The Ugly Bear

Story Info
Karl, middle age man, finally finds love.
24.1k words
4.9
3.2k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

NOTE: This is a work of fiction intended for adults only. The story is entirely imagined by the author. Although the name of some of the places referenced in this story is real, the businesses, people and events are pure fiction.

Special thanks to a volunteer in Literotica.com's Volunteer Editors program, neuroparenthetical , for his great editing work, his patience, and his professional advice.

Mistakes may still pop up. Those, without a doubt, are my responsibility.

© Copyright 2023/24 WhiteBeard50 - All rights reserved

THE UGLY BEAR

Old Montréal, Monday, May 12, 2025

It's a big day for Jules and Karl. Karl will supervise the construction of a new building in Old Montréal, on the corner of Notre-Dame Street and Saint-Jean Street. It's his first site management job, working for a young architect already well known in this part of town; Jules Bouchard who is, at this moment, patiently waiting with Karl for the big shovel to start digging the foundation of this low-rise structure. It's a six-story building with an architecture designed to fit perfectly into this very controlled environment. Jules waited nearly three years to get the required permits. Actually, he almost gave up on this project.

The project has a very high profile, as it will house local low-income people in apartments made for humans: space, light, commodities, and comfort. Two floors are reserved for families. Two weeks ago, Jules informed the mayor that he was abandoning the project due to the unreasonable delays in obtaining the necessary permits. He noted that several Montréal area municipalities had shown interest in his concept, and were ready to proceed rapidly.

That same day, to emphasize his point, he had the fence rental company start dismantling the fence surrounding the empty lot under the watchful eye of the most-watched Montréal TV station in the province. An uproar ensued. For the next two days, Jules ignored the mayor's calls, emails, and messages posted on all social media. The last part was quite easy to do, since de didn't subscribe to any social media in the first place. While all that was going on, he signed an agreement with Montréal-Est, an independent town further east on the island. The same reporter from the TV station plus a large number of other media people, were present when the agreement was signed at the town's City Hall. Jules' projects, which are privately financed by one of his foundations, and require no public financing, are sought after by many municipalities in Québec and in other surrounding provinces and states.

Two days later, all the required permits were hand-delivered to Jules' assistant, Chloé. Last week, the fence was reinstalled. Today, Monday, May 12, the shovel digs its first load in front of all the local media, without the mayor. This project is privately financed. No government funds have been requested. No politicians were invited. It's how Jules likes to do business, and he's good enough that it's how he can do it most of the time.

"Well, Jules, here we are." Karl, a stalwart fellow, stands next to his young boss and proudly looks at the ground surrounding them. He's the project manager. He's also the best construction engineer in town, and an expert in structural engineering in particular. "Well, Jules, here we are," he says.

"Yup!" answers Jules, smiling. "Finally. You can count on city inspectors making your life miserable, but I promise you that I will provoke spectacular fireworks whenever they try and give us a hard time."

"Don't worry, Jules. I've got lots of experience with that bunch. Most of them are very good at their jobs, and they work with you. By the way, I'd like to have Mat here when the excavation is done. A bit of field experience will be good for him."

"No objection here," Jules replies. "You know that he knows and understands very well the composition of the Old Montréal underground. He did a lot of research on this particular piece of land."

Karl sees the shovel operator make a hand signal, meaning he's ready to start.

"Okay," he says, returning a signal of his own. "Better get out of the way." Then, pointing at the mob of journalists while giving Jules a smile, "They're waiting for you, boss. Good luck!"

Jules smiles back, and they both rapidly walk around the perimeter in the direction of the big shovel. Karl joins the shovel operator, who wants to make sure he understands the details of Karl's digging plans. Jules, on the other hand, dashes for the representative of the local community instead of the journalists. A small crowd of people who will benefit from this project surrounds them. The traditional ribbon is cut by a smiling ordinary citizen to the applause of the small crowd. Then Jules goes to meet the journalists outside the construction perimeter.

*

Friday May 23, end of the afternoon.

Karl walks into the office on Saint-Paul Street, shakes the dry mud off his boots, gets some dust off his clothes, and rapidly gets to the second floor, where Mat's office is located. Actually, it's a large, open space resembling a studio more than an office, and it's located on the far corner to the left of the stairs. Here, there are no closed-in offices. His space is on the ground floor, next to Jules'.

