The Ugly Bear

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, thank you," Elena answers so smoothly. "Excellent idea."

Steve feels like he's in a dream. Elena is easy to talk to, and her voice is music to his ears. She never corrects him when he uses poor language. They argue again — about hockey, mostly. She teases him about the Canadians having difficulties achieving a winning record. He tells her that Chloé has a new boyfriend that he hasn't seen yet. Apparently, that's his fault because he's too busy. The evening is again pleasant and easy going.

They're walking back to the office, where Steve left his pickup; they both knew it wouldn't have been worth the hassle to find another space closer to the restaurant. Elena has her arm through Steve's bent elbow, and she has no problem keeping up with his long strides.

"Would you like to have a night cap at my place?" Elena asks using her soft, hypnotizing voice.

"Uh... Yes. I'd like that," Steve answers, trying to contain his excitement.

An hour later, Steve is holding Elena from behind, kissing her neck under the hot spray of the shower. He's gently fondling her firm breasts while she's caressing his hard cock with her hand. They move slowly and sensually, moaning their appreciation for each other's effort.

They dry each other; she takes his hand and walks him to her bed. Elena taps the side of the bed, meaning for him to sit on the silky white sheet. She's standing in front of him; he's got eyes for nothing but her magnificent breasts. Steve is a breast man. His solid erection leaves no doubt as to his appreciation of Elena's soft, naked body. She bends down to full-mouth kiss him. Steve is pleased to see her taking the lead in their lovemaking. His hands are running along her sides, from her thighs to the level of her breasts. He lets her explore his tongue and his mouth. She sucks his tongue and lips, and then she starts downwards.

Elena kneels between Steve's muscled thighs, kissing her way slowly to the throbbing, enormous cock. Steve runs his fingers through her beautiful light brown hair and grunts with pleasure. His eyes close; he feels her lips touching the tip of his knob, already flooded by a large amount of precum. She licks it and runs her tongue around the glans and its sensitive edges. He purrs like a big cat, and she continues to sensually minister to the engorged knob. She kisses the tip, wraps her lips around the head, and takes it into her mouth.

"Aaaah!" Steve whispers. "Christ, that feels so good."

Elena slowly goes down the thick shaft, working her tongue all around it and, from time to time, sucking hard. Steve squirms with pleasure. Her hands are on the bed, holding tightly onto Steve's butt. She works her way all the way to the root, where Steve's long, thick pubic hair tickles her nose. Then she starts up and down the shaft, slow at times and fast at others. Steve starts moving his hips up and down; he's about to lose control.

"Elena..." He's out of breath. Elena accelerates her movement and sucks at the same time. She's relentless. She takes Steve's balls in her hand, gently rubbing them.

"I'm coming, baby. Let me pull out."

Elena takes Steve's whole manhood, engorged by blood, completely into her mouth, and Steve explodes. Stars fill his view; his mind is flooded by indescribable pleasure. Loads and loads shoot down Elena's throat. Steve lets himself fall on the bed, his lust satisfied.

Elena gets up and gets on top of her companion. She rubs her breasts on his hard, muscled torso. She kisses his chin, his neck, and his shoulders, letting him catch his breath. Steve floats in a soft, white fog of contentment — the touch of a woman. It's been a long time for him. He revels in the ecstasy of having sex with a beautiful woman with perfect breasts. He lets Elena kiss him a little longer.

"Mmmm, Steve," Elena murmurs into his ear. "I want you."

She rolls off the big man and lays on her side, facing Steve, who does the same thing. They kiss tenderly. Moving on her back, she pulls Steve's head and kisses him with passion. She pulls Steve on top of her. His heart thumps hard with anticipation. His hard, throbbing cock stands at the ready. She encircles Steve's hard-muscled buttocks with her long legs and lightly presses down. Resistance is futile. Steve brushes his lips on her neck while he positions himself.

Under the pressure of her legs, his glans rubs the outer lips of her cavern of intense pleasures. The feeling of his chest brushing her breasts inflames his desire, and his hard, thick manhood starts to penetrate her.

"Mmmm, Steve," Elena whispers.

She pushes against Steve's cock; she craves the feeling of her lover deep inside of her. She desires to merge with him, both in mind and body. She loves him. Steve's body starts its impressive undulations; he's both large and very strong. His hips start the wave slowly with long in-and-out movements, but Elena wants it faster. She embraces Steve's body with her arms and legs and urges him on. She moans. He grunts. He raises his upper body, speeds up his humping, and looks at Elena's face, beaming with delight. He looks at her breasts, which move in unison with his large, powerful piston. He can't take his eyes off of them, and he pushes harder and faster.

"Aaaah... Steve... Mmmm..." Elena's orgasm shakes her whole body; she pulls him in with her legs, and the powerful engine of a man above her just can't hold it in anymore. His mind explodes. His cock does, too, shooting load after load of his hot man juice deep into Elena's welcoming core. They both vigorously rock for a few more delicious seconds. The dance slows down. Their hearts' rhythm calms. Their breathing gets under control.

