The Truth after Seven Years Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a handwritten message at the bottom of the last page.

Jake,

I have to go now. Leandra has created a pod that will carry both of us, and we have to head for the dimensional hole before it closes. Jake, I just want you to know that I have loved you from before you were born. You have done nothing but make me proud. I'm sorry for what I have done. I wish I could change It, but I don't have the power to do so. You can help right my wrongs, but whether you do or not, I will love you until the day I die. Please kiss your wife and any grandchildren you might have for me.

All my love

Dad

I sat back in my chair and looked around the little room. Then I pulled out my father's last will and testament. It was as he said, I had control of most everything. Of course, there were my aunts and uncles that would have a say. Still, they had always been pleased with me running the businesses, especially the ranch.

Looking further, I discovered that my father had purchased life insurance to cover any estate taxes. So, everything would come through free and clear of estate taxes. The two trusts were for two million dollars each, so my ex-mother and sister would be well set.

As to my father's requests, I would have to consider them carefully. I was only sure that I could do one of them. I felt there was nothing that I had to forgive my father for. Still, I would talk to my wife about the other two. But first things first, I had to get this will over to the attorney's office.

Epilogue:

It was Christmas time, and I was standing at the exit leading out from one of the concourses. I was wearing cheesy chauffeur's hat and holding up a small sign that read - Tanya Weaver and Family. Clutching my arm was my mother, Ashley.

It had taken me two months to finally make up my mind, but with Jenny's constant urging, I reached out to my mother and sister. When I called my mother and asked her if she would like to go to dinner with us, she cried for a full five minutes before saying yes.

Dinner was actually quite pleasant. I had Jenny and the boys with me - Mike Jr., Tommy, and Billy. My mom was so nervous about meeting my family. But she got off to a great start with the boys by bringing a present for each - three of the latest video games. Jenny treated my mom like they were long lost friends. At dinner, I did as my father requested and told her that he truly loved her, but that I had passed off this world.

My mother put her head down and sobbed softly for a few moments. Then she looked at me and asked if my father had really said that he loved her. I said that he did. She cried some more, but I could see that it had given her some peace. After that dinner, we began inviting her over to the house more and more. We even took a week-long vacation and left mom to mind the boys. I was surprised, but she seemed to have had a great time, and the kids loved having her much more than the regular babysitter.

My conversation with my sister was very strained at first. Tanya was very suspicious of why I wanted to get together with her after all these years. She told me that Dad and I hated her for taking mom's side. That explained her coolness to me over the years. I assured her that was never the case, and I told her that father's will had been found. This seemed to make her even more suspicious. I told her that I would send her a copy of it, and once she'd read it, she could talk to the attorneys all she wanted. After that, I'd call her again, and if she wanted, we could get together to discuss it.

I didn't have to call her because she called me. She wanted to know more about the trust. I told my sister that this was something we should discuss face to face. I suggested that I fly back east, and we meet. She agreed.

Tanya was thrilled to see me, which pleased me considerably more than I ever thought. She hugged me tightly when I came through the door and clung to me as she introduced her husband Sid, and their three kids, Todd, Chad, and Linda. They live in North Conway, New Hampshire, so I had flown into Portland, Maine, and drove over to their house. It was a four-bedroom house with three baths up on a hill. It was lovely.

Her husband, Sid, who worked for a local bank, seemed like a really nice guy. Their three kids, ages ten, eight, and seven, were very polite. I asked my sister if she could give lessons in manners to my kids. I thought Tanya's kids would get along great with mine. My kids were close in age - nine, eight, and seven.

The visit was a great success. When I explained to my sister that the trust was a generation-skipping trust, I think she was glad that I had come to sort it out for her. She seemed confused and a little embarrassed because they didn't have the money to hire their own attorney. So, I explained it as simply as I could. She could use the income from the trust for her lifetime. When she died, the trust would go to her kids. Tanya was thrilled with that.

When I was getting ready to leave, I asked my sister if she and her family had plans for the Christmas holidays. She said they were just going to stay home. On a whim, I invited them out to the ranch. At first, she said they couldn't afford it. Then I pointed out that she had the income from the trust. Tanya looked at her husband, Sid, who was nodding his head vigorously. When Tanya's kids found out they were going to a ranch for Christmas, they went crazy.

So, now I'm standing in the airport with my mother, who, if not for my dad, I would have ignored for the rest of her life. And I'm waiting for my sister whom I had ignored for almost a decade. I don't know where you are, dad, but thank you for pulling our family back together.