Mat is focused on his large computer screen, his back to the rest of the floor. Karl approaches him quietly and watches him work for a few minutes. He sees a beautiful building taking shape. The young draftsman uses both the mouse and his stylus pen. An artist at work, thinks Karl.

"I can feel and smell your presence, big guy," Mat suddenly mumbles. "You smell like damp earth and diesel fumes. Get closer; I'll show you the project perspective I've drawn this morning."

Karl stands right next to Mat and bends down, putting his big, callused, and kind of dirty left hand on the desk with his right hand on the back of Mat's chair. He looks at the drawing, which is now filling the whole screen.

"Wow!" he mutters. "Where is that going to be built?"

"Pointe Saint-Charles project," Mat replies. "You know, the big multi-building construction site. This perspective is the community centre, which will include a large library on the top floor, a daycare centre, playrooms for the kids, a medical clinic, and a bunch of other stuff. Jules gave me a long list of what he wants in there."

"Euh, whose idea is that spectacular design?" Karl is astonished by the curved lines and the glass everywhere, and what looks like large pieces of wood. The style of the drawing is astonishing. It's very artistically rendered.

"Well, he tells me what he's looking for in terms of styles. He usually has a handmade draft of what he has in mind. I sketch a few preliminary drawings, then he tells me which one he thinks will work best with the other buildings or the one he simply prefers. In this case, he drew a few modifications directly on one of my sketches. Then, well, I do this. He hasn't seen it yet. I hope I'm close to what he's looking for. He wants style and function, but also something spectacular—something like a landmark, made with local products."

"Christ," Karl says enthusiastically, "little guy, this is style, class, and damn spectacular."

"After that, big guy," Mat says with a little humorous emphasis on the last two words, "you come in."

"Christ, that'll be fun. But I can't use this thing." He points at the screen.

Mat looks at Karl, who's still eyeing the building's perspective, and smiles. "You tell me what kind of structure you want, or what's necessary to support all that stuff, from the foundation to the structure of that cute multi-curve roof."

The big guy looks like a kid opening a gift and imagining the fun he's going to have with it.

"I'll need a lot of your time, Karl," Mat adds. "That means you better make room on your schedule for me as soon as Jules finishes playing with this. I warn you; he'll make this a little bit more... Euh? How shall I say this? Fancier."

"He's right," Jules says, after silently watching them discuss the preliminary sketches of the future community centre. He's smiling broadly at the sight of it. "You two," Jules working together like this is exactly what I imagined would happen when you decided to join us, Karl. Two great, talented men can only produce spectacular results."

Both Karl and Mat suddenly turn around, surprised by Jules' intervention. They both welcome him warmly. Jules is the best boss they've ever had. They trust him, and he trusts them.

Jules approaches the table on which Mat's computers, specialized drafting tablets, printers, and other things are spread, and intensely eyes the sketch prepared. The young man his holding is breath. Karl is smiling at Mat's reaction.

After a couple of minutes, Jules stands up and, looking at Mat, says, "Spectacular. That's very close to what I was imagining. No, no. That's better than what I was imagining."

Mat starts breathing again. He didn't expect such a reaction. Karl gives him a firm slap on the back.

"Let me study this a little bit more in detail," Jules continues. "Can we meet, the three of us, say, tomorrow afternoon around two? By the way, I want the whole structure to be made of wood. We have a few very good companies providing engineered posts and beams, I'll give you the list, Karl."

There's no hesitation; everyone agrees, even if tomorrow is Saturday.

"Why are you so dirty, Karl?" Jules says, sounding surprised — as though he only just noticed the dry mud on the large man's jeans and boots.

"Euh..." the big guy replies, looking at himself. "Oh! I was playing with my Tonkas in the big pit we just dug down the street." His broad smile doesn't make him look any better, but it's the perfect way to tell Jules that they're ready for the next phase, two weeks ahead of time and under budget.

"Wow! Fantastic." says Jules. "I look forward to seeing that, but my husband is waiting for me, guys."

Karl butts in before Jules can leave. "Boss? I want to bring the little guy down there now, actually. That's the only chance we'll get because on Monday the surveyors will start their work."