They kiss passionately for a long time. Steve's cock, hard and ready, awaits deep inside Elena. Her love canal grabs onto it. The dance begins again.

*

Wednesday, December 24, at the office.

Karl walks into the lobby of the office a little before 8 a.m. Most employees are already in the there. The atmosphere is light, typical for December 24. The firm will be closed for the Christmas holiday period and will reopen only on January 5.

A month ago, each employee picked a little piece of paper from a hat with one of the employee's names on it, which was to remain strictly confidential. They were to purchase a gift for that person valued at no more than thirty dollars, the place it under the huge, decorated Christmas tree in the lobby. Some of the gifts have been there for a couple of weeks, and, as usual, a few found their place under the tree only this morning.

Jules comes in with a large bag full of goodies. This year, the bag contains twenty-two boxes of chocolate specially made by an artisan on Saint-Paul Street. Jules claims that they are the best he's ever tasted. One of the employees takes the bag and empties its contents on a table set near the tree. Each employee will receive from Jules their gift when they're called upon to pick it up. A bunch of chocolate boxes are piled on a table next to the Christmas tree; one for each employee.

"Mathieu," Karl grunts softly, "don't forget, tonight, the Réveillon, you and your dad."

"Of course. We wouldn't miss it for anything, Karl."

Mathieu's name comes out first, and Jules hands him a beautifully wrapped, rectangular box with his name on it, courtesy of his anonymous donor. He then picks up his box of chocolates and returns to stand next to Karl, who waits for his turn.

Meanwhile, Mat opens his gift, and his eyes nearly pop out of his head. It's a rich leather case, obviously handcrafted by a talented artist, with his name in gold in the middle. He opens it up and discovers six high-end Rotring drafting pencils, which are set in their individual, black-velvet-covered compartments. Hypnotized by the gift, he suddenly realizes that Karl is whispering into his ear.

"I hope you love your gift. Look at the inside of the cover, Mathieu."

The inside of the cover reads: I love you, Mathieu. Karl.

"I love you, too," whispers Mat. "Thanks for the great gift. It's amazing what you can get for thirty bucks."

They both laugh, and Karl's name comes up—the last name picked. Karl goes through the same drill and returns to Mat's side. Jules thanks everyone for the great year they had and for the great work accomplished.

On the other side of the group, Elena stands next to Steve and watches the proceedings. Steve smells her perfume and dreams of the things he'd like to do with her. Supper in a nice restaurant on Place Jacques-Cartier. We walk for a long time before going skating on the rink in front of the big wheel. She invites me for a nightcap... Then he's taken out of his reverie by Jules' announcement.

"Have a great Christmas and New Year and see you in January!"

The place empties in record time — almost. Earlier, Jules asked both Mathieu and Karl to stay behind.

"You two deserve so much more credit than just a thank you, but I know your aversion to public compliments. I truly appreciate your extraordinary contribution to this little outfit. So, during the holidays, I'll be sending a note to all employees announcing your promotions. Mathieu, my great friend, you're the new director of our new technical drafting department. As for you, Karl, I promote you to Vice President of Operations. So, Karl, you'll be in charge of all construction sites, engineering, and technical drafting. You will have staff handling all the administrative stuff. Elena will head that department and will also remain my personal assistant. I'll manage the architecture and design department and a new research and development department. Mat will continue to help me with the design aspects of our future projects."

Jules looks at both of them, who are dumbfounded, not knowing what to say. He smiles at their surprised faces.

"You can say thank you."

"Thank you, boss," they both answer.

"Now, guys, vamoose."

Jules walks away, whistling a Christmas carol, leaving the lovers alone.

"I need to go home," Mat says after Jules has departed, "to wash, change, and wrap the gifts I bought for the kids."

"I'm coming with you," Karl says, a dirty smile suddenly appearing on his face.

Mat nods and grins with pleasure. He knows what Karl wants, and he wants it too. Karl takes his cell and calls his brother.

"Hey, Xavier, I'll be home in an hour or two, if it's okay?"

"Take all the time you need, big bro. It's still very early, and we got everything under control." Xavier sounds excited.

After showering together and dancing under the hot spray, of course, they get dressed and hurry downstairs to give Jack a hand. He cooked a huge cake, which Mat frosts while Karl helps Jack wrap the gifts. They argue about hockey, drink beer, and laugh at their wrapping inabilities. Jack found a friend, and so did Karl — someone they can say anything to, talk about anything with, and joke about themselves both to I and I with. Jack loves fishing, and so does Karl. Mat's thrilled, because he's always hated it.

*

Thursday, 4 June 2026, Neurology Institute of Montréal, McGill University.

Karl, eyes closed, lies in his bed at the hospital, waiting for the results of the numerous tests he has been subjected to for the past two days. Mathieu, tired and pale as a late winter's moon, holds Karl's trembling hand. Mat looks at the morphine drops slowly making their way through a long, transparent tube into Karl's body, hoping that it brings his lover a little bit of comfort.

