All Comments on 'The Trainer Pt. 01'

by Salandar

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Really excited to see you start a new story - and great first part, too! Curious to see where you decide to take it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
An unusual...

...theme but no less enjoyable.

Bleep735Bleep735almost 4 years ago

Great start. I can’t wait to see where you go from here.

BillyslateBillyslatealmost 4 years ago
Nice Informative Introduction!!

I like The Trainer Pt. 01, and feel it may develop into a "wonderful love story"!! Amy & Charlie are an interesting combative duo in their various times interacting, who seem destined to become lovers. It would not be surprising for them to fall seriously in love, with Amy permanently relocating to the Island, and managing her consulting business from there.

Definitely waiting for Part-2 to be posted!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
well done

well written, looking forward to more, thankyou

Orry_bambiOrry_bambialmost 4 years ago

It was amazing reading this new story, I wasn't expecting it to end so quickly. It's 7 pages but it still feels so short, I guess that's because it's so interesting.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 4 years ago
Once more with feeling...

Looks as if you're doing it again, Salandar, another great story with an intriguing main character. Keep up with your previous high standards and you should give your readers a great deal of pleasure.

BrokenSpokesBrokenSpokesalmost 4 years ago
I’m excited...

To be on this side of a rich, slow-build like this. Imma enjoy this!

IreadlesbianstuffIreadlesbianstuffalmost 4 years ago

Great story, but I'm not happy that my monthly "cry about all the abused dogs in the world" came early

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 4 years ago
Burning slowly

I love the ongoing dance between Amy and Charlie. It seems the stars have aligned to bring them together and eventually they will have to acknowledge feelings for each other.

I empathise with Amy becoming a dog mom in that for the last 5 weeks we have been parents to a rescue pup. He had been rescued twice by friends of ours. They knew our situation and wanted us to take him in. We are glad we did. It has changed our lives for the better. Much of what Amy is learning we have in common with her and in the story builds the bond between her and Charlie. You have used the love of animals to soothe the awkwardness between the two women and in the process weaved an excellent chapter to get the story moving. Thanks

ArmyGal33ArmyGal33almost 4 years ago
Oh look, a worm

And just like that, I’m on the hook.

I appreciate and enjoy the departure from the norm. Not everyone meets and is instantly enamored with one another. Amy’s battle with herself between being irritated with Charlie and finding her intriguing is fun to see play out. Not having any of Charlie’s perspective is another compelling, albeit frustrating, element.

I really enjoyed reading this and look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

i cant wait for the next chapter iv engaged well with the characters well done good to see you writing again best wished shayne

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 4 years ago

Very happy to see you posted a new story. As always, I love the time you take to build the story and this is no different. Looking forward to see where Amy, Charlie and of course Jamie take us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great start to another promising story

I'm really happy to see you're starting a new story! So far it has everything we could hope for, coming from you and your special writing! With the slow build and the complex and kind of intricate characters and storyline.

I loved how you made this first part a slow introduction. I liked the perspective from Amy's view and her growing confused thoughts towards the mysterious Charlie. I'm hooked up and want to know what you have planned for these two!

Don't leave us hanging for part 2 much longer, please!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

LitE has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to lesbian romance writers, and you are definitely one of the jewels that add to the wealth.

The Trainer is another gem. Thank you for your generosity.

Maddie624Maddie624almost 4 years ago

I love animals about 10x more than I like people...well, there are a few things out there that are rogue....but you know what I mean. Ireadlesbianstuff's comment basically sums me up as well...I weep about animal mistreatment whenever I see it, read about it, or happen to see a commercial asking for money to combat animal homelesness, starvation, etc., etc., etc...Ya get me? I am forever conditioned to react negatively when I hear a certain Sarah McLachlan song because I link it to abused animals. I brought my sick hamster to the vet to get checked out and people looked at me because the appointment cost more than the animal did...Shit, I've been to numerous islands in the Caribberan and I've traveled there a myriad to times. Once, I actually witnessed a dead horse floating in a harbor of the Dominican Republic. SO, when I started reading the stuff about the Caribbean and stray animals, especially poor dogs, I almost stopped reading. ALMOST. I remembered your other stories, however, and had a feeling that skipping this would be a mistake and I am grateful that I kept going. I feel like Charlie and Jamie may have a lot in common and both deserve to ultimately have a happy ending, preferably with Amy. You have hooked me...even though I almost lost interest after the Converse section as well, LOL. I look forward to watching the story progress, Salandar. You are one of my favorite authors and I know that it will be well worth it in the end.

