All Comments on 'The Way of the Wolf'

by QuantumMechanic1957

Sort by:
  • 128 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

So on the one had the two main characters aren't married, aren't dating, aren't fucking - which would meant not LW

.

On the other had of the four secondary characters three of which were not cheating or fucking, also not LW

But the fouth is a cuck which tangentially puts this in LW, though I think NE would have been a better fit

.

.

Regardless you have a cuck with no cuck tag, and a RAAC tag for two MCs who arent even in a relationship

One star for lying with your tags

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

A very interesting and new premise to a divorce story. Really liked how the cheating Dr. Got hers in the end.

jesterhjesterhover 2 years ago

Thoughtful and writing shows real potential. Like nearly every capable writer you need editorial support. Thanks for the story.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

I like the main characters, and Steve's patented technique is interesting, but overall it felt a bit too dry. Not much in the way of action happens (except through their recollections), so it's left to the dialog to do the heavy lifting. And while it's well-delivered, the central concept didn't feel strong enough to me to keep it riveting. Certainly different from the usual entries, and the writing skill is quality, so looking forward to more entries in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wouldn't call this a RAAC. There's a difference between a Reconciliation and a Reconciliation At All Cost. A reconciliation is earned, in some way, by the offending party. A RAAC, on the other hand, is shoving two people back together because the author wants to humiliate one of them, just wants to piss of his readers, or he's one of those simpletons that thinks everything in life ends on a positive note.

Good story. Full marks. Thanks for posting.

vazkor13vazkor13over 2 years ago

Juste love it. Favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing...

Refreshing!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Good story. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Nice job QuantumMechanic1957. It's so nice a day to find more than two very good reads other than the week's offering of cuck garbage.

/

But reading early on before Steve Wheeler explained the "way of the wolf" strategy, during the meeting between the estranged couple, I did feel the husband was being expertly manipulated, yes by the lawyer backed 100% by cheating wife, to take the wife back and Bob's lawyer wasn't wise enough to see through it. Wife won, Bob "lost".

/

I don't mind RAAC really. What bothers me is how it is handled or how it came about. Manipulation is one detestable act that gets me and I saw it but maybe the wife indeed is so remorseful and desperate to get her husband back that she needs to do it. Still, it doesn't sound right to me. Anyways, glad that Wheeler and Anderson found each other after all. It ended well for the main characters.

tejmjm55tejmjm55over 2 years ago

Good Story. Nice twist on divorce preceeding. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written. Bravo.

Bh76Bh76over 2 years ago

Good effort. There was a bit too much fluff at the beginning for a short story though. When you do that and don’t continue, it feels like you got bored with it as you were writing the middle and end. I look forward to more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story QM57! And what an original & extremely entertaining thought out concept “The Way of the Wolf”. Brilliant! 5* plus!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed that. Interesting and well-written.

'council'? 'councilor'? I don't think so!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Really nice story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So well written; enjoyed every word.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 2 years ago
Interesting Story

Actually two stories in one. I usually don't like RAAC but the couple reconciling made sense and was very moving. After thinking about it, I am not surprised that it took 2 years for the law firm merger-- they both had baggage to overcome.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 2 years ago

Unique. Enjoyable. Fun. 5* from me.

EZ8ltEZ8ltover 2 years ago

I'm fine with a RAAC if it's built up well, this wasn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ingenious and original.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

I greatly enjoyed this unusual story. Well-written, and I totally disagree with the comments by the first poster.. 5 stars

OldBrummieOldBrummieover 2 years ago

Excellent. Well written, thought out and presented. Never thought I would like an RAAC story but you have proved me wrong. Thank you. 5*

francemanfrancemanover 2 years ago

Ah ah! Welcome toi Disney World.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Nice story, well told

IcarusascendingIcarusascendingover 2 years ago

I liked this one a lot

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Is it that you just don't know how to use pronouns, or are you "virtue signalling" to the weak-minded woketard feminists in your audience? How about, "Every author should get their just score."? illiterate enough for you?

I gave this a 3, which was generous.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

Nice job presenting something different from the norm. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quit reading after the ex-husband became a PE (Registered Professional Engineer) in record time. There is no getting around the required professional experience time (4 years in my state).