"Of course. But, Karl, there's no need to ask me for permission. You're the boss as far as this project is concerned. If I may, I'd like him to be there on Monday, under your watch, and interact a little with the surveyors. That would be an invaluable lesson. I'm sure they'll be pleased to talk to the guy who made all those detailed plans." Jules looks at Mat for silent approval: who nods.

"Yeah! Great idea, Jules. We'll do." Karl is happy as hell. He likes Mat, and he suspects that the feeling is mutual.

"Okay! Little guy, we're going down the street to have a good look at the bedrock."

"Yes, boss!" Mat replies.

"You have boots, I hope?" Karl asks, looking at Mat's sneakers.

"Yup."

They spend at least two hours at the bottom of that large whole discussing the quality of the bedrock. Karl suggests that the footing for the pillars along de l'Hôpital Street be enlarged by twenty-five percent.

"Just to be safe," Karl adds, "we'll do the same for the second set of pillars."

"There's a non negligible difference in elevation here." Mat points out.

"The contractor will adjust the height of these pillars with the others, don't worry. That's routine stuff."

After going around a second time, they both look around to make sure they haven't missed something.

"Okay, Mat!" Karl growls, satisfied with the work well done. "I'm taking you out to dinner."

"Okay," Mat says, "I'd like that. But we seriously need a good clean-up, don't' we?"

"Yup! We do." The big guy growls again — this time in frustration. "Euh. I usually use the office facilities. There's only one bathroom where I live — a common bathroom, which isn't very clean. So, I'll go get what I need, go to the office, and then meet you at your place."

"I have a better idea." Mat interjects. "I live much closer to you, so get your stuff and come to my place. I have whatever you need, and it's clean."

"Okay." Karl says, laughing. "Let's get out of this hole."

He sounds like a grizzly bear in heat. Mat smiles at the thought.

*

Mat's home before supper.

"Mat?" Karl calls. "How does this thing work?

Karl stands naked, of course, in front of the shower control panel. Mat runs up and rapidly walks into the bathroom, where he sees the befuddled man standing in his very furry birthday suit. Karl turns his head with a big question mark on his face. He often found himself naked with a bunch of the construction workers when taking showers at the end of the day. He notes the surprised look on Mat's face, and he suppresses his smile so as not to embarrass his host.

"Please, Mat?" he growls, pointing at the panel with his thumb.

"Oh!" Mat finally mutters. "Let me show you."

Karl moves just so to let Mat reach the panel. The two are very close together, despite the large bathroom, which the big guy enjoys immensely — so much so that he has to fight an oncoming erection.

"You press "ON" here," Mat says, blushing, "then you select the temperature you want here." Mat presses on the screen to show the different settings.

"Hot, please, little guy." Karl simply says.

While Mat is busy going through the settings, Karl looks him up and mostly down, admiring his impressive hard on. Then he walks in the large glassed-in shower and stands backward to the spray, showing his entire front to a blushing, beautiful young man. Take a good look little guy.

Mat walks out and returns downstairs, trying to cool down and loose the erection that threatens to rip his pants. All he can see now in his mind is that enormous dick attached to that big, solid, virile, hairy man. He chases those images out of his mind and tries to get busy in the kitchen, even though there's nothing to be done. It's sparkling clean.

Fifteen minutes later, here comes Karl dressed in a pair of new blue jeans, fitting him perfectly, showing off both that manly bulge and that great derriere. Up top, he wears a white shirt buttoned all the way to his neck. He's very closely shaven, combed, and smells very masculine. Mat is mesmerized.

"Ready, Mat." Karl mutters in his usual growl. "I'm hungry, little man." In more ways than one. He keeps that bit to himself.

"Okay, let's go then," Mat manages to say.

They are a bit late, but Bill, the owner of the Café Vieux Montréal, is pleased to see Karl, one of his best customers. He remembers seeing Mat a couple of times, but not much more than that, and welcomes him warmly. Bill winks at his friend, making sure Mat doesn't see.

The evening is great, the company is perfect, and the food is extraordinary. After settling the bill, they walk down the narrow sidewalk, reaching Mat's place within a few minutes.

"I'd like you to come in, Karl," Mat says, drilling Karl's green eyes.

"Yeah! I'd like that, too, Mat." Karl's growl sounds almost like a purr. That wasn't planned, Karl thinks to himself, but damn, I'm pleased he asked. Karl thinks. His manhood is too—and quite obviously, in those jeans.

