All Comments on 'The Way of the Wolf'

by QuantumMechanic1957

Sort by:
  • 128 Comments (Page 2)
jmmj5jmmj5over 1 year ago

Not sure how I missed this one.

Well done. I enjoyed that. Forgiveness, real forgiveness, is hard.

Thanks for an enjoyable story.

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreenerover 1 year ago

This was very original. I liked it. Will start reading more of your stuff. Thanks

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Very good, different to most LW. stories I like RAAC when it's deserved

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

Very good and unconventional story.

Please keep writing.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

still like this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn, it almost makes you want to trust a lawyer.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Wow! I can't find that lawyer 😉

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Not just the reconciliation but the legal discussion and the two lawyers' own stories. I must say the 16 months of no sexual relations for Venus with her husband Jimmy was extreme and highly dysfunctional. I like how the husband amended the agreement to balance it. Wife was apparently drugged without her knowledge and then blackmailed. Blaackmail sex is rape. However caving to blackmail to prevent evidence of an affair by having more extramarital sex is bad calculus. Come clean to the other spouse. Throw yourself on their mercy. Do not give power to the blackmailer unless it is to stall for time. Exceptions are physical harm, impending threats of violence, severe legal or financial ruin, even then buy time with sex if need be to get help and get reverse leverage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A lovely reconciliation on the first page. Predators who drug women and blackmail them for sex (i.e. rape) should be eradicated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Personally I think this should be required reading for anyone who wants to author a RAAC. Look at the conditions spelled out here, under those (and only those) circumstances, a couple might be able to work through it. Otherwise, split up and get on with your life. If a year later you still can't get over her, see a shrink.

One nit pic: there is a Maurer School of Law, but it's Indiana University (IU) not University of Indiana.

deependerdeepender12 months ago

Great story, well written. I think that these are the only two lawyers in the entirety of the LW archives that could have appeared in this story. Thank you.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse6410 months ago

Just recently discovered your writings. Never was a real fan of RAAC, but you put a different spin on them. I truly enjoyed this one. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Excellent again.

Curious how he could have missed what a horrific bitch his doctor wife was. Mildly curious how she cheated on the affair partner after they got married. Mildly.

I just realized that in all three of the original marriages, the wives are the bad actors. We get a lot of insight in what happened from Venue. We get a little glimpse of what happened to Mrs Williams. We get none into the bitch from hell.

The story doesn't require an explanation. But I would love one. And I realize the betrayed spouse very often never gets an explanation that really makes any sense. Was it all part of a plan? We know doctors who have done this on purpose. Marry a woman who will work to support them through all the school, internships and residency. Trade up as soon as the big bucks start rolling in. And interesting legal cases have looked at the question of whether all the medical education constitutes a marital asset.

Even if she didn't set out to take advantage of her husband from the beginning, the circumstances of the divorce were just nasty. Nasty and unnecessary. Ugly, ugly stuff. Who does that? And why?

It just cries out for karma. Again, good story. Complete. Focus need only be on the total surrender legal gambit. Well done. But it might be fun to read a back story on the evil witch.

Moonbat74Moonbat7410 months ago

Like the different approach taken.

parenthesisparenthesis10 months ago

Making lawyers seem human? I'm sure there's a rule against that somewhere.

Thanks, interesting premise.

oderflamundoderflamund10 months ago

I rarely comment on any site but in this case, I cannot resist and I have to say that your story made me cry... How flawed we are as human beings but... compassion and love are such beautiful emotions that elevate the human soul beyond its ephemeral condition!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuy9 months ago

Very good job of portraying the natural discomfort of the 2 at dinner.

Great writing

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Good story. Even the RAAC was palatable.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it, I really, really liked it. Real emotion, real people, along with real contrition and real forgiveness. And romance! This is the way.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story. Solid and gripping plot. First page is amazing. If a loving wife or husband who made a heart wrenching mistake and truly wanted to make amends or was even innocent (going with the MC's drugged and blackmailed theory, which is rape), then this is what they should do. Or something akin to it. Unfortunately one of the only really impactful ways to show contrition in a quantitative manner in a divorce settlement is by terms of money, custody, and rights/privileges, either granted or sacrificed. As soon as the husband heard the counteroffer he was so pissed because he knew that he couldn't a certain that counter offer but at the same time had to take her back. They will be fine. Wish things like this happened more in the real world. The truly remorseful will do almost anything to sacrifice or atone in order to reconcile. It is the guilty that will hold onto their pride. She made a mistake, not a choice that got her into that situation. But she did not ask the predator to.drug and rape her and then blackmail her. She only gave into the blackmail once on that 3rd time, being drugged (at least partially) thr first two. Liked how the compact ending with legal notices showed the divorce of the MC's bitch ex wife from the Chief Anesthesiologist (wonder who cheated first?) and then how the two lawyers found each other and we can guess why the daycare. The sixteen months with no sex with her husband no matter hownhard she was working makes zero sense.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Shouldn’t that be Wheeler and Anderson family law? Not Wheeler and Wheeler

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Refreshingly original. Well-written. To1o bad it d1oesn't reflect reality -- the lawyers will neger sign up for anything this non-adversarial.

Ed

Helen1899Helen18998 months ago

A good story, if 26thNC. Likes an RAAC story then it must be good. I seem to follow him around and though we like different things, I always respect his views

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

Very nice. Thanks for sharing your imagination.

TwmatthewsTwmatthews6 months ago

Loved this story. I enjoyed the back stories of the two attorneys and how they opened up to each other.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If she, quote, "ripped his heart out" how can you turn this into a RAAC? He would have simply accepted her offer on the first page of this story or slightly modified it to give her something and ended the marriage right then and there.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver5 months ago

Well done!! Very enjoyable while also giving a good word picture of the pain infidelity can cause!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userQuantumMechanic1957@QuantumMechanic1957
Retiring soon (I hope) from a 40+ year engineering career. Happily married to my best friend, with children and grandchildren. Have been writing various novels and short stories for years, including some personalized ones for friends and family (Its a nice gift, your own story...

SIMILAR Stories