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 2 years ago

Really neat twist. Thank you!

MrSpoojerMrSpoojerover 2 years ago

Good read, thanks

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

I thought this was really well done. I liked the focus on the lawyers rather than the couple (and I support reconciliation way way more than most would think. I just believe it needs to be convincing. I have seen some cray reconciliations that you wouldn't believe and the couple are happy and better than ever. It's not always cut and dry).

Anyway, i am sure some wont like your story and i am sorry. There are some dinks here and others i think just like to wind me up when i ask if they liked something. Looking at you Vandy. 😜

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - i really liked this story. Compromise is always a better choice than total annihilation.

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

A good idea, well executed. D

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing.

myky40myky40over 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting and different story. Enjoyed it. 5 Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed it. If ever in a divorce I hope to get such a deal. I also would edit a few things such as me not getting all her income to manage, me NOT having her live with me, me Not having sex with her, having sex with someone else for sure. But I would take the cash, house, etc. and divorce her cheating ass.

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

Very well written, very enjoyable, and in spite of what another commenter wrote about lack of action, kept me interested the whole way thru. The title was misleading, but that was intentional, so I'll allow it. Keep writing.

knoxhardknoxhardover 2 years ago

This was an excellent way to present the legal strategy.

Nice touch to provide two LW anecdotes in the telling.

His doctor ex-wife and her 2d husband seem like really nice folks. Since the author has Venus address her own lessons learned, perhaps it might have added something to have him address how he could possibly have been married to such a horrible witch without knowing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, well written and a pleasure to read. Well done, hope you continue writing 5 stars

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

Different.

The interplay was good and actually overwhelmed the actual raac.

MVarroMVarroover 2 years ago

A RAAC that get a 4+ rating around here must be good, and yours is very good. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There’s no “University of Indiana.” It’s Indiana University! 0 stars for the unforgivable gaffe!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story but the betrayal was too great and I think he should have pressed the divorce rather than RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Original. Very well written.

.

One of the best stories offered here in a long while.

.

5 solid *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

well thought out and well presented. such a WONDERFUL story thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good writer- technically and grammatically sound, good pacing, realistic characters and dialogue. I felt for your characters.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Interesting. Needed to know more about her cheating and getting caught to have a real opinion. Lawyer story was a bit dry and emotional I thought.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great work with something very different here in LW. I didn't even notice a lack of action as the story kept me engaged all the way through with the main characters stories.one divorced by a cheating wife trading up, and the other by a husband who felt abandoned by a career driven achiever. I really enjoyed this and the double happy ending didn't hurt either.

imhaplessimhaplessover 2 years ago

Cute and original; I like cute and original. 5*

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Enjoyable. I did roll my eyes at their counter offer but figured I would keep reading. It did get better after that.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

One of the GREAT stories of all time! So well-conceived with an absolutely imaginative plot! Characters from top to bottom were top-notch! Such an amazing story with a perfect ending.

.

Of course, the BTBAAC and ANON Cabals will be screaming, rending their garments and gnashing their teeth because the Williamses got back together. The proverbial Forest/Trees types.

.

5++++++++++++++/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed it very much. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

*4 but it WAS a RAAC, at least in the beginning. At least the two lawyers weren't the cheaters.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsover 2 years ago

Always enjoy an original plot to a story and you certainly found an interesting one. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading your future endeavors. *****

management91399management91399over 2 years ago

A sequel in the romance section maybe titled Lawyers in Love?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for the RAAC warning.....no need to waste time on a cheating bitch that is taken back

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very interesting paradigm

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

Ok but really didnt have the drama or conflict that cheating spouse and divorce stories usually bring.

SRTigerSRTigerover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, 100% fresh concept. Waiting for more

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 2 years ago

5* for an unique RAAC. Salvaging a marriage by surrendering and offering to be ripped apart, thereby hoping the offended spouse will show mercy an recon? Yup, thats new. Write on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, two totally different stories but you made them mesh. Well Done!

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 2 years ago

Oh yes, now this is a great story. Cheating and divorce affects a whole lot more people than most realise. So basing it from the view of the lawyers was a genius move.

Really well done, and thank you!

