The Warrior Queen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Breena removed the rough man's shirt and leather trousers that had covered her naked body from Twindle, and wondered in awe of the feel of the dress as it slipped down her body. The soft material seemed to hug her body, shaping the dress into almost a second skin. The soft curve of her breasts held it away from her chest, and her nipples made two small bumps in the shimmering fabric. The dress fitted her hips well, accentuating their sensuous curve away from her slim waist. As she ran her hands over those curves, her thoughts went to her mother. What her mother would not give to wear such a dress even once. Her father would have thought her mother even more beautiful than he already said she was.

Her father...the thought brought wetness to her eyes, but the tears were not those of sorrow. Those tears had been shed that day when Breena watched from the tree. These tears were tears of rage at the king who had attacked Uvil and killed many men, at the evil Queen who picked young girls from villages as if they were ripe fruit on the tree, and at the Captain of the Palace Guards who had ordered her father slain. Somehow she would avenge her father and find Almadee.

Those thoughts were interrupted by a soft rapping on the pole of her tent.

"Breena, may I enter."

Breena recognized Twindle's voice.

"You may."

Twindle walked into the tent dressed in the leather and plate armor of a soldier, but his helmet sported a crest of red feathers instead of being plain as was the helmet Torel had worn. When he removed the helmet, the sheepish smile on his face beamed at Breena.

"I would suppose you have many questions for me?

"Just one, but I think that one will have many answers. Why did you lie to me?"

Twindle took a deep breath.

"I did not lie, exactly. I misrepresented myself somewhat, but I did not lie. My name is indeed Twindle, and I am the son of Mergo and a man I never knew. My father was Daval, King of Shanala, the country from the border of Chandolay north and past the Wild Lands. He was killed in a battle with King Mandorn's father when I was but one year of age. I said I was from everywhere and nowhere, because that is how I spent my youth. Mother assumed the throne and ruled Shanala after my father's death, and spent most of the time visiting the various cities around the realm.

"As I told you, there were many men in my mother's life -- the men of her army. I spent my youth learning the skills of a military man that I might one day take my father's place. That was my mother's goal, to train me to one day lead Shanala as King. My goal was to hunt down the King of Chandolay and kill him as he had killed my father. It was unfortunate that he died of some illness before I could feed him to the worms."

Twindle smiled.

"So, you see, I did not lie. I merely presented myself in a truthful, but misleading manner."

"And I may put a dress on a goat and call it a woman, but it is still a goat."

"I suppose it could appear that I did lie, but there was good reason which I can explain if you will open your mind and listen."

"I will listen after you tell me who you truly are. Torel called you Your Highness. You must be the King now."

Twindle chuckled.

"It is his way of showing respect in front of others. We are more friends than superior and subordinate, and I am more prince than king. The kings of Shanala do not gain that status by the mere act of being born. They are accepted for their leadership and compassion for the people. I have not yet led men into battle. I soon shall, and if the court agrees with Mother, then I may be crowned King.

"That is the reason for my ruse. For years, King Mandorn has raided the outlying villages and cities of Shanala. His army is not larger than the army of Shanala, but he keeps them in garrison around the palace in Mynar. The city is well fortified and thanks to his raids at harvest time, has supplies to last years. We could not defeat him by attacking Mynar. The only way was to draw him away from his reinforced city into open country. There we could defeat him.

"We began two weeks ago by sending small patrols into the Wild Lands, as has been our practice. The difference was that not all the men returned from the patrols. They came here, to this secluded valley and began making a camp. Others went to the west and made another. Still others traveled south and met the army of Mesofal, a kingdom to the west of Chandolay that has also tired of King Mandorn's raids. The fifty thousand warriors of that army will attack the city of Mynar from the south while my army does likewise from the north, east, and west.

It was necessary to send a few at a time, for King Mandorn has many spies in Shanala. A large column of men moving out of garrison would attract attention we could little afford. Through the assistance of a friend in the King's barracks and some trusted traders, we were able to identify those spies, but could not arrest them for fear of warning King Mandorn. Instead, when even the small groups left, we were careful to send a few selected women to occupy the spies.

