carvohi even if some of his character are unlikeable. As yet I have only read page one but will continue after this little rant. Yet again we have an aggrieved husband packing up and leaving home, why?. do people really do that in real life, leave the comfort and convenience of what they have worked hard for. Perhaps someone will let me know also I see the racists are out again, please, it displays a complete lack of intelligent thought, we are all human beings mostly good but some bad.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 9 years ago
The racial aspect

I don't see where the race of the three brothers would have been important unless Warren had a race problem ( "the Kenyan"..."colored girl", for two clues). Methinks he doth protest too much. The daughter sure got short shrift from the author. Loved the story, wasn't particularly fond of the characters but I believe that was the intent. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Who is

Warren? I thought our "hero" was called Glen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Yeah, not buying into this one. She might have been drugged, but the couldn't keep her that way 24/7. At some point she wasn't high and was able to go home, she should have quit and told her husband that they had pressured her. She never did until she got caught, then like every other cheater she was sooo remorseful.

Additionally, molly/ecstasy relaxes your inhibitions, but it doesn't make you a different person or make you do something you wouldn't have considered doing. She was a cheater inside and it just made it easier for it to be able to be acted upon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Only passable writing

First, there's no such thing as 'horderves'.

Second, you don't 'wrap' on a door, you rap on it.

Third, he's Glen, now he's Warren, now... I'm dizzy.

Editor! Immediately!

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
My marriage by far is the most precious thing I have.

Nothing is more important to me than my wife and kids; and I will do anything to protect us. Take notice of the us. When I protect them, I'm protecting myself. When some fucker is trying to get into my wife's pants, he's attacking me. I'm amazed at how alone I seem to be in my approach to marriage. Ok, I'm a violent man, and maybe I did threaten every employer my wife worked for; but my wife has never doubted that I love her, and always told me as soon as someone tried anything with her. Eventually, we realized it was just to much hassle to be a two income family, and our lives calmed down quite a bit. That said, I'm sure it is no surprise that I blame Warren completely in this scenario. We read a lot of lip service that he loved Jeanie, but until Travis got him thinking straight, no follow through. It beats me how any man with a wife and daughter could have his head so far up his ass. How could he not be aware of date-rape drugs! He could have prevented this so easily if he had actually given a shit about Jeanie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I knew it!

I knew it was those dang drugs!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
throw this one away

Most of your stories are good. This isn't one of them.

MCPO Jim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good story

although a bit rough around the edges. I have always preferred your "reconciliations" even though this one is done a bit via "denial".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
loved it, a great read

5

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124about 9 years ago
Well, Jed...

this one is different. Not really a happy ending, but not really a tragic one either. A story don't have to reek with descriptions of sex to be a good story on here.

You and I seem to be a lot similar politically. Forget about the Kenyan's tax returns. Let's see his college transcripts and real birth certificate! LOL

I do agree about the editor needed. Several word usage problems on this one.

But another 5 * in my estimation.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 9 years ago
Not Nice

This was NOT a nice story!

But ... it WAS a good one!

5*

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years agoAuthor
My my...

First, there were some editorial flaws. Oops! sorry.

Second, this was intended to be controversial. Dare I say thought provoking?

Third, racism in America.

African descended Americans represent maybe 12% of the population. Caucasians around 70%, but over the long haul closer to 90%. Imagine in a country with 300,000,000 people and say a 10% aggressively racist percent. That would be say 3,500,000 black people chasing 265,000,000 white people. It would conversely mean around 26,500,000 white people out to hurt 35,000,000 black people. Bad ratios if you ask me.

I hear white people say "they should just get over it". That bothers me. First, there's stuff like Ferguson, Missouri where a white police force aggressively plagues a poorer black population mainly to collect money in fines. Worse I think is the true fact that every year innocent and idealistic black kids read about other black kids like Emmett Till. You don't just "get over" that. You have to explain that, but how do you explain when it's still happening?

And if you're white don't tell me you're not a racist or weren't raised to think that way. Remember eenie, meenie, minie, moe, catch a... And if you're black you can't use this as an excuse. We've got change. We've all got to change.

Last, this was a story, just a story. If you didn't like any of the characters; then you got it. Next time I'll write something different. It won't matter though, I'm sure to piss somebody off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loved it !

Mrs.C`s suggestion of having `Now Showing`, and `Future Attractions` on a billboard outside funeral homes shows that she and my wife are kindred spirits, in humour at least ! Thank Heaven the Atlantic separates them, or I`d never stop laughing! Great story. Thanks Mr.C.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Interesting comment

I used to be the only white employee for a major Corporation's Atlanta office. According to your statistics whites can't hold a candle to how racist blacks are. Working there, I learned to see them as individuals, not just black. But all they saw was white. Whether you were black or white was the deciding factor in every decision they made. After my seven years with them, my opinion is blacks are close to 100% racist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
What an awful story!