2oothfairy2oothfairyalmost 4 years ago
Great first chapter

Thank you for a great first chapter, I love your character development and, as always, beautifully written. I can’t wait for the next instalment.....

avidreader223avidreader223almost 4 years ago
Amazing first part

As happens with all of your stories, I got hooked from the start! I love your character development and I find the storyline refreshingly different and intriguing. I’m eagerly awaiting the second part. Keep up the amazing work!

Clouded_yellowClouded_yellowalmost 4 years ago
Great start

Happy to see a new story from you. Loved this piece, a great start. Character building is superb, although I'm sure there will be lot more. Waiting for the next chapter. Please don't take too long. Stay safe, keep writing.

AliceGeeAliceGeealmost 4 years ago

Very nice. An excellent start and great character development. I always enjoy a story more when I can identify with the lead character and I can most definitely identify with Amy. Looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I love your character development too. You're keeping us hanging on so long...! But I guess it's fine because you write so well

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
So happy for new Salandar content!

I am entering this comment BEFORE starting because I am so happy to see another story from you. I came back to read The Mechanic again. I apparently missed The Trainer in the new section due to a long stretch on the Covid19 ward (working, not recovering). Love your work, especially the dialogue. Here goes....

QueenofthegoldstarflickerQueenofthegoldstarflickerover 3 years ago
Love!

Don’t keep us waiting too long! Absolutely love your work and excited to see the journey these two are on unfold! You have my attention!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I suspect Charlie is a lot like the strays she cares for.

Salandar seems to have a thing for lesbians with attachment issues and other baggage! :P:P:P

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The bit with Megan and Jordan was incredibly cute. Honestly, your stories are just so realistic and well-written, I had to gather myself before reading this one. You're my favorite writer here. I can picture Charlie so vividly even though she's so mysterious and that's all your merit. Amy is such a typical tourist, too. Sorry, "immigrant" lol. She does have a bit of edge to her, asking her coworker for gay spots (or maybe that was just obliviousness), dancing salsa spontaneously and taking her top off. I REALLY enjoyed her "knowing" about what being gay there was like, and then ACTUALLY realizing what it was like and her being insensitive to Lucas. Anyways. I love the setting, love that you were sensitive enough to not go "oh third world country bad but beaches good" and actually highlight the people who live there (aka the people actually doing work to make it better; Lucas and Charlie). I have a lot more I want to say but I feel like I have ranted enough. So excited to see where this is going!

DecemberstouchDecemberstouchover 3 years ago
In total awe! 🤯

Totally have an overwhelming amount of admiration for the way you tell your stories. It gives a wonderful, respectful account of places, people and ideas on a 50/50 or good and bad point of view. Completely in awe Salandar! It a beautiful way to live. Thank you.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Lovely, a sweet start, some troubles, will they be overcome. 5 stars

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonover 2 years ago

Saint-exupery! If you adopt someone you are responsible for them for the rest of their life.

Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 2 years ago

As someone who

A) loves dogs,

B) adopted an abandoned tripod a few years ago, and

C) is named Charlie,

I find myself instantly hooked and more then a little wistful that I can't also be a beautiful dog trainer in the Carribean.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Good, but no meaningful comment on a single part.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSalandar@Salandar
When I was a child, I dreamed about being a writer. Acknowledging the unlikelihood of become the next J.R.R. Tolkien or J.K. Rowling (for one, I have no middle name), I threw myself on my studies and followed a different path. Even with writing academically for a number of yea...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES