All Comments on 'The Virtue of Patience'

by OccurrenceOnMimas

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
escapistfantasiesescapistfantasiesover 3 years ago
The best story I've read on Lit

I mean every word of the title. The tension built perfectly as drama unfolded. The build up was long but worth every single paragraph. I candidly love this story. It perfectly captures the awkward pursuits of being a teenager in the mid-2000s, from school bullies to will-they-won't-they crushes.

The final sex scene was worth all that tension built up and a huge relief. I found myself rooting for Garrett throughout. As a character he is wonderful. Sweet and kind in his own way and relatable as hell. The writer expertly straddles the line between allowing the reader to project onto him while providing just enough detail to make him an interesting character in his own right. Meanwhile Brie is the breakout star of the story. She is a wonderful woman in her own right, her own trials and tribulations making her into a strong character that takes her own identity through the story.

Framing the story as a document of friendship was a master-stroke as well as the reader develops along the characters and develops a kind of intimacy I could never even hope to imitate in my own stories.

I hope this comment was helpful and shows just how great I found this story. I candidly believe that if it was fleshed out you could publish this as a romance novel. Thank you for writing and I hope you continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

One of the best stories I've read on here

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Well written. Simply enjoyable

cementhead35cementhead35over 3 years ago

Great work!!! Excellent story...believable characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story!

This is truly one of the best stories I have ever read on Literotica. Please keep them coming, and I hope that you enjoy writing them as much as I do reading them. Only one typo did I notice in this fairly lengthy story, and that reflects good editing as well as outstanding sentence construction.

OccurrenceOnMimasOccurrenceOnMimasover 3 years agoAuthor

holy shit I don’t think I’ve ever been more floored than by the feedback. Thank you both for the words of encouragement; you’re too kind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good tale - but

Really good story, but go back to school and learn to spell.

Also, try proofreading your work.

OccurrenceOnMimasOccurrenceOnMimasover 3 years agoAuthor

To the anonymous commenter from earlier: I get that this story could have probably used some more proofreading, but I haven’t seen any spelling errors throughout the whole ordeal. I welcome constructive criticism, but I would ask that you at least be able to state those criticisms properly. Thanks for reading, at any rate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing story!

Thank you for sharing this great story with the rest of us. It is easy to forget that not every story has to be a 1-page wank-fest but instead share something that has strong character and story development. In here, is one of those gems.

One comment on something that did distract me during my reading: on page 4 during the conversation between Garrett and Brie about her dad, at some point Garrett's name changed to Jason ("In that moment, Jason was aware that...").

Again, it was a minor thing but did temporarily break the immersion. Keep up the great work, and thank you once again for sharing this with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting premise

Here's a sample of what needs proofreading: "heading toward the student paking lot"

PARKING, not PAKING.

Nice plot development and buildup, but the sex was simply sex -- lacking in eroticism. They were both virgins, for cripes sake. What was the rush about baring her breasts?

Getting naked? Getting his cock in her pussy?

It'd have been much more erotic to have developed all that slowly, with nervousness and shyness on both their parts. Slow buildup of the sexual tension, not bam!

Gave it four stars. Could have been five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome story, great job and beautiful character development

Awesome story, great job and beautiful character development

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A great story

I hope to see more on the future. It was a great story and I hope you continue to produce content with this combination of good characters and sweet erotics.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tags

Consider adding the first time tag to your story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
REALLY GOOD STORY

Nothing more to say ... I didnt knew I would have a thing for soft fem dominance but I loved it SO much...

I also have a thing for tall girls so this was just perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You, sir, are a gifted writer. Your plot, pacing, and character development were skilled. Only 3 suggestions: consider using Grammarly or similar, and maybe explain words like optamium. At one point you refer to Garrett as Jason. Other than these quibbles, an excellent read, one of the best I’ve read on this website. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nicely done

I was half-expecting them to introduce their parents to each other, who...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jason??? Did you borrow this story line and forget to change a name?

Page 4 you call Garret "Jason".

Horny_YogiHorny_Yogiover 3 years ago
Just WOW!

What a story! I have forgiven the issue with naming Garrett "Jason" on page 4; minor error 😉. I absolutely adore this gorgeous love story, I have added it to my favourites 😁. Keep up the good work!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 3 years ago

And Garrett goes home with a BIG smile on his face

Invited over to Brie's home for a pizza--Ha! She was out to get his virginity--and he was willing to lose it to her. :) A great story which demands a sequel. It appears these two have a future together, and I'd like to read about it. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I loved it. You might be amazed, my experience was quite similar to Garrett. A couple of years getting to know someone, however there was a lot of making out until she decided to go further. It was wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome simply awesome

You're a great writer. Seriously from a reader's pov your character development was great, well paced, and made them feel real. The story didn't seem rushed in it's jumps because the characters were so well developed. As for the erotica portion you gave enough detail to allow the reader to paint the picture without using all the same cliches or tropes. Phenomenal work keep it up. I look forward to reading more work from you.

Sincerely

Anonymously avid reader

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What happens next? Does Garrett eventually propose to his Brianne, or does Brianne pop the question with Garrett?

OccurrenceOnMimasOccurrenceOnMimasover 2 years agoAuthor

Brie and Garrett's story isn't done yet. You ought to make an account if you haven't already and subscribe-you'll get your answers at some point!

(emphasis on 'at some point', because I've got maybe four other stories in queue before that one comes out)

acgandersonacganderson9 months ago

Delicious, delightful! I love the slow burn, and it's one of the yummiest first times I've read. Thank you!!!

kingpin007kingpin0079 months ago

Bro pls continue this story again

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

I really love the love story in this one! I kind of wish there would have been a few more small scenes in between the big moments, but overall it was definitely really good. Five stars from me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOccurrenceOnMimas@OccurrenceOnMimas
yeah yeah I’m still alive. Got a little too into Warhammer 40k there and managed to deal with some minor upheavals in my personal life. I’m back at it, gimme a lil bit here. For those of you wondering what happened with Garrett and Brie after The Virtue of Patience ended, you...

SIMILAR Stories