Travis should pimp out his mother and his sister and tell his father about all the money he makes!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Complicated

This is a subtle and complex moral tale. It doesn't work perfectly--her son's defense is more clever than persuasive--but the author was brave to take it on.

fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Me Again

Have finished reading after making a previous comment, 5 stars from me, a story about real people who are fallible as indeed we all are. I liked the conversation between father and son where dad learned a little about himself. As parents we automatically think we know it all with the best of intentions, fallible you see and especially if one parent is very strong willed, I know this, it's the only and very rare occasion my wife uses a swear word, it gets my attention. It is sad that people dwell in the past, when you look back through history people of all colours and creeds have sought to enslave others, google Barbary Coast pirates and raids on the south coast of England and Ireland in the seventeenth century. Black racists in the U.S. should be aware it was black traders that sold slaves to the European traders. No ethnic group in history is free of guilt. Viewing the news from the other side of the Atlantic I too have to wonder how 4 or was it 5 police officers could not restrain one man without shooting him. I once observed a female police officer in London, no more than 5* 2" withdraw her baton, disarm a big man of a knife and cuffed him, I hardly had time to blink. In the U.K. I saw an unusual pub sign, it was called The Live and Let Live, that says it all, there is no other rational and intelligent way. Good yarn carvohi, keep going.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 9 years ago

You're not racist, you just write stories where all blacks are presented as deviant predators out to drug and defile our white women while their friends and neighbors gather to clap and cheer them on. Because that's what the "black community" is like.

But it's not racist because you mentioned Ferguson!

That wasn't thought provoking, it was offensive and a sign of a sick, messed up mind. One who, like your commenters, blames a woman for being drugged and raped.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 9 years ago
Frontlinecaster

Are you Black or just stupid. Most of the stories on here give the Race of the individuals involved. the fact that three Bros. were in this is not usual if you look Most are White Friends Relatives or Co-workers. So your rant is Pitiful.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 9 years ago
FOLKS if you say you may or may not have voted for the kenyan

you are a racist. You certainly are fucking Moron. Ted cruz announced today.. his dad in Cuban and he was born in Canada. Obama at least WAS born in the usa

anyone calling Ted Cruz a cuban? or a canadian?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 9 years ago
why do folks expect a GOOD story form Carvohi?

Rope burns on her wrst and he doesnt react?

why was his son smirking the whole time?

why does the husband who did Nothig wrong stay silent and take the rap for ending the marriage ? why let the wife walk all over him?

anyone ever read a more boring series of sex scene?

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 9 years ago

It's not racist because they're black. It's racist because carvohi goes out of his way to say that blacks go out of their way to drug and abuse and rape white women, that the "black community" is made up entirely of people who enjoy watching this and enabling it, and that them being black made her affair worse and more deserving of punishment even after it's revealed she was raped.

That is racist, and that is what the author wrote. Don't care what he says now in the comments, carovhi is, like most of the anonymous loving wives crowd, a racist in addition to being a misogynist and a rape apologist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hi Frontlinecaster

Eat shit and die.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

the ending was a bit odd. If we are to believe the son's story, then she was raped. So why not forgive her completely?

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 9 years ago

Because, Drbeamer, in the world of loving wives on lit, women who are raped are still at fault for being "sluts" who were "asking for it" or "knew what would happen." The men in their lives, their friends and family, everyone they know should distance themselves from these broken and damaged women lest their own morals be questioned.

That's what carovhi here thinks, it's what his mouth breathing, women hating, anonymous little troll fans think, it's what some of the supposed good authors anons are always crying about being drowned out like stangstar and the rest of the btb crowd clearly think. And it's why lw is such a toxic, disgusting, harmful community of asshole and misogynists that engenders the kind of comments you'll see below, criticizing the story not for its racism or misogyny but for daring not too punish a slut /enough/ for the crime of being drugged and raped.

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years agoAuthor
Hi! Hey wow...

I usually delete Frontlinecaster but I'll leave him on this time.

In this story my protagonist, the father, was certainly racially aware, and also mildly though probably unconsciously racist. His son turned openly bigot when he discovered what the three older men did. Most Americans are 'racially conscious'. Black people are often stereotyically portrayed in the most negative ways, and white people are too often portrayed as being wealthy and easy targets. These kinds of images get internalized. I've been told many black people really believe white men can't fight. Is it can't or won't?

Many of our racial beliefs are the result of anecdotal events; a white girl gets hit on the head with umbrellas by several black girls on the school bus when they're all twelve years old. The white girl tells and retells that story all her life to anyone who'll listen. How much worse can it be for black people who are exposed to so much more.

I think sometimes how fortunate we are in America that there isn't more racial violence. Think of all the millions of black Americans who so devotedly love the country in spite of the things that have been done to them. Jesus, I saw them die believing it was for the good of the country.

I'm surprised people read something I write and think that's what I believe. I change my mind about so many things almost day to day. Frontlinecaster should read my longer story "The Curse of the Scots". I've written another one where my protagonist ends up marrying a black girl, and I have another one outlined with the same concept.

Oh and one last thing. Hi Harry! I love you man.