5*

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

A very interesting story.

5*

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Superb idea. So very far from the normal in this category. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How could not like this tale? I agree with SRTiger.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

enjoyed it ty for the read dont think i read anything like that here

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 2 years ago

Nice new way to handle things! It is very well developed, and the segue into an expository romance story between the lawyers is unexpected, deftly handled, and structurally thrilling. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Expertly written from narrative to plot! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A unique plot and fresh perspectives of concepts frequently presented in LW make for a generous Christmas present to the readership. 🎁 Thank you, QM1957. Please allow me to suggest posting another story as a great way to celebrate the New Year. 🥂

BillandKateBillandKateover 2 years ago

Giving this original tale a well deserved 5 stars. If only real life lawyers were this altruistic. Thanks for the feel good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Although we enjoyed the story, both my wife and I were disappointed with the opening paragraphs which described the husband's face appearing as a man watching his child's autopsy and the wife picking out the child's coffin. As friends of a couple who lost a child, we thought this was highly insensitive. Few things compare with the grief of losing a child. Something to consider in future writings. The rest of this story was well written.

FenixreignFenixreignover 2 years ago

Way of the Wolf - more like Way of Thoughtful Understanding, Way of Contemplated Compassion, Way of Justified (Earned) Forgiveness, or Way of True Love.

This story was original, both in concept and — by necessity — MC perspective. Like @BillandKate said, the way reality <b>should</b> be. It easily earned five stars from me (not that it means much compared to some of the living legends like @BillandKate, @imhapless, @SleeperyJim, or @26thNC).

As @management91399 commented, I would enjoy the story detailing the relationship between the lawyers. Maybe include an epilogue with exposition regarding the ex-spouses’ future as well (since you hinted at the surgeon ex-wife’s).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent, and could be the beginning of a very fine series. I like your protagonists, and I like the way you think. Though it's a little hard to believe any legal strategy would work 17/17 times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nice one, I liked it. Keep it up.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good job, this was a different template for a LW story, never seen one quite like this. Thank you for thinking out of the box. KS

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

How dare you

paint lawyers as caring human beings? With such well-crafted prose? OK, I give, take these five stars, but please, no more nice lawyers. You might make me question my prejudice and that's scary to contemplate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, I thought that was great! Very clever, nuanced, dramatic and touching, all at the same time. Not so much thought provoking as reassuring. That people can make tragic mistakes, hurtful choices, and respond with the same or even greater level of remorse, contrition, penance, and restitution. They did not save their marriage, they agreed to start a new one. With greater experience and wisdom they should have a better chance, both couples. It was a great ending. Let's hope the asshole cheaters live very very long lives; they deserve the misery. Thanks for your time, talent, and effort.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

First few lines and she is skeptical of dust motes? I will soldier on, but my hopes aren't high. I am skeptical of this writer. Dust motes, not so much.

QuantumMechanic1957QuantumMechanic1957over 2 years agoAuthor

To ANONYMOUS - My sincere apologies for my inconsiderate use of the descriptions equated with the death of a child. I will avoid that in the future and include a warning in the beginning author notes when a story deals with a potentially disturbing topic. We lost a grandchild in the not too distant past. He was in the NICU for months and never made it home. When I was groping for a description of expressions that were totally bereft but resolute, the event was still fresh in my mind and those just popped out without thinking. I will be more circumspect in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

TeggeTeggeover 2 years ago

Bravo! A new way to save those who blow it with stupidity but without totally destroying the relationship. Of course each relationship has it's own line-in-the-sand that can not be crossed...different for everyone. Refreshing, maybe a romance story is in your future.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

GREAT Love this, so many good parts. Like the fear he has of becoming a patient of his ex-wife and of course the original counteroffer. Then the lawyer's dinner and notices at the end. Terrific

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sensitive and Slick. THANK YOU for your work.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

This was really good and very different.. I've just finished reading some of your other stuff they're other stuff and I have to tell you that I think you're going to become a very successful offender especially if you keep doing more of these kinds of love loving wives stories.

You have real talent and real skill.

eliocecheteliocechetabout 2 years ago

Original, fine story. Five stars and more. Thanks QM1957

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Very interesting story, enjoyed it. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very interesting story. I realise that this is essentially the tactic my wife used with me. Lawyers were not involved, it never got to that. She had a relationship with a work colleague. When I discovered it , she immediately confessed everything and offered to move out and have a divorce if I wanted. She said she very much wanted to stay married to me, but that her conduct meant that it was my choice and she would accept my decision without question. I couldn't do it and leave her. If she had acted differently, tried to deny it, or excuse it, or justify her conduct in any way, I probably would have left. Things were a bit rocky between us for a while, in part because I had some trouble trusting her, and she didn't like that, but accepted her role in my mistrust. In time we moved past that, I saw that she had changed (once a cheater is not always a cheater) and managed to regain my trust in her. Subsequently our marriage has been very happy and we recently celebrated our golden anniversary (45 years after the incident(.) So forgiveness and reconciliation are indeed possible and may be very desirable, but they are never easy and take work on both sides.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

There is no such thing as an alpha wolf. It's an outdated theory that was disproven by the original biologist who produced the original study. He has tried for decades to have the publishers stop publishing the original title but they won't because it's so popular. The same goes with the human alpha beta bullshit. The sex lives if the south pacific is garbage too and has been disproven. I really wish people would stop peddling this garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

AngelRider is correct regarding the Wolf hierarchy. Both David Mech and Zimmerman have debunked the theory. In fact wolf packs are almost exclusively made up of a breeding pair and their offspring. so, it there is indeed an “Alpha” male, unlike what so many LW stories portray, he is a monogamous male who cares for his mate and their young. Yes, I have seen wolves on our ranch show the submission posture, and yes they were juveniles showing submission to adults who were likely their parents! Now if we could get our kids to do that…

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh, you have a real touch. A sensitive lawyer? Yikes!

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Now this I enjoyed. Well done.

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

5* I was confused by the Williams's early reconciliation when there were pages left to read but the shift in focus was a surprise which worked extremely well for me. Both the main characters' stories developed well and believably (it is your universe, after all). The later part of the lawyers' discussions seemed a bit wordy but this is a minor criticism of a great story and an original take on the LW genre. The "two years later" showed what happened - I didn't need the in between details, I was just glad it was a happy ending for Steve and Venus. Thank you for writing and posting such a lovely story.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 1 year ago

This was a really good read and full stars for you!

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Best "raac" (still unclear on what the acronym means) story I've read.

One note though: the custody thing is essentially worth less than the paper it was written on. Family courts aren't bound by prenuptial agreements...unless they feel like it, basically. Or if overturning the prenup would be so obviously egregious that they wouldn't risk it (which requires a judge who actually gives a damn about anyone's opinion), or something along those lines. And they're *never* bound by anything in a prenuptial agreement relating to custody and disposition of children. Not even a little bit. They might take it into consideration, but that's if they're feeling generous. They're really not judges, they're arbitrators with guns. It's not even civil court, much less criminal court, the only rules are the ones they make for themselves.

All that aside, I loved the story. And I didn't expect to love a story about a cuckolded husband getting back together with the woman who betrayed him. I appreciated the "I don't want a revenge fuck" thing. That idea, that the wronged spouse *also* shitting on the marriage vows somehow makes it better...never understood that. I would've preferred "if I wanted someone else, I'd marry them, not sleep with them while staying with you!" Or something, but I understand the "don't want second best" thing too. A great story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

YES. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Allegedly."raac" is "reconciliation at any cost".

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Very good story line but I would have loved some type of revenge against his first wife. Switching parties on him and serving him as she did after all he did for her deserves nothing less than equivalent payback... or much more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I certainly much enjoyed the structure and pacing of the story. Well done.

It’s a nice change to see things from the lawyers strategic viewpoint. The characters histories were easily relatable, and garnered my sympathy.

Be well.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I'm a sucker for a happy ending! Good guys deserve to win from time to time.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userQuantumMechanic1957@QuantumMechanic1957
Retiring soon (I hope) from a 40+ year engineering career. Happily married to my best friend, with children and grandchildren. Have been writing various novels and short stories for years, including some personalized ones for friends and family (Its a nice gift, your own story...

SIMILAR Stories