The View From the 23rd Floor Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hi Danni, what's wrong?" Audrie asked as soon as she answered.

"I just realized that I'm still wearing the bracelet."

"So? You called me for that?"

"But Audrie, I have to go to work! Daniel can't be seen wearing this thing!"

"You mean that wonderful gift that is so symbolic of our love?" She said, in an angry tone.

Danni paused, beginning to understand her mistake.

Audrie continued. "We've been through this so many times before. With your nails, your ears, and your eyebrows. No one ever notices. So, I don't consider this an emergency. And besides, your lovely bracelet will be covered by your shirt and suitcoat. Goodbye!" and she hung up.

"Shit!" was Danni's only response, after she heard the click.

Depressed and worried, she put on her Daniel costume and checked herself in the mirror, waving her arm around to see if the bracelet was visible.

And it was. Especially the dangling, intertwined female symbols that hung from the band.

I can't wear this! She thought, horrified. "Shit, shit, shit!

After thinking for a moment, he ducked into his office and used a length of Scotch tape to hold the bracelet as high up his arm as he could push the thing. It reached a couple of inches up his forearm, and that kept the charm, up under his shirt cuff, and out of sight.

He spent the day in the office, uncomfortably shielding his wrist and avoiding sudden movements of his arm.

That evening, when Audrie got home, Danni greeted her at the door, as she usually did. And after they hugged and kissed. Audrie grabbed Danni's wrist. "Good girl. You still have your pretty bracelet on."

"I never took it off. I couldn't." Danni said, angrily.

Audrie looked at her, displeased with her lover's tone.

But Danni was too upset to get the message. "I wore it all day at work. What if someone had seen it? How could I ever explain it?" She growled as she stepped away.

"You knew I wouldn't be able to remove it, this morning. I think you did that on purpose!" Danni added, continuing her rant.

Audrie, understood that her lover was upset, but wasn't about to take any more. "You hush!" she ordered. Startling Danni to silence.

"No one noticed, did they? Of course not! There was no reason to panic, and no need to call me." And she brushed past and into the living room. "Actually, it was Mandi's idea. I promised to call her and tell her how it went. And no one saw it, did they? You survived, just fine."

Danni paused and worked to calm herself. "I should have known."

"And you shouldn't have been so worried. Sometimes you're just a little baby." Audrie said disgustedly. "Now come on, I'm hungry, lets walk over to that Chinese place around the corner."

They walked quietly over to the restaurant, and once they were seated, a much calmer Danni asked, tentatively, "you're not going to make me wear it all of the time, are you?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't decided."

Audrie then pulled out her cell phone and placed a call, while Danni watched curiously. Audrie usually didn't interrupt their meal with calls, especially when they were in a restaurant.

It only took a moment, before she realized that the call was to Mandi.

While Danni listened in to one side of the conversation, Audrie laughingly described Danni's bracelet challenge and his reaction. And then she described his solution.

Then, Audrie passed her phone over.

"Hi." Danni said, halfheartedly.

"Oh, Danni, don't be angry. It was all just for fun. And it sounds like you survived."

Her giggling pissed Danni off. "I did. But it wasn't fun for me."

"Well, please forgive me, and Audrie, too. It was my idea."

"Yah, Audrie told me. How are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm lonely, but things are going well, thanks. You just take it easy and enjoy yourself. Now hand the phone back."

Danni sighed, and handed the phone back to Audrie. She was still angry at Mandi for the trick she'd pulled.

She couldn't follow much of the conversation from that point onwards, until she heard Audrie respond, "I haven't decided yet." Danni knew what she was referring to.

A couple of minutes later, Audrie ended the call, but just resumed eating.

When they were almost finished with their meal, Audrie turned to her. "I've decided on your new bracelet."

"Oh?" Danni said, on edge over what she might hear.

"Yes. It would be too impractical for you to wear it under your man costume. So, on Friday evening, I'll secure it in place and then remove it on Sunday night or Monday morning so you don't have to wear it under your Daniel clothes."

"I can live with that. Thank you." Danni said, relieved.

So, Danni wore the bracelet on weekends, from that point on. And she got a lot of compliments on it, from women they met. She was also pleased that by showing the thing to overly-attentive guys, she could chase them away. Most of them, that is. A few jackasses somehow thought that they could turn her away from the lesbian life, just because of their manly charm. Silly fools!