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years agoAuthor
I want to respond to Harry's comment about Obama et. al.

Harry must be one of those upstart northern suburban Virginians. Yeah, one of those new people, one of those 'Yankee carpet-bagger's.'

I apologize, I'm in many ways a southern man.

Travis Tritt said it in a song, "I've been called Hill Billy. I've been called a redneck too, but I'm ain't backwards dumb or poor I'm just red, white, and blue. I'm a son of the 'New South', step child to Uncle Sam. Baptized in 100 proof and saved by the blood of the lamb. I ain't afraid to hold to old ways, ain't afraid to try the new, but when it comes to what I'll change I'll be the one to choose. Son of the 'New South' - we drink out tea from a mason jar, we're the backbone of this country and we're proud of who we are!"

jasonnhjasonnhabout 9 years ago
Not that great

If she really was a "good Catholic girl" even if she had been drugged to have sex, after it she would have KNOWN it was wrong. She is having a great time until she is caught.

Sorry, being an airhead, as I guess we are supposed to believe she is, doesn't excuse you from responsibility from your actions.

The son is a moron. There are all kinds of people out there and marriages with all sorts of mixes. "Brilliant" sonny condemns his father for making decisions that his wife is either unable or unwilling to make. The son's view is childlike and distorted. His mother stayed at home and kept the house, seemingly willingly and happily yet sonny disdains his mothers role. She had to clean the toilets? So friggin' what? Someone has to. Did sonny take his turn or was it beneath him? BYW, before I am accused of being chauvinistic, I have cleaned more than my share of toilets. The point is, labors are rarely divided evenly in a marriage and someone is going to get stuck with some less than fun jobs.

The stress to run a successful business is beyond belief, something most people probably could not deal with. Does Dad get any credit for dealing with that? Not from whiney sonny. Stories that paint the businessman as the bad guy are childish. I'll bet sonny was all to glad to accept the benefits that are available from a well off father. Well sonny, the money doesn't just fall off a tree into your Dad's lap. He might have been a little busy trying to take care of his family you ungrateful prick.

Is this a story about racism? Not from what I see. The guys that screwed his wife happened to be Black. They eventually got their clocks cleaned because of screwing his wife. Their race was coincidental. They might as well have been 3 Asians or 3 Hispanics or even 3 white guys. They took advantage of a married woman and her husband and son took them down. What does race have to do with it? The author has the characters do a little speculating about race related motives, Blacks wanting to fuck White women. But in the end, who cares? They fucked his wife, they got beat up. They could have been any three men and the primary motivation would be the violation of his wife, not the race of the perps.

This story fails on so many levels. The air head wife. The stupid son. The ginned up race angle. The "I'm not a wimp" assertions of Glenn as he does wimpy things. The "I'm not a racist" assertions as they do stuff that isn't racist to begin with. The kick him when he's down result of his girlfriend going back to her loser husband. The "not an ending" ending where he is back together but not back together. The whole story comes off as irritating.

RedPillRedPillabout 9 years ago
@Drbeamer, Re "she was raped"

Perhaps. Despite frontlinecaster's stupidity, we have only the son's story on that. Which he got from his mother, who isn't exactly an unbiased witness. The son himself doesn't respect dad and is inclined to blame him. As the story is written, it appears that she may have been a bit drunk at some point originally and drugs may have been introduced eventually.

But all this took place over many occasions, and she kept going back. She wore panties for them that said "Fancy", along with other secret outfits. At the party the 3 guys made a point of humiliating the husband with their secret, and she laughed about it. The next day when he mentioned his unhappiness about it she got angry at him.

Regardless of how it started, she kept up a secret life willingly, enjoyed it, and only exhibited sorrow when caught. If we don't view her as just bored and selfish then we probably have to think that the son was at least partially right and she felt neglected. Her behavior might actually be showing some suppressed anger at her husband. But how about being an adult and talking to him instead of destroying the marriage?

All that said, I do understand the husband still caring for her and recognizing that the 3 bastards did take advantage of her, and maybe even drugged her at some point. But I also understand him not being ready to just get over it and think he could trust her again.

rojete15rojete15about 9 years ago
frontlinecaster

You know the joke of the bear and the hunter right? "... You ain't coming here to hunt".

Calling what happened to her Rape is actually downplaying the word and the notion, one of the most vile crimes that can be commited.

Maybe the first time, if she really was drugged, because " tipsy" isn't drugged, we could say she was raped. But certainly not all the rest. Because she went willingly, and had a secret wardrobe, and laughed in her husband's face about it. So no, she wasn't raped, and she doesn't deserve all the help and support and caring that the real rape victims do.

And before you call me woman hater, or whatever, know that I absolutely prefer reconciliation stories (provided there is a reasonable base for reconciliation, sure) and I don't much like BTB. But I revolt against the idea of this being called a rape problem, because real rapes are terrible and traumatic, not excuses for playing the whore.

