The Twenty Year Fucking Lie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As I neared, he looked up, and I stuck out my hand to shake. "Hey mate."

He turned off the edge trimmer, and shook my hand. "Can I help you bro?"

"I was just wondering who owned this place?"

He looked around. "Some bloke named Laurence Davis. He doesn't live here though. It's just a holiday place. Him and his wife are here at the moment."

Wife... The words stung, taking my breath away. I said thanks, and wandered back to my car. Sitting there my mind going a million miles and hour. What the hell, why did he tell people Nina, was his wife, my gears meshed for a second, I wondered whether they had met Carolyn his wife here? The property backed onto the beach, maybe that would be one way for me to get a look...

"Laurence Davis huh. You say he's here with his wife?"

"Yeah mate, I think they're around on the deck facing the sea."

"Nah, I just wondered. Thanks for your help." I said as I turned back towards the pickup.

Sitting in the cab of the pickup wasn't helping my blood pressure. Wife, what the fuck.. Hitting the ignition I drove back to a car park right on the beach front. It took me a few moments to compose myself, the list of questions and concerns was growing rapidly.

I walked back along the beach towards the house. As I neared without looking to obvious, I stayed low behind the Toi Toi and flax bushes that lined the properties.

With my cap pulled low, I glanced up towards the house, and there was activity.

I guess we've all watched the cheesy private detective movies, well I tried to do as they did and look inconspicuous. I found a spot behind some flax bushes and sat down.

Laurence and Nina looked to be the only ones there. She was laying back on a recliner chair wearing nothing more than a skimpy sundress, Laurence walked over to her and passed her what looked like a cocktail, leant down and they shared a more than friendly kiss.

He laid back on a recliner beside hers, wearing only his shorts.

What the fuck... Extreme no longer measured my anxiety, if my heart pounded any harder. It was going to leap out of my chest. I wanted to just storm in there and beat his fucking head to pulp. I had to fight that emotion, reign it in tight. There would be no winning that. Unless I killed him, all that would happen would be jail time for me. I wasn't going to prison for him. Or for her either for that matter...

I lay back in the late afternoon sun and tried to take stock. How long had their affair gone on? She had worked for him since before we met, had she been sleeping with him the whole time? When I thought about it, the answer was there staring me in the face. Of course she had...

What a clueless fucking idiot I had been. All that time, everything we'd been through. It was all a lie. Our entire marriage was a sham, she had been fucking him the whole time.

As I soaked up the last of the suns rays, I started to develop a plan. I wanted my revenge on the arsehole. I wanted to make him pay. The only thing I could think of was to publicly shame him and hope that Carolyn his wife had a prenup.

The company had been her fathers, and when she and Laurence, married, he took over as CEO. Then, when her father died, all the shares passed over to Carolyn, and I guess, Laurence, clearly had shares as well.

I wondered what she would do if she found out. All I could do was amass as much evidence as I could and get it to her. Then hope she fucked him over.

For Nina and I, this was the end. I wasn't going to put up with this. Jesus fucking Christ, it was the ultimate betrayal. She turned down my Fiji trip for this. As much as I didn't want to break up our family. I wasn't going to live like that.

I watched from the dunes as they worked together cooking dinner in the outdoor kitchen. It was like watching lovers. They kissed and hugged, laughed. It became increasingly clear that this was a long term relationship.

I videoed as much of the incriminating stuff as I could, before wandering back to my vehicle. I needed a drink and something to eat. Sitting alone in a small pub with a beer and a steak, my phone rang. Checking the ID, it was Nina.

"Hello my darling. Where are you? I tried the home number, but there was no reply." She said in her warm loving caring voice.

"Just out getting something to eat." I replied trying to keep my voice flat.

"Where are the children?" She asked, curiosity clear in her voice.

"They're at Mum and Dads. I had already organised for them to stay while you and I went to Fiji. Figured fuck it. They may as well have their visit. I'm going out on the piss with some of the boys from work."

"What do you mean out with the boys? You better behave Ross."

"Don't lecture me Nina. You chose to go with Laurence, on some lame business trip rather than holiday with me. As far as I'm concerned, you can piss off. I might just get lucky tonight."

There was a long drawn out pause before she replied. "God, you're still angry over this. We can still do the Fiji trip it it means that much too you."

"I don't think so Nina. It wouldn't be the same. Plus how is Laurence going to do without you for ten fucking days?" There was no hiding my anger, it dripped poisonously from every syllable.

"Don't be like that Ross. Sulkiness doesn't suit you. Perhaps if Fiji no longer interests you we could try somewhere else?"

"Sorry, I have to go Nina. My dinner has arrived, and the boys are waiting. Good bye."

"What, I don't even get an I love you. What is going on with you tonight?"

I simply disconnected the call and tried to focus on my food. What a bitch, there was no noticeable difference in her tone, no guilty waver. No obvious shame. She sounded like she did on every other call. He was right there besides her. Right fucking there, and she was so god damned calm.

A well practised cheater.

I phoned my parents to check everything was okay. For some weird reason, I needed to hear the kids voices.

It was about ten, that night. When I returned to the house. Using the beach access again, I crept up to the house. God, the bile in my stomach churned frantically. I had never suffered reflux, but tonight stifling burning acid was all I could taste, it filled my mouth with a disgust and hatred I had never experienced.

As I sneaked up to the big glass doors, I anxiously peered in like some perverted peeping tom. There they were in the living area cuddled up together drinking wine, soft music drifted out through the open windows. This was the bit I hated, I didn't want to watch them. It stung, it hurt, but I needed this if I was going to fuck him over. Lifting up my phone, I started filming.

Nina, was cuddled up close to Laurence, her legs drawn up underneath her, his arm draped over her shoulder. His hands playing with her braless breasts through the flimsy fabric. Her hard erect nipples jutting out.

Her hand reached out, her hand on his lap moving in a short stroking motion as she caressed his dick...

That's when he kissed her, and that quickly grew into a feverish impassioned kiss.

He took control. Standing, he reached for her hand and pulled her up off the sofa. "I think we need to take this to the bedroom, don't you?"

She giggled, purring sexily. "Yes, I think that is a fabulous idea."

I shut down the phone, and moved back behind some shrubs, thinking they would probably lock up before adjourning. What a laugh, they were in such a rush, they didn't even bother.

I crept along the walls of the house until I reached the master bedroom. Luckily for me they had left the lights on, the curtains open and the windows open to allow the coolish night air breathe through the room.

Jesus, they were already going at it as I popped my head up to peer in the window. The wet liquid sounds of two bodies colliding in fervent lustful desire filled my ears.

They were naked atop the bed. His naked torso pounding her mercilessly. Her arms and legs wrapped around him like a blanket, Their mouths feasted on each other. The tiny mewing gasps of Nina in ecstasy were unmistakeable.

This wasn't something she was being forced to do.

Her fingernails raked his shoulders and back as their lust grew. I filmed as much as I could, because of the windows placement their faces were clear and unmistakeable,

"Fuck babe, I'm going to cum." He announced urgently.

"Cumming, oh fuck." He called like a baying coyote. The way Nina's hips thrust up to meet his, she was enjoying her orgasm just as much. God, I knew what that felt like. Her body writhing and shuddering through climax...

With my body shaking through a mixture of anger and a feeling of complete and utter betrayal. I snuck away. What a fucking nightmare. Back in my pickup, I smashed my fists against the steering wheel, again and again.

The pain meant nothing, it reminded me this wasn't a dream.

I started to go over the things that were important to me, and how I was going to use this information to make sure I protected them.

Number one was the kids. They were the jewel in our crown, and I needed to make sure we got some form of shared custody arrangement. I wasn't letting her steal my kids, she could fuck him till he's blue in the face, I didn't care. All I wanted at that stage was to ensure I got to see them as regularly as I could.

It was probably black mail, but I didn't care. I might be able to threaten Nina with going public with this unless she agrees with my thoughts on custody...

It was to late to organise a hotel. I ended up sleeping in the pickup. The next morning, I had a decision to make. Was the video I had enough or did I need more. The thought of watching what I recorded turned my stomach, but I did need to check it.

Sitting there parked in a slushy lay by. I hit play on the video... Oh shit, yeah it was clear, and their faces were visible. It would do all right. Then my brain froze, my body started to shake... What the fuck...

What I hadn't noticed the previous night was a huge canvas print of a photograph...

There for anybody to see, was Nina, Laurence, and my three children. The photo was of them in a tight little group. Like a family portrait. Jesus... My mind stalled, turned to frozen mush. It was a family portrait. I remembered that photo. I bloody took it.

Lionel's tenth birthday. Laurence turned up, like he did most birthdays. I had complained bitterly. He gave Lionel an Xbox. I had told Nina he wasn't allowed one, because he had been neglecting his school work. Then bloody Laurence brought him one... Good old Uncle Laurence...

As I stared at the video, there were other photos, all of them had the kids in them. I kept going back to the canvas print. A family portrait, and it was now impossible to miss. The likeness between Lionel and Laurence...

It felt like I had been hit by a truck, a fucking big one at that... Lionel was Laurence's child. My breathing slowed down... My world came to a halt... He wasn't my son...

Shit, how could I be so dumb. No wonder Laurence wanted to be my mate. He got invited to every family function. He was embedded in our life, like a bad smell.

"FUCK!" I screamed, the pickup shaking with the violence of my outburst.

Proof, I needed proof... How... What would I need? Think man, think... Yes, DNA. I needed samples, but not just from the kids. It wasn't going to be enough to prove I wasn't the father. I needed to prove it was him... The filthy slimy fucker from hell.

I parked up the street from the house waiting. Eventually I saw Nina and Laurence climb in the Mercedes SL convertible and drive into town. Obviously going for lunch.

Moving quickly, I found a partially open window and climbed in.

What would I need? I wandered around, the house full of photos of my family, my children...

School photos, birthdays, prize givings. They were all there, and not just Lionel... All three of them... Shit... Could it be true, all of them?

Google is your friend they say. I used it to find out what I needed for DNA samples.

Tooth brushes, seemed the obvious one. As much as I would like to have gotten a blood sample from his pulped face, it would have to be tooth brushes.

With both tooth brushes locked in a plastic bag, I wandered back into the living area.

Wandering aimlessly around the house, it was like their little love nest. There were literally hundreds of photos of, Laurence and Nina. They were everywhere. Checking the closets, they were full of Nina's clothes, well female ones, and it was obvious Carolyn, never visited.

As I was about to walk out the door, I spotted a photo of Nial's first day at school. I remembered that one as well. Nina invited Laurence because he was the one that organised getting them into the most prestigious school in Auckland.

Then my attention was drawn to a crystal incense burner. My mother gave that to Nina as a thirtieth birthday gift. I had asked on numerous occasions what happened to it. She always made up some lame excuse.

For some reason that hurt... In a rash moment of anger, I picked it up and hurled it into the stone fireplace. I couldn't hide the sneer as It exploded into a million broken pieces, shards of crystal spreading across the floor. I chuckled at the stupidity of it. After everything that I had found out, that was the thing that made me snap.

Damn, it did feel good though. Yeah, it made me feel light headed. I wanted more, yeah. I build this bloody house, my blood sweat and tears, yeah there were tears. This was something I poured myself into. Made me use skills I never knew I had. Shit it was my idea to put in that huge stone fireplace. I had never laid a stone in my life, but I built that fucking thing... Why, because I was building it for my friend. Friend my arse, double crossing fucker.. As my eyes looked around, I settled on the stove. Gas fired.

Could I do it?" I took me ten minutes but the rage drove me forward. I quickly found the natural gas supply line. It wasn't hard to find, I plumbed the fucking thing. I loosened the fitting on the back of the oven, just a little, not enough to be obvious, just until I heard that telling little hiss. That noise announced that the room was filling with gas. I hit the ignition switch on the element and it burst into life. That's when I panicked, god knows how long it would take to reach the LEL. I rushed outside slamming the door behind me. Jesus, I didn't even know if it would even work.

I was in the pickup heading south. Pulling up at the give way sign on the corner of the highway I heard it, The boom was that loud you could actually feel it, an ear splitting explosion, the ground shook like an earthquake.

Staring down towards the house, I could see the smoke pall rising like a dark cloud. Debris floating in the air. I should have been happy, joyous. No, I felt empty, and angry with myself for being such a dick.

I wasn't more than a couple of Kilometres on the highway, when I heard the sirens.

The drive back home was painful. My head was a mess, I couldn't stem the tears. Were any of the children mine? Had the slimy fucker stolen my whole family, my life?

By the time I arrived at my parents place to pick up the kids. My anger was beyond boiling. I felt like a volcano waiting to erupt. I forced myself to stay calm, appear to be my self. When we got home, I searched their bedrooms for brushes and combs, so I could gather their samples.

It was so hard, it wasn't their fault, they didn't know. Anger though was my enemy, I struggled to keep it under control. I yelled at them several times, and then apologised for an hour trying to make it right. In the end, I decided we needed to get out of the house for my sanity. When I suggested a movie, they all jumped at the chance.

All the way home we laughed and joked about the movie. Stopped for ice cream. Yeah, we had such an incredible relationship. Yet they may not even be mine.

That of course brought the negative energy out. What was I going to do if they weren't mine...

It only took a day. My phone buzzed. "Yes Nina."

"Darling, there have been some issues with the merger. We have to stay for several more days."

"Yeah, whatever." I said acidicly.

"Ross, stop it my love. God, you cannot still be sulking over that blasted Fiji trip."

"Nina, I'm busy okay. You do what you have to. I have to go."

"Wait." She said before I could cut her off. "Did you hear, Laurence's house in Coromandel burnt to the ground. There was a leak on the gas stove, and it literally exploded. Good lord, it was on the news and everything"

"I didn't know he had one? I know I built one for his mate, but I didn't know he had one. Oh dear how sad. Never mind." I sneered. I couldn't help it, I had to ask. "What, it made the news in Sydney?"

It took her a few moments to respond. She suddenly realised. I didn't know the house was his. "No silly." She said cautiously. "He bought that house some time ago. Anyway, the police called. There have been questions about whether it was arson."

"Boo fucking hoo. Fuck him, sounds like karma to me."

"Ross, don't be so ghastly. Laurence loved that house. He mentioned he would get you to rebuild it."

"Like fuck I will. Tell him, to do it himself."

"Good lord, where has all this anger come from?" She said in a shocked voice. "Laurence is your friend, as well you know."

"Tell him this. He didn't have the decency to let us spend our wedding anniversary together. If he was expecting any sympathy from me, it has burned down with his fucking house."

There was a pause, and I might not have been able to see her face, but I sensed fear. "Ross, I have never harbour anger like this before."

"Yeah well that trip meant a lot to me, and you fucked me over to be with him. So fuck you both. Goodbye Nina."

Wow, god that felt good. Just verbalising my anger lifted the dark cloud just a smidgen.

Four days later, I got a phone call from Nina. "Hello darling man. I wondered whether you might like to come out to the airport and pick me up?" Her voice sounded happy and jovial, full of brightness.

"Nah, I got a lot on. I'm way to busy. Get wonderful Laurence to drive you."

"Ross darling. Laurence was hoping you could pick us both up. He wanted to talk to you about rebuilding his house in Coromandel."

"Fuck Laurence. The bastard can rot in hell for all I care."I disconnected the call immediately. "Fuck!" I snarled drawing stunned looks from the team. Profanity wasn't usually my thing. I promised myself I'd try and keep things polite between her and myself until I had the proof in my hand. I wanted to be able to wave the DNA in front of her face.

I realised already how difficult it was going to be to play dumb and try and hold it together for the two weeks.

That night I got home late. It genuinely had been a shitty day. "Stay calm." I muttered under my breath as I swung open the door.

Nina, smiled warmly and rushed over for our usual hug and kiss. Under normal circumstances, her first nights back home were always full of passion and urgent hungry sex.

As she approached, I reached out and put my hands on her shoulders. "Not tonight Nina."

She glared angrily at me. "Are you still sulking over the Fiji trip. Good heavens Ross. We can go some other time. It's not a big deal."

I sniggered roughly. "You're right, it's not is it."

Her eyes stayed fixed on mine, her questioning glance darkening. The kids broke up our greeting with their own. Alison especially giving me a big kiss.

After the kids and I shared a group hug, they all went back to what they were doing, and I hissed snarkily. "I need a shower."

"Would you like some company?" She said seductively. Her voice nothing more than a soft purr. "I could wash your back sexy man."

"Nah, I'm good." I snapped back at her as I shoved past her knocking her off balance.

I couldn't control the rage. It infected everything. There was no way I was going to get through dinner with them all. I wasn't that good an actor. Fuck the shower, I pulled on my running gear and walked out.