All Comments on 'The Warning Nobody Heard'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Good to read your new story!

5

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

It's great to see you back after all these years. With a winner, of course. Good to know there's life after the apocalypse, complete with a happy ending. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story & enjoyed it. Thanks.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 1 year ago

What a surprise and after nearly twenty years. Great story, too. I hope you keep writing.

clearlyenigmaticclearlyenigmaticover 1 year ago

Welcome back! I didn't even know you were gone! I find it interesting that I just discovered your work today. After reading the story of PI Jase Conford and Carla's cheating husband I decided to check out the rest of your work. At first glance it appeared that after I worked my way through your collection there would be no new tales. I like your style and humor so I was a little disappointed until I noticed this story. Well done. I was afraid it would be too dark considering the topic, but you managed to make it a fun read in spite of the setting. While very different than the first story I read, your style is unmistakable. I will look forward to your next creation while I enjoy your earlier writing.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

only complaint is it ended thax for that

bob4300sbob4300sabout 1 year ago

EXCELLANT, EXCELLANT job. Wonderful idea to take 'what if’ and combine it with Covid.

Bob

pawsnizzypawsnizzyabout 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed your work - thanks

cindyp1976cindyp1976about 1 year ago

Loved this and wouldn't mind if you expanded on this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

CHEESE LOUISE!!!! I don't think I have read 2 stories back to back of this quality by an author. Absolutely nothing negative to say about this. Reading some of the comments, I see the author left the public hanging for a while. Good to see his return.

texlootexlooabout 1 year ago

I love speculative fiction. This is a really solid yarn. The characters and setting was engaging. I only wish it was longer. Maybe we will see a sequel telling the tale of the older son's quest for a bride?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good story except the minimization of COVID 19. There were bodies piled up in makeshift morgues in every major US city and around the world in the early days of the pandemic.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I agree with the previous anonymous person. COVID 19 most certainly is not "just a flu" (note the use of the present tense). The undermining of the WHO is certainly not a good look either.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story. I look forward to reading Ronnie's story.

ja99ja999 months ago

If you did an edit, and posted a new version (or wrote a similar story), I'd suggest a few things:

1. There's a lot of setup in the front that isn't strictly necessary to the plot-line, though cutting that is hard, I know, I'm an author too (we have some similar ideas).

2. When I read it, it looked like there was some gap in the storyline right about where the lion appeared and morningstar shot it.

3. Most people don't call each other (as married folk) by long names. Morningstar probably would be shortened to 'star' or Mo, etc.

4. It's unlikely that in a country of 300m people that the family has no neighbors. Some wandering around, on bicycles even, would allow leaving signs for getting together. Fearing others is only early -stages, after a year or so, people are probably self-sufficient and interested in trade again.

5. To help readers (and increase score), add chapter headings at appropriate parts, just with '-- Chapter: xxxx--' lines. This gives anchor points for readers.

6. You jumped back and forth into the future 20 years and then back to give emma kids, that would have been eaiser to understand in chronological order and is an easy fix.

Again, very nice work, I enjoyed it. Looking forward to other things you've written. I like to read about disagreements between characters, it's fun to watch dynamics there, gives flavor, lots of stories don't have that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...