The Voice Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As I told her I was about to start shuffling the cards I asked her to "Clear your mind and think about the questions you'd like answering or what subject you'd like the reading to focus on!" Something I'd stolen from one of the other Operators as it sounded good and often led the caller to actually tell you what you wanted to hear, so you knew what they wanted to talk about. It's all about cold reading, much harder when no visual clues are on offer, but still a viable option if you knew the right triggers, questions, or phrases to lure it out of someone even if they were being guarded. All just a case of building up a big enough arsenal of them and knowing when to throw them into the call and picking up on the response. Knowledge is power, and having it meant you could use it and sound authoritative and on track.

She simply replied that she was "Struggling to do that" after a minute of near silence while I was shuffling the cards.

I asked why, and she came right out and told me that my voice was distracting her...

Now, remember, a moment ago above, I mentioned, I was just turned 18. Fairly naïve and yes, still wet behind the ears with respects the larger world of women, seduction, sex and mind fuckery. I'd not long ago lost my virginity so my sexual experience with women was seriously limited to messing about with Teenage girls and the whole minefield of disappointment that usually entailed from those all to brief trysts. & at this point I don't even think the term "Cougar" had been coined or phrased, let alone had it ever passed my ears. Women "Hitting on me" was as alien as waking up and finding a Duck billed Platypus in my boxer shorts that could talk and juggle.

I was a random voice on the end of the phone and she tells me my voice is distracting her?

I wasn't playing coy when I asked her what she meant, I wasn't trying to socially engineer the conversation to drift from Tarot cards and fortune telling, I asked because I honestly didn't get what she meant.

When she told me that she found it "Very sexy" I actually blushed, and I mean I went Crimson at my desk. Furtive glances around me to either side to ensure no one could see me turning this deep shade of Red were undertaken. Everyone was involved in their own calls or doing their job walking the lines of desk, no notice being given to me.

My mouth went dry, and I stammered for a second before thanking her for the compliment. Totally unsure what else to say as this was indeed new territory for me. Life thus far with regards women (Well girls really) had all been about complimenting them, albeit often poorly and without success.

She laughed and her laughter was like music, it had a heady quality to it and was genuine yet had a little hint of mischief in it. Telling me I was welcome, she thought she should say so in case it distracted her into not saying much. Especially as I was no doubt about to speak to her at great length and in case her answers were delayed or perhaps a little nonsensical. She further went on to tell me how sometimes she'd hear a voice that she'd get lost in and start daydreaming about as it washed over her, more so if it touched certain places...

Yes, I asked the question, who in that situation wouldn't ask?

"Touch you where?" I asked...

She played coy now, drew me in, avoiding the question with a nervous giggle, she knew she had a fish on the other end of the line and rather than yank hard on the rod, she played the line out a little and opened up the playing area rather than snap the line.

I didn't know the rules to this game, I was fairly shy and unsure of the ground I stood on. However, I rallied my head and realised I was at work, this was what I was paid to do and while doing so I might as well make my call last and if I could have fun doing so, fuck it, might as well, right?

Once that notion had bubbled up in my head I also realised, this wasn't a woman in a bar or a club I was trying to chat up. This wasn't face to face, I didn't need to worry about being "Blown out" in front of all my friends or a mass of random people watching. My paranoia about such things was intense and overwhelming at this early point in my life. This was so far away from that situation, so why not step up and be a Man and move on something that was obviously being thrown in my direction. Take the bulls by the horns and see if I could make her blush as she just made me do.

I took a huge swallow of the Coffee sat on my desk, licked my lips and prepared myself to step right out of my comfort zone and see how far I could take this...

I told her that her voice had been distracting me from the minute she said hello and when she had told me her name I'd bit my lip. The deafening silence on the other end of the phone lasted a long time, of course, as is usual in this situation; it felt like an eternity.