The bracelet was also a constant reminder, to the both of them, of how much they missed Mandi. She had added a certain spice to their lives, and they missed the three-way sex, they had enjoyed with her.

And she was a handy, alternate keyholder.

A couple of times, Audrie hinted that she was looking to recruit a replacement, alternate keyholder, just in case. And the threat made Danni uncomfortable. She hated the idea of letting anyone else know about her identity. But Audrie hadn't come up with one, at least not yet.

In all other respects, their lives were enjoyable and loving.

"Remember Jenny and Rebecca?" Audrie asked as they were eating dinner. They'd stayed in, that night and Danni had prepared a nice meal, as she did many nights.

"We met them on our first date night, didn't we?"

"Yes. I got a call from Jenny, today. The two of them got married a couple of weeks ago!"

"Really? Good for them."

"Yes, I thought so. Anyway, she invited us over to their house for dinner on Friday evening."

"Alright, it could be fun." Danni said. She remembered meeting them early on in their relationship when she still thought of herself as Daniel in drag, and was frightened all of the time. Now it should be easier. She recalled liking Rebecca a bit more than Jenny. She was the nicer, softer one of the pair.

On Friday night, Danni followed Audrie's directions out to the suburbs to the address Jenny had provided.

The two girls met them at the front door and after friendly hugs and kisses, ushered them into the interior of their nicely decorated and comfortable living space, of their rather large house.

Danni was a little embarrassed, as their hosts, like Audrie were dressed casually, Jenny in jeans and Rebecca in a simple yet pretty sun-dress., while she of course was in a sexy, short dress with stockings and tall pumps. She was used to that attire, but not while visiting friends.

Actually, they didn't visit friends, often; they didn't have many.

"So, how have you two been doing?" Jenny asked as soon as they had settled down in comfortable chairs on the back patio. The two women had a very nice McMansion in an upscale neighborhood just outside town. And it included a large and pleasant patio, with a couple of shade trees an extensive garden and a sizeable hot tub beneath an elaborate gazebo.

"We've been great," Audrie answered. Then smiling at Danni, "We're happy and in love."

Danni smiled back, enjoying Audrie's open admission.

"That's wonderful. We've been so very happy since the wedding. It really cemented our relationship." Rebecca said, and she too smiled at her lover, and wife.

"I'm so happy for you, two. We may get there, someday." Audrie said, wistfully.

Jenny then launched into a description of their Vegas ceremony and the fun the two of them had celebrating the event. They'd only invited a couple of friends and had spent several days afterward in one of the big resort hotels along the strip. They'd ignored the casino, spending their money on good food, and a couple of shows.

"Sounds like you had a wonderful time." Audrie said, and to Danni she sounded a little envious.

"Oh, we did. It wasn't a big, girl's dream wedding, but it was perfect for the two of us." Rebecca said.

"And now we're a perfect couple." Jenny added. "And Rebecca is all mine, forever."

Rebecca smiled, "I am."

They sounded so happy; Danni realized that she was envious.

Their discussion then moved on to other topics until Rebecca noticed Danni's bracelet.

"Hey, that's pretty." She said as she reached over and grabbed Danni's wrist. She held it up to get a better look.

Her comment caught Jenny's attention and the two of them examined the bracelet, together.

"How sweet. Danni and Audrie," Jenny read. "Kind of sophomoric, isn't it?" She added a chuckle to soften her words, but it still sounded kind of acidic.

"Oh, don't be that way! It's lovely. And look at the charm. Two women. I love it. Rebecca scolded.

"And it's locked on with a special little screw. Danni can't remove it." Audrie explained, trying to counter Jenny's comment.

"Very nice! That's kinky and bondagey, too." Jenny said, now a bit more impressed. "Maybe I should get you one like it, my love. Or perhaps one for each wrist. They could be handy." She added looking at Rebecca, slyly.

Rebecca just shrugged, but she blushed, too.

After a while they'd moved inside for snacks and a refill on drinks, sitting around a kitchen table.

Audrie and Jenny continued catching up, exchanging stories of their past lives, and the friends they'd known, and the adventures they'd had, together. Danni and Rebecca were left to themselves, so they chatted and got to know each other, better.

Danni decided that she really liked Rebecca. She was quiet and feminine and easy to talk to. Very much the girl she pictured herself as being.

During a lull in their discussion, Danni listened in on Audrie and Jenny's conversation.

