The Virtue of Patience

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Brie had received some level of noteriety due to the date incident, but had largely refused to speak of it to anyone other than administration figures. This was seen as par for the course as far as the students were concerned, however, and a few icy glares toward overly-curious questioners was all it took for her to be left alone. She may have been victimized by Eric, but this did not mean that she was incapable of laying someone out for getting too nosy.

As for Brie and Garrett as a pair, the experience had only served to bring them closer together. They were now frequently seen together not only at school, but out and about, and they had begun to spend even more time at each other's homes. Hours were spent laughing and talking with Travis, Jana and Chelsea, their parents or just one another. Normal life had more or less resumed a month after the attack, and as they moved into their senior year-and by extension, adulthood, as Brie and Garrett's respective eighteenth birthdays were in January and March-the winds of change were yet again beginning to pick up, and it was fortunate that, this time around, they would not be so profoundly cruel.

* * *

July 2004

Adulthood had been a not entirely gentle transition for Brianne Haskett and Garrett Trenton, but they had both made it through. They had both turned eighteen earlier that year, and had walked the stage at their high school graduation that May, where vice principal Charlotte Lines had given them both small, knowing smiles when both came up to collect their respective diplomas.

That summer had, thus far, been one to remember. They were both headed to Danville Junior College in the fall, and right now they wanted to savor their time off as thoroughly as possible. There had been plenty of movie nights, pizza trips and evenings of swimming in Brie's apartment complex's pool (which Garrett looked forward to, in no small part, because of how incredible Brie looked in her black two-piece).

When she called him on the afternoon of July 16th, he could tell immediately that something was different. Not 'off' or 'wrong', per se, but definitely different. She spoke more slowly, her voice was slightly huskier and sounded almost...sultry? He didn't want to assume anything, but he'd found himself growing increasingly nervous as they spoke.

"Hey," she'd said after he'd picked up the receiver and said "hello?", "what're you wearing?"

"Clown suit, extra baggy."

A rich laugh filled his ear. It was not the giggle he'd been used to hearing years before, it was the laugh of a woman who had found her voice. He found himself savoring it just a little; it was just one of countless little things about her that he believed were worth appreciating.

"That's pretty hot. I love a man who can make me laugh."

That tripped him up just a little. She was definitely different this time; something was up. He managed to come back with "there's plenty more where that came from, you ought to see what I can do with balloon animals."

She chuckled. "You'll have to demonstrate. Anyways, hey, I wanted to extend an invitation-my mom is on a weekend trip in Reno with her best friend, and I dont want to eat the pizza I'm about to order by myself. You want to help me out?"

"Yeah, I think I can make it over. You want me to just head out now?"

"Yeah, if that's okay with you and your dad. If you can't, though, just call me back and I'll grab you. Also, I made a change that I really want your opinion on."

"Change? What kind of change?"

"You'll see," she said (he could practically hear her smiling), "I want it to be a surprise. And bring your clown suit and balloons."

"I'll even throw in the squeaky shoes."

She laughed. "See you soon, Garrett. Bye!"

"Bye!" He hung up, his heart racing just a little. What had that been about? He went and found his dad in the backyard, reading a true crime novel (he'd been on a kick recently) and asked to borrow his Acura, as Garrett had recently become a licensed driver but had not yet acquired a car of his own.

"Sure, I don't have plans. Keys are on my dresser, say hi to Brie for me."

"Thanks a lot, dad, and I will. See you later!"

Minutes later he was on the road, butterflies fluttering away in his stomach. What the hell was wrong with him? He was just going to see his friend and have pizza, so what was he so freaked out about? As he pulled into the parking lot near her duplex, the butterflies did not subside. And when she answered the door a few seconds after he knocked on it, they went into overdrive.

Before him stood Brie Haskett wearing a form-fitting black crop top that exposed her entire midriff, a pair of denim short shorts that did more than accentuate her hips, and a black choker that encircled her neck. Her hair had been cut into a pixie cut, her bangs just a little bit longer than the rest of her hair, giving her a sultry and seductive air.

"Come on in," she said, "pizza's on its way."

"Yeah," he said, "awesome."

