All Comments on 'The Treehouse'

by Frankenstein1962

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So cute and sexy

God I loved this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Could have been so much better.

Ruined by the wimpish ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very nice tale.

An enjoyable read. However, I do not recall the Beatles ever doing Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (which was by Elton John). Apart from that, it was well written and had a very good pace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Pretty good

Pretty good once you get passed all the typos and the fact that Elton John did Goodbye Yellow Bricked Road, not the Beatles. Great effort

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

What a great story. I liked the characters and the plot. I liked the younger times and how they discovered each other. I liked the build up to them finding their love and letting them consume them. They drifted apart and found each other. Then the fireworks started! I enjoyed the story. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Pyr pup

Funny, when we brought our last Pyr puppy home those same things happened. She was 6 months old so it wasn't just a little bit either, but fortunately it was only a 60 mile drive. She grew up to be a great Great Pyrenees.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 4 years ago
Awesome

Brings the meaning of puppy love up a notch.

GREAT READ!

5

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 4 years ago
Very nice work

...with an excellent concept. The story was well written and kept the reader engaged. I was disappointed at how Simon treated Lea during their college years and beyond, not because they drifted apart, which was understandable, but because he wouldn’t respond to even tell her something like “it’s over, don’t bother sending me any more messages.” That was a jerk move and he deserved what he got as a result.

Their reunion at the bar was funny but their late night interaction was disturbing, to the reader as well as to the participants. The anger was understandable since they were both trying to goad the other but the violence makes one wonder if they would be able to make it in the long term, particularly in light of their decision. Fortunately, the ending tied up that loose end.

Great job. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Music

I love a happy ending - romantic. However, showing my age, mention of the music the father picked to play was in serious error. The song "Good By Yellow Brick Road" as attributed to the Beatles. It is in fact a song by Elton John. I love that song. A little more attention to detail please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great read

I liked the plot, very erotic and believable.

It could use some spell che9ck but I enjoyed it

Redsled07Redsled07about 4 years ago
Great story!

I really enjoyed this story, It's nice to read a happy ending. So many things come to mind but the meeting at the beginning and continuing romance throughout their midteen years were important to the story as they'd been lovers and best friends. It's been my contention through the existence of Facebook that there's a disconnect from reality and true interaction between people has declined. We take a step back from each other and hit an emoticon or like button. If he'd answered her texts instead of making assumptions they'd have not lost those years to mutual hurt. The story was well written and enjoyed. Thank you!

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 4 years ago

excellent romance story.

Bar Conversation was funny, his remarks and comments; hilarious.

although the aftermath of the night at the bar was a "BIT" much.

first I really don't like a character driving while drunk/under influence. I despise it in real life and stories too.

The violence & how she reacted and beat him up at home. HOLY shitballs.

Little over the top, but it didn't impact the story negatively too much, in my opinion.

5Stars

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 3 years ago

I love it too much...

Another "fixie" : Florida State is in Tallahassee, not Miami.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusalmost 3 years ago

WOW! What a Wonderful Imaginative Story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love the story. Makes me wish I had married my love too.

LV4206LV4206over 2 years ago

Ok I have to take a break from reading you cuz I'm crying again. Lol. I love your stories. I can't wait to read the rest!

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

I loved many of your stories so far, bookmarked several. This one... hated it. She assaulted him, clealry injured him severely, and didn't give a shit either same day (ok, may be excused as being drunk) but even next day when sober.

If a guy did that, he'd be in jail. And if a girl stayed with a guy like that everyone would be (correctly!) screaming that you don't stay with abusive assholes even if they claim they love you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In vino veritas. That bitch be crazy. What's she going to do the next time he pisses her off?

Run, don't walk, from this toxic relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Solid story, I wished it was a little longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I agree with anon from 4 days ago... Wish this was longer. Everything happens too quickly. Loved it but wanted MORE. ;) 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Out-effing-standing. This was the fourth of your stories I've binge-read today and so far has been the best. I am now reading Full Count and so far so good. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961almost 2 years ago

great story liker the rest the story ended way too soon . I could easly handled and ten chapter's lol 5

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Simon was a total prick to go radio silent and ignore her efforts for 5 years. The drunken violence and horrible talk and teasing was way over the top. I love a happy ending, and hope this really was one. Beautifully written though. Your descriptions of emotions are terrific. 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed it, but Simon was a real asshole.

avp92117avp9211711 months ago

I enjoyed this, but have to point out a couple of things:

* "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" was performed by Elton John, not The Beatles.

* "resent bout" is a funny Freudian Slip, considering the context. You of course meant "recent".

RightSizedRightSized7 months ago

Great story. A bit confused about Lea's time in college. She went to FSU but later said she lived in Miami during college. That's 500 miles from the FSU campus.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo3 months ago

The lowest 5 I've ever given one of your stories. He was an asshole, but in my view more so in how he acted at The Bulldog than in cutting her off when she went backpacking around Europe with another man when his plans didn't mesh with hers. Yeah, he was an asshole. Later. She was an unapologetic self-centered skank first. No sex was mentioned, but it's utterly unreasonable to not expect that two heterosexual college students of the opposite sex undertaking such a great adventure together for weeks did not include sex amongst their other adventures, and even if they didn't have sex, it's just as unreasobable for her to not recognize, ackniwledge and apologize for the pain she caused him by her choice of companion fir her great adventure! But he hurt her! That's her sole focus. He apologized for the pain he caused her, but she never apologized to him. I take it back. It doesn't get even the lowest 5 . Just writing this down pisses me off. In fact I've talked myself into giving it a 3. She reminds me too much of my ex. Simon and I both screwed up. Neither of us should have married the self-centered women we did.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo3 months ago

Correction and addendum. They weren't two opposite sex heterosexual college students, or else she was lieing that the guy she traipsed around Europe was gay, which could easily be case. That little bit of information never was offered to him before they finally had their blowot brawl. He only kearned that she was traveling with a guy from her Facehook page. The fact that she never told him prior to her trip would indicate that she knew it would upset him. In real life, anyway. And that makes it more likely that her cover story later to excuse it that he was gay was a lie. Or would in real life. I certainly wouldn't acceot it at face value were I him.

LustfullySeductiveCharmerLustfullySeductiveCharmer3 months ago

I teared up because it reminded me of bridge to terabithia, and the romance was so strong in that movie as it was in this story. The dramatic heartbreak drama suspense of “will they get back together or will she continue to hate and best him up” also added to the pain, cuz at this point, it was best friends turned into romance. And best friend romance always hits a soft spot in me. I wasn’t expecting to find a story like this with the search of “Treehouse”, but man this is a great love story that hits every emotion on all levels.

01Timber6701Timber673 months ago

How could she live in Miami for college yet FSU is up in the panhandle of Florida ????? And the way that they treated each other at the bar was just so bad and then she did all of the stuff at his house hitting him,,, yet he was just defending himself against her and practically raped her their. So many loos ends in this story yet they get back together in the end

3⭐️ at the best in my opinion

rbloch66rbloch662 months ago

As far as grudge-fucks go, that was brutal… and kinda awesome. When a man says he wants a strong woman, that’s the kind he’s hoping for. Not some high-maintenance, entitled princess with daddy issues and psychotic inclinations. —— Oh, pretty good love story, too. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Nobody is as stupid as Simon was acting, if he really did still love her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFrankenstein1962@Frankenstein1962
Just submitted the last of my romance stories I have been clinging to. The next few won't be in that category. I have one "Erotic Couplings", cued up, but everything else is still an earworm. Hopefully I can find the words to collaborate with my thoughts. Cheers in 2024. Rema...

story TAGS