His headaches started just over a month ago and quickly got very strong. He also had equilibrium problems and suffered a seizure. He was immediately transported to the McGill Neurology Institute. They loaded him with drugs to help battle the pain while they performed several tests. Last night, the neurologist and Karl's doctor told him that they would see him this morning at 10 a.m.

Jack just arrives; he, too, looks pale and nervous, but he keeps his emotions under control. He expects the worst, and he wants to be there for both of them. Jules and the rest of the staff are on edge at the office, waiting for Jack's call.

Bill, Karl's best friend, keeps cleaning the top of the bar at his restaurant, fearing the worst. He briefly saw his friend the prior morning. He came home crying. He couldn't believe how Karl had changed since he'd last seen him a few weeks before that. Christ, they just got married in February, Bill thinks to himself, frustrated by Karl's and Mat's misfortune. What the fuck? So, fucking unfair. He hits the top of the bar as hard as he can, never feeling the pain.

The doctors, looking grim, enter Karl's room. Jack stands next to Mat and holds him tightly at the sight of the doctors' demeanor. Karl squeezes Mat's hand and firmly holds it. You're my anchor, Mat, he thinks. He knows what's coming. Nevertheless, the verdict comes as a nuclear blast: incurable glioblastoma, stage 4. Prognosis: a few weeks. The neurologist tells them that he will be back later this afternoon to discuss what's next. They both leave without saying a word.

Karl keeps holding Mat's hand, who stands firm, taking the hit but unable to stop the river of tears. Jack remains as solid as an oak for Mat's and Karl's sake. He kisses his son on the forehead and leaves the room. He knows they need to be alone, and he has the impossible task of making the dreaded calls.

Mat bends down and tenderly kisses his lover.

"I love you, Karl."

"Mat," Karl softly says, "I want to die at home, please."

"Of course," Mat replies, surprised by his own firm tone. "I'll stay with you and take care of you, my love."

Karl sits up by the side of his bed, pulls Mat to him, and they hug for a very long time, silently suffering.

The shock of the news shakes the entire staff. In a way, it's worse than if the news has simply been that Karl had died suddenly in some accident. Jules is devastated and asks Elena to send everybody home. He knows no work will get done; he knows that he certainly can't do any.

Elena calls Steve with the bad news.

"No fucking way," he says. He remains silent for a long moment, trying to contain his sorrow.

"You should go home, Steve," Elena tells him very softly, waiting for Steve to get his control back.

"I can't, Elena," he replies with a firm voice. "We're at a critical phase, and I must be here." He breathes deeply, then he asks Elena, "How are you holding up?"

"Don't worry, Steve," Elena says. "Like you, I'm holding the fort. Almost everyone has left. Chloé is devastated. I'll see to her and bring her home with me. Jules took it very badly. I called Max to come and get him." She takes a deep breath. "I'll see you at home tonight. I love you."

"I love you too."

He thinks of Karl and Mat and tears come unabashed. Then he takes a deep breath and goes back to work. I won't let you down, buddy, he thinks to himself.

Bill, Karl's best friend, drops his phone, and starts yelling, "No, no, no. For fuck sake, no goddamn way."

Pierre, the chef, comes running out of the kitchen, wondering what the hell the ruckus is all about. He takes Bill into his arms to calm him down. Ah, non! he thinks. He knows Bill was expecting a call concerning Karl. Bad news. Shit. Jack on the other end of the line hears the poor guy, and then nothing.

Pierre drags him into the kitchen and immediately calls Alain to come in urgently, like right now. He texts one of his sons to get their asses there as well.

Bill's cell rings and Pierre runs up front and looks for it. He finds it near the table next to the fireplace. He picks it up. He listens to Jack, then tells him Bill is okay for the moment but he's taking it very badly. He assures him that his sons are on the way.

*

Karl dies three weeks later, at home, having chosen, with the consent of Mat, to die with dignity while he could still recognize him: the only love of his life. Mat lays next to Karl, holding him in his arms, while the doctor injects him through the drip tube. Otherwise, only his brother Xavier, Jack, and Bill witness the proceeding. Mat's entire family, plus all their friends and colleagues are in the other room, waiting silently. A few minutes later, they look at Xavier, Jack, and Bill coming out of the library, all in tears..

Mathieu holds on to his love for quite a while and swears to love and remember him forever.

The doctor puts a hand on Mathieu's shoulder and tells him in a soft, compassionate voice, "Karl passed away peacefully in your arms, Mathieu. An extraordinary gesture. He'll be waiting for you somewhere, out there in the infinite universe. His love for you, Mathieu, is exactly that—infinite. You know that, don't you?"

Mathieu kisses Karl for the last time, gets out of the bed, and leaves. He would have preferred to lay there and die with Karl.

*

After the funeral, Mat leaves for the UK. Karl always wanted to tour England, Scotland, and Ireland. Well, Karl, here we go, you and me. I know you'll be with me, looking through my eyes and feeling through my heart.

*

A year later, Jules, Elena, Chloé and Steve welcome Mathieu back to work.

***