The Ultimate Team Challenge

Story Info
Ben's unusual path to true love.
5.6k words
3.36
2k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LovingF
LovingF
252 Followers

Although this is largely "Non Erotic" there is an erotic description and adult references.

The part detailing the Edinburgh Territorial Army "Executive Stretch" is gospel truth. The TA provided it so that, when people had to go on TA exercises, the organisation leaders would know what they were having to face. That would make giving TA leave easier.

I took part in one of them and Ben's thoughts and achievements of those days are my own.

Exercise Executive Stretch was available up to 2018. If it is still available, then I would heartily recommend it.

The father and son at the nude beach is based on an actual, though somewhat elevated, incident. So too is the canal swim, where a Team Leader did what Ben does.

The Grade 2 listed San Remo building in Boscombe is real and is my dream home. If one day I win the lottery....

The Story Begins

Ben woke up in pitch darkness and in a strange place. His eyes adjusted to the lack of light. All he could make out was that he was in a small room. Ben hadn't been brought before a court, or arrested, or even questioned by the police under caution. He hadn't committed any crime. This wasn't a kidnap for a ransom. He hadn't rich parents who would pay for his safe release. He didn't have millions in the bank, or even thousands. He had a mortgage which took up half of his salary in interest payments. He wasn't a celebrity who would gain his captors publicity for their favoured cause.

Now, instead of being in his Victorian 3 bed Tettenhall, Wolverhampton villa, Ben was in some unknown place and cold. His mattress was only a foldable futon. It was not very comfortable. He had not slept very well. There was only a sheet to cover him, not even a duvet.

Ben was a respectable middle manager in a multi-national corporation. He was here through choice. He had signed up for "The 5 day Ultimate Team Challenge". His firm had agreed to pay half of his fees because he would evaluate the course for other managers. Ben reasoned that this was better than the boring courses that he was sent on.

These added little to his working ethos. In fact some of the courses were mediocre. They were worse than useless since while he was on them his workload increased. He came back to a backlog of tasks.

Exercise "Executive Stretch"

When he was in his twenties, Ben had been on a "Executive Stretch" course run by the Edinburgh Territorial Army. He had been on a night exercise where they had walked across the Pentland hills with a rifle (unloaded). They had been warned that they would come under enemy fire. If they were shot at, they were to go to ground immediately.

At the briefing Ben had thought "Dive down into sheep shit. Sod that for a game of soldiers".

When they came under fire he knew that these were just blanks but instinctively he did go to ground immediately, even though he might land in sheep dung.

Then males and females from all 5 teams then went to sleep (fully clothed) on temporary beds in a communal tent.

Next day they were woken by a man playing the bagpipes. The men had to wash themselves in a large communal tent. There was no privacy as men washed themselves all over. The female tent was further away. Sometimes the door to the male tent blew open, allowing the women to see the naked men. Some of the women stopped to look but most just passed by.

A simple breakfast of bacon and eggs and toast never tasted so good.

Literally Bridge Building

Ben remembered how his team managed to put together a partially dismantled bridge over a 15 foot deep chasm. That task had a superb team leader, and Ben had never felt so proud. The Team Leader for that task had been superb. He led the team without any friction between team members and had even involved Ben who had no engineering experience whatsoever.

Ben expected his team to win the maximum points for that exercise. He expected that would put his team into the lead over the other 4 teams.

Ben was shocked when the team were awarded zero points. The TA officer said "You fell for the oldest trick in the book. You assumed that the part of the bridge you could see standing was structurally sound. It wasn't. So if you allowed a MV (motor vehicle) to cross the whole bridge would collapse.

Never had Ben suffered such an instant disappointment.

The Tunnel

Ben was appointed leader for taking his team through a T shaped "tunnel". This was just a tarpaulin thrown over a T shaped hole which was the partially flooded. A TA Major stood watch overhead. In case of panic Ben had a key word to shout and the tarp would be quickly removed.

One of the commands was to keep silence as much as possible. Ben went into the tunnel and instantly felt fear. He took a little time to get used to the dark and wet and then signalled for his team to follow. When all the team was in he started to move towards the T junction. Ben was still fearful but managed to hide his fear as he whispered instructions.