"From time to time, through those same trusted traders and through the women who warmed the beds of the spies, we released information of a misleading nature. Some of the spies learned from their concubines that most of the women of that trade would leave the city to follow the army soon. They did not know where, only that the army would leave the city in less than the cycle of the moon.

With their tongues seemingly loosened by good Shanala mead, our trusted traders bragged that when the border raids were halted, they would be trading there again, and hinted that those raids would be stopped very soon. Our own spy in Mynar sent word that our lies had reached the King.

"A small force of about five thousand is now camped some distance east of that border, but each night they light the fires for sixty thousand. The perimeter of the camp is heavily guarded, and all intruders, save a selected few, are killed upon capture. The guards around the encampment have been told to seemingly err and reveal to those arrested that there are indeed sixty thousand men camped there. Those intruders they let escape hopefully return to Mynar with a tale of the massive army assembled just over the hills.

What we hope the King now believes is that in about six days, we will attack from the east with over sixty thousand soldiers. That will force him to move most of his army to his eastern border.

"Two days ago, we arrested all the spies and locked them in the palace dungeon. The main force of the army then moved out to the prepared encampments. In two more days, if our runner brings the news that the army of Chandolay has moved to the east, we will attack from the north and west. The army of Huggan, King of Mesofal, will attack from the south. Upon taking Mynar, the armies will mass and march to meet King Mandorn on the open plains. There, he will be defeated."

Breena had listened intently and nodded her understanding from time to time.

"If you are to lead the attack, how is it you were fighting two soldiers near my forest cavern and not riding at the head of the army?"

"It was the transport of the gold to pay the army of King Huggan. Most of my soldiers are trustworthy, but one never knows how gold will affect a person who desires it. I decided to carry it myself, but away from the main force of soldiers. My officers explained to the soldiers that the Queen was ill and requested my presence, but that I would join them before the battle.

I dressed in the clothes of a farmer and left in the middle of the night. I carried with me the purse of gold I showed you by the river. It was my misfortune that when I neared the border, two lone soldiers on a foraging trip for King Mandorn's army saw me and gave chase. I knew the size of my purse would be too large for any farmer. I dismounted to hide it, and my horse ran away. Sorry creature that he was, I would have given half that purse to have him back. I was forced to run. The trees around your cave seemed a good place to hide. The soldiers caught me before I could reach them, and I was forced to fight."

Breena smiled. "So you did lie to me."

"Yes, I did lie about the purse, but that lie was necessary if you were to believe me to be the scoundrel I attempted to portray."

'When you defeat King Mandorn's army, what will become of him?"

"I will send the murdering bastard to meet his father in the underworld."

"And the Queen?"

"The Queen would meet this same fate, were it not for a request of King Huggan. She will be given to him to do with as he sees fit. King Huggan is a good king who cares much for his subjects, but he is not so civilized as I. She is to be tied, naked, in front of the King Huggan's palace that all those she has abused might return the favor in kind. It is more fitting than death, I believe. Your tale of her cruelty is not the first I have heard, nor is it the most gruesome."

Twindle touched Breena's shoulder.

"Breena, I will be as honest as I can possibly be. If Almadee is still alive, and I promise I will have men search for her, do not expect her to be the same Almadee you once knew."

"What about the Captain of the Guards?"

"He will likely die with the rest during the battle in the city. If not, he will die on the blade of my sword. I owe you much more, but that may at least begin my repayment for your care of me when I had the fever."

"You could allow me the satisfaction of seeing him separated from his man parts first."

"Breena, battle is no place for a woman, nor is the mayhem that is likely to follow. My men are disciplined in battle, but after the last blade is thrust, emotions run high, and the thirst for vengeance for those of their company struck down is strong. I can not control them then, nor could anyone, man or god. The thirst must be slaked and allowed to die on its own. They could mistake you for a woman of Chandolay, and...suffice it to say I believe you would not enjoy their treatment of you. You must stay here. When I return, I will tell you of their fate.

