All Comments on 'The Twelve Zenati Pt. 24'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 3 years ago
Unexpected...

Unexpected...but that often occurs in your stories. The concept of Noah stepping down from the table and away from his family, happily riding off to the edges of the world with Marcella as an equal, was a brilliant twist and one which finally has me believing he might just make the grade.

Didn’t see that coming, would never have expected such beliefs could exist within the mind of a table man, and yet I loved every bit of it and feel a bit sheepish about some of the shit I’ve been giving him since day one. Your an amazing author and this was brilliant in my opinion.

Now I still have concerns about why our boy needs to continuously dominate a woman who has suffered unspeakable abuses at the hands of so many domineering men, including those of her own incestuous family. And what about his poor choice of pet names for her...Kitten...KITTEN...really Noah? Okay maybe this one is all me...whatever...the first part still holds.

But at least, in words if not deeds, he has proven he’s not just out for his own glory regarding his intentions to claims her. And that’s a damn good start.

Excellent writing. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bravo

Unsurprisingly another brilliant chapter. I’m cautiously optimistic that this isn’t going to be a *cut and dried* outcome, even if she feels as though she’s falling for him she’s still likely to cut all ties and leave. She believes he would be miserable without the structure of the 12 tables and he probably would be.

He’s still battling with dominance thinking that letting her be in control once in a while will be enough to keep her happy, he still see her in comas a charade. When your entire life has been destroyed you either shut down like Olivia or you never let anything or anyone control you ever again just like Marcella.

I’m curious to see how will go because if he pushes to get that second part of their bargain (that she was forced to agree to) which is that he would get an equal amount of time to be in control of her then she will fight him all the way and we’re left with very few options. Will he have to let her go to win her trust? Will it be a case of *magic cock* triumphs? Will his dominance destroy her? If it does will he realise it and stop in time? If their arrangement proceeds she’s still just as likely to act her way through it and walk away afterwards.

So many options!

Love your work, hope life is being kind, thanks for sharing.

Tess (UK)

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 3 years ago

Even now, because Marcella found Aunt Bea and made the deal, they are still taking over. “Let’s let Marcella do her thing, then we’ll do ours.”

Even in that, they don’t respect her as an equal. They have to “let” her. Even if Marcella enjoys being a bottom sometimes. Please let her just give in and feel free with Noah sometimes and not give in to the Table mentality. BDSM is all about choice, and even Noah, who said he would follow her lead, didn’t really. He still came in after she said not to, and he still took over the whole day, including having to be in charge of sex. Even when she said for him to keep his hands there, he had to take control at the end of their sexual interlude. He broke their deal already. Even if he doesn’t see it that way. I can see the foreshadowing that something is going to go very wrong with the trade for the paperwork, but I really want Marcella to be successful without having to be saved by the Zenati family. She is strong alone. She can be stronger with them, but even Noah still believes she needs him. He believes she isn’t as smart or strong or something.

I love this story and am super glad you kept going, Ellie. I am super invested in all the characters. But I love Olivia’s belief that Marcella only stayed to keep Olivia safe, then Marcella will leave again. I hope she does leave before he gets a chance to turn the tables.

TitpillowsTitpillowsover 3 years ago

You are so good at this, thank you X

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Please

Noah is getting to confident. That is not something Marcella would fall in love with. Please let her go on with her life, find a different lover so Noah really has to think about his behavior. It would be so nice to let Marcella keep her strong, independent self. And that way also Olive gets its right and than maybe they will start to take her more seriously to. It will be ok for Noah and Marcella to come together but not when he has this attitude. He doesn’t respect Marcella enough to win her. He has to loose her for a while to really mean what he says about women.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 3 years ago

I know I have already commented, but I just read this again. Genesis starts to wonder if Noah will leave with her because Genesis would have been willing to leave with Olivia if his family had not accepted Olivia.

Not only did the family not accept Marcella. They tried to imprison her in a hospital by keeping her cell phone and personal effects. Genesis himself tried to stop Marcella from giving her sister a way out of Olivia had wanted one.

Noah even rejected Marcella and even after saying he wouldn’t take over actually spanked Marcella and took over several ways. Now, the family is taking over again by trying to find Miss Swann before the contract is settled, potentially putting Marcella and Noah in even greater danger. What if the Zenatti family has a mole in it like the Donati family did? Then Marcella could be walking into a trap because the family did not just do what Marcella asked, they had to go their own way and start looking for Miss Swann before Marcie finished her part.

