All Comments on 'The Valley Road'

by HLD

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Great

Glad to see a new story by you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent and captivating

Once I started this story I could not stop reading. You made this old guy tear up more than once. Quan and Maria graduated from high school one year after me and I was stationed with southerners in the Air Force so have a feel for how things may have been (or still are) in the South. And I am afraid we may be sliding back toward the Jim Crow era with the way children and toddlers are treated on our southern border by our current administration. Thank you for sharing this with me. I will be reading more of your writings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic Read

Thank you very much for sharing your words. A beautiful story that touched home.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 4 years ago
That was a very touching story

I loved it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank You!

I have no words. Thank you for yours.

The_WatermanThe_Watermanabout 4 years ago
Wow!

Fantastic story! 'nuf said.

The_WatermanThe_Watermanabout 4 years ago
Wow!

A great read, captivating.

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 4 years ago
Incredible story, a lovely "historical" fiction

What a novelty to pair a Korean with a Southern Belle. :)

I enjoyed how you employed present-day circumstances paired with flashing back to the past: there's many possible pitfalls there, but you avoided them all and balanced using both past and present very well. The only thing better was reuniting them in such a tender and touching way that from them rejoining and María meeting her long-lost son, it was nothing short of magical--yet VERY believable--while being very real.

I tip my hat to your excellent storytelling, and I loved reading about Quan and María's reignited romance. A 5 hands down! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderful

What a fantastic romantic story. I was in tears.

Thank you!!

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 4 years ago
A Personal Comment.

As the only practicing Jew in a high school of 2,500, in 1964, I know exactly what both the main characters went through. There was not one girl in the school who would date "that Jew boy". Thank God my wife of nearly 50 years went to a far more enlightened Seattle area school. Fantastic story!

DoctimeDoctimeover 3 years ago

A wonderful romantic read.

DarknsDarknsalmost 2 years ago

A beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A very nice story. My dad would have stopped the college payments and told me to not come home if he knew I had a black boyfriend or a lot of other different people too. But I did for several months. Twenty years later my older sister admitted she'd slept with several black men since college, "dad would have had a coronary and Charlie (husband) would have left." I laughed but didn't admit anything myself and let her continue, but about six months later, there I was in bed with a nice big black gentleman.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHLD@HLD
2/12/22 All 10 parts of "Super Friends With Benefits" have now been posted. This has been an interesting story to write. I started this as a stroke story with a little bit of a new angle I haven’t written before, but then a love story broke out. Along the way, I chose to ...

SIMILAR Stories