She eventually replied that I was being silly and trying to flatter her, I of course rebutted her claim and said I wasn't lying, I had no need to do so. Then going out on a limb told her that her voice was by far the nicest I had heard while working on the lines. It was true, I was being genuine and she picked that out from my voice. Just because I had only worked there a few weeks and hadn't had any other woman flirt with me, well those things didn't need to be mentioned, did they?

She asked me if I was being serious, I told her I was. I described how I liked how it was soft and sensual and stroked my ear, and all to subtle gasps and I could almost hear her bite her lip. This did nothing but encourage me to keep going, so I started chaining words together into sentences, lowered my voice a little so my co-workers next to me didn't hear and one line after another kept pushing and listening to see if the gasps or breath intakes got longer, closer or more pronounced...

This lasted all of about 2 minutes before I was spent...

I ran out of compliments, things I could tell her and unable to make up more as I just didn't have the resources or experience to do so, let alone have it hit the target I wanted it to do. My limited vocabulary plundered and exhausted and before the first fence!!!

FUCK! Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuuuuuuck.....!

A very uncomfortable silence fell on the line, I really did not know how to proceed, what could I say to get that heated moment back and running on course again???

I'd taken the initiative and lead and wasn't able to Tango more than a few steps before falling flat on my arse and feeling like a complete idiot.

She came to my rescue with a long deep intake of breath and told me that was very sweet of me to say and had made her blush, thanked me and asked me where about I was from. I told her and we started chatting about that, than about where she lived in London and the conversation slowly re-established, but had steered away from the flirty nature so briefly hit upon. I was still cursing inside my head.

The conversation though had a nice pace to it, and felt easy, each allowing the other to speak and to listen as and when the conversation swung.

I looked at the phone display...

Current Call length -- 37m 45secs.

Holy shit, where had the time gone? None of the chat had been important or deep, yet the time had flown by to rack up to nearly 40 Minutes? Not so much as a single Tarot card turned over...

The easy flow of the chat and her voice so softly in my ear was arousing me, each time she laughed at something I'd said or she'd mentioned made a certain place, itch, twitch or that little shiver of electric course across or through it. I'd catch a little moment in her breathing or a sigh when I said something, I knew the potential was still in the air to take this elsewhere, just totally unsure how, what did I have to say or do to get her there?

An Hour came and went and still the flow was easy and full of laughter. I was however wondering how long she was going to sit and just chat about trivial stuff? I took a gamble and asked eventually why she had called...

The big risk...

She took a deep breath and then a long pause. Proceeding to tell me that she's split up with her boyfriend a while back. How she was in that place now where she felt the need to perhaps find someone as she was over the heartbreak he had caused her. I didn't press for any details, I figured like most callers she had something she wanted to vent or release, find closure over and that airing it with a stranger was worth the price of a call. So I listened, but I took note of the details, each and every one. I usually kept a pad on the clipboard my Minute Log sheet was held on, I'd sometimes scribble notes on it about the call, details that might be worth noting for use later. A Scribble pad full of random chunks or details given to me, a reference to go back to if needed. Or often used to doodle when bored...

The ex boyfriend had been a bit of an idiot, constantly being sleazy and often as not hitting on her friends or being overtly suggestive with other women, always flirting and not giving her his full attention. She left a certain air over this part, like something wasn't being said, just yet. Like a drift of fog clouded over it, but a breeze might blow it away and reveal it, I again let it go and allowed it to run it's course. She mentioned how he had constantly fixated on her best friend, and the attention was unwelcome and made her and her friend feel very uncomfortable, again something here caught my ear and I felt the pull of it but again, let it slide for now. Many of these feelings or senses coming from nowhere, but listening to her voice, the inflection, tone and speed was throwing clues out to me and enough of them were registering to form questions for later when I knew the time would come I had to dissect what she said and show I had listened and considered what she said. My ear was getting tuned into her and my brain was locking on to key phrases and the way she breathed or skipped for a moment.

