All Comments on 'The Vacation'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Great story! I liked the last line.

5

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Simply wonderful love story. You hit all the notes perfectly. This one becomes a favorite for me. I will revisit it often. It gives me hope for the future if and when my wife passes before me. Thanks for that.

5 stars

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

I am currently living the opening to this story. I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs. I'm sorry but this one was too much for me... maybe one day i can read it in its entirety.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

A heartwarmingly hopeful and serendipitous story that I’m sure strikes very close to home for many aging survivors of death, divorce, or just loneliness in general. ‘Happy ever after’ is a very nice way to start your day. Thank you very much.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

That was a lovely 5* romance. Set me up for a day of working to pay the bills!

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Wonderful story! Some pain but lots of love and affection!

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent story! Just loved it. 5 BIG FAT STARS!

FireFox59FireFox59over 1 year ago

Wonderful story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hmmm…filled with typos. I’ve read enough of these stories to know that you intended Jennifer to be half John’s age with 38DDD breasts. 😉 A story about older age mates falling in love is very unlikely on this site, so I must applaud your willingness to write a story filled with hope. Your writing is strong….as usual. The story line just felt right. Thanks!

ewill86ewill86over 1 year ago

Wonderfully well-done story! Very well crafted. We all die at one thousand, four hundred and forty minutes the day, and very few of us know when the end will come. The most honest, and loving, way to live is to try to always be ready to fill each moment with truth, joy, and love, for one another.

Thank you, Just_Words. Your words are among the best ever - Five+ Gibbous Stars!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

This story was so well-crafted and it flows like melted butter! The tone, the plot, everything took me higher and higher. Thanks! Love it!! 5+++/5!

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

wonderfully romantic.5⭐

tender, soft, relaxing, comforting, optimistic.

A man and a woman without love for decades.

there is no age to love.

present love or past love, what happiness to be able to love until the last day of our lives.

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 1 year ago

Lovely, gentle story, well written. Thankyou

des911des911over 1 year ago

Lovely. A nice gentle story, well told. Thank you

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Too much sex.... no, I don't think so, just the right amount to make the story believable. Loved how things just seemed to flow along smoothly, probably because both John and Jenn were past the age of drama and all the other crap that goes with being young and horny. Five stars only because there aren't more stars to give. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Worth 6 or 7 stars!

stewartbstewartbover 1 year ago

This story goes up ...1...2...3...4...5...BONG !

MysticMysteryMysticMysteryover 1 year ago

Loves it, great writing

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Wonderful story of life. *****

GriscomGriscomover 1 year ago

Nice and sweet.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

Bravo-Zulu, truly an enjoying read of what could be (since I'm 2yrs older then John). Yes, we all have wishes, dreams and desires, some are lucky enough to find and live them and many of us do not.

\

5.5*****, Hooyah, Salutes... I'm a Sr Eng(retired) and ex-USN-CPO, too.

Gram1Gram1over 1 year ago

Thank you. A truly wonderful story!

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

What a nice story! The story itself is sweet and interesting and the characters are likable and well-developed. I particularly enjoy the actual setting, well-described.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

rnebularrnebularover 1 year ago

Love this sweet romance, thanks for sharing. It wasn't too syrupy for me, and was nice to see these two connect and enjoy each other.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

A wonderful, uplifting seasoned romance. As someone older than John's 65 years, I greatly appreciate your efforts in crafting this story. Thank you! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Superb, worth’s 5 1/2 stars, only which it happened to me!

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

Another good one. I am also over the 65 mark, have a wife with dementia but she beat depression (thanks to Diazapam) and we're just clicking along. Thanks for sharing.

reader1000reader1000over 1 year ago

Just fun throughout. Good back stories. Strong character development. Steady plot. No surprises but relatable people and believable story line. Well done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lots of typos. Overuse of the term “with that.” People generally don’t talk in long, drawn out paragraphs. Seemed stilted at times as a result. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A story different than the norm here, a good thing! I can relate having just turned 65. Single for 22 years I find women friends and enjoy a simple life. Thank you for a good tale.

somewhere east of Omaha

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Beautiful love story!

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

Good for you! Both of them deserve happiness.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66over 1 year ago

This author writes the same story, over, and over, and over. This is at least the third time. And, they never went to dinner.

tomol111tomol111about 1 year ago

Lovely story! The last line had me rolling on the floor.

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

The epilogue was so male lol.

ChopinesqueChopinesque10 months ago

Rereading this was a pleasure. Sweet happy romance.

J6480J64809 months ago

Wonderful tale

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful story loved it.BardnotBard

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...