Good day to all

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Read the Comments

The comments have become more dramatic than the story! Let me boil it down for you:

Shit comes in all colors

Racism sucks when you are on the losing end of the equation whether it is slavery, affirmative action, being pulled over for DWB, or finding out your wife is a black guy's trophy.

Cheating wives suck too, usually guys other than their husbands. That is why you forgive them, divorce them and forget them. When you see them at the wedding or the baby shower treat them like a neighbor you haven't seen for years. Then go fuck your girlfriend in the coat closet.

Now ask yourselves this: Why is it that we are all obsessed with betrayal? Why is it that we can't stop reading about the second worst betrayal known to man? (A parent betraying a child is the worst) I have never been cheated on to my knowledge, and this stuff does not turn me on. It does make the adrenalin pump, and the rage flow. Why? In real life, I just walk away from shitheads including former friends and former family with little or no animosity. This stuff is primal. It has it roots in our core. A cheating spouse threatens our survival. It is like someone has a gun pointed at you and they are about to take more than half your worldly possessions not to mention your support system. Cheating is a threat against a person's life. That is why it has to be punished that way.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 9 years ago
really C_frommn

did you read the racist comment you wrote?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow,

This would have been a great story at Starbucks this week.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
SCHEISS NEGGER, GIVE THEM ALL A CYCLON B SHOWER

VERDAMMT GROSSVATER WARUM HAST DU DEN KRIEG VERLOREN ????

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 9 years ago
A strange story

An uncomfortable read even for a cheating wife story. Of course Jeanie could just have given up her job after the brothers made the first move. Simply told her husband that she did not like the set up and taken a chance that they would not do anything. But then there wouldn't have been a story.

Is it racist? From here they are all Americans, black or white.

I see Carvohi has been called a paedophile in the comments, he was called British after his last story.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 9 years ago

So your southern pride, carovhi, means perpetuating discredited lies based entirely on race? Interesting how all that southern anger over people bad mouthing your good ol' boy Dubya seems to have faded as soon as the person in the office doesn't happen to look like you. That's not 'southern pride', it's not 'the old ways', it's racism, and until people like this author and his little yes-man friends acknowledge that nothing in this country will get better.

As for her not being raped all the other times, she was blackmailed. They told her they would release the tape if she didn't continue, that is coercion. And forcing someone into sex via a threat, be it physical or something like that, is rape. The fact that no one held a gun to her head doesn't change the fact that nothing she did after they drugged her and then blackmailed her was consensual by any legal or moral standard.

But please, don't let me get in the way of your victim shaming and rape apologizing here, I know that's what Loving Wives is for. They might as well change the category description to swinging, sharing, and perpetuating rape culture and demonizing, threatening, and physically and emotionally abusing women for the crime of being forced into sex.

Hell, this is the author who wrote a story where a man pays a group of men to gang rape his wife in her own home, in her own bed, and then described that in the comments as her 'taking one on the chin' for the good of the marriage and presented that character as a hero for then not dumping her after what he did to her.

Just looked down....how the hell is this a comment thread where I've ended up agreeing with Huedogg?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Another dumb wife , programmed in her religion and family rules to be a follower

So after being neglected by her husband and getting a job her bosses take advantage of her. She seems to go along with this . Jerk husband finds out and never asks why ,the son knows and confronts the arrogant father, so he gets to thinking . U know the rest of the story.

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
wow

A story that is compact and does not step on toes,,,,, NO! And it seems that the commentaries are even more interesting than the story. In the end Warren(Glen?) seems to be a hypcrite and says one thing while doing another. I feel the three "old boys" should not be condemned for rape since she never protested and she never

quit. It is interesting that in most of the states Adultery is no longer a crime, only a motive for an emotional collapse or a murder.. In many other countries it is a capital crime. I suspect it all goes back to not wanting to raise other people's children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A complex, interesting story.

The trolls like frontlinecaster didn't like it. Which shows how good it is!

Hey! Frontline! How'd your first every story doing? Still nowhere near completion? Thought not!

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 9 years ago
"A Colored Girl"

If you're going to go out of your way to declare you are not a racist, you should then be more careful with your terminology. You got a "colored girl" in to scrub the toilets. I've been fortunate enough to have household help most of my life. Respect is a given; they are family members. Being from the south does not give you latitude to say these things, it is reason to be even more sensitive and caring.

Concritic123Concritic123about 9 years ago
Oh Please Sparkswillfly...

Save your liberal bullshit. If the author wants to call the help " a colored girl" he can. It's his fucking story, you dick head. If he wanted to call her his little nigger girl, he can. It's his fucking story, you dick head. Black people call each other niggers all the time and that's okay. No one bats an eye. But let some white guy say the word "colored" and the liberal dick heads (Sparkswillfly) lose their shit.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 9 years ago

Let's check in with the comments....

Hmmm, someone saying that rape isn't a crime if the women doesn't protest. Let's ignore the fact that she /did/ protest and was threatened and blackmailed into stopping, that's some fucked up misogynist bull shit right there.

