All Comments on 'The Ugly Duckling'

by PaulSandarac

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
flyndanceflyndanceover 12 years ago

I really liked the story. Good work and good editing too. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice job

Liked the story and the characters, and it was very well written.

One small error- about 2/3 of the way down on page 4, Alice calls Christopher "Peter".

chastenchastenover 12 years ago
Nice story

I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Special moments

Reminds me of my first experiences with a very special girl...

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
Call me old fashioned - whatever, but.....

THAT is the way to treat a great girl !!

I liked very much the way Chris 'looked after' Alice - Superb !!

His consideration and courtesy made this story all the more special for me.

What a fantastic way to offer Alice help,without patronising her - way to go !!!!

Wonderfully written PaulSanderac - thank you for this story,made me very happy.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Extremely Interesting and well-written

The writing was velvety and the leads carried on great, instructive, and revealing conversations. For the obvious subject matter my first reaction was that five pages would be far too much but I was sad to see the story end where it did and could have put up with novel about these very fine folk. I guess my only complaints would be that you gave away too much with the title and that there was certain lack of signs of real world "evil".

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wonderful

I remember the movie from my awkward days. The story was wonderful. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Please give us another chapter or at least an epilogue!

I loved it.. great stuff man..

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 12 years ago
A lovely story

with real people in it. Delicate and beautiful. Thank you.

BelgiumBelgiumover 12 years ago
Great sory

Great story and a good start for further chapters. Please continue this romance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

a well written story, I definitely enjoyed reading

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
You successfully captured

the angst of young love. I applaud you for this wonderfully tender highly enjoyable story. I have read many 'Ugly Duckling' stories, this one was by far the best. Your characters were so believable I could visualize them. I felt like I was there.

The allusions to "A Summer Place', and Sandra Dee were expertly intertwined.

I too hope to see a sequel. Young love such as this needs to grow into something more. Your fertile mind will see that it is done properly.

A very worthy addition to your fine repertoire.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What a beautiful chapter!

Both main characters are spreading their wings...xxx

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
That was so sweet!

I really loved this story! You captured first time and first love experience extremely well! Great Job!

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 12 years ago
I am ashamed to confess that

I, a grandfather, a man, and a no softy at all (I read literotica), cried happy tears while reading this wonderful story.

PaulSandaracPaulSandaracover 12 years agoAuthor
To my readers - with humility

I am shocked, flattered, and amazed at all of your comments, and the outpouring of support for this story. When I finished it, I was very unsure about your reaction, because the erotic element of the story was not a major part of the story line. How wrong can one author be? Apparently very!!!! Somehow, without even intending to do so, but based on your comments, I managed to touch that special something all of us feel about a first love ... how I did so ... a complete mystery!!!

So the "OK story", seems to be a bit more than "OK", at least in your eyes!

Yours gratefully, Paul.

Powertool79Powertool79over 12 years ago
One of ......

the best stories I have ever read here. And I have been reading them on this site for a very long time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent!

This is equivalent in quality and enjoyment to the first "Proper Rules of Strip Poker" which is very high praise indeed! Until now that was one of my favorites on this site. Well done, Sir!

Jerry

semjastrosemjastroover 12 years ago
Sometimes . . .

Less is more. In this story, much more. I will now check out your other stories. Thanks.

TjSaxby52TjSaxby52over 12 years ago
Exceptional original take on a classic story!

Huge fan of your genius, similar to the countless others without a doubt, this is a strongly composed piece of literature that knows right where to pull the strings to trigger the right emotions. You're hands down, my favorite author and a master of the craft, keep em' coming!

-TJ

Soul_childSoul_childover 12 years ago
Aww

I love high school romance, reminds me of my hubby.. Love it!

IrfonIrfonabout 12 years ago
Very Nice !!

What a change from the usual wham,bang scenario...

Guy takes his time and SEES the quality of the person he's speaking with - and gently and considerately helps her out - loved it !!

Controlling himself, to see that his girl was comfortable and at ease - not taking advantage of her,but guiding her slowly along,while showing the way without scaring her half to death,or making her feel as if she was a lesser mortal,that's just wonderful stuff !!

That is the way to treat a girl - properly - and with loving care...Mmmmm

Top marks Author - thank you for a marvellous story - any more please ???

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
THE LIFES AND TIMES OF ADOLESCENCE

of which we all were an integral part of. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

lovely! thanks for writing.

OldlockguyOldlockguyabout 12 years ago
Great depiction of first sex

I truly respect the fact that you chose to show us first sex with no massive orgasms and no shaking of the earth beneath the two lovers. This is, of course, a retelling of a classic fairy tale, but I honor your choice to write with realism at that point.

Very touching! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Disagree

Some stories are perfect and have the perfect ending which allows each reader to continue the story if they wish.

Bravo Zulu

The movie could be called Prom Date, with the very NC 17 ending.

theo_minortheo_minoralmost 12 years ago
Sweet Story. . .

Nicely done. . . the growth of the relationship from friendship to romance and sex was very sweetly and considerately portrayed. And the story was very erotic, even without lots of graphic sex.

So. . . they lived happily ever after, right?

;)

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 12 years ago
Not the same as the original

With a title like "The Ugly Duckling," anyone familiar with the original story knows how it is going to end, but PaulSandarac has added a nice twist to the story. Good writing. Looking forward to reading the next chapter. Thanks for posting your story.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitalmost 12 years ago
DAMMIT

I've read this three times now and it just keeps getting better. You have captured the shallowness of the adolescent male very well. Then to top it off you nailed the adolescent female's feelings too. This was a wonderful story about young love and maturation--especially of the shallow male of the species.

Well Done!

sourceCodesourceCodeover 11 years ago

I've read all of your stories but this had the most profound effect on me of any Literotica story I've ever read. I'm an old 67 year old guy and this story touched a heart string from my youth. I enjoyed the respite from the straight suck and fuck ( not that I don't spend a lot of time reading that here ). Let's just say that the tears rolled down my face which caused me to realize I've become the old pathetic guy I scorned in my youth.

Crap! Life is an equalizer...

Sharkman84Sharkman84over 10 years ago
Great

That was so beautiful. Very well written

TerrytheTravelerTerrytheTravelerover 8 years ago
A really fine job as usual

I only had to back up and replace one occurrance of Peter showing up in the middle of the getting busy. Otherwise, loveable characters. Thanks for another very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ok

writing was normal. not really looking forward to reading the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well done Romance.

SW MO Hermit gave the best take!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Refreshing take on American folk ritual of achieving adulthood. The main characters are not arrogant self entitled spoiled kids. Considerate awareness and growth are developed as they molt outside of their self absorbed bubbles. Really nice writing. Not the usual Cinderella fantasy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories