The Ultimate Sacrifice Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I then returned his soul to his body. He went wide eyed, breathing rapidly.

"Don't hyperventilate," I suggested.

"What...did you do to me? How...how did you do that?" He was visibly shaken.

Good, the desired effect.

"I'm not someone you want to fuck around with. And I don't need to be present to end your life." I let that statement sit for a moment.

"Is that your wish, or would you like to meet?" I eventually asked.

Hades looked at me, "What are you doing?"

"Give me a minute and I'll explain." I responded.

"Well Enki, what will it be? Now that I've touched your soul, you can no longer hide from me. I'll know where you are, every minute of every day. So you and your siblings might as well meet me face to face and hear what I have to say." I was laying it on pretty thick.

"Ok...ok. Where and when." He was quite shaken.

"Well since you don't have the capability to go...anywhere..." I sensed he was surprised I knew about his current circumstances.

"I'll come to you. When can you have your bother snd sister join you?" I continued.

"What about father?" Enki asked.

"He's not invited to our little parlay." I responded.

"I can have them here in two days." In his mind he was already trying to figure out how to betray me.

"It will take me a little longer to reach the planet you're stranded on. I'll let you know when I arrive." I replied.

"Oh and Enki...I know you're already trying to plan a way to attack me. Just know, that will make for a very short meeting, leaving three Annunnaki very...dead. If you choose to include Anu...make that four dead."

Now he was scared. An emotion he was not familiar with. He was also wondering who the fuck I was.

Confused and afraid...perfect.

I severed my connection with Enki. Hades and I left the Observatory and returned to our bodies.

Hades, "You're going to meet with them?"

"Yes, I sensed that Enki actually might have some redeeming qualities. Besides I need to assess the threat they pose to the universe. If Anu is going mad, it may make him a bigger threat than before."

Hades thought for a moment. "You know you could be walking into a trap."

"I do and if that's the case, I'll be back on the Olympus by dinner and there will no longer be an Annunnaki."

My next task was to brief the rest of the Olympians on my plan.

After Hades and I related our time in the Observatory, there was complete silence in the room.

Then the room erupted into a mass debate. Most were of the opinion I should just kill Anu and his family. Finally Zeus got the room to quiet down.

"In the time Bob Davis has become Hector, he and I have not always agreed with an approach to problems. But he has been right more often than me. I have learned to trust his instincts, whether I agree with them or not. Let's give him a chance at peace with the Annunnaki."

There was more grumbling, but in the end, they all agreed to trust me.

I think I've said this before...no pressure.

Hermes educated me on the use of "worm holes" in order to make galactic travel possible. This would be the first time I've ever been outside of my solar system, other than the Olympus, which was just outside. Hephaestus let me use what I called a "sports ship." It was a two seater...sleek, very fast and maneuverable. I always had a thing for sports cars, so it was like putting on an old glove. Hephaestus even programmed the coordinates to the planet I would meet Enki. He also programmed the return coordinates. I guess he didn't think I was smart enough to find my way home.

Josephine handed me a backpack with food and drink. She gave me a "hot" kiss and told me she loved me. She didn't question my decision this time. She didn't tell me not to get killed, but I could still tell she was worried.

Something to come home for.

Even with the wormholes, it took me a week to travel across the Milky Way. I spent the time reflecting on everything that has happened. I remembered the night in Crystal City, when I met Josephine and Heracles. God...that felt like centuries ago, not just two short years. Then things kicked into high gear at the cabin, meeting Bron and Thret, then Apollo and Aristaeus, followed by Zeus and all the Olympians. Not to mention saving Perseus and finding Penthesilea.

Geez, I've even managed to become one of the most powerful beings in the universe. I hadn't really thought about that much. Between fighting Lilith, Inanna and Utu and the dealing with two asteroids named Houston and Texas, there hasn't been a great deal of time to reflect. Even the past year has been used up by looking for Anu. But now I was alone with my thoughts. When I agreed to have my soul and consciousness transferred into an indestructible body who possessed gifts that were unimaginable, I was deathly afraid that kind of power would corrupt me. Hell, it would corrupt anyone. But so far, I didn't feel corrupted. I had no desire to rule anyone or anything. There was a sense of "freedom" knowing no one could ever "rule over" me. Then there was that one daunting fact... I'll live forever. I don't have a "golden light" around my soul. My body will never die, because it was designed to be indestructible and adapt to any environment, not because I have an additional life force that will repair my injuries and keep me young. As long as I'm not attacked in the Observatory, I'm good to go. I guess the only thing I can do, is be the best... whatever I am...I can be.

When I arrived at my destination I conducted a scan of the planet. It was smaller in size to the Earth, but orbited around a yellow sun like Earth. The planet was located in what scientists call the "habitable zone." It's atmosphere wasn't that different from Earth, I should easily adapt. I then went from using the ships scanning equipment to my own mind. I could sense an intelligence on the planet, again similar to Earth, but not as technologically advanced. This species appeared to have evolved without the influences of the Annunnaki, Olympians or anyone else with a god complex. They seemed to be a very peaceful people. They were early on in their industrial evolution, which explains why Enki couldn't find the necessary parts he needed to repair his ship.

I finally picked up Enki. We established a time and place for our meeting. I was clear though, this was a meeting with him, Enlil and Ninhursag... no one else.

Prior to my arrival, I scanned the meeting location. I was able to differentiate between the local inhabitants characteristics and those of the Annunnaki. Enki and his siblings were in a public establishment, akin to a bar or pub. I also picked up the signatures of two more Annunnaki. They transformed their physical bodies to blend in with the locals. I had no intentions of changing my appearance.

I walked into the establishment and saw Enki, Enlil and Ninhursag sitting at a table in the rear. The other two Annunnaki were sitting at separate tables.

I could hear several telepathic conversations happening at once.

Anu communicating with Ninhursag, "Is that Zeus lap dog?" He was agitated.

"Yes father, please calm yourself. Stay in your seat until we can assess his intentions." She replied.

Enki added, "Father, you shouldn't even be here. What if he knows it already? I told you this man has powers we can't imagine."

"He's a human, what power could he hold over me?" Anu arrogantly responded.

Enlil was communicating with Ningishzidda, sitting across the pub from Anu, "Stay in your seat, but be ready to defend your grandfather."

Ningishzidda responded obediently, "Yes sir."

I sat down at the table a looked directly at Enki, "What part of this meeting was only with you three didn't you understand?" Were the first words out of my mouth.

Enlil looked very nervous and answered for the group, "We don't know what you're talking about."

I raised my right hand in a "rise" motion. Anu rose from his table. I then used the "come here" finger motion. Anyone watching could tell he was fighting it, but still, he walked over to our table. When he reached within four feet of me, I turned my hand in a "stopping" motion. He froze in place.

The three sitting across me were deeply disturbed. Enlil's shoulders slumped in that ancient "I give up motion."

He telepathically spoke to a frozen Anu, "You might as well have a seat, father."

Anu spoke aloud, "I can't move. This bastard has a hold over me."

I then closed my fingers in "stop talking" motion. Anu tried to talk, but couldn't.

The locals in the establishment were getting very curious about what was happening at our table, so I froze time for everyone but me and the five Annunnaki.

Ningishzidda watching how I had just controlled Anu, rose from his table and charged me. I raise my left hand and in a "sweeping" motion, threw him across the room, hard into the exterior wall before he got within 20 feet of me.

Enki was panicking now, "Stop...just stop. We apologize for violating the agreement."

I was angry. Not a good thing when beginning a conversation about one's survival with possibly the most powerful being in the universe.

"You're only apologizing because whatever pathetic plan you had didn't work. I said I wanted to meet with you three and only you three."

I then took Anu's soul and hurled it to the light. It immediately severed its connection and extinguished the golden light. I released the hold on Anu and he dropped to the ground like a rock. His eyes were still open, but there was no life in them. Enki went to his father's side and checked for a pulse.

"He's...he's...dead." He said quietly, not believing the words as they escaped his mouth.

He looked up at me, part fear and part rage were in his eyes, "How is that possible?"

I told Ningishzidda to come join the meeting. He gingerly got up and stubbled over to the table.

"Enki, sit down." I ordered.

"I have one question for the four of you. Do you want to live, or join your father in the afterlife?"

All four had a quizzical look on their face. Ninhursag was the bravest to ask, "What do you mean?"

I was still pissed, "I was told you were an intelligent race. It's a basic question, do you want to live or die?"

She responded rather arrogantly, "We cannot die."

I sighed, "Tell that to your father."

Ninhursag's face turned pale.

"Well?" I was getting impatient.

All four at once responded, "Live... we want to live."

"Very well." I said. Then I raised both arms, extended my hands, palms facing towards them and drew the golden light from their bodies. Their chests collectively expanded as I literally ripped the golden miracle from them. If your eyes were set at the exact frequency, you could actually see the light flow from their bodies into my hands and enter my body.

Wow...what a rush!

Once I extracted their immortal life force, all four collapsed into their chairs.

After some time Enki recovered enough to talk, "What did you do to us?"

"I took away your immortality." I said matter of factly.

All four were shocked and stunned. Then Enlil asked, "What will we do?"

Again matter of factly I responded, "First we're going to repair your ship. Then you will accompany your crew back to the Phoenix Cluster, to live out your days and never return to the Milky Way."

Enki jumped to a conclusion, "You've sentenced us to death!"

I had significantly calmed down, "No I did not sentence you to death. You will live a limited life span, just like almost every other being in the universe. I would suggest you make good use of every single day. You never know when it will be your last."

I then released the time hold I had on the rest of pub occupants.

With that, I transported the five of us back to the Annunnaki ship. After a meeting with the Captain, he was very happy with the plan and that Anu wouldn't be joining them. I promised to repair the ship and show them a short cut back to their home world. In return he promised no harm would come to any Annunnaki unless it was in self defense."

I would keep a close look on them, until they're natural lives came to an end. I wish I could see old souls entering new life. Then I could also keep an eye on Anu, Lilith, Inanna and Utu. Alas, I haven't acquired that skill... yet.

Epilogue

The Olympians threw a great feast, in celebration of the Annunnaki's defeat and exile on the Olympus. All of the civilized planets, who could attend, were invited.

I was treated like a rockstar, which made me very uncomfortable. Near the end of the feast, the calls for me to give a speech, finally wore me down. Here's what I said, after a rousing standing ovation,

"Thank you...thank you...this is overwhelming." I held my hands up, asking for quiet.

The crowd quieted down, waiting for my next words. I thought about the speeches I gave as Bob Davis. They were all polite and politically correct. As Hector, I didn't wish to insult anyone, but I needed to speak from my heart.

"All of you are treating me like a savior. I am no savior. The Annunnaki posed an existential threat to all of us. They enslaved and experimented on my species, so that humans could serve and worship them. Zeus and the Olympians drove the Annunnaki from my planet and I thank them for that.. However, they committed their own sins against my people which has also had a lasting effect. At least they realized their mistakes and finally left us alone.

Then after centuries of the human race struggling to recover, the Annunnaki returned to either enslave the humans again or destroy them. Except this time they threatened to also destroy the Olympians.

The Olympians came up with a plan to create the "ultimate weapon" to combat the Annunnaki. I am the result of that plan. They took an average human who had lived an extraordinary life, many centuries earlier, and transferred his consciousness and soul into this body. The sole purpose was to defend Earth against the Annunnaki threat.

I have only fulfilled the purpose for which I was designed.

I wasn't alone in protecting Earth. You should be celebrating Josephine, Heracles, Perseus, Penthesilea, and Athena for eliminating the threat caused by Inanna and Utu. Had it not been for Bron and Thret, we wouldn't be standing here and Earth would be destroyed. They discovered Houston and Texas in time for me to take action. Finally, if Aristaeus hadn't slayed Lilith, none of us would be here today, including me.

They are your true heroes.

Lastly, don't underestimate your sacrifice to take on Anu's forces. Your courage to aid the Olympians, in their desperate time of need, against an all powerful foe, was no small act. Without your help, none of us would be her celebrating today.

We are all here to celebrate our freedom from the Annunnaki! We all are responsible for their defeat!

Cherish each day and the freedom we have. Freedom is such a fragile thing. We can lose it, and not realize its loss, until it is too late. So let us protect this fragile commodity with ever fiber of our soul. Be willing to sacrifice everything to keep from losing it... or getting it back.

Because freedom is worth the ultimate sacrifice."