And another commenter complaining about not being allowed to call black people 'colored' or 'niggers'. So yeah, Carovhi, you've found your ideal audience here, congratulations. Want to do some gay bashing while you're here just to complete the trifecta?

looking4itlooking4itabout 9 years ago

Nah, I don't buy it, and Travis is an asshole.

RedPillRedPillabout 9 years ago
On the "rape"

Quoting frontlinecaster "Let's ignore the fact that she /did/ protest and was threatened and blackmailed into stopping...". I'm not sure what the "blackmailed into stopping" refers to. She did protest the younger brother going too far and then good old Hiram comes to the rescue and she gives him sex for coming to her rescue. What a heroic damsel in distress!

So, I went back to page 3 and went through the tale in order:

1) "she ended up on one of the brothers' laps"

2) They drank at the open houses (and she participated)

3) Hiram (oldest brother) had her on his lap and fondled her breasts

4) They started making sure there were couches at the open houses, and she let them massage her ... legs "all the way up her thighs" and boobs. If "they saw someone coming to see the house she'd just go to the bathroom and get fixed."

5) She started dressing in costumes for them... the same ones that she hid from her husband. She'd sit on their laps and they'd rub her boobs and feel her legs. "She also said that was the first time they hadn't had anything to drink. Sometimes she'd kiss them." Yeah, little miss innocent... NOT under the influence

6) "My mom told me later they had to have started giving her something...felt light headed and silly" ... Now, at least according to her, they may have decided to speed up the seduction. But she has long since been doing things that are unfaithful, even if not yet sleeping with them

7) She started being "on show" (my term) as a white womand waiting on black buyers...didn't like it much but "felt strangely erotic"

8) They stopped having open houses and it started being just her in costumes "prancing around" for the customers... she was a "little bit naughty, they touched

her boobs and legs"

9) They staged the event where she sat on one brothers lap while the younger brother felt her up, including her pussy, and then threatened her with the video.

Then Hiram comes to the rescue and she would have let him fuck her but he cant get hard so she gives him a hand job (not under duress, btw, despite the younger

brother's earlier threats). However, based on description she may have been drugged for that one. As she left, "he gave her a fat envelope full of money".

10) A week later, she gives two of the brothers a hand job and again leaves with an envelope full of money.

11) The next week the younger brother gives her the tapes back and is "so wonderful that she agreed to go to get in the bed with him".

12) After that "it was four of them all together almost every week".

So, she starts engaging in inappropriate behavior and drinking with the brothers. She lets them start touching her in ways they shouldn't, starts dressing in costumes. Soon, all pretense of it being about real estate sales is dropped. They're just paying her to put on a show and let them feel her up, along with others. Then it gets more explicitly sexual and involves full nudity and intercourse.

Along the way, they certainly threatened and manipulated her, added alcohol and maybe drugs. But she was a willing participant most of the way. That doesn't excuse any incidents of blackmail. But she was not an innocent, was dishonest with her husband and certainly knew he would not approve of her behavior. Her failings do not excuse their faults, but neither does their possibly illegal behavior excuse her unfaithfulness.

Must be nice to be like frontlinecaster and be able to find a couple of stupid comments and act like everyone here is misogynist, racist, etc. It's kind of like someone who sees an evil action committed by a black person and says all blacks are evil/stupid/whatever. Ah, yes, it's exactly like that, isn't it. frontlinecaster is simply a racist in another way. Someone who claims all others in any group are bad so that he or she can feel good in comparison. Maybe he can go somewhere else where people are worthy of his presence.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Racist comments are a good indicator of a stunted brain.

I prefer to not give the easily offended ones ammunition for their rant. I find ASSHOLE, LIBERAL or if I'm really upset FUCKING DEMOCRAT more than suffices.

mordbrandmordbrandabout 9 years ago
@frontlinecaster and other wife apologists

Let's be clear, in that the gist I am getting from you folks, is that the wife was drugged, blackmailed, and raped. Therefore, none of the following incidents are her fault.

To address that, I will illustrate via her son's descriptions that while she was raped and blackmailed at extremely specific times, this was not the story we were presented.

On page 3, starting with "Being small like she was mom was never much of a drinker." , we are led to believe that the brothers plied her with alcohol and basically reached into her blouse to play with her tits or gave her very sensual massages. This was not a one time incident, in fact it was specifically said that "It wasn't long she said before there was always a couch conveniently located at whatever house they were showing." On said couch, the massages and gropes took place repeatedly.

She had only been given alcohol per the story at this point, she had not been threatened or blackmailed, yet this very religious woman who was devoted to her husband never told him a single time that she was being manhandled by her employers. This does not sound like coercion at this time.

Then we move to the next damning incident, the french maid costume. She told her son that "she sat on all their laps, and all of them got to touch her boobies and smooth their hands over her thighs. She told me it was kind of fun watching their dark brown hands rub over her white thighs." Now, this could also be attributed to the alcohol, but for this statement, "She also said that was the first time they hadn't had anything to drink." So no drugs were involved and yet this loving wife thought it was still OK for her to be fondled and that it was kind of fun. Again, nothing was told to the husband.

Now after this, she tells her son that they must have started drugging her. The evil drugs led her to do additional things but she stopped the youngest brother from raping her and was going to tell her husband but they showed her the tapes and threatened to blackmail her. Remember that at this time, at least in her own mind, she HADN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG! It was only after the drugs and the blackmail that she started submitting to sex.

So, lets say we buy into this story and that she is innocent. Let's go so far as to say she was, in fact, being raped and blackmailed. Then we get this, "The next week the youngest brother was back in the office. He secretly gave her three tapes. He said they were all he had, and that he was sorry he said what he did." One week after her first semi-sexual encounter, she was given the 'evidence' and advised that the blackmail was over. She could have easily told her husband what had transpired, right?

She didn't. She also continued to work for the brothers, continued having sex with them and possibly customers, it wasn't totally clear on that. But....it wasn't until she got busted red-handed that she quit her job and knew her marriage was over. This is not freaking logical!

Now his son, the smirking smart-ass, lays into him about how he mistreated the mother, and emotionally abused her. He didn't pay attention because he was so busy at work and the brothers did, etc etc. This is standard fare for most adultery stories, but unlike the bulk of them we are given an illustration of how the husband had lavished his wife with things she wanted. At no point did we hear that the wife said, "No, I don't want that Waterford crystal, I want you at home more."

Additionally, you can't tell me that the son hadn't brought this up before to his father; a father he clearly had no respect for according to the story. All these years he remained silent? It simply doesn't make sense.

So in the end we are left with no characters in the entire story that are likable, relate-able, or that are logical, rational people capable of discussing their lives before it all blew up. All the characters are stuck in a purgatory of being with each other without clear love for one another, including an entire other family unit that the father is dallying with.

Having tried to submit a single story so far, I can understand how easy it can be to overlook portions of your story that readers will definitely take you to task for in the comments. But Carvohi is not a fledgling writer, having quite a few stories under his belt. I had, prior to submitting my own work, read quite a few of his stories and liked them very well. Based upon those stories, I cannot compare this to his prior work; it seems rushed towards the end and resolves nothing. There are multiple contradicting details and it seems as if the story was originally going to be a shorter BTB tale that somehow morphed into a limbo of reconciliation. I have to give it a 2 compared to this author's earlier works, and if it was a new author I would probably give it a 1.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
An author should not be confused with the characters in their story

The sign of a good writer is the ability to use different voices in different stories.

Apparently some readers believe that if a writer creates a character with certain personality flaws it must be because those flaws exist in the writer. In this story Glen/Warren told us over and over again he was not a racist but his comments and descriptions did not match his protestations. We were told that the smirking son was a lost cause, yet he was the one who presented the most rational argument. But no matter how they were presented in the story they are fictitious characters created by the author. They are not extensions of the author.

Have you ever watched a program on TV at the beginning of which there is a caveat given that the views and opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the station? Readers should keep that in mind as they read.

This story represents Carvohi's creative skills. The ensuing debate and level of anger exhibited in the comments confirms the mastery of the craft.

Well played. A very sharp stick was used to poke the hornets nest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
It doesn't sound like any of you have ever lived/worked among.....

....the German/Americans.....

I agree with one com,enter that suggested carvohi seems a little off. I'd shared that opinion for both this and the last story he submitted.

It's hard to put my finger on it, but his work is more careless and hurried-feeling than before. "Rushed" was used to describe the latter part of this one. I agree on both counts.

Carvohi, you're better than this.

Please take more time, if you need it to clean up your story's technical aspects and to get the story told in a way that doesn't leave us feeling like you lost interest and just wanted to get it out of the way towards the end.

I don't really believe that you think or feel that way, but I do think this recent change in your stories is beginning to give that impression.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 9 years ago

I would rather be a 'wife apologist' than a rape apologist as carovhi and so many others in the comments here are. And I'm basing that both on this story, other stories I've read of this author's, and the fact that you have commenters coming in here to claim that being drugged or even being drunk to the point where one cannot legally consent doesn't count as rape.

So yeah, I call the misogynists where I see them. Just like the racists, the ones here complaining about not being allowed to call black people niggers or comparing some coworkers being mean to them once to generations of mistreatment and discrimination that continues up to this very day. I call a racist anyone who clings to 'southern pride' as an excuse for their disgusting attitudes and behaviors and refusal to adapt to a modern world, and to anyone who shouts 'FILTHY LIBERALS' to anyone who dares have an opinion on race or sex or any other topic that a small, privileged, upper class white male minority wants to avoid desperately for fear that it might somehow cast them in a bad light.

And Rightbank, someone walking down the street yelling about how the 'damn niggers' are everywhere trying to rape their white women and how they are filthy animals is going to attract attention and make people talk about him and acknowledge him. That doesn't make him 'thought provoking' or make him some enlightened satirist on the subject of race. It makes him a racist, and fictional characters or not we are given no indications at all that these aren't the author's views, and his ranting about 'southern pride' and his defense of the Obama the Kenyan remark are both pretty good indicators that good ol' boy Carovhi here has some problems with the 'coloreds' whether he tries to backtrack it or not.

