The Twelve Vitali Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,537 Followers

"I've always loved you," she said quietly. "Why else would I have done all of this? Why would I have accepted your family's bizarre laws and traditions and found myself marrying, not just you, but your brother as well? It doesn't change the fact that I don't belong in your world, with all of these people. I'm... damaged, broken, used, and putting me in a submission position and headspace when you wanted me to meet with people who would be working for me just proves that you don't think I can take on the role needed to help you lead this family. Why would they bother respecting me when you obviously don't? You mightn't have planned to follow through, but even the threat to do it showed how you feel about me and my place here with you."

"Fuck! That's not how it was, nothing like that even entered my head!" Matteo's emotions warred within him. "Believe me, I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and only you. Your submission stays in the red room, I understand that now, and I won't cross that line again... Not ever. I wasn't thinking, things had been so unbelievably good since moving in here that my brain went south. I have no other excuse, aside from the fact that my desire and need for you made me do something unbelievably dumb, and I guarantee you it will never happen again. You are not that girl anymore, Cat. You do not have to battle every day just to survive, and, if I made you feel that way, I can't apologise enough."

"I do love you, I always have. There is no need to call off the wedding, but..." Cat paused. "You're wrong. That girl who survived rather than lived for so long is a part of me, and she will always be a voice inside my head reminding me that I'm different to the rest of you. That I don't belong here."

"Without you I would have married a woman I didn't love, and Jacobi or Ricco would be getting the chair, maybe even Lucca. Without you I would still be obsessed with work and shutting everyone out of my life, including my brothers. You made me a better man. You brought me back to my family in a real way again. You belong with me, never ever doubt that," Matteo said. "You have been told by enough people that you are the reason I have started acting like part of this family again."

"I guess we both have psycho ex's," Cat sighed.

"Last I checked, yours hadn't murdered anyone," he shrugged, making her smile crookedly.

"I'm tired. I'm not going anywhere. I do love you, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to lose my mind now and then. It's a lot to take on, you know? What happened almost undid everything I have tried to do to convince myself that I could be the woman you want me to be, instead of just a whore," she finally used the word Ned had labelled her with.

"You are the woman I want you to be, you don't have to try and convince yourself, or me, or anyone of that. You are!" Matteo said.

"And Ricco?" she asked. "He knows what I was, what I put up with. Does he honestly believe I could be the woman you need?"

"More than anyone, Ricco knows what my love for you has done to bring me back to the family and the life I was destined for, he loves you too," Matteo said. "Not in spite of your past, but because of how strong and compassionate it has made you. He feels worse than I do about what happened tonight. It was his idea, and he blames himself for how upset you got." Everything was calming down, and she was talking like she normally would now. The mask had dropped, and Matteo knew they would be okay, although he would find some way to make this up to her and show her how much she was loved, not just by him, but by his family.

"Then you should probably go and reassure him that I am not going to run away or do anything more drastic than get some sleep," she sighed. "Because, even though I love you, I'm not using the bathroom in front of you, and I will have an accident if you don't leave me alone for a few minutes."

"Okay, but I love you, and we will be getting married because we love each other, not for my family or the expense or anybody's hurt feelings," he took her in his arms and kissed her lightly. "Marry me, Kitten. Be mine forever because you love me."

"Yes," she whispered, and wondered how she had ever doubted his feelings for her. He wasn't Ned, she knew he would never treat her that way, but it had all come crashing back down on her at that moment. Ned never would have released her so quickly at a single word or fought so long to bring her back from her dark thoughts. "Yes, because I love you that much." She kissed him again and then pushed him out of the bathroom with a small smile.

*****

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,537 Followers