He was near the T junction. Then suddenly there was a foul smelling gas. In what he considered a controlled voice he shouted "Gas masks on." Ben's instinct was to order a retreat but he knew the task was to get to the 2 exits. He never even considered using the key word.

He went on to the T junction and said to the person behind him "I am going to the right to see if there is a safe exit. John, go to the left to check that this is safe and come back". When Ben and John returned Ben said loudly "Both exits are safe. Use them both". This was not easy since Ben and the others were still wearing gas masks.

Ben was glad that his team got 8 marks. The lost 2 was because he hadn't waited to check that his evacuation command had been heard by all, Also he hadn't said to go to the left and right alternately. Under the circumstances Ben felt proud of his command skills.

The Ultimate Team Challenge Blurb

The blurb for the Challenge read

"Can you handle an extreme physical challenge?

Could you plan a mass escape, like in the "The Great Escape"?.

Would you be one of the prisoners who escaped?

Disclaimers

You may be a "prisoner" or a "guard".

No one in the group will know anything about the others.

You must declare any medical or psychological conditions of the prisoners and the guards.

Both guards and prisoners will be staying in an underground prison.

You will be observed by a psychologist who can withdraw people who are under too much stress.

There are alarm buttons in case a person (or the whole team) wants to give in.

One of the prisoners "Richard" is a qualified General Practitioner. He will ensure any prescription drugs are taken. He also has vital information for your challenge.

All fees are non refundable.

Only about 20% of teams reach safety. Can you be one of them?

Ben's Reaction To The Blurb

Ben instinctively thought that this sounded good. After all it was less strenuous than the TA exercise. He thought back to Executive Stretch fondly. It was over 20 years ago.

He wondered how his life had gone downhill ever since. Sure he had got one more promotion but that was it. He had expected to rise 3 management levels. He had now grown fat, his marriage had failed and he had erectile dysfunction. He had suffered 2 episodes of psychological breakdown and now took prescription tablets for blood pressure.

Ben's Feelings Of Loss

He hated being in his "inferior" management position and hoped that there would be a downsizing exercise. If so he would volunteer to be released, take the severance package, move to coastal Bournemouth and live a happier life. He would find and marry a nice lady who wouldn't mind he couldn't penetrate her. Ben's erection problem was a daily cause of pain to him.

He had tried the maximum dose of Viagra but still couldn't stay hard long enough to penetrate his then wife. He tried the old fashioned vacuum pump but that didn't work either. Ben's impotence led to other marital strains. Initially Jean had made the right noises saying things like "It doesn't matter. We still love each other." But then Jean had started seeing more Kenneth, a man at her work. He gave her a lift and she spent a lot of time with him. Ken was not just any old man, he had a reputation for being a ladies man. Ken was also a decade younger than Jean.

Ben felt betrayed that Jean told Kenneth about his lack of ability in bed. It was probably this that made Ben decide that the marriage was effectively over. Jean's relationship with Ken was only going one way. They would end up sleeping together. Ben didn't want to hang around to become a cuckold. Especially as Ken and Jean were being open about being very close friends.

Ben felt humiliated. When Jean came home 3 hours after her work ended, he said "Give up Ken or give me a divorce."

Jean said "Its no more than 2 workmates getting over the stresses of work. You are over-reacting. I won't be bullied into not seeing him."

Ben said "And just what have you done for the last 3 hours?"

Jean said "What do you think? Do you think that I have given him a blowjob? Is that how little trust you have?"

Ben thought that Jean had cleverly not answered his question directly. But he thought that she probably had given Ken a blowjob. He had no trust in his own wife.

Ben said "I hadn't realised that it had come to that stage already. I just want us to be a couple together not me as an adjunct to Ken."

Jean said "I want our marriage to be happy for us both. I will not see Ken any more."

Betrayal Discovered

But then Ken found a love letter from Ken to his wife, which he sent her after Jean's profession of marital fidelity. It didn't prove that Jean and Ken were physically lovers but it did show that they had met quite frequently. Worse was that Ken gave Jean advice on how to self pleasure. That note showed Ben that it was only a matter of time, before, if his wife wasn't already, committing adultery.

Ben felt like an utter fool. He wrote a note to Jean which read "I expected more of you." and attached it to Ken's love letter. He moved back in with his father and instructed a solicitor to file for divorce. Jean made the divorce difficult but eventually decided to agree to it on the basis of 2 years separation. She could have held out so that the divorce took 5 years.

As far as Ben knew, Jean never continued to have a serious relationship with Ken. Whether she had sex with him was neither here nor there. Whether Jean was happy or unhappy Ben cared not a fig. But he was unhappy. He grieved for the happy part of his marriage. He wanted to be re-married. He looked around at happy couples and felt miserable. He envied them their happiness.

Living With Dad

Ben went back to live with Brian, his father. He hadn't realised that his Dad was so ill. It was clear to Ben that his father was living on borrowed time. In a reversal of his childhood his father had to wear nappies and he didn't. He took all kinds of pills and had injections. His Dad couldn't walk very far and was often very cranky. A care worker would come in and provide the necessary intimate washing and try to get him to eat.

In what was to be their last holiday together, Brian said he had arranged for them to stay at The Studland Grand Hotel. He had also booked a powered sand resistant wheelchair from the National Trust. After a leisurely breakfast Ben and Brian got into the taxi to take them to the National Trust welcome kiosk. Ben recognised the beach from his childhood.

They would come here, even though Swanage, where they used to live, has a beach. Ben recalled it being an adventure being in the car, even though it was only a 5 mile journey.

Retracing Ben's Childhood

Ben walked as his Dad used the powered wheelchair. After a quarter of a mile, his Dad stopped and said "This is where you, Mum and I would stop and you would play. It isn't as crowded as the main part of the beach. There is the footpath to the sand hill, which you used to love running down."

Ben recalled the child hood pleasure of running down the hill. Sometimes by himself and sometimes with his mum and dad. It was quite a struggle getting back up the hill, the sand made it difficult to walk.

Brian started up the wheelchair and continued towards the headland. Ben saw the sign "Naturists may be seen beyond this point." His father continued past the sign and Ben followed. When they were inside the area set aside for nudists,

Brian said "While you and Mum played back there I would come here and sunbathe and swim naked. Then I would get dressed and return to you both. Your Mum objected to public nudity but knew that I came here. This may be my last chance to go naked."

Brian then got out of his wheelchair and stripped naked. He stood with the help of 2 walking sticks. Ben was shocked to see his father naked. He said "My hope was that one day your mother and I would both walk naked along the beach. But she allowed me to come here for brief periods."

He turned to Brian and said "Will you join me for a walk?"

Ben stripped naked and they walked and talked slowly

His father said "I can't walk the whole way. Let's walk for a while and then I will need to get back to the wheelchair."

Ben said "I often wondered where you went. I never imagined that you snuck off to get naked."

They went back to the wheelchair. Brian got dressed in a washable nappy for the first one had been soiled. They went back to the National Trust kiosk. They phoned up and waited for a taxi to take them back to the Studland Grand. They had an evening meal together.

Ben never felt so bonded with his dad. He was glad to have shared the short time naked with his father. It implied that both accepted Brian's love of social nudity. It was ironic that neither could get an erection. The pills Brian took to save his life meant impotence. Yet Ben's impotence was ruining his life.

Ben finally told his father of his impotence. Brian said that he felt less of a man because he could no longer self pleasure or control his bladder. Ben didn't elaborate on his feelings about having an ineffective willy.

Brian Dies

A month later Brian died. Ben had never been so lonely.

Brian left £1,000 for the Studland Nudist Association and £5,000 to the Swanage Church at which his mother worshipped. The rest of Brian's estate went to Ben. Brian's will also said that he hoped Ben would use the money to move to Swanage or Studland or Bournemouth or Boscombe.

Ben took the decision not to go back to the beautiful town of Swanage. The posh village of Studland was too small so that meant Bournemouth or Boscombe. Bournemouth was affordable but very expensive. Boscombe had a poor reputation and so was cheaper. It also contained a Grade 2 listed gem. But Ben would wait before he decided to move. He would wait for a downsizing exercise and get a good payoff for agreeing to being made redundant.

Ben reasoned "Why resign now and get nothing? In 6 months I could get £40,000 in compensation"

Desire

When he was out shopping, Ben looked at single people, even old age pensioners, and hoped that one of them would say "Will you marry me?". He was lonely, even when he had his father for company. Now even that source of support was gone.

Ben tried singles clubs and had a year long relationship with a woman. But when Ben revealed that he couldn't get an erection the lady lost interest. Ben felt even lonelier. Finding a woman became an obsession. He tried computer dating but, when they met, the women seemed to sense his weakness.

Ben went to the doctor for anti-depressants. These didn't work. The pressure got so intense that he had a breakdown which meant a week off work. Then he had another breakdown which meant another week off work.

Then came the Advert for "The Ultimate Team Challenge". For the first time since his father's death Ben felt enlivened. Ben declared his psychological problems but was accepted.

The Arrival

The Group met at the hotel which would become their end point, should they successfully escape or give in. They were taken in a people carrier and blindfolded and taken to the underground prison. Their blindfolds were taken off and they went down a ramp to the prison. Then the entrance was secured by iron bars. They knew that, if there was a retirement the bars would be opened and they could walk free. But, for the purpose of the challenge. this was off limits as an escape route.

The Ben was not used to being in such cramped conditions. The room was smaller than his walk in wardrobe. As a prisoner Ben only had the clothes he stood up in. The room had a toilet which wasn't plumbed in. Any thing Ben voided would drain into a "slop bucket". There was also a wash bucket and a sponge but no shaving gear,

Ben knew that some people don't even survive the first night. They pressed the panic button and were released and taken to a 3 star hotel. The next day they had a buffet breakfast and went home. They would have spent a non refundable £5,000 on the course and got one night in a hotel and a good breakfast for their money.

A woman shouted "The prisoner is awake."

Then the torch went back leaving Ben once again in darkness. Ben heard laughter from a male voices and the woman's. They finished their conversation and then came down a corridor and opened the door. Their torchlight fully illuminated his room. Ben's eyes had to adjust to the light.

A male guard said "Stand up" which Ben did.

A female pointed her torchlight at Ben's eyes. He had to shield them. This unsettled him.

The female guard said "Raise your hands above your head" and she inspected Ben at close range. Ben didn't like her being so close to him. But he stood there as still as he could.

The male guard told Ben "If you need to do the necessary use the slop bucket. We don't have enough toilets down here. Its our version of an en-suite bedroom."

Ben wondered why he had volunteered. But other friends had tried it and survived, even enjoyed, the experience. The advertising blurb said it could be life changing.

The guards then took Ben to meet the other "prisoners". A young man said "What is your name? Mine is Gordon and this is Joan Morris and her husband Ian. And the old man is called Richard."

Ben said "My name is Ben Carter." Ben shook their hands.

Richard, the GP, read the day's instruction which said "You are locked in an underground prison. There are only 2 ways out of here, and one of them is by being dead. Your task is to find the second way in the next 2 days. The guards may disrupt any plans you make but they are not authorised to harm you. You can not harm the guards. Enjoy the simulation. The guards have put out a meal for you. You have to use your hand powered torches for lighting."

Getting to the breakfast was difficult because only one of the torches had been shaken sufficiently to light the way along the pitch black corridor. Breakfast consisted of cereal and powdered milk diluted with water.

A guard explained "We don't have any supplied electricity down here to keep milk. You have to adapt."

You have tinned meal replacements for your lunch, in strawberry, chocolate and banana flavours.

The Hot Meal

We provide you with a hot stew once a day. We heat meat and veg and cheap wine for 10 minutes and then transfer it into a cotton bag. It continues cooking as if the ingredients are in a slow cooker. The bag retains the heat from the initial simmer.

Just like a conventional slow cooker you can eat the hot food when you are ready."

The guards have the same meal but have a small bottle of Belgium beer each."

If you have any medical needs the guards keep all medicines safely for you. If you need an medically approved injection Richard will provide it to you.

The Rules

Richard said "The prison rules are...

You have to carry your own slop bucket away yourself. Empty your waste products into the large container under the chute. Someone pulls the large bucket up the chute and disposes of it.

LovingF
LovingF
252 Followers
12