RedPillRedPillabout 9 years ago
Ah, poor baby...

@frontlinecaster "I would rather be a 'wife apologist' than a rape apologist as carovhi and so many others in the comments here are. And I'm basing that both on this story, other stories I've read of this author's, and the fact that you have commenters coming in here to claim that being drugged or even being drunk to the point where one cannot legally consent doesn't count as rape."

Oh? Who has claimed that? Show it with quotes.

She comes back, week after week. It *may* have been rape. The men involved certainly weren't honorable, rape is rape regardless of the woman's fault, but is she without blame? She knew what they were after. She deceived her husband and came back week after week. I'm so sorry, you must have a hard time, being the one good person in a world full of evil, horrible, misogynist, racist homophobe, awful people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
FrontLind "CUCKSTER" ....

... how's the "cheating WHORE WIFE APOLOGIST" thing working out for you ?!? ....

.... find enough time to "leave the bedroom closet" and defend your bullshit position???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Still a RAAC with a dumb shit WACC...

Sigh...

FD45FD45about 9 years ago
Really?

Was the wife leaving the house drunk when she went to see her black lovers?

No?

Then every subsequent visit to those three men was NOT rape and all the bloviating by FLC is a crap argument. While A rape might have occurred...once she went back for seconds or thirds or fourths sober, that argument has been nullified.

She was having fun.

Not commenting about the story.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 9 years ago

Love when someone claims there is no defense of rape going on here, then defends rape.

"rape is rape regardless of the woman's fault, but is she without blame?"

Yes, because she was raped. That is the very /definition/ of victim blaming, and it's play number one in the asshole, misogynist, rape culture playbook. So I'm sure you and carvohi will get along well. Ask him about the story he had to take down about the man paying to watch his wife be violently gang raped, then she begs his forgiveness for having deserved it.

FD45FD45about 9 years ago
Frontlinecaster, one question.

So...when she left her husband that Sunday cold sober, DROVE to the storage bin, removed her clothes, picked up some sexy outfit and DROVE to the house where the three black guys were waiting to grind her gears...was she raped then?

A yes or no will do.

Put up or shut up.

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years agoAuthor
I've got to say something...

At no time anywhere did Jeannie ever say "No", "no", or "don't'.

The youngest brother scared her in one instance and he tried to coerce her using a video tape, but she resisted, he retreated and there was no forced sex.

No ravishment, or forced sex actually occurred. She may have been tricked, she may have been seduced, she may have been drugged or filled with alcohol, but nowhere was she actually forced.

Now there are dozens, no hundreds, of stories on this site where we read about the drunken or drugged coed who is ravished and I dare say forced by a bunch of inebriated Frat boys. One need go no further than DQ Steele's magnificent story "When We Were Married" where our protagonist bravely, and foolishly, steps in to prevent the abuse of a coed who had admittedly been involved in numerous sexual escapades earlier on. If you read that story, and I hope you do; you'll see how Debbie, Steele's heroine, marries her rescuer and idolizes him for years.

I'll add, the only comment writer here who is focused on an alleged but nonexistent ravishment is FLC. He has his reasons; mainly his profound distaste for me, and his admitted desire to try to get me and everything I've written banned from this website. This has been why his comments have been repeatedly deleted from all my other stories, and I've had to block his harassing emails from coming to my Literotica website address. He writes nasty anonymous comments all the time. His stupid remarks are easy to recognize.

You see Literotica is an American based operation and there are limitations. If you ever write a story you'll see what those limits are. They are quite fair and reasonable.

I can almost guarantee FLC has been bombarding Laurel with imaginary complaints about me and this silly story. He's like a rabid pit bull. (No offense to pit bull owners.) One day I'm sure he'll succeed. He'll shout 'Hurrah!' 'Hurrah!' I've purified a porn site! But there are other sites, and when he does succeed you'll note it, and you'll know you'll be able to find me elsewhere. My regret will be the loss of the public intercourse we get here. I believe he has targeted other writers too, and now most of their stories are found elsewhere.

FLC thinks he's Wyatt Earp. "We'll have my kind of erotica or no erotica at all." Of course FLC is a 'happy cuckold' semen slurping, 'the only real man is the man who likes it when his wife does another man kind of guy.'

Last, yes, I wanted to get this little thing out of the way so I could target three other longer and I hope interesting stories I've outlined. I believe I said this was a 'quickie'.

Have a nice day!

Jedd Clampett

p.s. And I still love you Harry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
what is it

with so many wives in these stories becming uber successful real estate agents... is it really that easy? lol i know its fiction but ive read numerous other cheating wives stories where the wife either starts out in real estate, or gets bored so gets a job working real estate and starts making serious bank.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Interesting plot, but so many inane and weak plot devices. I'll explain.