"I saw Kim the other day, by the way. She has settled down with a guy." Jenny mentioned casually.

"Oh?" Audrie asked. It was through Kim, who she had been dating at the time, that she had first met Jenny.

"Yes, she seems happy. Apparently, she went back to preferring men, and their cocks."

"Good for her, I guess." Audrie said. She looked over at Danni who just smiled feebly, and winked, surreptitiously. "I tried men, back in the day, I actually considered myself 'bi', for a while, and I did enjoy the feel of a nice hard prick inside me, but now I've settled down with Danni, and I'm really happy with her.

"Hah, no more cocks for you, then?" Jenny asked, chuckling.

Audrie laughed. "Well, no more men."

Jenny looked at her lover. "Rebecca used to like cocks, too. But I put a stop to that." She sounded proud and possessive. "A nice vibrating dildo is good enough for me, when I feel the need."

Rebecca nodded, but this time she blushed. She seemed to be growing uncomfortable. Too much information, perhaps.

Audrie, though was feeling devilish. She looked over at Danni, who was herself blushing, uncomfortable with the direction of the discussion. She smiled happily at her, and then at the other two. "Oh, I have a favorite and very realistic one, that I just adore. And Danni enjoys it too."

Danni, for everyone's benefit, smiled wanly in response.

"But I don't use it often, Danni is a very good lover, for a girl. She keeps me very happy." Audrie said as she reached over and grabbed Danni's hand, squeezing it lovingly.

"So how do you feel about men, Danni? Are you 'bi', like your girlfriend used to be?" Rebecca said. She was clearly being mischievous. Just baiting her.

Danni stumbled with how to answer that. So, Audrie jumped in. "Oh, no. She hates guys, and would never even consider a real, live cock. Would you dear?"

"No, I wouldn't." Danni replied, clearly grossed out by the whole idea. And her expression made everyone laugh.

The four of them spent another couple of enjoyable hours just visiting, eating and drinking. In the end they all concluded that they liked each other.

"We had a lovely time; we'll have to do this again. You guys are fun, and we always like friends who fit into our lifestyle." Jenny said as Audrie was leading Danni out the front door.

"Thanks. We had a good time, too."

"Next time you come over, we'll have to get into the hot tub. It's out favorite form of relaxation, especially with our friends." Jenny added.

"Yes, and it often winds up as a mini orgy," Rebecca added with a giggle.

They exchanged friendly hugs and kisses on the front porch before Audrie and Danni climbed into their car and headed home.

As she drove, Danni glanced over at Audrie. "I never realized girls could be so open about stuff like that." Danni said as they were driving home.

"Oh, we can be pretty crass, when we're in the mood, and no men are around." Audrie replied, chuckling.

"And you were trying to embarrass me with your silly comments about cocks."

Audrie laughed. "Sure, I was. It was fun. They didn't pick up on anything. They see you as my gay girlfriend, and nothing more."

"And we do enjoy my cock." Danni said with a playful smile.

"We sure do."

When they got home it was late and they both stripped down and crawled into bed.

They kissed for a little while and then spooned in preparation for sleep.

It was then, though that Audrie whispered into Danni's ear. "I think they want to have a little orgy with us; a foursome."

"Oh?" For a moment, Danni was turned on by the idea, but she quickly realized that she couldn't. "We can't. They think I'm a girl."

Audrie giggled. "It would be a surprise, wouldn't it? Especially since they're both dedicated lesbians."

"Uh, huh."

"I suppose we could tell them about your wonderful cock, and see how they feel. If it freaks them out, I could just agree to keep you locked up, and we could all just make love like women. You're very good at that."

"Not funny."

"Well, we'll just have to think about it." Audrie said before kissing Danni on the ear, and laying back down, ending the discussion.

Danni laid awake for quite a while longer, torn between dreams of sex with three women, and nightmares of being outed. Of course, she was always worried about being discovered for who she really was. That was nothing new. But the idea of an orgy with Jenny and Rebecca was certainly a pleasant fantasy.

Jenny called just a few days later, and invited them to meet for dinner and drinks at one of her favorite places. Audrie accepted, happily, so after work they hurried over to the place, arriving just on time.

Jenny and Rebecca were already there, and waved them over as they walked up to the hostess' station.

At the table Audrie and Danni were greeted like old friends; the hugs were close, and the kisses were more than friendly. Danni was surprised, during Jenny's kiss when she felt a nudge from her tongue. It was unexpected, but nice.