None of what she had to say was overtly painful or depressing, just another idiot guy trying his luck on as many women as possible in case one was daft enough to take his advances as genuine and something other than playing the odds and betting on any and all numbers. All so he could perhaps notch up another score on his card and get some "strange tail" behind his girlfriends back. A pattern of behaviour I also abhorred, while I admit part of my younger-self was jealous of guys like this that managed to pull it off and get away with it I didn't like the behavioural pattern of it nor the wake of women it left lay in the destructive trail; who would go on to mistrust men and be another broken Lady. I'd been brought up to be an Alpha Male, raised to lead the pack, dominate and be the big man. It never sat well with me though and made me feel like a stranger to myself more often than not. So often when hearing another tale of this ilk my contempt would spill out, and it often led me firmly to being placed unwillingly into the "Friends zone" with women I wanted to be with, much to my constant annoyance...

When she had finally come to the end of the sorry tale, she took a deep breath and stated how much better she felt for just having it said out loud. Thanked me for listening and stated she could tell I had listened to every word. I told her that I had and how she is obviously now in a better place and with more understanding that her worth was so much more than she had been shown.

I then pointed out it was a shame such a nice Lady had been wasted on such an idiot, which made her laugh, pointing out I didn't know her at all, but it was kind of me to say and very flattering. Again, a little tinkle in her voice made my ears prick up...

I decided to start probing a little about the parts of her tale that had made them do so earlier, and the first point I raised was how her voice had caught a little bit when she had mentioned that her ex's full attention had not been focussed on her.

Silence descended again...

I could almost hear her brain ticking over at a much higher speed, it felt like she was making a big decision or preparing to take a risk.

What followed knocked me for 6 and quickly made things get interesting...

She almost blurted it out when she had decided to say something. Grabbing control of herself and it just before the words fell over her lips, which I knew were wet, as I heard her tongue slide over them just before she did so.

The single word said with care, she'd selected it carefully and I'm pretty sure it was loaded to set the conversation one way and only one way.

"Sexually..." She said, smoothly but with some serious lubricious, libidinous, inflection.

"Oh!" Was all I could muster in response. Pitiful right? A door like that thrown wide open and all I could manage was two letters and an exclamation point.

Luckily the quick intake of breath I'd taken right after was taken as a pregnant pause, so I quickly tried to gather myself and press at least one foot forward to get closer to the threshold where this huge door was swinging open and the rush of wind heading towards it had the scent of sex in the air...

All I could manage to pull out of thin air was to ask, "In what way Lynn?"

Jackpot...

It was the first time I'd called her by her name, and what ever it did it was big.

I heard the little moan of what I took as pleasure stream from her wet lips as soon as I'd said it. The gasp that came first making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

"I've been aching to hear you say my name since the moment you first spoke!" she rasped huskily. "It's been well worth the wait I must say..."

Not falling for my earlier mistake again, I left the lead to be taken up by her instead of pressing forward without enough weapons in the arsenal to go beyond a few steps.

I asked her quite firmly and left little wiggle room for her to evade. "Why is that Lynn?"

Again, the gasp and little moan, no doubting the pleasure in it this time, none at all. Nor that she licked her lips as again it was heard...

"I was wondering how much it would turn me on hearing you say it" was the reply.

Still sticking to the plan not to take the lead I simply stated in a now even lower voice and pitched so it came out as confident as I could muster but directed for her ear alone... "Did it...?"

"Oh fuck yes it did, it has..." This being the first time I'd heard her swear, which sent a flag flying up the pole and made it clear something had been breached...

"I've been sat here now for all this time with my knickers getting wetter and wetter listening to your sexy voice and imaging what you could make me do with that voice alone, but you saying my name has just made me soak them...!"

The Look from across the desk...

Now, I have to again point out, I was 18, very little sexual experience and never heard a woman speak like this before directly yo me and because of what I had either said or done. I'd also best mention at this point, I had not told Lynn how old I was, yet...

So to say I got instantly hard and I mean fully erect in a split second. No joke, no hyperbole and certainly no laughing matter. This situation caused Trouser Tent issues of the seriously obvious kind.

