All Comments on 'The Tutor'

by JodiHutchins

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
That was so moving!

This was a beautiful story. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. You have such a beautiful way with words. Your words painted a amazingly vivid picture in my head. I have never had a story on here bring me to tears but here we are. I loved all of it so much. I truly hope there’s more to this story I could have read that for hours. Thank you for taking the time to write this and sharing it with us. You did a outstanding job. I can’t wait to read more of your work.

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Welcome

Welcome back, Jodi---been quite a while but you've made up for it with this lovely little tale. I've been a ghost story fan since I was less than half the height of a ghoul and I like this one a lot. Nice to read a romantic ghostly tale (they're pretty thin on the ground) and one with a slightly mysterious and happy-ish ending. Don't stay away so long next time.

TSreaderTSreaderover 4 years ago
A lovely story!

Lovely and quite well written! Thank you for sharing this with us!

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 4 years ago
pretty good

Welcome back, I really love these kind of stories

willo_wispwillo_wispover 4 years ago
Happy Halloween!

Damn fine story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Library

To quote the immortal bard, "There are more things ---"

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 4 years ago
Nicely done

Welcome back. And what a return you've made. Very well done. Hopefully we will see more from you soon. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Maddie624Maddie624over 4 years ago

Welcome back! I hope that you don't take what I say in a negative way because that is not how it is intended. I'm just having a bit of an issue finding the write words. The premise of this story is nothing new and your description of it being a ghost story sort of gave it away, obviously. Either Libby was a ghost or Crissy was unaware of her own earthly status, haha. HOW you crafted and presented the story, however, is where I am truly impressed. It is definitely not my first time reading your work, so I knew that it would be well-written. You managed to take a familiar Halloween or paranormal theme and wrote a story that captured my interest from beginning to end. I "hung on every word" and I could not wait to find out where you were taking it. I loved the fact that you made it so romantic by having the discovery be formally acknowledged but, at the same time, giving the reader a heartwarming conclusion where both characters would continue to carry on their relationship...Tutor/Student, Ghost/Living, Friends/Lovers. I hope at least some of that made sense. It was a great story and an easy 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Gentle delight

Thank you for this story. I’m not a fan of horror stories, so a gentle ghost storycame as a refreshing surprise here. And well written too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very Enjoyable Read

I always enjoy your stories. Thank you for this latest one. Really loved the ending.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 4 years ago
di-methyl, tri-ethyl, bi-god what a good story!

A ghost story with organic chemistry mixed in. Never in a million years would I think of those two things together.

You had me hooked from the beginning. I suspected one of them was a ghost, from the hints you dropped, but the journey to discovering just who it was was worth the wait. You have a wonderful way of crafting the scenery that makes it so pleasant to read.

Glad to have you back here!

stroudlestroudleover 4 years ago
Brilliant and moving

Great ghost story, and brilliantly written. With a tenderness about it, they way they glance at each other, the sparks through to the intimate scene. Exquisite writing Jodi, I hope you do well in the competition.

Jc

dfibvfibdfibvfibover 4 years ago
Amazing Story!

Wonderful story, as has been everyone of your submissions to this site. You have an amazing gift of painting beautiful pictures with your words. Truly in awe and worth every star you get.

All that being said, I would really LOVE, LOVE...LOVE an update on Kismet Encounter.

I'm certain I'm not the only one either.

Thank you for sharing your tremendous talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A welcome return!

I can’t believe it’s been a year either! Welcome back! As good as ever even if a bit short. I wanted to ask if you’ll be finishing your other stories anytime soon? They’re so good that it seems a shame to leave them as they are. Thanks again for a wonderful Halloween tale. You get my vote!! Much love and many thanks.

Jah7721Jah7721over 4 years ago
A true tale, much more than an ordinary story

Your writing is very eloquent, you truly have an ability to weave a tale. I was drawn in and was equally as memorized by the characters. I could easily have pictured myself in that story, thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for witing and sharing this beautiful story. You are so so talented and skilled and I felt completely immersed in a way that I have not felt while reading in a long time. Reading "The Tutor" has actually helped me very much on emotional level - It helped me realize how real my feelings are towards a certain woman in my life. I struggle with my sexuality especially in the society I live in and sometimes try to bury this side of myself. This story has gently nudged me to be more in tune and true to my feelings and myself. Maybe one day to those around me too. Thank you.

JoshsBondJoshsBondover 4 years ago
Wonderful

The story was excellent. I loved the twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
very well written story

very well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Hope...

...that I'm not going to grow old and die, (and become a ghost?), before there's a continuation or conclusion to your wonderful Kismet Encounter, but it was still a pleasant surprise when this one popped up.

My only criticism of this piece is that it's somewhat over-written. The first 2300 words are easily cut down to around 900, (I cut-and-pasted and did a quick editing job), and casual editing of the rest would also serve to make a more readable offering.

A minor criticism only. I will leave you to get back to working on Kismet Encounter.

:)

woodseaveswoodseavesabout 4 years ago
beautiful other wordly story

Thank you for lovely haunting story, so sensitively crafted. An ethereal presence floats ghostlike across the lines ......

paulyepspaulyepsalmost 4 years ago

That was awesome... not the happy ending I was seeking, but close enough.. thanks for this story and all your others. I finished and loved them all .. I hope you are working on more ... you’re a great story teller ... ❤️

Only_connectOnly_connectover 3 years ago

A brilliant story, very well told!

zimadamzimadamover 3 years ago

Couldn’t see the end for the tears. Not the HEA I wanted, more bitter sweet 😢😢😢😢😢

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 3 years ago

Thank you for a touching tale and a great ghost story I have to admit I have had a strange romantic outlook toward ghost stories since I was a little girl. I thank you with immense gratitude.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

So so soooooo sweet cute adorable ....... Lovely ...... Goes straight to my heart ...... Fabulous

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

metroalmametroalmaabout 2 years ago

Worked as well the second time!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJodiHutchins@JodiHutchins
Just an amateur writer but I love feedback! Email: itsatimemachinething@gmail.com 10/29/19 Thank you so much for the votes/comments/feedback on The Tutor. I’m sorry for not submitting a story in over a year! This year has been insane and I was pretty swamped with editing my ...