First, what has the race of the predators got to do with anything? I did not read that she was particularly attracted to black men, so why make them black?

When you described the black men at the party you made is sound like they were just three of the agents. Later we find out they are the owners. Their supposed influence over her at the party would have made more sense if we'd known they were the owners.

The husband acts very contradictory and illogical. If he's such a controlling detailed power monger then why did he just cut her loose to go play real estate agent? He never dropped in on one of her open houses? He never discussed her sales, closings, and how she was making her money? Mainly, he didn't immediately start investigating why their sex life was diminishing? And if you are an empty nester, why mess up you weekends and evenings by allowing wife to go into the real estate business? If wife is so afraid and intimidated by her husband why is she taking such risks? She raised two children and is clueless about what she is being led into? She's starts out sitting on their laps? Ridiculous.

So the characters' actions are contradictory and inconsistent. The justification for her behavior is lame and contradictory. And the resolution of their marriage was supposed to be cutesy and obliquely romantic, maybe? I did not get that at all. Ex-husband and wife are living together and fucking again, but he's also fucking other women? And she's OK with that? And his kids are OK with that? And they might remarry because they are concerned what the grandchildren might think? Grand children won't find out they are unmarried unless someone tells them, and a a much older age. Lame excuse to get remarried.

So thanks for the effort, but you need to reexamine motives, choices, character consistency, and the obligation of adult logic and personal responsibility. Your characters come off as stupid obtuse buffoons who do some smart stuff and then some self-destructive stuff without a reasonable motive or explanation. Please keep trying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
@ anon:

Actually I thought that the husband was consistent. He wasn't controlling her, he was managing her. She was a person who needed to be managed so he did, and when she wanted a job, great, it's less work for him. He was a kind of guy who did what needed doing, no more, no less, a basic manager.

The race of the predators was kind of disappointing. I was expecting the husband to go nuclear on them with a lot of pain dishing and blood spilling, after all it's easier when you first dehumanize them. That didn't explicitly happen so the race thing is pointless.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 9 years ago
well maybe you should try and wriote seothing besdies your dumbass comments

on every one else's story dear annony. You are so fucked up in your head and your wife told me she is glad she found a real man who can fuck her

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Random thoughts

The biggest one is, how does the son know his mother was drugged? Or is she just pulling it out of her hat as an excuse? "Must have" does not equal "was." And we already know that she was a pretty good liar for nobody to have sussed that she was doing anything untoward. Lying to your husband and stashing toys in a storage unit doesn't sound like things most people can do while drugged.

Travis is pretty perceptive about the unspoken domestic dom/sub relationship of his parents, though he clearly presents it in a manner intended to motivate his father to take action to save his mother. They were both doing what they had been raised since childhood to do, and he can hardly be blamed for not recognizing that she would be unable to be a functioning adult out in the world outside their home if she took a job.

There's only one place in the story where the race of the realtors makes any difference, and that's where they use the wife dressed as a maid to try to appeal to their non-white clientele's possible bitterness over their past treatment by whites. It's another example of just how scummy they are. Other than that, the race is irrelevant, unless it's the author attempting to draw in more readers by being able to put an "interracial" tag on the story.

And yes, for a brief time, it really was that easy for people with little experience and lightweight skills to sell real estate. And then the bubble collapsed and it wasn't anymore. So the story is spot on for that.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 9 years ago

There you have it straight from the author's mouth. It's not rape without violence, and anyone who says otherwise is to be insulted and demeaned. That's such a perfect encapsulation of this whole section I couldn't have put it any better.

I've explained why I dislike stories of rape and abuse so much, but carovhi deleted that comment then sent me an email calling me a pedophile and threatening to complain to laurel if I kept commenting. This was after he spent weeks emailing me his stories and begging me to read them. So yeah, /I'm/ the obsessive one.

FD45FD45about 9 years ago
So what you are saying is

you won't answer the question Frontlinecaster.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Oh, I think he did...

.

RedPillRedPillabout 9 years ago

Quoting FLC again: "Love when someone claims there is no defense of rape going on here, then defends rape.

"rape is rape regardless of the woman's fault, but is she without blame?"

Yes, because she was raped."

No, moron. Being raped does not mean you're without fault in all your actions for all your life. My point was not that she deserved to be raped or that there is any justification for rape. Rather it was that regardless of whether she lacked the ability to give consent to some of what happened she went back time after time while she was clearly in her right mind, betraying her husband. If you could pull your head out of your ass, you could see that the discussion pertains to her responsibility to her husband and marriage. Instead you are hell bent on establishing your moral superiority and myopically turning things to you against the world.

I do agree that one can be drugged to the point of being unable to either consent or effectively resist and that such would constitute rape. It's not clear that this is really what happened here (as the story is written, we have second/third hand accounts that may not tell the exact truth). But suppose a person continually engages in behavior detrimental to their marriage, finally putting their self in a position where they wind up being raped. The rape is a horrible wrong and there is no justification. But that doesn't cancel out all the other bad behavior and betrayal of their spouse.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous