The Universe Provides

Story Info
Sisters go with the flow. Strangers setup a net downstream.
3.9k words
3.81
6k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Universe Provides

"Want a hit?"

Sage turned around and smiled at the stranger, squinting through the late afternoon sun as the festival crowd milled about.

"Sure. Thanks, friend," she said, taking a puff and offering it to her sister.

"I think I'm good for now," Star said, slowly. "Really good, actually."

Sage passed it back to the stranger. "I'm Sage."

"DF," he said, accepting the joint. He seemed to only take a small hit, exhaling instead of holding before he passed it back to Sage.

Even in her intoxicated state, something about the man set Star off. She wondered what exactly he was smoking, and why he was consuming so little of it himself.

"Star," she said, looking up at him. "What exactly does DF stand for?"

The man brushed a graying lock behind his ear. "Dom Fortuna. Kind of a nickname that stuck."

"Like the goddess of luck?"

"Yeah, kind of like that," he said with an inscrutable smile. "My good friend and partner in crime always jokes that I'm an instrument of fate."

Sage grinned. "Nice. A fellow old soul. You live around here?"

"Not too far. What about you guys?"

"Oh no, Summer sister road trip."

"Nice. Where are you heading to, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well, Star's moving into the dorm in September. Until then, we're just going where the wind takes us, you know?" Sage smiled.

"That's awesome," DF said, smiling thoughtfully. "Just great. Do you go to the same school?"

"Nah, Star's the scholar," she said, nudging her younger sister. "For me, the universe just provides."

she opened her hands up wide, looking up at the sky with a serene smile. DF wondered what, if anything, she was on. Whatever it was, she was clearly enjoying it.

"She's being modest," Star said, a little protectively. "She's a natural athlete, studying yoga since she was 12. Healing work, and... what's that other thing you were telling me?"

Star popped a sucker into her mouth with a good deal more enthusiasm than the typical 18 year old has for suckers. She's rolling, he thought. They probably both are.

"The universe," Sage said, wrapping her arm around her sister. "I'm studying the universe."

Star popped the sucker back out. "Great. You can tutor me in astrophysics this fall."

DF chuckled.

"Sounds like you're both students in your own way. I know a teacher you should check out. Practical, but also a seeker. Studied shamanism in Peru for ten years. I think he has something for both of you."

Sage bounced with excitement, "I've always wanted to do that!"

Star glared at her sister. "What exactly does he have for both of us?"

DF didn't seem to hear her over the crowd noise. He reached into his pocket, and handed Sage a medallion. "Wear this, and tell him you're with me. He'll hook you both up."

The round medallion flashed under the late afternoon light. It looked to be solid gold, and beautifully wrought. On the front was a stylized rope in the shape of a spiral, tapering as it curved into the center. Scratched into the back was the inscription, "DF."

Sage solemnly put the chain around her neck, the medallion sinking into the generous cleavage pooling in her white peasant blouse. Her eyes sparked as she stood up on her toes to kiss DF on the salt and pepper stubble of his cheek.

"Thank you, friend," she said.

He smiled warmly at Star who looked on, her expression some indeterminate combination of very stoned and deeply distrustful.

"It's no problem, sister," he said. "Maybe think the universe brought us together for just this purpose." He handed Sage his friend's business card, and waved at Star.

"I've gotta go meet some friends," he said. "I'm sure we'll meet again somewhere."

Sage waved and turned to Star.

"Just float with me, sis. We always end up just where we're meant to be."

Star laughed. "Alright, sparkle pony. Let's float over to the stage before the set starts."

* * * * *

Star lounged in the back of the minivan, looking at the medallion. They'd taken the back seats out before the trip and turned it into a sort of improvised camper, with pillows, a futons, and a wooden trunk filled with supplies.

She ran her fingers through her short, light brown pixie cut, teasing a few grains of sand out left from there camping on the beach near Santa Cruz the night before. It had been a nice break from the crowded minivan, but she could really use a bath or shower. She'd so far had no luck convincing her stubborn and apparently charmed sister that swimming in the ocean doesn't count.

"Who do you think that DF guy was? It's kind of a weird thing to give a stranger, isn't it?"

Sage looked back, brushing her shoulder length, black, voluminous hair. In spite of the rough conditions, it looked silky and near perfect, the comb inexplicably finding its own way through the strands, snag-free.

"He seemed like an empathic friend," Sage said. "Maybe he just knew to give it to us."

Star rolled her eyes. "He just knew to give you his weird, fancy gold spiral necklace?"

"Sometimes things just come together like that," Sage said, vaguely. "He probably knew that we'd know what it meant."

"And what does it mean?" Star asked, a little tired. She was glad to have three more weeks on the road with her sister, but equally glad it wasn't four.

"To me, it's an inner journey. Ropes are made of strands. They're separate, but they're entwined into something bigger like you and me, and everyone. It's also a traditional way of vetting us, so his shaman knows we can be trusted on a journey to the lower world."

Star sat up, resting her chin on her knees.

"What tradition?"

"Huh?

"You said it's traditional," Star said.

"Oh yeah," Sage said. "Shamanic tradition."

"Ah," Star said. She sighed, swinging the pendant gently as she pondered taking powerful psychedelics with a stranger whose qualification as a spiritual leader, as far as she knew, began and ended with having been to Peru and knowing an older guy who likes to give presents to young, extremely intoxicated women.

As Sage take a sip from her tall boy, Star settled on trying a different track.

"Alright, maybe it's the universe doing an inner journey or whatever. But you gotta admit, it's a pretty bad guy looking necklace."

Sage raised an eyebrow at her as she took another sip.

"It's a rope spiral? Ropes and spirals, together. It's some Batman villain shit."

Star hastily swallowed, stifling a laugh.

"What are you even talking about, Twinkle?"

Star gave her a look. "Forget it. And don't call me that."

"Twinkle, Twinkle, little Star," Sage sang sweetly.

"Stop," Star groaned, slugging her in the arm.

"Sorry. I love you, sis," Sage said earnestly. "You'll see. It'll be...."

She paused for a long moment, her face taking on a faraway look.

"Epic?" Star asked, handing her back the necklace.

"Life-changing," Sage said, smiling beatifically.

Star gave her an indulgent smile, holding the eye roll until she turned over on her side.

"I'm gonna take a nap before we head out."

"Night, night," Sage said, absently, gazing at the necklace.

She turned it gently, watching the light catch on the surface as the breeze blew in through the open window.

"Oh, i get it," she said, twirling it gently on the chain. "Now I've got you, my pretties!"

"Yeah, that's," Star began, before breaking into a long yawn. "That's exactly it. Villain shit."

A few minutes later, she was quietly snoring.

* * *

"Hello?"

The curvaceous woman peaking through the open door of the longhouse walked in, smiling apologetically. "Hi. I'm Sage. I'm a friend of DF. Hope I'm not intruding."

"Oh yeah?" Edgar asked, guardedly.

"Uh, yeah. He said to tell you I'm with him."

Edgar's whole demeanor changed. He smiled broadly and set down the broom. "Hey! So good to meet you. Sage, right! Are you a hugger or a high-fiver?"

Sage gave him a lopsided grin and spread her arms, her long wrap skirt swishing enticingly as she walked towards him. She hugged him like an old friend, her pendulous breasts pressing against him through her loose, flowing top.

"I'll, uh, take a high five when you're done," said another voice from the doorway. Edgar looked up to see a pixieish girl with sharp, skeptical eyes, her outfit simple, form-fitting and stylish, if a little road worn. She was carrying a battered bike bottle, covered in stickers.

"Hey, so you must be Star," he said.

"And you're Edgar the Shaman," she said, slapping hands with him as her eyes scanned his overalls and dusty ball cap.

"Well, right now, I'm Edgar the craftsman," he laughed, taking off his ball cap and teasing out his hair. "I wear a few different hats around here."

"Literally," Star smirked. "You skate, Edgar?"

"I used to. I surf more these days. I find I'm really drawn to the element of water."

Star took a long gulp from her bottle.

"Same,"

A look flickered across Edgar's face. It was bright outside, and Star was half blind in the relative dim of the rustic building, but whatever it was, it made the hairs stand up on the back of her neck.

"May I see the necklace?" Edgar asked, turning to Sage.

She pulled it off her neck and handed it to him. He studied it for a long moment, and looked up at Sage.

"He doesn't send someone new often. He sees a lot in you," Edgar said, his voice suddenly taking on an undertone that almost sounded like awe as he squeezed her shoulder.

"That's good to hear," Sage said, serenely. "I'm honored. Star and I have had a pretty magical journey together. It's wonderful to meet so many kind spirits."

"You're close," he said. "I'm glad. It helps to take this kind of journey with someone you're close to."

"What kind of journey exactly?" Star asked. Her arms were crossed, as she stepped a half-step past Sage. Edgar backed up.

"A journey to the shamanic lower world," Edgar said.

"So, like, psychedelics and a ritual?"

"I've taken an oath to my teacher to not discuss this outside of a, uh, consecrated space," he said. "Don't worry -- I'll explain it all before the ritual begins."

* * *

"You sure he's a, holy man, Sage?"

The two were sitting in the back of the building on a bench in front of a rustic table, scarred table that apparently doubled as a workbench. Their host was still puttering inside, gathering ingredients for the mysterious journey.

"What is holy?" Sage asked, draining her glass and reaching for the pitcher.

Star shook her head. "I love you, but you drive me fucking crazy sometimes."

Sage put her arm around her sister.

"I'm not stupid, Star. I saw him checking us out,too. But come on. A stranger gives us a gold necklace and sends us to a shaman up in the mountains? How often does that happen? Don't tell me you don't want to see it through?"

Star butted her head against her sister's shoulder. "He was checking me out, and DF gave you the necklace. But yeah, okay, I kind of want to know. Besides, If his wakawaka-"

"Ayahuasca," Sage corrected.

"If it's half as good as this iced tea, it should be a pretty memorable night."

"That's the spirit," Sage said, pulling Star close.

She blinked and sat up as Edgar padded through the door. He was wearing moccasins now, with earth tone corduroy pants and something that looked to Star like a pirate shirt. And beads, lots and lots of beads. Behind him rattled a beefy wagon cart filled with drums, pouches, and various ritual implements that Star couldn't readily identify.

"Hello again," he said. parking the wagon beside the table "Rested up?"

Sage stifled a yawn. "A little sleepy, but the iced tea is very refreshing, thank you."

"I'm so glad. We'll purify the space, and then I can explain what the ritual involves."

"We're doing it here?" Star asked. "I mean no disrespect, but I'd kind of like to know first."

Edgar looked around the workshop and laughed.

"Oh no, I just wanted to show you guys what's involved first. Just listen and then you can decide if it's for you."

Star nodded. "Sounds good to me, and thanks," she said, raising her half-finished iced tea. "What should we, uh, contribute?"

Edgar gave a strange smile. "I don't ask for any payment, but you're welcome to contribute whatever you're moved to."

He laid out a circular ceramic tray with a spiral groove, into which he carefully filled with a bright blue incense powder.

"Alright," he said, lighting the powder. "I'd like you to concentrate on setting a positive intention for this journey as we breathe, in and out. In and out."

Star closed her eyes trying to look spiritual and not half asleep. She was surprised to feel Sage, slouched against her. Usually she loved this kind of crap. Well, maybe it wouldn't be a hard sell to get her out of here once this guy finished his pitch.

"Now, the purpose of this journey to the lower world is to get in touch with your animal self, and, uh the forces that guide it," he said, placing a drum on the table. "It has been carried out for thousands of years in every part of the world."

He handed the drum to Star, who nodded, trying to show interest and keep her eyes open. She tried to pass it to Sage, but her sister just put her hand on the head and gave it a little push, apparently too bored to even bother. Sage slid it back towards Edgar.

"Now, as the shaman, I'll be sort of like your captain. I'll be leading you down the spirit river into the lower world. This is a ceremonial wand. I can use it to ward off any threats to our journey, and tame any beings that try to interfere with our goals."

"Taming?" Star muttered to herself, wondering why his "wand" looked so much like a riding crop. She nudged Star, but was answered only with a grunt. She felt an alarming sensation, a vague awareness that something was wrong, but it seemed somehow distant and abstract.

"...bind the forces of the universe together," he droned on, laying out a black strap of some sort.

In fact, Star thought, if it weren't for Sage leaning against her, she wouldn't even know her sister was here. The room seemed to swim as she turned to look at Sage. Her sister tumbled into her lap, with a faint mutter. The man droned on, seemingly oblivious.

"Uh, Ed-gerr," Star slurred out. "Some's wrong wi' Sage."

"Say again?" he asked.

"Sage. Passed out!" she gestured incredulously.

"Oh no!," he said. "We should get her some help! Can you help me get her in the cart?"

"Cart? Yeah." She carefully slid out from under Sage and got to her feet. The room swam around her, as she held onto the table for support.

"Wha? 'smee too! You druggus?" she pointed accusingly, her finger weaving in his general direction.

"Oh no, no drugs," he said, "not while something is wrong with your sister! Come on, you can help catch her."

And without another word, he swept Star up by her leg.

"The fuck?"Star gasped. "Pu me down, or I'll ki-" she yawned as he lowered her into the cart.

she yawned. "Kill you."

She tried to orient herself. Her head was against the front wall of the cart, with her arms and legs hanging out at either end. She squirmed, trying to pull herself out. Edgar grabbed her wrists and quickly zip-tied them together behind the handle of the cart.

Star immediately started kicking her feet and shouting for help.

"It's too late now, and you're in the middle of nowhere. I'm in a good mood now. All you're going to do is put me in a bad mood, and that will be worse for the two of you than for me. Just relax -- that's good shit you're on."

Star strained her neck to look at Edgar, gingerly sitting Sage up and bundling her hands behind her back, wrist to elbow. She was mumbling, barely conscious, struggling to hold her head up.

"You fuggin tou-ch her an-d I will kill you," she slowly, carefully slurred out.

"Heard it before," he said, working his hand under her skirt. "Do you know your sister goes commando? Hippy girls, man."

He flipped her upside down, her skirt sliding up to reveal her toned ass and muscular legs, now flopped down over Edgar's shoulders.

Star's voice trembled. "You fuh-"

"Listen up. You keep running your mouth, and I'm taking it out on her. You want your sister running a train tonight, or sleeping it off?"

He waited. The only response was Star's angry huffing breath.

"Good girl. I knew you were the smart one. Now just relax for a moment."

Edgar lowered Sage face down into the cart, her head between Star's legs. Her lower body slumped out of the cart, sandwiching Star's face between her muscular thighs. Carefully, he zip-tied her thighs to the outside of the cart and her lower legs to the handle.

Looking at that ass sticking up in the air, he was almost disappointed that DF hadn't wanted the pixie instead. Still, it was for the best. He'd get more use out of a smart, spirited girl, and Dom loved his mappable Earth mother types. He picked up a bottle off the table, lubed up the cap and, unceremoniously shoved the neck into Sage's ass, earning a bewildered grunt.

"Alright Star," he said, slapping Sage's cheek violently. "Look up. That bottle up your dumbass sister's dumb ass is ghost pepper sauce -- hot enough to blister. If her stinky pussy isn't cleaned out and your face isn't slick with cunt juice by the time we get to inside, I'm taking off the cap and shoving it back in, you got me? I want that cunt clean, inside and out."

He pulled the bottle out and silently waited. A few moments later, he heard a faint, drugged mumble from the other side of the cart. He looked on approvingly, watching the ass gently twitch and flex, the legs pulling weakly against the handle. Life was good.

* * *

Three Weeks Later

"Hey, Edgar!" DF called, squinting into the building.

"Fortuna! Hold on! Didn't expect expect you for another hour."

He popped his head out into the early fall day.

"Sorry, Still putting the finishing touches on."

"No you're not," DF said, slapping his friend's back. "You just want another hour to admire your own work."

Edgar laughed. "Well, the younger one I'm still working on, but I gotta say, yours turned out pretty well."

"Are you sure she's ready? Usually it takes at least twice as long."

Edgar just winked and clapped his hands theatrically. He was rewarded with the faint sound of a crop striking flesh echoing from deep inside the building.

DF gasped involuntarily as Edgar ushered him through the door. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he saw Sage walking slowly, a stunning body, stunningly presented. Gone were the flowing skirts and loose blouses. Now, she was dressed in a black leather bustier, her breasts displayed in half cups that thrust them almost to her chin.

On each nipple was an ornate golden shield, anchored by both vertical and horizontal piercings. Her legs were encased in tight, thigh-high boots with delicate stiletto heels, forcing her to take mincing steps. Around her neck was the necklace DF had given her just a few weeks before.

DF was surprised to see her carrying a crop in her right hand, until he noticed the other girl, crawling on the ground. Star's outfit was much more utilitarian slave training gear. Her knees were doubled over in leather sleeves, and her hands were encased in tight padded mitts. Her mouth was held open by a ring gag, and around her neck was a collar, clipped to a short leather leash which Sage held in her left hand.

Sage stopped and pulled the leash upwards, as Star sullenly stared at the ground, refusing to budge. A moment later, Sage flicked the crop sharply against her sister's backside, causing the slave to plop it down on the ground with a whimper.

DF carefully removed the necklace around Sage's neck and put it back in his pocket. He knelt down, running his hand along her bald mound, the spiral tattoo that served as his brand almost completely healed. He smiled at the little addition written in a delicate script around the top half of the spiral.

12