All Comments on 'The Ward Ch. 02'

by Bellie444

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeabout 5 years ago

Hopefully for poor Edmund's sake her reticence doesn't originate from a desire to hide that she is, in fact, the crone. It would, of course, be wise of her to hide this from him till after the annulment of their marriage. I hope he is gentlemen enough to realise that every face deserves a fair chance and that a book has to have a cover. Thanks for story! I think I'm in love with Nicky-boy.

Ellienora35Ellienora35about 5 years ago
This is awesome

I love this story. I can’t wait to see who her guardian is, and I love Edmund. What happens next? Yay!

EGRIEGRIabout 5 years ago
Edmund continues to impress and Sage continues to succumb to his charms

Some nice progress in the relationship between Sage and Edmund. The adversary has arrived and proves to be as odious as previously inferred

Often a phrase or a comment of insight are indications of the author's skill and attention to the era in which teh story is placed.

"The Master casts his net to an empty lake,”

"My Lord, he would know it regardless. Maintain the charade with him, if you will. But there is no need to enact the reality."

These two little snippets of dialogue show just how much effort Bellie444 puts into her work.

Don't keep us in suspense. Keep them coming.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 5 years ago
This one is more my style

looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Impressed

I am so impressed by the way your writing has matured. While you've always had great characters I found earlier stories scattered and a bit disconnected. This not only seems more focused but written in a more polished manner. I'm really looking forward to this journey with you. What a great start to this story so far. By your rapidly improving talent, I'll bet you'll be joining the countless other authors now published who also got their start here.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsabout 5 years ago
Still not my taste, but...

I just don't like this genre of writing, but I am nevertheless captivated and eager to learn what happens! That's the sign of a good writer. I love the mystery of her guardian. Five stars, yet again. Thank you, Bellie! -- JB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great Story!

Despite the delightful romantic nature of the story I can only be grateful that I’m a woman of the 21st Century! Even the first half of 20th century wasn’t a picnic.

This could be set pretty much anywhere between the Middle Ages and the 18/19th C. although personally I’m leaning towards 18/19th C. particularly given Edmund’s comment about witchcraft. Great attention to detail.

You’ve definitely left some tantalising clues to keep everyone hooked. Thanks for sharing.

Tess

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not a slave after all

Edmund made her wear chains and treated her as if she were a slave supposedly because he intended his nemesis to believe he owned her to save her. There was this big production about it until Joel stressed to Edmund that he could have treated her with respect while simply telling the non-present nemesis that she was a slave. Then when the big moment comes with the nemesis where he is supposed to save her by acting as if he has absolute claim to her, he says she is simply his guest? This invalidates the entire premise of treating her as he has to this point. I’m unimpressed. I usually am impressed by your stories. Not this one so far.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 4 years ago
Another Good Story Unfolds.

A very absorbing story. Looking forward to the relationship of these to developing. Bravo.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBellie444@Bellie444
UPDATE: Hello readers, Announcing I am opening a Patreon profile. I’d like writing to become a bigger part of my life. If you want to support that, you can sign on and I’ll update here when it’s ready. I’m not removing my current works and any continuations to my existing Li...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Ward Previous Part
The Ward Series Info