"Now, I must leave to await the runner from Chandolay, and will not return before the battle is ended. It should not be a long battle. Between my army and that of King Huggan, we outnumber them two to one."

He smiled.

"I will leave twenty men and two of the officer's wives to see to your comfort. Enjoy yourself while I am gone."

When Twindle had gone, Breena was at first sad, then angry. She was the one who had been witness to her father's death and the abduction of Almadee. She could not bear the thought of sitting idly in the tent and waiting on news of the outcome of the battle. Breena went to the entrance of the tent and tapped one of the guards on the shoulder.

"Would you be so kind as to tell General Torel I wish to speak with him?"

[]

As she had on every morning since Almadee's capture, Panuli woke the girl when she brought her morning meal. When Almadee removed the sleeping clothes the Queen had insisted she have, Panuli watched.

She was somewhat confused. She had been caring for the Queen's lovers for several years. All had come back from the Queen's bedchamber with bruises or welts or both. Almadee's skin was just a whole as the day Panuli had given the girl that first bath. She decided to ask the question that had been nagging at her for days.

"Almadee, why is it you have no welts from the Queen's lash, nor bruises from her pinchers?"

Almadee hesitated. She could not tell this woman she was only acting out what the Queen desired, even though she sometimes enjoyed the experience. Last night, she had reached release three times in succession. Under her careful caresses and probing tongue, she had left the Queen exhausted after six. No, though Panuli had become her only friend, she could not risk the truth.

"I do not know. I have done what you said, and the Queen has only taught me how to please her. I believed the whip and other devices were her greatest pleasure, but it must not be so. Perhaps it is because I have grown to understand her desires and she has awakened those same desires in me."

"You -- you enjoy having that cow touch you...and you enjoy touching her?"

"Panuli, I think it not best that you call her a cow. I would never tell her such, but others might. You are the only person here I could call a friend, and I would hate to see anything harsh befall you."

"I would let her kill me before I touched her as she desires."

"It is not so bad as you might think, Panuli. Perhaps one day I can help you understand."

Panuli turned to leave then tapped her forehead and turned back.

"Oh, sometimes I think it a wonder I remember my own name. I am to tell you that tonight, you will not visit the Queen's bedchamber. The palace is under heavy guard because the army has marched off to the east. There will be a huge battle, but they say the King will win. Until the army returns, you will stay locked in your chambers and the Queen in hers."

As Almadee ate her meal, she sent a prayer to the Gods that the King would lose. She knew not what that might mean for certain, but it could mean her release. Though she had experienced much over the past few days, she was still untouched by a man. More than anything in the world, and in spite of the soft bed and wonderful food in the palace, Almadee wished to be back in Uvil, married to a farmer, and caring for his children.

[]

That the runner had brought good news was obvious to Breena. The entire army began scurrying about, packing horses, sharpening swords and daggers, and saying goodbye to the women who lived on the outskirts of the encampment. At dawn, the day after this one, Twindle would lead the army against Mydar, and then on to defeat King Mandorn. If all went according to plan, the villages of the border would again be safe, and the Queen would no longer take young girls to satisfy her evil desires. Breena was happy the army was leaving. She only hoped there was enough time before they did.

[]

There was only enough light in the sky to make out shapes when Twindle mounted his white gelding and ordered the army to march. By mid-morning, this column as well as one from the west and King Huggan's army in the south would converge on Mynar. At worst, King Mandorn would have left a few thousand guards at the palace. Five thousand archers and four thousand mounted swordsmen would dispatch them quickly. After leaving two companies to complete the ransacking of Mynar, Twindle would turn his army to the east and the main force of King Mandorn. If all went as planned, King Mandorn would lie dead before nightfall the next day, and Twindle would be on his way back to the palace at Laney.

The sun was just peeping over the horizon when a mounted soldier was seen riding at a gallop toward the head of the column. General Torel ordered a dozen men to fan out in front of the column to protect Twindle should the man's intention be to harm him. Before the men could leave the formation, Twindle ordered them back. Turning to Torel, he spoke quietly.

"I recognize the horse, though I have no idea how she managed it without some assistance. I left strict orders with the camp guards that she was to remain in her tent. You would know nothing about this, I suppose."

Before he could answer, Breena brought the black gelding to a dusty halt and then trotted up beside Torel.

Twindle was taken aback by the garb Brenna wore. The trousers were of the same black leather as the army wore, but cut to tightly fit her female shape. The armor was also similar, but with two polished cones to protect her breasts. A skirt of metal plates spread out over her hips, and her helmet was crowned with the feathers of a raven. In sheaths that crossed over her back were two short swords, and at her waist hung the dagger she'd used to slit the throat of the soldier at the grove. Twindle stared in both admiration for her courage and anger at her lack of concern for her own safety.

"Breena, how --"

Breena removed her helmet and shook out her long golden hair. It fell in waves over her steel and leather clad shoulders.

"Your Highness, you did not truly expect me to stay behind while you took my vengeance for me?"

"Yes, I did, and I will send you back with a dozen swordsmen as soon as you tell me who assisted you in obtaining what you wear and permission to leave the camp."

"You can not send me away. I will only escape and follow you to Mynar, regardless of how many men you send to take me back."

Breena's firm face became a smile.

"I have no reason nor need to tell you who helped me. Let us just say it was a friend who understood my wishes and agreed with them. Torture me, kill me, do as you wish, but that friend's name will never cross my lips."

Twindle was angrier. This girl had no idea of what happened in a battle, and he had no time to protect her.

"If a dozen are not enough, perhaps a thousand will be, or two thousand, or three."

Torel cleared his throat,

"Your Highness, if you send many, they will not return in time to join the battle. King Mandorn is outnumbered, but his army is still strong and capable. We will need every sword to defeat him. If you will allow Breena to stay until we have taken Mydar, I will assign twenty men to watch over her. Mydar is where her quest lies, and she can rescue her friend while we finish with Mandorn."

What Torel said was true, and left Twindle little choice. He did not know how many of the King's army guarded the palace, nor how many men he might lose in that battle. He would indeed need all the men he had at his disposal.

"Very well, Breena, but do not begin your search for Almadee until we have taken the city. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Your Highness, I understand."

Breena smiled, and her smile bothered Twindle for some reason he could not explain.

[]

The walls of Mydar were filled with archers when Twindle led the column toward the gate.

"They plan to cut us down in a hail of arrows", said Torel.

"Yes, and some of our men will die, but our archers will aim true as well. Send a company of foot soldiers to test their range."

Torel gave the order and a hundred men marched forward with their shields held in front of them. They had traversed about a hundred paces when the sky was filled with hundreds of arrows. The foot soldiers huddled close together and held their shields over their heads. Most of the arrows fell short. The arrows that did reach the men were deflected by the shields. Only two men, both on one side of the formation fell crying in pain. Four other soldiers dragged them back to the column and the rest of the company followed them.

Twindle turned to Torel again.

"Our archers have the new bows, the ones from the East?"

"Yes."

"Let us see if they were worth the gold they cost."

At Torel's order, five thousand archers marched to the front of the column. Each man carried twenty arrows, and carefully stuck the points into the ground in front of him. At the command of "nock" from their commander, the archers nocked arrows and drew their bows. "Loose" was the next command, and thousands of arrows filled the sky on their way to Mydar. Their arc was high, and to Breena, their flight seemed to take a long time, but soon, the air was filled with the screams of men inside the walls of the city. Breena heard "Loose" again, over and over, until each archer had sent half his twenty missiles of death into the city.

Twindle nodded in satisfaction.

"That should keep their heads down while we storm the gates. If they should pop back up like a rat from its hole, your archers are ready, are they not?"

"Your Majesty, they will send another flight at the first archer who shows his head, and keep sending them until we have breached the gate. Already, men are bringing more arrows."

1...345678