All while at work.

I was wearing light coloured casual trousers, so there was some "Give" in them. Even still it was; if a pair of eyes ventured in that direction easily visible. This was in the days when I wore underwear and the loose cotton boxers I had on were not containing anything or suppressing what lay beneath. I was just thanking my lucky stars I was sat down and I "scooched" my arse as far back into the chair as I could to invert my groin to reduce the forward pressing action and obvious nature of what was going on downstairs...

This for me is a waking nightmare, reminiscent of the utter dread of being back in school and the wind blowing in the wrong direction and teen hormones raging up to award you with a full on boner mid class and then the teacher calls you out to the front of the class to read something to the class. Same nightmare, a few years later and now in the workplace? Instead of classmates sniggering and pointing at the guy sporting "Wood" in class, it's people I work with and people that pay me to work... Could this get any worse?

It could and it did...

To make matters worse it was at this point as I am sat fully aroused, engorged and rampant; I notice one of the girls sat across from me on the Chat line, is looking at me...

I'd noticed her the first day I started, she was cute, older than me (Then again I think everyone was in the office at this point). Safe to say she caught my eye as I thought she was hot, but older and I considered well out of my league. As was my want and tastes at this age, Tall, Blonde, slim and safe to say an air of the School Teacher about her, being older, wiser, more mature and in my head no doubt amazingly skilled in bed and knew her way around it. Ahhh, the foibles of youth. She often wore little Tartan skirts, high above the knee, but low enough not to be sluttish, Black tights/stockings and heels of at least a few inches high that made the curves of her calves just sing out to be touched. Modestly tight tops or shirts that showed off and flattered her breasts, though not ample, they still protruded and were deliciously on show for the admiring eyes that I'd caught often taking them in as I did when I thought no one was looking.

I was simply happy to be bashful and steal a glance at her as and when the chance came, I certainly wasn't able to talk to her or chat her up as that was just a bridge too far. I think I'd perhaps maybe exchanged a hello and perhaps a brief little bit of chit chat while making a coffee and she'd come to do the same, but nothing more as no doubt even by saying hello I'd probably turned a deep shade of Red and left to go back to my desk. Then no doubt had to walk back to collect the coffee I'd rushed off and left to hide my blushes.

So having her eyes on me and actually having to look her in the eyes as she was looking to catch mine, was seriously difficult. I knew instantly she had caught on to what was happening with my call, her little grin at the side of her mouth, was half smirk, half utter delight. One side of her mouth turned up and the lower tip of one of her pretty Canines visible, which really was not helping me as I nearly bit my lip seeing such a sexy grin. Oh I was busted all right, without doubt. She knew!

I'm now utterly mortified, the conversation with Lynn from my end was a range of different "Mmmm, yeah's, ooooh's" and barely coherent "Tell me mores" as I am lost for words and my focus as much as it should be on her, isn't.

I meet her gaze across the gap between our desks and it confirmed her notion. I couldn't hold her eyes for more than a second before I had to look away, stare into space, find a spot of deep fascination elsewhere like my life depended on it and try and stop the heat of the blush that was already firing up from my toes and rocketing Northwards like a Space Shuttle launch. As if I needed anything more to have my blood boiling at this point?

I dared a glance back and she had not moved her eyes an inch, still fixed firmly at my head and waiting for me to look back. She pinned me to my chair with her cool sultry gaze, I could feel how much she was enjoying me caught like a rabbit in headlights. Her grin now spread across her whole mouth and my balls were now on fire...

Then she did something I couldn't believe. She was sat sideways on her chair, facing outwards from her desk rather than "at it", she slid herself slowly down her chair a little so her head lowered. All very casual and subtle. Lower she slid until her eye level was able to view under my desk! As if she needed to confirm what she knew already. Yet there she was, inching herself lower to casually and in my full view, in broad daylight, look to see if I was sporting a hard on. All while she held my gaze and grinned at me.