Both only have one thing in mind. A few minutes later, both are naked and lying on the big couch. Mat rubs Karl's massive, muscular chest, covered by thick, grey, and black fur, while being kissed by sensuous, full lips. Karl bends over Mat's smaller body, and while kissing him, he masturbates his companion's hard cock with the tip of his enormous fingers, gently moving up and down. Karl's mouth moves all over Mat's face, munches his ears, and moves down to his neck and shoulders. Mat, eyes closed, wallows in Karl's attention.

"I love your furry body, Mat," Karl murmurs as he progresses down Mat's body. His talented mouth finds the hard nipples and sucks each one for a little while.

Eventually, Mat's cock disappears into a wet, hungry cave. "Aah, that's so good," he whispers.

A big, rough hand gently rubs Mat's balls and his sensitive perineum, then ventures to his rosebud, rubbing it gently. Meanwhile, Karl's tongue licks the thick, seven-inch, cock and its plump head. He pumps it deep into his mouth and sucks hard as he pulls up. Mat moans and grunts with pleasure. His orgasm builds up, Karl feels the tension developing in Mat's body, and a few seconds before it bursts forth, Karl inserts his huge middle finger deep into Mat's love canal.

"Aaaah! Shit! Mmmm... Karrrlll," Mat whispers as he caresses Karl's bald head.

Then he's sent on a voyage into ecstasy land. Waves of pleasure wash over his entire body. His engorged cock bombards Karl's throat with multiple explosions. Karl grunts with satisfaction. He lets go of Mat's manhood and he gets on top of him, supporting his weight on fours. He grins, looking at Mat's closed eyes; his lover is still in the embrace of calming euphoria.

Karl lowers his head and brushes Mat's lips with his. Mat opens his eyes, circles his arms around his lover's neck and pulls him closer. Their lips nibble and kiss at first, then progress to serious tongue play. Karl moves his legs between Mat's, who spreads them wide, lifting his knees and pulling them near his chest.

"Make love to me," he croons.

Karl's eyes never leave Mat's; he purrs as he lowers his hips down until the tip of his knob, half covered by its foreskin, rests on his smaller partner's rosebud. He kisses Mat while gently pushing through the sphincter until his glans pops inside. He stops and waits. His penis is very thick and long, with nine inches of shaft — straight as an arrow and currently hard as a rock. Mat breathes in deeply and nods for Karl to continue. It's not his first big tool. Karl's cock slowly makes its way into the love canal until his large sack touches Mat's body. Again, he stops and waits. Their eyes are still riveted on one another.

The sweet dance commences. Mat's legs flank his lover's strong hips and squeeze them a little, thus following Karl's rhythm. Karl's mouth rests on Mat's neck. His long and deep breaths are the only sound that Mat can hear. Mat feels his lover's cock rubbing the walls of his man-pussy and moans with satisfaction. The dance accelerates, then slows down, in alternance. Kisses are given and taken. Grunts and growls are exchanged. The rational brain is put to sleep as love and lust conquer the mind and body. Soon, ecstasy pushes in and takes the lovers into lust heaven. The interlaced bodies are but one at the most delicious moment of joy just before the ejaculation. Then, man-juice flows. The heart pumps at its maximum power, and the lungs nearly burn. What follows is a serene peace that envelops mind and body, opening the door to jouissance.

Karl rolls onto his side, facing Mat. They kiss passionately for a long time. Karl pulls Mat into a hug, and they rest for a while.

Then, the dance resumes — slowly at first, but progressing once more until bliss is achieved. The lovers repeat the same dance twice again after that.

*

Monday, May 26, end of day.

As usual, Karl ends his day at the office instead of going directly home from the construction site. After brushing off as much dirt as he can and removing his mud-covered boots — which he leaves by the door — he dashes for the showers at the back of the office on the ground floor. At this time of day, the place is empty and quiet. He hopes that Mat is still here; he hasn't heard from him since Friday. That wonderful night, he thinks, while his mind replays some of the erotic scenes.

He strips, puts his dirty clothes in a bag, and jumps into the hot shower. Fifteen minutes later, he's climbing the stairs two steps at a time and sees that the Mat is still hard at work. He never stops working.