He came inside and she closed the door. "So what do you think?" She asked, her small smile coming on. And before he could respond, she slowly twirled, her slender yet curvaceous body on full display. She stopped and faced him, her eyes fixed on him, waiting for his word.

He was dumbstruck. He thought he'd been attracted to her before, but now it tripled. She was truly an Amazonian vision, one he'd fallen head over heels for, and here she was seeking his approval-the lowly, quiet, awkward Garrett Trenton's approval. It was something he'd never have believed would ever happen when he was sixteen, and yet here they were now, her beauty on full display.

"Wow." That was all he could manage.

She laughed. "Thank you, Garrett. I thought you'd like it."

"You look...incredible, Brie. I mean...wow."

That smile faded, her hands now clasped behind her back. She now gave him a questioning look.

"Do you really think so?"

"Of course, Brie. I mean...shit."

"That means so much to me. Really, Garrett. I appreciate you more than pretty much anyone else I know, and I feel like I don't tell you that often enough. You're wonderful, Garrett."

"Really?" He asked.

"I do." She came to him and pulled him in for a hug. Not a tight one, but a gentle and loving embrace that radiated intimacy. It spoke volumes of her trust in him, the value she placed in his presence, and in that moment he was nearly overwhelmed.

He'd topped out at five-eleven at the end of his growth spurt, and while he was glad not to be doomed to short guy status forever, it still put him four inches below the top of her head. He found that he didn't mind in the least, however, because as her hands traveled down his back ever so gently, and as her light breaths pushed her bust against him, he thought to himself that there was no other place in the world he would rather be.

After a moment he wished would have lasted ten times longer, she pulled away just a little and looked him in the eye. Her expression was one he couldn't quite read, but he could have sworn that he saw desire burning low just behind those bright baby blues.

"Garrett..."

"Yeah?"

A sharp knock at the door shattered the tension like glass, and they both started. She backed away, looking flustered.

"Pizza's here! Hope you're hungry!" She said, just a little too enthusiastically.

"Uh, yeah," he said, "starving."

Soon enough, they were on the couch, pizza on the coffee table. Brie wolfed hers down in no time, leaving Garrett in the dust. He, on the other hand, only managed to finish two slices, seeing as the butterflies seemed insistent upon working overtime in his stomach. He finished the second and leaned back into the couch.

"Good?" She asked him.

"Yeah," he replied, "it was-it was good. Thank you, Brie."

She smiled at him, hands clasped on her lap. "You're welcome. I'm really glad you came; this weekend would have been boring without you."

"Of course. And I really do like your hair a lot, by the way. You look beautiful, Brie."

Her face suddenly reddened. "I was worried I would look like a guy. Honestly I was like, 'oh god will people think I'm butch or something'? I know it sounds dumb, I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize. It looks great on you. Also you're not really dressed the part of 'butch' right now," he said, chuckling, "you look like a straight-up maneater."

"Yeah, right," she said, rolling her eyes, "me, a total maneater, that's perfect. And hey, what if I did like girls?!"

"Then I guess I'd be wrong AND an asshole."

He'd expected a laugh, but none came. There was a brief pause, and she looked him in the eye before speaking again, this time in the same husky voice he'd heard on the phone.

"Garrett, do you really think I'm beautiful?"

His stomach churning and his nerves coming close to overwhelming him, he replied, "I do."

In a flash, she was straddling him, pinning him in place with her powerful legs, her hands performing the same action against his shoulders. Garrett was so shocked and surprised that he didn't even try to escape, though whether he could actually have done so was a matter for debate. She loomed over him like a spider about to dine on a fly, her eyes wild and full of nearly unrestrained-and this time, unquestionable-desire. She looked down upon him, her expression almost dangerous.

"Brie-"

"No. You need to just listen," she said thickly, "I have some things I need to say."

He gulped quietly, and nodded.

"We've been friends a long time, Garrett. You've always been there for me and you've never once treated me like I'm a freak or a weirdo. You treat my friends and my mom with respect. You even kicked a guy in the face for me...well, kind of, I guess. Point is, you've more than proven yourself to me, and I'm fucking sick of just being your friend."

He didn't respond. She continued after a pause.

"I'm in love with you, and I have been for a while now. I can't keep pretending not to be, because it gets harder to do all the time. The whole reason I invited you over today was just to tell you this; I even dressed up for it. And you haven't even seen what I've got on underneath it yet!"

Garrett was stunned. To say that he hadn't expected this would be an understatement-but, in hindsight, he felt that he should have seen it coming. His inexperience had blinded him even up to this moment, and his embarrassment ran deep. "Brie, I-"

"No," she said, pressing a finger to his lips, "I'm not done." She pulled the finger away and stared at him intently. He nodded.

"I mean it, Garrett. I love you so much, and I want to be with you. I want to treat you like a king, and...and I want to make you mine. All mine." She made sure to emphasize the word 'all'. Garrett couldn't even form words at this point; he simply stared, open-mouthed, at the red-faced, heavy-breathing woman with the blue eyes that stared into his very soul.

"And I think you want me too," she said quietly, leaning in even closer, "I've seen you looking at me, like when we would go swimming. You did look at me, didn't you?"

"I-I mean...we were...I just..."

"Garrett, I'm not trying to trick you or test you. I loved it. It made me feel sexy, it made me feel desired. And now I'm telling you that I want to be with you, so, so badly. If you don't want me, if you say no, it'll crush me, but I'll understand. I won't hate you. But...I can't just be your friend anymore. My feelings are just too strong, and I can't go back to that, Garrett."

His head was spinning, but one thing was clear: he knew that he wanted this woman more than anything. He always had, and to deny it would be a mistake. So, in that moment, he made a profound decision which he did not feel remotely uncomfortable making.

"Yes."

Her eyes widened hugely, her jaw dropping. Before she could speak, he continued, "it was always you, Brie. I've wanted to be with you this whole time, but I was too scared to say anything. I know it sounds like some dumb rom-com shit, but I...I love you too, Brie."

Immediately, tears welled up in her eyes and she lunged down, her lips crashing into his own with forceful intensity. After a moment, her tongue snaked its' way into his mouth, finding his own and twisting around it. He kissed back just as vigorously, all the frustration and uncertainty he'd been feeling for years vanishing into thin air as he gave himself utterly to her. He felt her hand on his wrist, whereupon she placed it on her right breast. He gently squeezed it, mindful of how sensitive it might be. She moaned into his mouth as he continued to knead it through her tank top and bra, and her other hand shot to his crotch, grabbing for his cock. He gasped as she found his hard shaft through his jeans and began to massage it softly.

"Garrett," she said, pulling her lips from his, "are you a virgin?"

"Uh...yeah. I am."

"So am I. But I want to be your first, Garrett. Will you let me pop your cherry for you?"

She had that dangerous look again, the one that told of intense desire to throw him down and dominate him. He wasn't sure where this new Brie had come from, but he wasn't about to argue with it.

"I would love that."

She leaned back, her toned midriff flexing as she stood. She told him, "Don't move." It hadn't been a suggestion, it had been an order. She got off of him and now stood at full height, towering over him, a beautiful and statuesque goddess who was no longer a girl, but a woman. She crossed her arms under her tank top and pulled it off, revealing a black bra that contained her heaving breasts. She then undid the button on her shorts and slowly pulled them down, kicking them away. Beneath them was a bright red g-string that left little to the imagination. She stood before him, silent for a moment, before saying "what do you think?"

His mind had gone blank. He could only stare open-mouthed, in awe at the woman who, for some reason, wanted him so badly. She said, "Okay then," and proceeded to undo the clasp on the front of her bra. It fell away and to the floor, her breasts now free from their constraints. They were lovely and full, capped with small, light pink nipples that stood fully erect.

"Holy shit, Brie." Was all he could manage.

"I'm not done." With that, she slipped her thumbs under the sides of her panties and pulled them down, where they slid to her feet after passing her considerable hips. Her figure was now fully and beautifully nude before him, hands flat on her calves, face red, and her eyes full of lust. His own face was burning up, his erection straining against his jeans.

"Take your clothes off. All of them."

Her voice was low and commanding, and, not wanting to keep her waiting, he immediately pulled off his shirt, tossing it aside. He fumbled with his belt, and before he knew it, she was on her knees and gently undoing it herself. She finished, and undid the button on his jeans, whereupon she proceeded to run her free hand up his belly, savoring the feeling of his body.

Her own mind was clouded with overpowering, aggressive desire: the want to shove this man into the couch, mount him and take him into her most intimate recesses...to finally claim him as her own. This animalistic urge had been bubbling up beneath the surface of her quiet exterior for a while, and now she intended to make Garrett bear the full brunt of it. She was tired of keeping it under wraps, and now she would get what she wanted.

With this in mind, she unzipped his jeans and pulled them away. Only his boxers separated her from his length now, and, breathing heavily, she ran her hands up and down it slowly and gently. The friction drove Garrett wild, his heart rate increasing and his breathing growing heavier as she rubbed. Without warning, she reached up and pulled his boxers down, slipping them from between his body and the couch. His cock bounced free, a full six inches in length and fully engorged. To her, it almost looked painful.

"Wow," she whispered, "that looks really nice."

"Thanks," he replied, grinning sheepishly, "so, uh, what now?"

"I'm gonna fuck you into this couch til you leave an imprint," she said, "because I need you right now. I'm so horny that I don't even care about foreplay. I'm soaking wet, and I just...I need you inside me."

"Brie, wait! Shouldn't I wear a con-"

She leaned up, and her lips found his for a few seconds. After, she pulled away, smiling all the while.

"I'm on birth control," she said, "medical reasons. Started about a year ago. Also, you're not pulling out. I want to know what it feels like to have you cum inside me."

"Jesus, Brie, you're...really different when you're horny."

She suddenly hopped back onto him, straddling him and glancing her wet opening against his crotch. Garrett could see a light stubble on the skin above it, and he deduced that she'd shaved recently.

"I've been patient," she said, running her lips down his face and onto his neck, kissing him as she went, "and now I'm done with that. I'm your girlfriend now, remember? I want to show you just how much you mean to me. So just sit back and relax, and let's get to know each other."

"You're a virgin...?" He asked, half-joking. She smiled.

"I watched a lot of porn to get some idea of how to please you, baby. Just...can I start slow? I don't want it to hurt."

"Yeah," he said, his hands on her hips, "take your time. Hopefully I don't cum too fast."

"I don't care, I've got time. We've got time."

With this, she locked her lips to his again, her tongue filling his mouth. She pressed herself against him, clamoring for as much physical contact as was humanly possible. He slipped his arms around her waist and back, pulling her into him. She moaned happily, and he felt her right hand move down his chest and to his groin. Her hand, warm as could be, was now wrapped around his cock, and she was rubbing it against her opening. He could feel the heat radiating from it, the wet folds sliding across his head with ease. She pulled her face away from his, her eyes hooded and her mouth open. Breathing heavily, she pointed the head directly toward the entrance, her eyes alight with want of him.

He breathed, "Brie...please..."

She did not respond. Instead, she slipped the head into herself, gasping as her eyes closed and her head tilted back. He saw her biting her lip as she slowly began to descend upon it, his cock slowly vanishing into his now-girlfriend. His hands alternatively balled into fists, then splayed wide open; the sensation of her sending him into near-sensory overload. She had taken him halfway in when she looked down, took his face in her hands, and spoke three words:

"I love you."

She slammed her hips down into his lap, driving him all the way into her. His head snapped back, his mouth open in a silent gasp, the pleasure almost agonizing in how overwhelming it was. He looked back up to see Brie's eyes closed, her mouth open and her breathing ragged. She was unmoving, savoring the combination of pain and pleasure that came with the loss of her virginity.

"Brie...? Are you-"

"Yeah," she said, "just...give me a second..."

She leaned down, kissing and licking his neck. Her ministrations drove him nearly to the brink; he had never been so smothered with love and affection before. While she was indeed claiming him as her own, she wanted for him to know that she was his and his alone, that he didn't need another woman. She was determined to prove herself more than enough woman for him.

The pain was abating now, and she savored the delicious feeling of being filled; that part of her that had been empty now had the perfect companion. She could feel his head rubbing against her cervix, the shaft stretching her to previously unknown dimensions. But it felt better over time because it was Garrett's, and Garrett's cock was the one that she'd wanted. She was now sweating and panting, and she hadn't even begun to ride him yet.