Once they were comfortably seated, drinks were ordered, and then food followed. All the while the four of them talked and laughed and enjoyed themselves.

As they were finishing their meal, a DJ started playing some nice tunes, and couples started wandering out to the smallish dance floor. The club was fairly well packed, and although the crowd was composed mostly of straight couples, they weren't the only gay pairings in the place.

As Jenny and Rebecca were dancing, Audrie and Danni sat watching the throng, but suddenly Danni tensed, as she stared across the restaurant.

"What?" Audrie asked, curious and concerned.

"That's Johnathon from work, over there." She was clearly upset. Frightened.

"Relax lover. He'll never recognize you, and besides he's busy with his date. She's kind of pretty, but not nearly as sexy as you are."

Danni gave her a look. "Thanks."

As they watched, Johnathon and the woman got up and walked onto the dance floor.

They lost track of them in the crowd, and went back to their discussion over what a nice couple Jenny and Rebecca were.

"Yes, Jenny is more like me, and Rebecca like you." Audrie said.

"You mean Jenny is more dominant and in control, and Rebecca is more submissive?" Danni asked with a wry smile.

Audrie giggled, "yes."

Just then, Audrie noticed their two friends returning, and they were being followed by Johnathon and his date. "Oh shit." She uttered.

"What?" Danni asked, following her line of sight. Then, "damn!"

Danni tried to hold herself together as she watched Daniel's colleague approach their table. Oh, God, she thought, I am so screwed!

Audrie reached over and held her hand, trying to calm her.

"Audrie, Danni, this is my neighbor, Johnathon and his girlfriend Barb. We just bumped into them on the dance floor." Jenny said, stepping back and wrapping her arm around Johnathon, possessively.

"Hi, pleased to meet you." Audrie said pleasantly. Danni just nodded, and smiled, self-consciously. She was waiting for some form of recognition from Johnathon, but none came.

Jenny and Rebecca sat down in their chairs, but Johnathon and Barb had to stand as the table was small and there were no extra chairs.

Jenny, Johnathon and Audrie did most of the talking. Danni was too frightened to join in, and Rebecca, per usual, was quiet. Barb, mainly hung on Johnathon, and watched the interchange.

While he talked, Johnathon occasionally glanced over at Rebecca, who he knew, and Danni who he didn't. He was aware that Jenny and Rebecca were gay and married, so he assumed that the other pair of women were also lesbians, and therefore of no real interest to him. Even though Audrie was pretty, and Danni was sexy and shapely.

But, he realized, the two girls were out of bounds, as Barb was the jealous type, at least where he was concerned.

He just focused on pleasantries and neighborhood gossip with Jenny.

Finally, Barb broke things up by dragging Johnathon back to their table, explaining that she needed her drink.

"He seems nice." Audrie said after they walked away.

"He is, for a stuffy lawyer, that is." Jenny said, chuckling.

"Ah, I understand. Those guys are usually full of themselves, too."

Jenny just laughed, before launching into a description of his oversized house which was just a few doors down.

After Johnathon, the stuffy lawyer and his date left them, Danni breathed a huge sigh of relief, or as big a sigh as she could muster in her corset. She could feel the sweat drying on the back of her neck, beneath her wig.

Audrie gave her hand one last squeeze before dropping it into her lap and massaging up her leg, and onto her bare thigh. There she gave it a scratch with her nails, making Danni cringe. She looked over at her nervous lover and winked, before removing her hand to take a drink of her whine.

After that interruption the four of them went back to enjoying each other's company. They even dragged Danni out onto the dance floor, where she did a little better than she had, many months ago, when they'd first met.

Their evening finally drew to a close and they exchanged very affectionate farewells, coupled with promises to get together again soon, before heading off to their homes.

The first topic as they drove out of the parking lot was their encounter with Jenny's neighbor.

"See, good old Johnathon, ogled you just like every other guy, and he certainly didn't recognize you as Daniel."

"He spent all of his time gawking at you."

"Jealous?" she laughed. "He had his date and he knew that we were a pair, so I doubt if he was really trying to pick me up."

"Well, it sure seemed like it to me. And his date, what's her name?"

"Barb."

"Barb, seemed to be getting pissed at him. That's why she dragged him off, like that." Danni continued, upset.

"Well, so what. Like I said, he didn't recognize you, now did he?"