Also, Marcella only agreed to this time with Noah because of blackmail. Yes, they have somewhat solved it, but Noah has done a lot to take charge during Marcella’s time and even said he was in charge of sex when that was not part of the deal they signed. So if Marcella runs, that is her right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
grrrrr

Actually, this was one of the better chapters, I really appreciated the scene where Marcella got to lead, but I still got quite annoyed with Noah for thoughts like "He was beside himself with the need to end this charade, but he stilled himself with thoughts of what he would do to her in retribution when he was entirely in control of their lives." - seriously????? entirely in control of their lives??????? She would never go for this, and if that's what he wants, then he's not the right one for her!!! I was hoping that the glimpses of him being more understanding and not trying to dominate her were a foreshadowing of him growing as a person who would be worthy of her, but I'm not so sure after such stuff going on in his head... You are am amazing writer, I just hope at least this story doesn't end in the same way as all the previous ones...

xelliebabexxelliebabexover 3 years agoAuthor
The protagonist

I am worried that some commenters are so quick to forgive Marcella her nature because of how she was raised but are so ready to condemn Noah when he is a product of his life too. If characters aren't allowed to change and grow together it would be a pretty uninteresting story.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think after all the Noah bashing I should point out that the man may have a caveman way of going about things but he has a good heart and isn't purposely trying to hurt her like other people in her life have done, he's trying to help her in his own misguided way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree with xelliebabex

I am a silent reader but I love your stories. Also I've been feeling the same since reading comments on last few chapters.

A story isn't interesting if everyone is perfect from the start. We need to give the characters space to learn and grow.

Since our nature is next to our skin so is Noah's. His thoughts are about being dominant because he's always been one. He can't change overnight..

Lastly, I love Marcella and I love Noah too. They'll eventually find a way to each other, and it'll take understanding and adjusting from both sides.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 3 years ago

Marcella has only ever tried to help her sister and get out of an abusive relationship. The only mistake I can really see that she made was to give her sister money to leave.

Now Marcella has done everything in her power to help her sister. She has even taken hurt after hurt from Olivia while sticking it out and loving her anyway.

Noah has tried to help Marcella, but he has done it by not respecting her personhood or trying to to find out from Marcella why she is what she is. Noah has a big heart, but he seems to me that he is spending all his time fixing Marcella. He says he respects her, but if he did, he wouldn’t need to fix her. Instead, He has done it by manipulation, blackmail, and outright lying.

I have seen Marcella grow. I have not seen Noah grow. I would love to see Noah grow. He needs to look inside and see something wrong before he can grow. It seems like he likes himself just the way he is.

The reason that I put whatever my ideas and what I am thinking down here is not to bash the story. It is to tell the author and the other readers exactly what I am thinking as I read it. Yes, Noah is a product of where he came from, but that is sort of the problem for Marcella. Noah came from the tables, who have treated her badly, and even Noah’s own family has treated Marcella badly.

I would love to see the growth from Noah.

subnotslavesubnotslaveover 3 years ago

Very clever writing Ellie, thank you.

I am a reader. As such I have always believed it to be the author's right to determine the characters they create. Good or bad, sensible or stupid, the characters belong to the author. Yes, I get fed up with the way some characters are, or how they behave at times; but I remain guided by the author about the nature and characters of those that are created in the story.

Story is the operative word here... The author's story.

Jules.

hfp612hfp612about 3 years ago

Enjoying the story immensely. There is the right balance of action, dialogue, and sex to make the characters come alive.

That said, please try to differentiate between the possessive "your" and the phrase "you're", a contraction of "you are".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I wish that Marcella would find a man that respects her and understands that the past would colour her present. You are a good writer nu i dislike most of the characters in this storyline. Even Vivienne is forgetting all that she had learned about trauma and starts to behalve like a airhead when it involves Olivia and Marcella. But you probably like those men so saidly Marcella and Noah are going to be happy together, although her past would never allow her to trust somebody that behaves like Noah.

I really really dislike Noah....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have been (and still am) enjoying this Table series immensely, more so than the previous ones. I know many people have complained about the brutishness of Noah, or the Table men in general, but, when reading about Marcella’s and Noah’s evolving relationship, I can’t help but disagree! Ellie has a talent for writing complex relations and inspiring fantasies and this is no exception. The constant battle for power between these two is intoxicating and enthralling to say the least, and I feel as if it strengthens the story, rather than takes away from it. I would also like to point out that every single time Marcella has said explicitly to stop an action, it was stopped. She thrills in breaking his resolve, in fighting him for that power, and even when it feels like she’s losing (e.g. being spanked in the car), she knew what she was walking towards. Some people want to fight for control before ultimately letting go and “losing”; it’s almost like a back door to submission, where your opponent is worthy of your submission.

Anyways, I’m going to continue to blast through these chapters so I can see how Noah and Marcella end!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES