All Comments on 'The Valentine's Dance'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
one of the best pieces i've ever read here on the page

Sanding O & 5 stars.

VetusNoctuaVetusNoctuaover 4 years ago

Lovely period piece! Congratulations on an excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

I like this type of love story. My grandfather was 44 when he married my grandmother who was 28.. He was 54 when Mom was born. Grandmother was also a teacher before they married. In the 1920s you could teach with a 8th grade diploma but you could not be married. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Congratulations

Well done. Carefully developed and written. At first I was not a fan of the temporal shifts, but they grew on me.

apollo_XIapollo_XIover 4 years ago

Amazing

Very nice love story. Took a while to figure out why in the Mature category. There were a few tears. Well done and looking guard to reading more of your works.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 4 years ago

Great Story

Very well written. I'll have to read more of your work now. Keep Writing!

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Fantastic

Outstanding story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story!

A well written story. I liked it. Please continue creating new stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Among the very best

Not what I usually read, but this was more about real life. It was extremely well written and I enjoyed it from start to finish.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Thank you to all who've read, commented on, voted on, or favorited this story. I appreciate all of the feedback you've offered in whatever form and am glad that it touches some of you in a way similar to the way it did me while I was writing it. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Valentine's Dance

I too am a product of an older man of 27 years older than my mother. He was 41 and she 14. They were married 41 years and had eleven children with me being the eldest of eight boys and three girls. Unlike Jeremiah, while being the oldest, I was female, and coming from a culture that discounted women, I was in a constant battle to fight double standards and equal treatment for both genders. Your story was wonderful. I sort of wished that I could have had an older supportive brother like him. It would have made all the difference. thank you for all your beautiful writing. You are a favorite of mine now.

tlc656tlc656about 3 years ago

Wow! This was an awesome story. Thanks so much for sharing it.

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

I was captivated the entire way through. I am an old country boy myself and I know and understand

the ways of the world back then. In fact I am more at peace with them than I am in this modern time

I am 72 years old and while my pathway has been different it was/is the same except I never met my

Carli

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

What a ride!! Great story.

Tall78701Tall78701over 1 year ago

This story is a little longer than most posted to Literotica and has a little less explicit sex than some readers might enjoy. However, it is a very romantic and believable tale of a 19th-century American family surviving after the horror of the Civil War. I am a history buff myself, and I found the story’s take on the social norms of the day very interesting and enlightening. Even twenty-four hours later, I find myself thinking about it and rolling it around in my head. My only suggestion was that as there were six daughters in the story, the author could have added more small physical descriptions of the girls to help personalize them. Other than that, a perfect and memorable story. Five stars.

shopratshoprat5 months ago

Great story. The characters were so well developed, I almost felt like I was in the middle of a dramatic series (e.g, Downton Abby :) ) Excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well crafted, realistic prose, with great characters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

SIMILAR Stories